put all this together but the next few days are buzy. I also dont have any
    18 awg right now.
    Mark P

Comment

• Originally posted by Rl2003 View Post
      ufopolitics,
      I was at my favorite supply house yesterday to see if they had any
      NTE 2397's but they did not. I will order some, but I have several other
      different ones I could try in the mean time. I will have time next week to
      put all this together but the next few days are buzy. I also dont have any
      18 awg right now.
      Mark P
      I hope that there is a replacement for NTE2397 mosfets, because I can't find any in my country (not available, even nobody knows what is the replacement). If somebody knows, let me know the correct mosfets replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
        I hope that there is a replacement for NTE2397 mosfets, because I can't find any in my country (not available, even nobody knows what is the replacement). If somebody knows, let me know the correct mosfets replacement.
        NTE2397 looks to be a replacement for IRF740. I didn't check the specs but it may be an alternative if you can't find an NTE2397.

Comment

• Mouser.com still have some. 400V 10 A rated
          May wanna look at the Datasheet also NTE2397 Datasheet pdf - MOSFET N-Ch, Enhancement Mode High Speed Switch - NTE Electronics

Repitive Avalange rated.

Ufopolitics,
          Few Questions for you.
          The main Circuit as shown in the last Diagram is mainly for the 555 Timer.
          You use 6 Transistors in parallel.
          1st For what Reason is the Gate connected to the Ground with a 47k Resistor.
          2nd Do you think the 555 Timer Circuit is needed as it is, or would it may work too, when you power the 555 Timer with a external Source, like a 9V Batterie, and drive he Transistors only with that.
          Your Guess, Will a different 555 Timer Circuit work, where i can adjust Freq and Duty Cycle different, and what not is not directly connected to the Coil and the Transistors, only over the negative Path
          Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• Sorry for dumb question , but how and where is coil connected ? Could someone draw block schematic with 555 simplified as box so the overall connection and arrangement would be better visible ? I also spotted connection to ground via resistor.

Comment

Sorry for dumb question , but how and where is coil connected ? Could someone draw block schematic with 555 simplified as box so the overall connection and arrangement would be better visible ? I also spotted connection to ground via resistor.
              Between the Drain and positive of input battery, before the diodes.

V
              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Joit View Post
                Mouser.com still have some. 400V 10 A rated
                May wanna look at the Datasheet also NTE2397 Datasheet pdf - MOSFET N-Ch, Enhancement Mode High Speed Switch - NTE Electronics

Repitive Avalange rated.

Ufopolitics,
                Few Questions for you.
                The main Circuit as shown in the last Diagram is mainly for the 555 Timer.
                You use 6 Transistors in parallel.
                1st For what Reason is the Gate connected to the Ground with a 47k Resistor.
                2nd Do you think the 555 Timer Circuit is needed as it is, or would it may work too, when you power the 555 Timer with a external Source, like a 9V Batterie, and drive he Transistors only with that.
                Your Guess, Will a different 555 Timer Circuit work, where i can adjust Freq and Duty Cycle different, and what not is not directly connected to the Coil and the Transistors, only over the negative Path

Hello Joit,

First thanks for giving Boguslaw and Rl2003 the spec's of 2397...I did not have the time to complete the Instructions yet, but I was meant to give you the datasheet of that transistor, that way ANYONE with same ratings (if higher better) as is Max Volt Drain-Source, RdsOn low (0.5 or lower) and capable to handle Continuous Pulsing, NOT LINEAR, of the ratings of 2397. And that is all.

Ok, back to you Joit,

I used six Mosfets, because I also use that circuit as a controller for Motors, NOW, You guys, really, in order to drive just one Coil, do NOT need that set-up, maybe 3-4 is just fine...
                And actually that circuit IS NOT MY original concept, I got it from Gary at CHEMELEC (A great guy in case you need to order parts or already made boards, he is got very interesting projects, etc)

Here is the link to this particular project where He explains in detail..

A Pulse Width Modulation Control

And here the schematics:

Now the 47K from Neg to Gate, is to bias the N-Channel Gate...(You know how they work right?)

