Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geothermal combine with Fusion power (new idea?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geothermal combine with Fusion power (new idea?)

If you detonate a fusion device underground. (pure fusion device without the fission part)
    The heat (energy) released will heat up the surrounding rock a bit.
    After a while you detonate a 2nd device and it will heat-up the rock future.
    If you repeat the process...until a large area of underground rock stable at (say) 300-500 degree Celcius.

And than you can use the underground rock's heat to produce steam to run turbine and generate electricity just like a geothermal power plant.

Normal Geothermal power plant require the drilling of a very deep well (up to 3KM)
    perhaps the fusion-geothermal method does not need to drill a very deep well?

Wondering will this method work? or is this just a science fiction?
    What if it work? That mean you will have the unlimited clean energy of the hydrogen fusion.

Fusion power -> Fusion power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Geothermal energy -> Geothermal energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't see how an underground nuclear explosion could cause the surrounding rock to maintain a temperature of 300+ C for an extended period of time. I believe that the rocks would become hot for a brief period of time but that would probably be for a few hours.

I suggest you look at the post I created a few months ago on Focus Fusion, it's a very cheap method of achieving nuclear fusion that may be available within ten years:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post135369

Comment

Working...
    X