X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run like Hell...

Originally posted by ampsvolts View Post
    Ufopolitics

UFO - You are a worry .. LiPo's must be treated with respect and not abused - A good friend of mine badly burned his new home and was lucky to avoid injury by not obeying the rules. We need your expertise here, so stay safe

JohnStone.. Thank you for your recent circuits and explanations. Your attention to detail is amazing.

Larry.. Keep asking questions - we all benefit from the answers .. Being an aeromodeller, you obviously are a good guy. Stay well.
    Thanks AmpsVolts!

I have a very nice IR Temp reader...and I keep watching them not getting hot...and if they do, by any chance...I'll run like hell to Larry's Bunker...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Larry's setup

Originally posted by larryross View Post
      Some progress on my circuits.
      G'Day Larry
      Looks pretty good setup Looks like a bought one

You remind me of when in the late 60's I went to Data General to learn computer programming there was a class of about 12 and we were taught to write a program and after we finished writing it we gave it to the card punch operator. then when we all got our cards back they were put into the card reader of ar huge computer and if it didn't run we had to debug our program and do it all again.Some of us had to run our program 3 to 6 times to get it running there was one chap that was always last to have his program run it worked first time every time. Mine never worked first time

Regards

Comment

• UFO
        I agree with ampsvolts... we need you around so please be safe.

BTW the bunker is for the batteries and not me... I will be long gone. The fumes from them burning are very bad for you too.

Ampsvolts
        Are you an aeromodeler also? You will find me and my work on RCGroups.com in the foamy scratch built section. There I am building among others a foam cargo plane with a 12 foot wing span and 4 electric motors. Till I came across UFO here then all plane projects got shelved in favor of radiant. My build table got turned into an electronic work bench. You will see some of my unfinished projects in the background of some of the pictures I post here.
        Well I had a colonoscopy today so most of my day was shot.

Not every one appreciates my questions Ampsvolts.

Thanks Ian, but doubt I will live up to the chap in your story.

Tomorrow I will build a series harness for some liops and build my lipo bunker.

Regards
        Larry

Comment

• OMG Bunker is not ready??!!

Originally posted by larryross View Post
          UFO
          I agree with ampsvolts... we need you around so please be safe.

BTW the bunker is for the batteries and not me... I will be long gone. The fumes from them burning are very bad for you too.

Ampsvolts
          Are you an aeromodeler also? You will find me and my work on RCGroups.com in the foamy scratch built section. There I am building among others a foam cargo plane with a 12 foot wing span and 4 electric motors. Till I came across UFO here then all plane projects got shelved in favor of radiant. My build table got turned into an electronic work bench. You will see some of my unfinished projects in the background of some of the pictures I post here.
          Well I had a colonoscopy today so most of my day was shot.

Not every one appreciates my questions Ampsvolts.

Thanks Ian, but doubt I will live up to the chap in your story.

Tomorrow I will build a series harness for some liops and build my lipo bunker.

Regards
          Larry

Larry,

Work positively with your mind...it has more powers than you could think of...so, stop repeating you have just few time left to live...that is not good at all, you are "programming" yourself, your body to go...from your mind...not good. It creates a series of responses within your Bio, that I would not be able to explain in detail, besides it is not part of this...but please think positively...that will not hurt...but will do good, trust me.

I fly RC Helicopters Larry, and also build them...so when you see my little motors I started playing with...you could make them for your planes...and they will be much longer times on air than you could ever imagine...
          So do not worry...you will get to go back to it soon...

Regards

Ufopolitics

P.D: Did you ever found out about the "Sangre De Grado" I told you?
          Please do.
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Ampsvolts
            Are you an aeromodeler also?
            Afraid so Larry, been at it since the 50s - dabbled in most disciplines including electrics... Seems you are of the same era - Good luck with the foamie. (Saw a model in your pictures) Like you I am immensely interested in this project. My forte is computers so you guys are way above me when it comes to electronics - but I am learning . Enjoy the moment

Comment

• Kogs new setup

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
              Hello Ian,

Ok, in this picture below, I see things that are not correct...but then again, I may be wrong...

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_0653.jpg

And I can not tell which is Positive which is negative...

Ian and All others replicating this:

Please use color code wiring for electrical connections, do not mix Red with Green, Green is always ground, Red is always Positive. Bright Reds, Orange and Yellows are used for positive, or positive signals...Green, Black...even sometimes Blue are used for grounds or Negatives.
              Make sure when you take a shot, a picture of your set-up, you do not have hidden wires that leave the "scene" or "Area of View" and can not be traced at simple sight by looking at pic.

For example Ian, you have a red cable going to a connector (I don't know if next connector where another green wire comes out to mosfet board is connected through the plastic connector to that positive?...red?? Now that green passes through mosfet board under...have no idea if it is or not connected to board underneath...then goes to Coil wire...So, I can only "assume" you will connect the NTE576 in that plastic dual bolted conn..?

I also see a green cable coming out of mosfet's board (bolted) going to "nowhere, infinite"..maybe to Coil?...or is it just ground?

Mosfet's Board should only have three cables...

One is Source Negative direct to Source of Mosfet's legs.
              Second wire for Drain, going to one Coil Terminal...then derive Diode -l>- to Lamp.
              Third, is the Gate wire from 555 or LM339, or whatever oscillator you may have there...
              Now according to your pic, I only see two cables going there, and that is assuming the under board running green cable (Positive?) from connector is going there also...
              Now Positive (+) from Source, (Batteries +) have absolutely nothing to do at Mosfet's board...just Negative Source, Drain to Coil, and Gate from Oscillator.

Hope this post helps you trace your problem.