Joit: On question #2, No, I do not think a 9V would drive the circuit PLUS create the required magnetic field, now to run JUST the 555 is fine, But to drive the Coil with the Drain-Source to Coil , my answer is a definitively "would Not work...

And Yes, You could use A different circuit, However, I do not recommend to go and buy ANY ready to turn on Controllers or Oscillators...because simply...do not work....the existing PWM Motor Controllers are designed to Rush In and start at 900Hz to 1000Hz...NOT GOOD!

Ok the main specifications on Wave is to be ASTABLE ...
                The second and to me the Main ONE, Is that it starts from ZERO, ONE, TWO...SO ON HERTZ PULSES..The lower it starts the BETTER IT WILL WORK. This Energy has to be Invoked by Slow Magnetic field Increases on Our Side...Until WE TUNE IN...then RE starts to Rush IN...You will feel it...at Max consume of your batteries or source of 1.5 to 2.o Volts...to turn a 65W CFL...
                Any OSCILLATOR, that "Rushes" Signals to 500 Hertz with just one move at Pot...it will work great for you BUT, NOT FOR THIS!!

If you follow my advices, It for sure will work...!!

Thanks

Cheers
                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi folks, Hi ufo, thanks for replying to my post.
                  I used two st13007 npn high speed transistors, they do not state (rds-on).
                  And yes, i kept the same coil configuration for both comparisons, 2 strands per transistor, though you are using 18 awg, i am using 2 strands of 24 awg. and the same diode setup as you have, though different diodes, not sure what they are.
                  I have to see if i have enough 18 awg left, will have to rummage around.
                  I do have 2 n-channel mosfets with a .014 ohm RDS(on).
                  And for the 555 timer, i am using the extended duty cycle astable as you are using.
                  Will try to get as close to your setup as i can with these 2 mosfets, i have limited resources and materials, though not a lack of intention to help humanity in some way.
                  You know the old story here on earth, your name sure sounds like you might.
                  peace love light
                  tyson

Comment

• Hello Ufopolitics, well i know in common how a Mosfet works, its may like a Capacitor, where the Gate field influence the Drain Source Resistance.
                    Wiki has a new shiny Picture for that on it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOSFET

But that you kinda pre saturate the the Gate is something i usual dont use at my Circuits. I build them more crude. But its common too, that a Mosfet usual should work better at 12V Gate Voltage. But seriously, for my things i did not see a big different by me. They worked also at 7 -10V nice.

I did drive once also a Coil with a NpN Transistor and a 555 Timer, to light up a Cfl, i used there about 8V too, my consumption was a bit more Watts as the Lamp was labeled. It dont need very much usual, to light up such a Lamp, the Frequency is more importend on them. 36 V is for me quite a lot. I just did not try it, to put it into Water.
                    Input Output measurements are there something what gives you the first Hints there, how far you are.
                    Well, all i may got now are few IRF840 and a big Coil, i will try to get something together, and see, what i can find.

My Question about driving the 555 Timer was of course to drive only the 555 Timer Circuit with 9V Block batteries or 12V. And the 555 Timer usual give the Voltage out at Pin3 with what you feet it, because Pin8 and Pin3 is a direct connection over a Transistor.
                    That way we may dont need it regulate down.
                    So, driving the 555 Timer with a 12 V Source, and only connected with the ground to the 2nd Circuit, and you can go with whatever you want on the Coils, like 12-50 V.
                    I was only a bit concerned about, because i know too, that on the negative Side flow the same Ammount as on the positive Side from a Circuit.

I will try to make this Simulation on Falstad.com, there is only no Movristor/Varistor, so the Simulation is may not complete.
                    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                      Hi folks, Hi ufo, thanks for replying to my post.
                      I used two st13007 npn high speed transistors, they do not state (rds-on).
                      And yes, i kept the same coil configuration for both comparisons, 2 strands per transistor, though you are using 18 awg, i am using 2 strands of 24 awg. and the same diode setup as you have, though different diodes, not sure what they are.
                      I have to see if i have enough 18 awg left, will have to rummage around.
                      I do have 2 n-channel mosfets with a .014 ohm RDS(on).
                      And for the 555 timer, i am using the extended duty cycle astable as you are using.
                      Will try to get as close to your setup as i can with these 2 mosfets, i have limited resources and materials, though not a lack of intention to help humanity in some way.
                      You know the old story here on earth, your name sure sounds like you might.
                      peace love light
                      tyson
                      Hello SkyWatcher!!

