Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TES Thermal Extraction System

TES | Facebook

Based on Dennis Lee's device which he used to remove heat from the environment to power a generator and a water pump. See video.

Dennis Lee Heat Pump.flv - YouTube

Regards,

Vidbid
    Regards,

VIDBID

Pratt & Whitney Pure Cycle

Pratt & Whitney Pure Cycle - YouTube

The Pratt & Whitney Power Systems PureCycle power system is a closed-cycle process that uses any hot water resource to generate 280 kW (gross) of electrical power. The system is driven by a simple evaporation process and is entirely enclosed, which means it produces no emissions.
    Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Thanks for the post!

Comment

Don't get me wrong, but the only problem I see with a system like this is the cost.

The use of freon to absorb ambient heat - compared to the freon temp is the bit I really like.

. . .
        Regular service Signature:
        Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

Cost

Originally posted by Savvypro View Post
          Don't get me wrong, but the only problem I see with a system like this is the cost.
          Without a doubt, cost would be a consideration in the manufacture and design of such a system. However, consider that the maintenance cost would be extremely negligible, and the fuel cost would be essentially nonexistent.
          Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Cost

Mitsubishi Ecodan Air Source Heat Pump - YouTube

Air source heat pumps take heat from the outside air, extract it and use it to heat buildings. They can take heat out of the air even at 15 degrees below 0C. Air Source heat pumps are an extremely efficient way of providing heat - for every unit of energy they use, they produce 3-4 units of heat.

Regards,

Vidbid
            Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

The TES Is Not A Free Energy Device

The TES simply extracts thermal energy from one location and transfers it to another location. In the process, the TES takes some of that thermal energy that it extracts and converts it into a form of energy that the TES can use in order to continue the process of extracting thermal energy from one location and transferring it to another location.
              Last edited by vidbid; 01-22-2012, 02:38 AM. Reason: Addition
              Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Originally posted by vidbid View Post
                The TES simply extracts thermal energy from one location and transfers it to another location. In the process, the TES takes some of that thermal energy that it extracts and converts it into a form of energy that the TES can use in order to continue the process of extracting thermal energy from one location and transferring it to another location.
                Hi, I've been looking into this matter and a simplest and most beautiful way is taken by Matteran Energy.Pure organic rankine cycle with no moving parts.Please look their web site
                Matteran Energy produces electricity from low temperature, renewable thermal sources.
                I am an engineer and as part of my job is maintenace of refrigeration and air cond systems.I have in my mind some ideas to make this system even more efficient, simple and automated by low cost components.

Regards,
                pix

Comment

Femradd

Another inventor with a heat to electricity technology:
                  Eric Ghasnavi Heat-Solution FeMRaDD.
                  femradd-english-page01

Comment

What about an alternative(s) to the Freon gas. Seeing as there issues with it's use.

A quick search reliles: R-404A (Chemical name: Penthafluorethane/1,1,1,Trifluorethane/1,1,1,2,Tetrafluorethane)

Boiling point (Bubble point) (°C) at 101.3 kPa = -46.2

. . .
                    Regular service Signature:
                    Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

TES with Environmentally-Friendly Refrigerants

Thanks for all the posts.

In the video Dennis Lee Heat Pump.flv - YouTube, DL stated using a refrigerant that boils at forty below zero. His video looks pretty old, so he could have been using R12.

See Refrigeration 101 - Refridgerants

That site list several environmentally-friendly refrigerants.

R744 (Carbon Dioxide) could probably be used. Carbon dioxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See Refrigerant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,

Vidbid
                      Last edited by vidbid; 02-14-2012, 06:59 PM.
                      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

@Vidbid
                        Nice thread! Great work bro!

Earlier someone commented on the cost of these symbiotic systems. I can see the build cost and also the R&D costs. This appears significant to home scale but perhaps not on larger scale and with volume sales.

We must consider the opportunity cost of solar PV as capping the threshold for budget constraints, especially when considering the smaller home scale and a single build effort.

I am wondering about the costs of a home scale symbiotic system (heat pump/ rankine style), both build cost, and R&D costs?

I'm not just pointing at problems, for naysayer's sake. I believe in proposing solutions along with pointing out problems. In fact, I believe not only in harnessing thermal potential (heat pump COP's much greater than 1), but also in the rankine style turbine generator symbiotically to help deliver more out than in.

The intermediate tank batch process to re-seed liquid refrigerant to the evaporator tank is brilliant and represents my 'missing link'.

I have spent many hours in deep study of heat pump dynamics. I sit upon improved efficiency discovery. I can not take much credit: I looked, I asked, wisdom flowed, I received.

There is very little difference between this 'environmental exchange' system and a sealed 'self-exchange' system. I have no doubts that both work.

The problem for me is financial. A solution would be investment (which has its own issues), but requires some volume of sales, which draws attention.

So my quest is one of gaining info on projected costs. Perhaps our forum members could help us find or generate this info here for discussion.

Russell Philips

Comment

Peter Lindemann - Open System Thermodynamics

Peter Lindemann - Open System Thermodynamics - August 13, 2013 - YouTube

Awesome video by Lindemann.

Regards,

Berg
                          Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Thanks Vidbid,
                            For posting the link to this most interesting interview. I also would like to thank Aaron & Peter for putting this together.

I did however have an error occurred @ 57:02/1:01:00 and wonder if I missed anything in their closing statements?

Regards, Gene

PS I find your tes quite interesting. I wonder if you or someone here with more knowledge in these systems might consider building a small scale model, this could dramatically reduce the costs. If you think this is doable, I may be able to help with a small donation.

Comment

Working...
                            X