No announcement yet.

Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On another thread, I extended an offer of a New Renaissance Prize last December. The reception was enthusiastic and now I have extended the prize this past week.

Things are moving! Four of the Silver Eagle awards have already been awarded, and one Thousand-Euro prize has been given out also. (You may guess who this is... he is a principal on this thread.) Please see this thread for details:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...menters-3.html (post #78 especially)

DaemonBart and others -- I hope you will consider this offering as a way to reward inventors such as yourself and at the same time, for your research to be a blessing to humanity. Something we all want!

Comment

• What is the way to slowdown galvanic corrosion between aluminium, stainless steel and brass ? Beer can is aluminium, ring/cap (neutral electrode) is SS and most common pipe system is copper + brass.
      I thought about zinc from batteries. Anybody experienced ?

Comment

• I believe Zinc will loose its sacrificial property when it is heated, not sure at which temperature, so you should look into that.

Here a 101:

Cathodic Protection 101

Comment

• Regarding the Ring or Cap that goes around the can ?

Hi All

regarding just the ring going around the aluminium can.

I was just wondering regarding the ring that goes around the can
          at 300hz or 400hz ,

by cutting and making the can ring to exact measurments is this making it
          vibrate at 300hz or 400hz,

once whe have made the ring for the can, do we not test the ring itself to see if vibrates at 300hz or 400hz.

in other words if ring is cut to exact measurments , it will vibrate at 300hz or 400hz according to the model being made, us or europe.

thankyou

Jimmyx1000

Comment

• Best method to work out frequency of my Electricty hz (50hz)

Hi All

What is the best method to find out at what hz my electricity is running at.

we have 50hz here in U.K

how would we build the circuit to test the exact frequecny hz,
            example it could be 49hz it could be 50hz it could be 51hz

somebody mentioned using a diode and speaker , can somebody give the
            exact circuit and exact diode for this.

thankyou

Jimmyx1000

Comment

• Hi Jimmy,

My suggestion would be to use a laptop running on a battery (to avoid mains freq interferrence) and using this free software:

DL4YHF's Audio Spectrum Analyser

One of its features is:
              Frequency resolution in the sub-milliHertz range (exceeding the stability of the soundcard's clock generator).

you can zoom in the range that you want to look at, say for example from 20 hz to 100 hz to correctly nail down what your specific frequency is.

Then place your laptop or microphone next to something running on your mains power (preferrably something with a bigger transformer or motor etc.).

Just listening to transformer hum through vibrations in the table, I can tell the frequency of my off grid inverter is at 61.05 hz.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyx1000 View Post
                Hi All

What is the best method to find out at what hz my electricity is running at.

we have 50hz here in U.K

how would we build the circuit to test the exact frequecny hz,
                example it could be 49hz it could be 50hz it could be 51hz

somebody mentioned using a diode and speaker , can somebody give the
                exact circuit and exact diode for this.

thankyou

Jimmyx1000
                It is not a diode; it is a fat resistor, high wattage, value depending
                on the loudspeaker being used. It is connected in series with the speaker
                and then across the mains.

Then, you will hear the frequency (or an octave thereof - NOT a harmonic)
                and should tune directly to it.

The basic note, 50hz (or 60hz in the States and other countries) is
                PHENOMENALLY low. Cheap speakers will get you octaves. You should
                try for the real thing if possible.

To see how staggeringly low it is, if you have Windows 98, ME, XP
                or Vista, try this free software:
                Electronic Piano - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

To the output of the sound card, you need a good speaker or preferably quality earplugs.

There are two Octave sliders; both MUST be set "Octave 1".

The UK note will be around G, "w" on the keyboard which will be difficult to hear because it is so low. The "o" (between "i" and "p", and not zero) is a full octave higher.

In the US, it will be 60hz, between B flat and B , between "4" and "r". The note between "_" and "[" is fully an octave too high.

These notes are seriously low. See for yourselves.

Paul-R
                Last edited by wrtner; 01-17-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• special transformer build ?

Fellows
                  Most of these tuning issues will disappear if we can build the transformer
                  That Mr.D referred to?

