Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Tuning Fixture

Boguslaw,

I can post a pic on tuning soon. The can should be vertical during tuning and free standing slightly touch the nail is good. The nail should just be barely touching the can and not forced into the can. The nail just needs to touch the can ever so lightly. The tuning seems to work better when the can is free standing and not viced up on a platform.

Best Regards,
    Slovenia

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
    Slovenia, can you post any picture how is can placed against nail ? is that placed horizontally or vertically ? should it be mounted in final location or just placed in vice for testing ?

Comment

• Thank You

Your welcome!! Thank you for being such an integral part of this too!!

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
      @ Slovenia Thanks for the answers!! This just keeps getting better!!

Chet

Comment

• Tuning

Hello Friends!

As described before I had good experience with a setup of 330 ml can and 50Hz.

Also we should not forget that voltage in some places before where 220 V and have been updated to 230 V. But still connected to device seem to be betwen 210 - 225 V, due to losses of course. So do we really know what Professor´s voltage exactly are? Maybe this affect the ring gap

My understanding so far is that almost any length will vibrate and give us well above cop 1

Another reflection is that the fastening of the can gain cop if very solid. If can is to loose this seem to work against our goals. My theory is that can and ring in this case will vibrate at same Hz and our gain will be lost

Well fellows this was some of my observations so far! Keep up the good work!

Kind rgds D
        "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• On the outskirts of the sun kissed beaches of S.O.W.A.T.O in South Africa there lies a sweet little multi racial prison known as Diepkloof charmingly nick named “sun city” after Its less less popular name sake the holiday gambling resort Sun city Sun City South Africa |*Sun City South Africa

Normally In the quiet of a summers evening after their cocktails the prisoners in sun city
          http://www.iafrikaphotos.co.za/img_u...sipri00092.jpg
          whilst waiting for the guard's to bring in their coco and tuck them in, would fancy a cup of tea, being
          totally fearless (unlike me) they would make one of these (allegedly) out of the top quality government issued silver spoons https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-m...ober242011.jpg
          of course there's a little bit of flex between the handles to stop big bangs!

using a light bulb that had “accidentally” been broken the “quests” would connect the water heater to the light fitting in their luxury suits.
          I have the advantage of insulating tape and extension leads and RCDs and plugs and sockets and switches and I'm an electrician to boot, I now, do not find it surprising that South Africa abolished the Death Penalty with prisoners building these bloody things It was probably surplus to requirement.
          Even as an electrician I still don’t like this much still for the advancement of science.....
          and anyway like South Africa I'm on 240 volts and 50hz here in the UK unlike you Jessie 110 volt guys! Unfortunately I don’t have a temperature probe to hand and I'm certainly not in a lab but in a vague attempt to get some sort of figures I'm using 400ml of iced water in a jam jar (you can still see a few ice cubes floating at the start) and I intend to time it to boiling whilst observing the current.
          The video is in real time you can see me plug the contraption in and watch it to boiling point. By all means do your own calculation. I had difficulty focusing the camera on the analogue meter however it is constantly in circuit and set to 10 amps FSD, Its movement is undetectable at the start of the heating cycle, It rises momentary to perhaps 1.75 amps during heating period (Its a poor scale) and drops back down to about 0.3 amps when the water is boiling furiously (strange that) if you watch the mirror reflection you will see it. This is all extremely dangerous children but I would be delighted to hear of this duplicated. bubble.wmv - YouTube
          It also crosses my mind that the two cone arrangement of Peter (providing the cones were air tight) would limit the water to metal contact area even if the thing was totally submerged so saving all those fuses! Although I don’t seem to be getting anything like the current draw of core despite being on 240 volts! The Tuning and harmonics may or may not be a “red herring” well girls and boys video isn't the method for scientific investigation everything here could be a forgery … It isn't! why forge anything that could be duplicated by anyone in 10 minutes? Of course I have to say – don’t ever ever do this.... its suicidal and only done by lunatics who have got fed up being fired out of cannons! BUT....
          Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Can't watch now I'm working

Duncan
            You are absolutely Correct 100 %
            This Resistance heating will manifest in the presence of two spoons
            or whatever one chooses!

