No announcement yet.

Building a Variant of the RotoVerter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Variant of the RotoVerter...

Last edited by stargate22; 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM.

I have spent a little time reading up on the rotoverter and it seems as if it is a very efficient way of running an induction motor. Now let me say I don't know much about induction motors.

If this is the case how do we take it into overunity?

This is just some ideas and might not work at all, so take this with the required amount of salt.

If we power it with a square wave and the duty cycle is as follows 25%+ 25%zero 25%- and 25% zero at the resonant frequency the 25% zero portions will be filled with reactive power and this is how we get the efficiency. It does not matter to the motor that the current is reactive or where that current flows as long as it flows. What we should do with that reactive power is feed it to a capacitor across the source batteries thus recycling it.

This will reduce the input from the batteries by the amount of reactive power recovered while the motor still runs at full power.

The problem is, I believe, the speed of an induction motor is set by the frequency of the input. If we are pulsing to take advantage of the coil frequency this will require a very high motor speed, too high to achieve.

If we pulse the motor at a much higher frequency than the coil in a way that is approximating the sign wave of 60 Hz (see the first graph here Pulse-width modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and imagine the red line is the current ) we could still find a way to collect this reactive power. but if we allow the current to be maintained as in the graph we loose the gain. The secret is to let the current fall to zero between pulses.

The problem here is that the resistance of the coils in modern motors is too high and we don't have enough current to run the motor because of ohms law.

Hope I have explained this well enough for you to understand.

Comment

Building a Variant of the RotoVerter...cont.

Last edited by stargate22; 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate22 View Post
        "The problem is, I believe, the speed of an induction motor is set by the frequency of the input. If we are pulsing to take advantage of the coil frequency this will require a very high motor speed, too high to achieve"

"If we pulse the motor at a much higher frequency than the coil in a way that is approximating the sign wave of 60 Hz (see the first graph here Pulse-width modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and imagine the red line is the current ) we could still find a way to collect this reactive power."

================================================== ======================================
        TRUE!....But if we "Cheat" and add a little PWM item to to icrease the existing speed of 3520 rpm @ 58.7 hz / 1.8hp to 3540 - 3560rpm @ 61(+) hz which will give an icrease in Torq to overcome @ 2 (+) hp should get this"puppy" above that "OU" THRESHOLD at no addition power consumed by the motor to alternator.

I say this from past experiance with a Baldor motor inverter I used with just a 12v inverter sucking 28 amps from 12v Batts @ 3 amp motor draw. I was getting efficiency from the baldor inverter with an input to motor @115v / 62hz at the least wiith no extra draw from 12v inverter to motor inverter to motor...( frequency increased to the motor in hz ) the alternator voltage output to caps increased easly much higher as did the torq = hp, but not enough as I could only loop 14 + amps back to 12v inverter @ 28amps.

If I remember correctly, I could increase input frequency to the motor up to 3-4 additional Hz, before I saw an increase in motor inverter amp draw. Australians did it on video w/ hz increase with no extra draw to prove it also.....still it's all about frequency.

Perhaps the below link would explain better... go to minute marker 4:40 min. to get to the chase..

Panacea RotoVerter Production (1 of 6) - YouTube

I must add that the motor inverter I used had an amp output limit of 4.2 amps @110 - 120v / adjustable voltage output, with a 5 amp overcurent limit @ 60 sec./ 7 amp max, before tripping. No problem, just reset and go again.

I had a 3520 rpm 7.5hp GE motor up to 6000rpm with a input of the motor inverter theashold of 4 amp output before coming close to triping.

================================================== ======================================

NOW go to a 48v dc/ac inverter @220v output and add the motor inverter with 220v / 3 amps out...I sincerely think a person may have something??

http://factorymation.info/acdrives/FM50Specs.pdf

Okay, so what happened to that experiment with inverter? I got so excited with the results and panicked with glee that
        in my hast to shut down properly I BLEW the inverter with the all that energy reversing back....the rest of the story $$$$ as always?

DISCLAIMER: Don't believe anything posted here...I'm just planting a continuing seed in the minds of "Hu-man" GODS in a continuing struggle...

PS - I put the salt on my burger w/onions..Mmmmm

Thanx! for the input!
        I remain unconvinced with the rotoverter circuit as is, we need a current increase to get more power out of a motor as voltage only produces heat. where do we get an increase in current? the only other way is to maintain the current in the motor while reducing the input, recycling the current. As I said the rotoverter would be a good candidate for an overunity motor as it is very efficient, working to feed back the PWM inductive kickback to the source would do this in the way I described above. If you already have the circuit and pulse width modulator, ill tell you where to put the recovery.

Comment

Working...
        X