That being a variable transformer that makes 1-2 KW within our cycle window !
                  This can be done cheaply as Daemonbart said using recycled heat pump boards and parts ...if we work together open source !

This is the course we must take!!

I look Forward to that thread!!

Chet
                  Last edited by RAMSET; 01-17-2012, 11:05 PM.
                  If you want to Change the world
                  BE that change !!

Comment

• Attached is from the SAWS memo from the US Patent Office, regarding applications for patents that are "no-fly", not allowed. Note that "free energy" devices are specifically NOT to be patented.

Another reason to not apply for a US Patent! IMO.

The entire document from which this page was copied (so you can see the context!) is here:
                    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...NZ1LsTWaPB7GKA

Hope that link works...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by PhysicsProf; 01-18-2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Hi wrtner

can somebody tell me the following please:

i want to connect my main 240 volts, 50hz to a speaker so i can find out the exact frequency it is running at , i.e 49hz, 50hz, 51hz etc etc

i plan to use a resistor and speaker.

please can somebody tell me what resistor i would use for the following
                      speakers.

25 watt
                      50 watt
                      100 watt
                      200 watt

thankyou

Jimmyx1000

Comment

• Regarding the Ring around the can

Hi all

will somebody confirm regarding the ring that goes around the can

are we not able to measure the hz frequency of the ring , either 300hz or 400hz
                        with a sound program , does the ring actually vibrate at 300hz or 400hz

thankyou

Jimmyx1000

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyx1000 View Post
                          please can somebody tell me what resistor i would use for the following
                          speakers.

25 watt
                          50 watt
                          100 watt
                          200 watt

thankyou

Jimmyx1000
                          You have quoted the power of the speakers. what matters is
                          the resistance of them. Usually they are 8 ohm or 16 ohm.

The resistor should be of relatively high wattage. Probably the
                          biggest they have. 20 watt should be fine.

Comment

• Audio amp question?? Will this work?

pecifications:
                            Part Number: TE1501D
                            THD+N (Distortion) (1 Watt): < 0.5%
                            Signal-to-noise Ratio (1 Watt): 69dB
                            4Ω RMS Power Output: 500W x 1 Channel
                            Topology: Class D
                            Equalization: Quasi Parametric: Boost/Cut +/-12dB, Freq. 30Hz-80Hz
                            1Ω RMS Power Output: 1500W x 1 Channel
                            Recommended StreetWires Amp Kit: ZN5K-00
                            2Ω RMS Power Output: 1000W x 1 Channel
                            Frequency Response (-3dB): 20Hz-200Hz
                            Maximum Input Signal: 10V
                            Maximum Sensitivity: 100mV
                            Mono Gain Control: 100mV-10V
                            Crossover: Low @ 40Hz to 200Hz, 24dB/Oct
                            Subsonic: 30Hz,12dB/Oct, Defeat
                            Height: 9 5/8" (24.45 cm)
                            Width: 20 11/16" (52.55 cm)
                            Depth: 2 1/2" (6.35 cm)
                            If you want to Change the world
                            BE that change !!

Comment

• Originally posted by wrtner View Post
                              You have quoted the power of the speakers. what matters is
                              the resistance of them. Usually they are 8 ohm or 16 ohm.

The resistor should be of relatively high wattage. Probably the
                              biggest they have. 20 watt should be fine.
                              Actually, the value of the resistor will be huge in comparison to
                              the speaker.

2.4Kohm should give 0.1 amp and 25 watt. The resistor may run hot.
                              5kohm might a better. Experimentation is called for but be VERY
                              careful. Start with higher values and stand well back and be able
                              to switch off quickly. (A dead man's handle type switch would be
                              a good idea initially).

It is a matter of not having a resistor running too hot and enough
                              sound to compare with the sound of the apparatus to tune the
                              apparatus to the speaker.

Comment

• Again, I want to thank Prof. Savic for providing a sonic device for testing purposes. I have arranged for a researcher in France to do the initial testing of his device (and paid the fees for delivery).

I'm excited, looking forward to the day when we will see the results! Although there I must be patient, as these tests will take a little time.

Thank you, Professor Savic. You are an honest man.

Comment

Working...
                                X