Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics

Hi Chet,

I'll send you the pics I have posted and then the other goods ones when I have them.

The expander is a great idea. Good thinking!!

Best Regards,
    Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
    One of my customers just called I have to go down to NY

I'll check in later
    Chet
    PS
    I believe the super glue is going to go By By? [heat]
    But that remains to be seen??

I might stop at Harbor frieght on the way ,,they have a "tail pipe expander" that will probably be worth its weight in gold
    [Will Stretch the ring to size [A LOT]
    I'll send it to you.
    Chet

Comment

• Test Drive Results

Well, I just test drove the sonic boiler and it's something else and that's for sure. Let me say to start with that my can is not tuned to 60 hz yet and my gap is the European 2.1mm gap and not the 1.725mm gap for USA. I'm in USA, so I'm not using the right specs yet but still getting positive results. The water started boiling fairly fast and all the contaminants in the water rose to the top immediately. So, if nothing else this is a good water cleaner device. The crap that came out of the water was terrible looking. Stuff you wouldn't want to drink. I'm posting some preliminary pictures below of my test drive. I have a video camera I'll use later but it's not digital, so I'll have to figure out how to post that video to here later.

Preliminary Pics

Last edited by Slovenia; 10-12-2011, 03:38 PM. Reason: 3rd Pic was not showing so checked on it.

Comment

• Heat Report

Again, this isn't that scientific yet because I am not using the right components yet. Mr. "C" called for 200mm can and I'm using 150mm can. Mr. "C" also called for 1.725mm gap and I used 2.1mm European gap. Also, I haven't tuned the can to 60 hz yet. Even though this is just a fast and loose experiment, the water heated up quite fast. I don't know exactly how much water I'm using in my boiler, but I think it's approximately 1.5 gallons. That said, here are the results:

Within 15 seconds: 121 degrees F

1 minute: 143 degrees F, 154 degrees F, 161.6 degrees F

2 minutes 163 degrees F

3 minutes 170 degrees F

4 minutes 178 degrees F

I don't know if these results are good or bad. I'm using main voltage of 115 volts in USA.

I was using a cheap digital watch without the capability for seconds, so all I had was just the minutes as they clicked by. So, that's why I didn't give a second by second reading.

I need to get some better equipment.

Also, I don't know how many amps I was drawing, but the device was humming pretty good right next to it.

Four minutes in to my test.

Last edited by Slovenia; 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM. Reason: Added Pics

Comment

• Update

Update

After running the boiler for twenty minutes with no ill effects to the boiler and/or electrical wiring, I shut the device off. Upon inspecting the ring I noticed something very peculiar. The ring which initially had been very close to the can gap wise, now had quite a bit of slack in it. Also, the ring was touching the can on one side now and that hadn't been the case when I started the experiment. Initially I had everything lined up properly. I don't know how the ring extended itself and/or why the breaker wasn't thrown since the can and ring were in fact touching. Any ideas??

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Comment

• I hope its not electrolysis

Hi
            S
            Time for the measuring Chart
            Slap the caliper on it Is the ring shrinking ? The Can?

I just got to my Customers gonna be a long night ,I picked up the Pipe spreader

Missed UPS here so I'll send it tomorrow ,This will make things so much easier
            We can take one size tin can and stretch several different dimensions to have in stock
            Well one thing is for certain Before we test ...measure everything
            After the test ....same thing.
            Data Data and more Data.........

Regarding the ring touching ..it may not have been touching with power on
            ? I really feel there could be some kind of pressure developed between the ring and the can
            Power can do funny things ,if it was arcing you would have seen it

Nice first test !!
            Very cool
            As always you make it easier for the rest of us by sharing ,and all of us in the long run!

Catcha later
            Thanks
            Chet
            Last edited by RAMSET; 10-12-2011, 09:01 PM.
            If you want to Change the world
            BE that change !!

Comment

• super glue & arcing

Well, the super glue held the ring arm in the slot of the threaded rod ring support. It held so well that I can't get it out of there. I was going to take it out this evening and drill and tap the threaded rod for a brass retaining screw to hold in my future rings. I really didn't want to damage this ring because it worked so well.

There was no arcing even though the ring was touching the can on one side when I took my assembly apart for more photos following my initial testing.

I'm going to test a 1.725mm ring next. I guess I need to make another threaded rod ring holding fixture, because this super glue doesn't appear to want to give up and I don't want to mess up that ring. The rings are kind of a pain to make so you don't want to screw them up if you don't have to.

