Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!!

Thanks Dragans, we appreciate your information.

Originally posted by dragans View Post
    Hi,

It is very hard for me to understand that you guys can not find a beer can 500ml in your country. In Serbia we have a lot of immport beer from all around the world. USA, Australia, Germany,Austria, Slovenia,Poland,... Their cans are apsollutly the same as the can of Deer Beer from Serbia. There is no can factory in Serbia. All cans for Serbian beer are imported. Reason why Mr C. used this can is because is Deer Berr is the most common beer in Serbia. There is no other reason.

Sorry for bad speling.

Cheers,
    Dragan.

Comment

• 500 ml Can (USA)

500 ml / (16.9 oz in USA)
      I've been looking for these 500 ml cans too and they are known here in USA as 16.9 oz cans. Supposedly they are used for high energy drinks and some beers. I'm still researching this and as soon as I have a domestic solution to our 500 ml can problem I will advise.

Well here it is, Red Bull High Energy drink available at any Quick Trip in either 16.9 oz cans or 12 oz cans.
      Last edited by Slovenia; 10-22-2011, 05:33 PM. Reason: Added Info

Comment

• Swedish beer coming to Florida – Beer Geek - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Sarasota, FL - Archive

This could be an option, beer is called "Stockholm". Hope size is same as over here. Picture shows 500ml can.

Inside liquid is not top of the line if you ask me ..

I will lurk on for more options

Also thanks for nice comments from hard working members

Kind regards D
        "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Pictures and sanding

The potential of this device is really enormous if we get the parameters in line

Pictures are of course of big value in this matter.
          Maybe I am wrong here, but would not a cop 10-12 device be able to loop back for selfrunning? The cop is peaking in steam mode, as a refrigeration guy, for me this is strange

And we all know that steam=electricity

I am really a newbie at this but I think alot of following question:

What do you fellows think, should we start to look behind our shoulders already or am I just far from reality?

I think we can build this together and I have hard to view what it will mean for the future. Sure some rich people will get poor over night , but how can our friends and family remain safe?

I hold my pics until I know what you fellows think.

About sanding I use 3M 07777 RED SCOTCH BRITE PADS, 20 PER BOX. COARSE GRIT

Not so lurky for the moment

Kind regards D
          "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Not By me ?

Slovenia

I have not seen these cans in NYC area ,they are 430 ml I think? [in my area]
            And very Pricey 5.00??

daemonbart
            Yes COP 12 is enormous ,As far as the "looking over the shoulder"??
            Hurts my neck!!
            There are so many things happening right now in this world of Overunity
            Its amazing!! this beer can gizmo is the least of their worries,And this My friend is a walk of faith.............[in more ways than one].

Show us your pics !! [please].
            Thanks
            Chet
            If you want to Change the world
            BE that change !!

Comment

• Thanks!!

Hi Daemonbart,

Thanks for sharing and for posting the pics. We appreciate your being part of this thing. I think this is a really big deal.

Best Regards,
              Slovenia

Originally posted by daemonbart View Post
              The potential of this device is really enormous if we get the parameters in line

Maybe I am wrong here, but would not a cop 10-12 device be able to loop back for selfrunning? The cop is peaking in steam mode, as a refrigeration guy, for me this is strange

What do you fellows think, should we start to look behind our shoulders already or am I just far from reality?

I think we can build this together and I have hard to view what it will mean for the future. Sure some rich people will get poor over night , but how can our friends and family remain safe?

Kind regards D

Comment

• Red Bull

Hi Chet,

Yes, that Red Bull is not cheap. That is a real drawback too. Sorry they don't have the 16.9 oz cans in your area. There are also some 17.5 oz cans in USA with coconut milk for mixed drinks. They are probably really pricey. It looks like great stuff to drink. Anyway, to get 60 hz in USA, we may need a longer can than 150mm in length, which is the length of the 16.9 oz / 500 ml cans. We'll keep looking. Look forward to seeing you build this boiler. It's a lot of fun and I know you will do very well.

Best Regards,
                Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                Slovenia

I have not seen these cans in NYC area ,they are 430 ml I think? [in my area]
                And very Pricey 5.00??

daemonbart
                Yes COP 12 is enormous ,As far as the "looking over the shoulder"??
                Hurts my neck!!
                There are so many things happening right now in this world of Overunity
                Its amazing!! this beer can gizmo is the least of their worries,And this My friend is a walk of faith.............[in more ways than one].

Show us your pics !! [please].
                Thanks
                Chet

Comment

• From the Boss [Thane }

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy,the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never have otherwise occurred. A whole... stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man can have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now." ~ Goethe
                  If you want to Change the world
                  BE that change !!