Wow, That's a really low Rds!! Hey am glad you got those !!

About the Coil...Yours will be better than mine, however, It could be EVEN BETTER, if you could wind it "BiFilar" like Tesla's Patent, that would create a stronger Electromagnetic Field...and much less resistance...Capisci?...So if you could do that, FORGET the 18 gauge.

Diode must be "Fast Switchers" and rated to pretty High Voltage...400V and Up.

Come on Guys...I wanna move to next step...there's a lot to do ahead of Us!!

Cheers and good luck!!

Ufopolitics
                      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hello Ufopolitics, well i know in common how a Mosfet works, its may like a Capacitor, where the Gate field influence the Drain Source Resistance.
                        Wiki has a new shiny Picture for that on it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOSFET

But that you kinda pre saturate the the Gate is something i usual dont use at my Circuits. I build them more crude. But its common too, that a Mosfet usual should work better at 12V Gate Voltage. But seriously, for my things i did not see a big different by me. They worked also at 7 -10V nice.

I did drive once also a Coil with a NpN Transistor and a 555 Timer, to light up a Cfl, i used there about 8V too, my consumption was a bit more Watts as the Lamp was labeled. It dont need very much usual, to light up such a Lamp, the Frequency is more importend on them. 36 V is for me quite a lot. I just did not try it, to put it into Water.
                        Input Output measurements are there something what gives you the first Hints there, how far you are.
                        Well, all i may got now are few IRF840 and a big Coil, i will try to get something together, and see, what i can find.

My Question about driving the 555 Timer was of course to drive only the 555 Timer Circuit with 9V Block batteries or 12V. And the 555 Timer usual give the Voltage out at Pin3 with what you feet it, because Pin8 and Pin3 is a direct connection over a Transistor.
                        That way we may dont need it regulate down.
                        So, driving the 555 Timer with a 12 V Source, and only connected with the ground to the 2nd Circuit, and you can go with whatever you want on the Coils, like 12-50 V.
                        I was only a bit concerned about, because i know too, that on the negative Side flow the same Ammount as on the positive Side from a Circuit.

I will try to make this Simulation on Falstad.com, there is only no Movristor/Varistor, so the Simulation is may not complete.

Hey Joit!!

No, sorry...so you get a better picture...A MOSFET works like and Old Relay...but electronically regulated by the gate High-Low signals from oscillator...
                        N-Channel's that are nothing more than "Glorified" N-P-N, with a Metal Oxide as the Semi-Conducting material and "Field Effected" ...makes way superior than typical NPN, PNP...
                        Gates should work at very low levels , below the Factory spec's which normally 20V...they 'trigger' at 2-4 V...
                        Now, the Bias (Resistor to Ground on N-Channels) is just because FET's do not return "perfectly" to "reset values" at radical zero ,after Oscillator signal drops so fast and straight...so the bias, makes sure it gets to zero. Capisci?...Otherwise you'll get a "not fully OFF Wave" .

OK, Yes, you could "ISOLATE" Low Volts Amps (Mili Amps) Signals System from Drain-Source Higher networking...However, the 555 or any Oscillator should be "REGULATED" at their "Tank Circuit" (legs 7,6,2 of Resistors "Involved"including POT of course!! and the Tantalum Cap 0.01 or 0.001 uF, you could play with different options)...If you do not regulate it (the Pulses Width) ...you will never tune in Radiant in your Coil...simple.

A great way to isolate Gate Low Signals from "Drive Train Heavy Network" is by using an Opto Isolator (Infrared Chip, where communication is established within, without "TOUCHING" but through infrared light transmitter-emitters built inside...

Don't sweat over Movistor, Gary put it there for Safety of Spikes...We will not have that problem here...WE ARE USING THE "SPIKES" to run the SHOW...

Good Night Guys!!

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Again I need clarification : what is self-ballasted flurescent bulb ? is that CFL bulb with electronic circuit inside or just a neon type with non-electronic starter + a transformer like those lamps in a form of long tubes.