Regards

Ufopolitics

P.D: I know that those color codes that I mentioned above work basically for DC Electricity...As I know in AC the Black is the "Live Wire"...White is Neutral....and Green is ground from receptacles and embodiments chassis.
              G'Day UFO
              Thankyou for your perusal and comments
              From past experience I have found that tooo many screw connections are undesirable so that could be my problem so today I rebuilt the part of the circuit that handles the mosfets and transistors and rewired it so as everything is exposed and you can see where everything goes.
              I left the Voltage regulator and the 555Oscillator as they were.

I also drew a diagram showing the placement of the parts as I see them from your Happy Motor Diagram and diagram of your connections to mosfets etc.

I found now on 3 occasions I replaced the ON/Of Switch when I put the switch in the Bat negative to switch on/off it worked once and then would not switch off even though when I disconnected it from the circuit the DMM showed that is was apparently OK because when I switched it OFF there was no continuity and when I switched it on there was continuity

The diagran and photos are here
              http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...happyMotor.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...s/REbuild2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...s/REbuild3.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...s/REbuild1.jpg

When I switched it on There was no response and after a few moments I used the thermometer and everything was cold EXCEPT the coil 50Deg C
              The coil is one I had 5/.8mm Filar litzed 583 foot long the Ohms are measured 1.32

I am sure the Mosfets blew because I tested with an in circuit tester for transistors and they were dead.
              I just do not seem to be able to figure out what is wrong

The wire colors are so as they are what I have on hand

Please How can I test with out switching it on
              Kindest regards

Still trying

Comment

• What I can see...

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
                G'Day UFO
                From past experience I have found that tooo many screw connections are undesirable so that could be my problem so today I rebuilt the part of the circuit that handles the mosfets and transistors and rewired it so as everything is exposed and you can see where everything goes.

I also drew a diagram showing the placement of the parts as I see them from your Happy Motor Diagram and diagram of your connections to mosfets etc.

I found now on 3 occasions I replaced the ON/Of Switch when I put the switch in the Bat negative to switch on/off it worked once and then would not switch off even though when I disconnected it from the circuit the DMM showed that is was apparently OK because when I switched it OFF there was no continuity and when I switched it on there was continuity

When I switched it on There was no response and after a few moments I used the thermometer and everything was cold EXCEPT the coil 50Deg C
                The coil is one I had 5/.8mm Filar litzed 583 foot long the Ohms are measured 1.32

I am sure the Mosfets blew because I tested with an in circuit tester for transistors and they were dead.

Kindest regards

Still trying

Hello Ian,

I see something wrong at the 100 or 10 K Ohms Resistor?

It should ONLY GO to 330 resistors, according to drawing and pic's you are shorting Oscillations with Ground Source (-)

Take a look at Diag below...

Question, are you replicating My Circuit or other?...cause I have 100 Ohms there not 10 K...

Let me know

Regards

Ufopolitics

Ian,

Disregard this message...You've Got it all right, what I was pointing out...my bad Sorry!!
                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-11-2012, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Good day Ian
                  I think this will make your circuit compatible with UFO's diagram. KOG's more happy motor.

Last edited by larryross; 06-26-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryross View Post
                    Good day Ian
                    I think this will make your circuit compatible with UFO's diagram.

Hello Larry,

I do not recall a 15K Resistor there, between ground and 330 resistors to gates..?
                    I Bias Gate by individual (per Mosfet) 47K...and I see Ian has them there. So, I don't think it is necessary there...again, correct me if in further posts it was a patch to mine...
                    I just found out Torpex uses this 10K...In his circuit...

I DO APOLOGIZE, YES I DO HAVE THAT 15 K RESISTOR!!

So, what Ian is missing is the 100 Ohms from 555

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 06-26-2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• This is your circuit isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by larryross View Post
                        This is your circuit isn't it?

LOL...Yes Larry it is...read my "edit" above...
                        Sorry, I have been rotating too many motors...

And now I see the 100 Ohms coming out of leg 3 of 555, on Oscillator Board...So...Ian have it fine then...
                        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 06-26-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Sorry I did see your edit after I posted.

I got my 10 turn pots today so now I can make very fine adjustments on frequency and duty cycle.
                          Last edited by larryross; 06-26-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Hi all
                            Has anyone ever tried using this for multifilar winding. This is 16 wires X 100', but it is only 28 AWG. I have more than 400 feet of it. Thoughts come back 10 4?

Regards
                            Larry

Comment

• Testing Measurements...

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
                              G'Day UFO

Kindest regards

Still trying

Hello Ian,

I have been over and over your circuit and after all my wrong assumptions and diagnoses...I found You have done an excellent job there!!
                              So, it must be something pretty minor going on there...And after re-reading all your previous posts with your readings ...We could say that if the oscillator and regulator are just working fine, then you should concern on checking your Mosfet's Board...and all cables that join boards to boards...grounds, positives and signaling wires, looking for bad or poor contacts...even your pot could be checked separated from circuit...measuring resistance as you dial up...etc,etc.

With reference to Positive (steady hooked a meter to Pos(+) check for negative (earth,grounds) (-) all over the whole thing, including Drain output.
                              Then do it from Ground reference...check all signals when leaving board to points of destination...and so on...that would give you an idea, even if it would be a cable broken inside(very odd, but possible).

Regards and let Us know...We are all anxious to hear you screaming that it already worked out!!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Screaming

Yes UFO, he will be screaming. And maybe for the first time in a long time I will be happy to hear a grown man scream. Ian has worked so hard on this and we are all keeping our ears to the wind to hear when he has success.
                                Good luck today and may the force be with you. Oh, and with your circuit.
                                Dana
                                "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                                Nikola Tesla

Comment

Working...
                                X