Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slovenia Update

Slovenia Update

I messed up my ring. Somehow I got it over sized by quite a bit. I tried to cut it down and save it but is was a bust, so I have to make a new ring tomorrow. I guess I got in to big a hurry. I wanted to get my IKEA in the water before Chet.

Comment

• Ramset, quick thought, cut a piece of round wood with the diameter of the IKEA + recommended space ....and voila you got you ring mold

use this to make your circle

Last edited by MonsieurM; 11-14-2011, 12:38 AM.
      Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Tsk Tsk ...........

Meter

0.10 watts 10 minutes raised4.5 C

Last edited by RAMSET; 11-14-2011, 12:44 AM.
        If you want to Change the world
        BE that change !!

Comment

• Good Job!!

Hi Chet,

Good job!! You got yours in the water first. I messed up my ring. Got it over sized. Got in a hurry and didn't read my caliper right so my figures were off. What were the specs on your ring, (i.e.: thickness, height, & gap)? Thanks!!

Best Regards,
          Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
          Meter

Comment

• 5 gal water

Resistance heater
            10 Min Raised 4 C .07 Kilo Watts

ikea boiler [unsanded 1.5MM gap 4MM height ....... Hack job but I had to do it]

10 Min Raised 4.5 C .10 Kilo Watts

Know I'm taking it apart to sand it [I knew I forgot something]

So S ,am I disqualified ? Are you still in the Pitts??

Bust a Move Bro ................

Chet
            Last edited by RAMSET; 11-14-2011, 12:51 AM.
            BE that change !!

Comment

• You Are Good

You are good, no disqualification. I better get my act together. Competition is fun. Maybe it will get some of the other guys going.

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
              5 gal water

Resistance heater
              10 Min Raised 4 C .07 Kilo Watts

ikea boiler [unsanded 1.5MM gap 4MM height ....... Hack job but I had to do it]

10 Min Raised 4.5 C .10 Kilo Watts

Know I'm taking it apart to sand it [I knew I forgot something]

So S ,am I disqualified ? Are you still in the Pitts??

Bust a Move Bro ................

Chet

Comment

• Dumb mistakes..........

Yeah I am having fun !! Especially since this test method seems to be a good one .
                I just couldn't get into it otherwise .
                Now we have a baseline and a goal !!

SWEET
                I know I need the big gap and the 220 , so I'm staying another day tomorrow [well, I called my wife and she can't pick me up at the ferry till tuesday [doc appt]]

Gonna Hone the inside and sand the outside and find a transformer .
                Later
                Chet
                BE that change !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                  You are good, no disqualification. I better get my act together. Competition is fun. Maybe it will get some of the other guys going.
                  Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”
                  Terence McKenna

Thank you Mr.C and Mr. IKEA

RAMSET and SLOVENIA of course
                  Last edited by MonsieurM; 11-14-2011, 01:29 AM.
                  Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Thanks!!

Thanks Gordon!! You always have encouraging words.

Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
                    Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”
                    Terence McKenna

Thank you Mr.C and Mr. IKEA

RAMSET and SLOVENIA of course

Comment

• 1,5 MM gap Not specified 5MM gap

Crappy ring Wrong gap and it still made corrosion

Oddly you can also see corrosion on the last 3MM of the tube close to the cut!

the whole thing needs neatening up and sanding

Last edited by RAMSET; 11-14-2011, 02:13 AM.
                      BE that change !!

Comment

• We love yah Man

Gordon
                        I like this one too

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.”

"Goethe"

Thanks Buddy
                        Chet
                        BE that change !!

Comment

• A stupid question

When I run my tests i don't care what the start temp is!
                          Its the start, I finish that test and then I start the next,, same water but now its hotter than the first test start!

This should make no difference ?

I just measure the time the temp rise and watts consumed!

If one test starts at 10C and finishes at 15C I start the next one at 15C
                          And so on !

No problems right ??
                          Opinions?
                          Comments?

Thanks
                          Chet
                          Last edited by RAMSET; 11-14-2011, 03:40 AM.
                          BE that change !!

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                            When I run my tests i don't care what the start temp is!
                            Its the start, I finish that test and then I start the next,, same water but now its hotter than the first test start!

This should make no difference ?

I just measure the time the temp rise and watts consumed!

If one test starts at 10C and finishes at 15C I start the next one at 15C
                            And so on !

No problems right ??
                            Opinions?
                            Comments?

Thanks
                            Chet
                            Chet, I dont see a problem to a point see below.. but I would use a smaller quantity of water so the differences between both heating methods would be greater. Point being the hotter the water gets the more heat loss due to evaporation. 90% heat loss in a swimming pool is due to evaporation. 5% by conduction( through the sides of the pool) and 5% loss due to convection currents. Here is a way to test microwave power output in watts. You may be able to modify the formula to test the efficiency of your heaters ?

forgot link:How To Check the Output Power (wattage) of a Microwave Oven
                            Last edited by TEKTRON; 11-14-2011, 04:47 AM. Reason: forgot link

Comment

• Message from Mr. "C"

Mr. "C" saw the IKEA boiler and wanted me to pass on some information to you about it.

Message from Mr. "C"

First Message:
                              I saw the images of IKEA bottles, is not well made, sonic boiler corrosion if not well made.

The gap between the electrodes must be 1.725 mm at 60 Hz 110 Volts, at 220 V is 2.52mm At 300 Hz has to resonate, A little water should be above sonic boiler.

Second Message:
                              COP account for the bottle Ikea
                              COP = (((18972.059 x 4.5 x 4.186) / 600) / 60/60)) / 0.1 = 1.6545 average
                              at 100 degrees Celsius would be COP = 3.309
                              IKEA has received more energy than is invested 3.3 times at 100 degrees Celsius 110 V60 Hz
                              At 220 V to COP was twice as high
                              Super result for the start of a correct one error with a ring to resonate at 300 Hz

Comment

• A baseline

Its good to have a baseline here [albeit poor] When I fire Up the professors device he will be going against the same Baseline!

S
                                I have a hard time understanding The professor, but it seems my control test
                                of the immersion resistance heater has shown what the professor is stating?

@TEKTRON
                                Thanks for the response ,Always appreciated !

I felt the same as you ,however if these devices work as advertised
                                I should be able to use a swimming Pool

I am attempting to keep it simple for the sake of competition .[more folks testing and trying ]

A line in the sand ...........
                                If next time I test {Today} with a proper Gap and properly prepared "Rig" and I double my performance ??

There will be Competition here.

Then we will really have some fun

Thanks
                                Chet
                                Last edited by RAMSET; 11-14-2011, 01:10 PM.
                                BE that change !!

Comment

Working...
                                X