Comment

• Daemonbart Pics

Hi Daemonbart,

I want to see your pics. Please post them for us to see. I want to see how others build too. I have shown you my stuff. Thanks for sharing here!!

Steam, electricity and yes, we're on the same wave length. This is huge!!

Best Regards,
                    Slovenia

Originally posted by daemonbart View Post

Kind regards D

Comment

• Thanks for sharing this!!

Very great indeed!!

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                      "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy,the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never have otherwise occurred. A whole... stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man can have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now." ~ Goethe

Comment

• red bull

Hey all.
                        Another lurker here, I've been following this thread with great intrest. I just got back from the local gas station, red bull was sold in 12_16_20 ounce sizes. No 16.9 oz. I did buy the 16 ounce size, and I will measure the diamater and length before I open it and post back if ya all are interested. Maybe 16 oz. Is the volume of product and not the capacity of the can. Anyways, I plan on starting this, gonna reread slovania's notes again from the good professor and dig in. Not sure how to sound "sound off" from internet, any ideas? I'll figure something out!
                        Good luck to all!!
                        Jason

Comment

• Sound off from internet

Hi Jason,

Great to hear from you. The can needs to be at least 150mm in length. To get a 60 hz ring, we may need a bit more length too. The inventor recently suggested 200mm in length as being better. The inventor is getting his 60 hz tone off the Internet to vibrate his can against the nail hanging from the thread. Thanks for sharing here!!

Best Regards,
                          Slovenia

Originally posted by cornfused View Post
                          Hey all.
                          Another lurker here, I've been following this thread with great intrest. I just got back from the local gas station, red bull was sold in 12_16_20 ounce sizes. No 16.9 oz. I did buy the 16 ounce size, and I will measure the diamater and length before I open it and post back if ya all are interested. Maybe 16 oz. Is the volume of product and not the capacity of the can. Anyways, I plan on starting this, gonna reread slovania's notes again from the good professor and dig in. Not sure how to sound "sound off" from internet, any ideas? I'll figure something out!
                          Good luck to all!!
                          Jason

Comment

• 16 Oz. measurements

The measurements for the 16 ounce red bull can was.......

2.464" dia. == 62.585 mm.
                            6.080" length ===154.432mm.

Measured with dial calipers..

I measured the length from the radius on the bottom of can right where it bends from bottom to side...toward the top to where it bends in to form the lid.

If 200mm. is gonna be better, we may need to go for the 20 oz. can. I seen it, it was a good inch taller, im not sure if it was a bigger diameter. I'll crack that red bull open tomorrow morning in place of coffee, the ad says it gives you "wings!"

Cheers, Jason

Comment

• Red Bull Can Specs

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting the specs on the 16.9 oz can of Red Bull. The diameter is a little off spec. Mr. "C" asked that the diameter be 65mm, so I don't know if this will effect anything or not. It might!! He was very specific about the 65mm diameter scenario. Anyway, we do have access to a can that we won't have to splice and that's very nice indeed. He also said that the US can length needed to be 200mm, so I'm thinking the 20 oz can will be our can. We need to try out the 16.9 oz can and see what it does for us though. It might work. Anyway, please have a go at this experiment and try your Red Bull can out. We'd like to be privy to your results too if that's okay.

Thanks again for sharing your information with us!! Yes, the Red Bull will give you maybe a lot more energy than you need. You might want to try it out at home first. Some students use it to stay up late at night and study.

Best Regards,
                              Slovenia

Originally posted by cornfused View Post
                              The measurements for the 16 ounce red bull can was.......

2.464" dia. == 62.585 mm.
                              6.080" length ===154.432mm.

Measured with dial calipers..

I measured the length from the radius on the bottom of can right where it bends from bottom to side...toward the top to where it bends in to form the lid.

If 200mm. is gonna be better, we may need to go for the 20 oz. can. I seen it, it was a good inch taller, im not sure if it was a bigger diameter. I'll crack that red bull open tomorrow morning in place of coffee, the ad says it gives you "wings!"

Cheers, Jason

Comment

• Well got the red bull can mounted to my drill and top cut off. Tried to tune it using some test sounds from the internet over a smartphone. The nail vibrated a little at 400 Hz. But the phone had to be almost touching the can. Not sure this is the right way to do this. Later tonight I will bring wifes laptop and some speakers out to shop and see if I can find a program to try bunches of Hz. Frequencies. Any ideas?? Will also post pictures later. Can't upload off of phone.
                                Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X