Finding and Restoring an 1898 Tesla Coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding and Restoring an 1898 Tesla Coil

Here is a 19 minute video showing the finding and restoration of an 1898 Tesla Coil.
    It is worth a view I think, despite the crudeness of a homemade video (that I hope you will excuse).
    It shows the original house that Kinraide lived, hidden rooms, artifacts, an original Kinraide Coil, and
    what it took to actually restore it to working order. And some sparks too! For me, it was a close to
    more than 15 years of insanity on my part - a senseless quest to find info on a man I took interest in
    for no apparent reason. It seems to me, some hundreds of Pancake coils later, and finally one of his original
    machines: it wasn't time wasted.

The Quest For Kinraide - YouTube

Further photos:

The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum Tesla Library

The video will be played at Jane's conference in NY next week, and I will be via Skype answering questions.
    Hope all of my Tesla friends are doing well.

thanks for sharing...will you be sharing schematics

the knowledge gained from you restoring Tesla Coil is invaluable to other experiments too
    Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Awesome, as Usual!

Originally posted by jeff_behary View Post

Here is a 19 minute video showing the finding and restoration of an 1898 Tesla Coil.
      It is worth a view I think, despite the crudeness of a homemade video (that I hope you will excuse).
      It shows the original house that Kinraide lived, hidden rooms, artifacts, an original Kinraide Coil, and
      what it took to actually restore it to working order. And some sparks too! For me, it was a close to
      more than 15 years of insanity on my part - a senseless quest to find info on a man I took interest in
      for no apparent reason. It seems to me, some hundreds of Pancake coils later, and finally one of his original

Further photos:

The video will be played at Jane's conference in NY next week, and I will be via Skype answering questions.
      Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to post this film to the forum. Your work is absolutely in a class by itself. Your attention to accuracy and detail is impeccable. In a field filled with dabblers and hobbyists, you are the pinnacle of professionalism and a shining example of how science and historic restoration should be done. You set the standard for all of us. Absolutely brilliant.

Thank you.

Peter
      Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
      Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
      Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

Wow, all that work paid off with a beautiful apparatus. Well done Jeff! Those glass plates with the discharges impregnated in them are also beautiful, it looks like the electricity is alive!

Raui
        Scribd account; http://www.scribd.com/raui

Comment

Originally posted by jeff_behary View Post

Further photos:

Jeff that was nothing short of totally awesome!

Great video and I highly recommend that everyone watch it!

I am curious, how long did it take you to rewind those 1000 turn coils?

Thanks a zillion for sharing!

Comment

Tedious

The coils normally take 4 hours to wind and cast.
            It is tedious and uses hot wax in the process - so its
            dangerous too. The layers have additional fractional turns
            to prevent the coil from becoming oblong (this happens if you start and stop in the same place each time). In the 30s a highly efficient throw back to the Kinraide coil was made by HG Fischer. Each secondary contained 3800 turns of wire!

Comment

Working...
            X