Comment

• Measuring Chart

Yes, you are right. I'm not used to using anything like that so it's hard to switch gears but I must.

This project is finally getting fun. I don't know what I was expecting but it's fun now. I guess I was afraid I wouldn't be able to replicate the device with any success but now that I have I feel very good. This device is very easy as you once said Chet. It's so easy it doesn't seem possible at all. All those things I was expecting to go wrong didn't happen either. There must be a lot of margin for error. My device may not be that efficient but it works very well. It has a scary little hum that keeps you on your toes. It sounds like raw power that could kill you in an instant.

Hi
                S
                Time for the measuring Chart
                Slap the caliper on it Is the ring shrinking ? The Can?

I just got to my Customers gonna be a long night ,I picked up the Pipe spreader

Missed UPS here so I'll send it tomorrow ,This will make things so much easier
                We can take one size tin can and stretch several different dimensions to have in stock
                Well one thing is for certain Before we test ...measure everything
                After the test ....same thing.
                Data Data and more Data.........

Regarding the ring touching ..it may not have been touching with power on
                ? I really feel there could be some kind of pressure developed between the ring and the can
                Power can do funny things ,if it was arcing you would have seen it

Nice first test !!
                Very cool
                As always you make it easier for the rest of us by sharing ,and all of us in the long run!

Catcha later
                Thanks
                Chet

Comment

• Thanks for Encouragement

Hi Chet,

Thanks very much for the encouragement. It's very much appreciated. You've kept me hanging in there.

Best Regards,
                  Slovenia

Hi
                  S

Nice first test !!
                  Very cool

Catcha later
                  Thanks
                  Chet

Comment

• Acetone nail polish remover

Super glue goes by by with nail polish remover {acetone]
                    Gotta go back to work
                    Later
                    Chet
                    BE that change !!

Comment

• Some numbers

Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                      I don't know if these results are good or bad. I'm using main voltage of 115 volts in USA.
                      Hi, if you can get the time required to reach the temp increase from a known volume of water and amps used from your 120 volt source I can give you an estimate of the efficiency.

Comment

• Thanks!!

Thanks Kenny!! Let me see what I can do. I have an amp meter I just need to hook it into my wiring assembly and then I need to measure how much water fills up my boiler. I'll try to get that all squared away before the next test.

Originally posted by kenny_PPM View Post
                        Hi, if you can get the time required to reach the temp increase from a known volume of water and amps used from your 120 volt source I can give you an estimate of the efficiency.

Comment

• Thanks!!

I'd like to get that set screw installed and working for me instead of the super glue.

Super glue goes by by with nail polish remover {acetone]
                          Gotta go back to work
                          Later
                          Chet

Comment

• Internal Parts of My Boiler

Internal Parts of My Boiler

These parts were taken out of the boiler and photographed after my initial test. Some of the parts are showing rusting and other characteristics.

Ring & Ring Support Fixture

Inside of Boiler

Can Mounting Fixture Assembly

Inside Can Showing Nylon Washer and Nut
                            Last edited by Slovenia; 10-12-2011, 11:46 PM. Reason: Fixing Messed Up Photo

Comment

• A Real Baseline

Slovenia
                              Have you asked mr C if he had electrolysis or rapid deterioration problems?

One thing I believe would be good to do ,Take a can... slice .5mm section off the end,
                              lay it on the Table Place your .5mm x2mm ring over it [leaving the same gap you did in this experiment]
                              This No can ...... ring section only test
                              figure a way to Wire it and fire it!!
                              take readings on temp over time just like first test?

Am I making sense to you A base line of just brute force !!

Chet
                              PS
                              Never mind I can do this easy enough when I get home ,I just need the volume of your tank ![i should match what you have]
                              I still havent gotten a Can plus My son is bringing me his small Amp so I can match it to the Mains at my House like Mr.C [and Wrtner] said to do.
                              Gotta go back to work
                              Chet
                              BE that change !!

Comment

• Parts Deterioration

Mr. "C" never mentioned anything about deterioration problems. He didn't mention what type of iron ring he was talking about but now I'm thinking he must have been talking about 316 stainless ribbon. It stays nice unless put in corrosive atmospheres. Anyway from what he said it sounded like the aluminum can lasted a very long time. I got the impression he was trying to get me to use my head too and not just give me a free lunch.

I showed him pics of my test and am waiting on him to get back to me now.

Slovenia
                                Have you asked mr C if he had electrolysis or rapid deterioration problems?

Am I making sense to you A base line of just brute force !!
                                Chet

Comment

Working...
                                X