The real thing to measure here is Time to heat,and once we get a few replications going ,we can establish a test protocol for this.
            We have a friend here "Tinsel Koala" who has assisted many times with measurements.
            I will not pester him until it becomes obvious we have something special going on here!

Thank you so much for your contribution

Gotta get back to work...............

Chet
            If you want to Change the world
            BE that change !!

Comment

• Welcome to the forum and thank you

ErrorId

Thank you for your contribution!!

This is exciting stuff

Chet
              If you want to Change the world
              BE that change !!

Comment

• Duncan

Duncan,

Nice to see you sharing with us!!

Best Regards,
                Slovenia

Comment

• ErrorId

ErrorId,

Thanks for sharing with us.

Best Regards,
                  Slovenia

Comment

• I've just been playing with the Joules/sec and watts to amps conversion How do you convert Watts to Joules? - Yahoo! Answers and although my meter is aged and not calibrated,and a thing bubbling in a jam jar by my computer is certainty not laboratory conditions the maths would seem to indicate that a constant draw of at least 2.5 amps should have been required to raise the temperature of that water up to boiling in that time period.
                    Still I could well be in error or my meters incorrect I'll await some supporting evidence or duplication.
                    and go and scribble a bit more....
                    Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• What is the can parameters you are looking for 60Hz current there in USA ? Exactly what length you need ?

I have also a bit of problems to understand how you would like to step it up from 110 to 220V.After using transformer how to find which is hot connection and which is neutral ?
                      I have checked my 12/230V inverter and seems that both outputs can light neon :-( No neutral ?

Comment

• Hot Connect; Neutral Connection; Can Length USA

Hi Boguslaw,

Connections:
                        The hot is the can and the neutral is the ring.
                        Can Length USA:
                        The can length needs to be 200mm in length and the diameter should be as close to 65mm as possible.

Best Regards,
                        Slovenia

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                        What is the can parameters you are looking for 60Hz current there in USA ? Exactly what length you need ?

I have also a bit of problems to understand how you would like to step it up from 110 to 220V.After using transformer how to find which is hot connection and which is neutral ?
                        I have checked my 12/230V inverter and seems that both outputs can light neon :-( No neutral ?

Comment

• red bull 20 oz

All,
                          I just got back from town with a 20 oz red bull can. Measurements as follows....
                          Diamater....2.598" __ 65.98mm
                          Length........7.663" __ 194.64mm

So, its a little to fat and a little to short.
                          Dia. Measurement was taken at middle of can. Very top and bottom are 7 thousandths bigger.

Length was measured with can laying on side from top to bottom.
                          ....can is full ,unopened.
                          We will lose .230 when we cut the bevel off like Slovenia said to. That puts us at 7.230" as a length for the can IF we cut it just right. That's my starting point, ill let ya know!
                          Cheers, Jason

Comment

• 60 hz length

My 20 oz. Red bull can is now 7 1/8" long measured from the bottom, and nail is vibrating off of can at 12 inches playing 60 Hz. Test tone off of internet. The nail isn't super bouncey like it was last night with the other can, but I think I'm getting there! The nail don't bounce when I try to play the natural hum of the stereo to it. Chet, you may be right about the manufactured tones not being the same as your mains tones.
                            Jason

Comment

• All,
                              I think the can is down to a hair under 7 1/8" now, just measured with a regular tape, instead of calipers. That translates to about 181mm. length from bottom of can. I will try to video it in the morning to get ya alls opinion if its tuned or not. I kinda feel like it could be better. When i started out with this can, i left the bevel on it just to try, and could not find a freq. to make the nail move. So i cut bevel off and started sanding can, 7 3/16" @ 100hz. made nail move. so it dont take much to change the can.
                              Jason

Comment

• Thanks!!

Jason,

Thanks for all your efforts and for sharing with us. I'm busy working on a dumb car.

Best Regards,
                                Slovenia

Originally posted by cornfused View Post
                                All,
                                I think the can is down to a hair under 7 1/8" now, just measured with a regular tape, instead of calipers. That translates to about 181mm. length from bottom of can. I will try to video it in the morning to get ya alls opinion if its tuned or not. I kinda feel like it could be better. When i started out with this can, i left the bevel on it just to try, and could not find a freq. to make the nail move. So i cut bevel off and started sanding can, 7 3/16" @ 100hz. made nail move. so it dont take much to change the can.
                                Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X