Comment

Again I need clarification : what is self-ballasted flurescent bulb ? is that CFL bulb with electronic circuit inside or just a neon type with non-electronic starter + a transformer like those lamps in a form of long tubes.
                            @boguslaw - Compact Fluorescent Tubes with electronic ballast circuit - http://igreenplanetstore.com/images/200wbulb.jpg
                            http://lightingsale.com/store/i/is.a...&bw=300&bh=300
                            http://salestores.com/stores/images/...SP15R3027K.jpg

Vtech
                            'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Ok i made a Simulation at Falstad.com, mainly for an overview what the Timer is and where the Mosfets are connected, like a better Picture.
                              I left the LM317 out, because the Simulation didnt have it, also the Movistor Part, when its not to importend.
                              I also used a Transformer element instead only a Coil or an Inductor, otherwise th Simulation would fail.
                              I used 2 Sources, once 12 V for the Timer as the Regulator would do it, and 36V (right bottom) for the Coil/Transformer.

I hope i get it all right so far, the Wiper on the Pot is connected to Pin7.
                              Simulation

Caution!
                              Can cause much Lag and lot waiting Time!

Ufopolitics, yeah in generally all Transistors work like Relays, i used Capacitors, because it looks like they amplify, mirror the Gatefield in a kind of Interaction.

Not sure now if this Simulation is good, because any Simulation has Problems with Spikes and oscillations, i used for the Bulb a standard Bulb, so no real Results there to see.
                              The Scopeshots below show the Output from the Timer and the Diode at the Drain to the Bulb
                              (you see the Part by moving over the Scopewindow in the Simulation and the Part, what gets light blue in the Circuit).
                              If someone want to add any Values on it, rightclick on a part there and read the Menu.
                              Interesting Part in this Simulation is, that the Signal at the Coil is raising with each On Time, it looks there like it oscillate by its own on the Gate.

If someone cant start this Simulation, i will do it again in Circuitmaker, that you can get a different Picture, or make a Screenshot from this one.
                              Last edited by Joit; 02-12-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Ok i made a Simulation at Falstad.com, mainly for an overview what the Timer is and where the Mosfets are connected, like a better Picture.
                                I left the LM317 out, because the Simulation didnt have it, also the Movistor Part, when its not to importend.
                                I also used a Transformer element instead only a Coil or an Inductor, otherwise th Simulation would fail.
                                I used 2 Sources, once 12 V for the Timer as the Regulator would do it, and 36V (right bottom) for the Coil/Transformer.

I hope i get it all right so far, the Wiper on the Pot is connected to Pin7.
                                Simulation

Caution!
                                Can cause much Lag and lot waiting Time!

Ufopolitics, yeah in generally all Transistors work like Relays, i used Capacitors, because it looks like they amplify, mirror the Gatefield in a kind of Interaction.

Not sure now if this Simulation is good, because any Simulation has Problems with Spikes and oscillations, i used for the Bulb a standard Bulb, so no real Results there to see.
                                The Scopeshots below show the Output from the Timer and the Diode at the Drain to the Bulb
                                (you see the Part by moving over the Scopewindow in the Simulation and the Part, what gets light blue in the Circuit).
                                If someone want to add any Values on it, rightclick on a part there and read the Menu.
                                Interesting Part in this Simulation is, that the Signal at the Coil is raising with each On Time, it looks there like it oscillate by its own on the Gate.

If someone cant start this Simulation, i will do it again in Circuitmaker, that you can get a different Picture, or make a Screenshot from this one.

Hey Joit!!

I am sorry Joit, to tell you, but running through ANY Software is just a waste of time, really..

Otherwise We all could 'ask" some "Marvelous Software" where we all could find the Infinite Energy?...One that requires the minimum Input and produces Eternal and Endless Sources?
                                Even consulting electronics books...Science, anything you like to go for...Not gonna Find...

If You used a Transformer instead of a Coil...Software Developers had gone exactly by "Transformers Spec's"...and that's what you get...Flux Losses...plus all "Parasitical, and "Undesired Spikes"...lol,...please!!

This thing is too be done "By Hand"...yes, going by A Previous circuit checking, testing ...etc ...

Cheers!!

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X