This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK

If its just rotor with magnets and coils on the stator, your just waisting a bunch of copper.

Lenz Free Ecklin-Brown style generator is the only way to go.

You gotta make everything real tight and put a little felt on your rotor so it never completely makes contact with the magnets while at low speeds. the attraction goes away though at higher speed.
    They need to be big magnets. 2" radius half in thick. So the rotor will want to stick. During storage you have to pin it away from the magnets.
    The rotor as shown in the pictures is an attachment blade for weed eaters. You can pick them up for 10 dollars or something.
    The coils do better when constructed short and fat with cores of soft iron welding rods. You can also premagnetize the rods in the opposite direction to get not only a small gain but a more radial sine wave. Do this by bundling the rods with bailing wire, heating the entire bundle up, adding magnets in the correct direction and cooling quickly. Then repeat Until you can pick up a paper clip with just the iron.
    When you store it you have to cover the magnets with something metal to prevent the constant saturation of the coils. Which will cause polarization in the wrong direction.

Mount the magnets on a NON ferrous material. You can use both sides as well and daisy chain the thing together.

This generator is only hard to start. Once its up and running you have little t know resistance and should have a very cold current that will run on small wire, as well as charge batteries negatively.

Mind you it may not measure over unity but if you are slick and not consuming power to turn the motor you'll have real nice setup.

And NO you cannot see mine, build your own.
    Matt
    Last edited by Matthew Jones; 05-01-2012, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      OK

If its just rotor with magnets and coils on the stator, your just waisting a bunch of copper.

Lenz Free Ecklin-Brown style generator is the only way to go.

You gotta make everything real tight and put a little felt on your rotor so it never completely makes contact with the magnets while at low speeds. the attraction goes away though at higher speed.
      They need to be big magnets. 2" radius half in thick. So the rotor will want to stick. During storage you have to pin it away from the magnets.
      The rotor as shown in the pictures is an attachment blade for weed eaters. You can pick them up for 10 dollars or something.
      The coils do better when constructed short and fat with cores of soft iron welding rods. You can also premagnetize the rods in the opposite direction to get not only a small gain but a more radial sine wave. Do this by bundling the rods with bailing wire, heating the entire bundle up, adding magnets in the correct direction and cooling quickly. Then repeat Until you can pick up a paper clip with just the iron.
      When you store it you have to cover the magnets with something metal to prevent the constant saturation of the coils. Which will cause polarization in the wrong direction.

Mount the magnets on a NON ferrous material. You can use both sides as well and daisy chain the thing together.

This generator is only hard to start. Once its up and running you have little t know resistance and should have a very cold current that will run on small wire, as well as charge batteries negatively.

Mind you it may not measure over unity but if you are slick and not consuming power to turn the motor you'll have real nice setup.

Matt
      At long last!!! Once again someone mentions the proper method for building a MOTOR GENERATOR!!!! Personally I wouldn't go with the Eklin-Brown method, but it is definitly a step in the proper direction!!! If you have a little free time and spare parts, invest a little time in that direction.

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      I second that! "NO you cannot see mine, build your own."

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by erfinder View Post
        At long last!!! Once again someone mentions the proper method for building a MOTOR GENERATOR!!!! Personally I wouldn't go with the Eklin-Brown method, but it is definitly a step in the proper direction!!! If you have a little free time and spare parts, invest a little time in that direction.

Regards
        Which way would you go!

The only reason I do not want to show mine is it is duck tape and bailing wire. LOL its embarrassing to say the least.

Matt

Comment

• Do you think it would be an advantage with an Ecklin-Brown style generator to use some mumetal for cutting flux between magnet and coil? Pieces of mumetal are fairly easy to find from old hard drives as well as some surplus sources and mumetal apparently blocks the magnet field better than regular metal.

Dang is there any kind of motor Konehead hasn't built? LOL
          Last edited by ewizard; 05-02-2012, 03:47 AM.
          There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
            Do you think it would be an advantage with an Ecklin-Brown style generator to use some mumetal for cutting flux between magnet and coil? Pieces of mumetal are fairly easy to find from old hard drives as well as some surplus sources and mumetal apparently blocks the magnet field better than regular metal.

Dang is there any kind of motor Konehead hasn't built? LOL
            I am sure it might, its just a matter of how close you get everything together. At high speed (2000) rpm you just knock the field out of the way for short time. I do not know how much difference it would make.

Matt

Comment

Which way would you go!

The only reason I do not want to show mine is it is duck tape and bailing wire. LOL its embarrassing to say the least.

Matt
              Hello Matt,

I understand now, duck tape..can't say I have needed to use any in any of my contraptions.....yet...LOL...If that is the only reason for not showing it...show it off anyway! You of all people know that this is not a beauty contest it's about demonstrating working principles, and if your device does that then it's definitely worth demonstrating!

To answer your question as to which direction I would go in, a year or two ago there was a guy who visited this forum. He demonstrated a very interesting Ecklin-Brown type setup, in my opinion, the design and performance of his setup was superior to what I have been able to find and test with regards to Ecklin-Brown. He had youtube videos, and was posting info about his device here. I asked him a few questions which I guess he wasn't ready to answer. Long story short, he vanished!!! He removed all of his videos on youtube and deleted his account!

Thankfully, in keeping with the times and trends, this individual patented his device.

5,191,258 - Electric Current Generator Including Torque Reducing Countermagnetic Field

Very interesting device! The inventor calls it a generator but a few of you here know like I know that motors and generators are one!
              This is the preferred direction (mine), with a few twists of course......

Regards

Comment

• Ya I remember that. Its just an Alternating Generator that he applies low voltage to the coils to prevent lenz. He doesn't get rid of it all together.

PART 2 Motionless Plate Generator - YouTube

This is Thane Hiens video of his attempt, why part 1 is missing I do not know.

The thing about it (EB Gen) is how big you can make them. Then all you need is real big burst of torque on the start up and alot of speed after its going.

If the motor doesn't cost anything to run....well

I am building better one that actually puts out so when that done I'll show off.
                Its not just duck tape on the one now it really doesn't put out much power compared to what it uses. But It did show me a load with no lenz.

Matt

Comment

Ya I remember that. Its just an Alternating Generator that he applies low voltage to the coils to prevent lenz. He doesn't get rid of it all together.

PART 2 Motionless Plate Generator - YouTube

This is Thane Hiens video of his attempt, why part 1 is missing I do not know.

The thing about it (EB Gen) is how big you can make them. Then all you need is real big burst of torque on the start up and alot of speed after its going.

If the motor doesn't cost anything to run....well

I am building better one that actually puts out so when that done I'll show off.
                  Its not just duck tape on the one now it really doesn't put out much power compared to what it uses. But It did show me a load with no lenz.

Matt
                  I remember that video. Always wondered if part 1 exists, what did he demonstrate in it.

Thanes device is probably the closest to the patent I mentioned, and was how I initially planned my device. I decided against the design as I do not want an external prime mover. I found that the magnet and coil can be mounted together and give better results, and further simplifies the machine.

In my replication, the device is its own prime mover with the lenzless generator being secondary. The cool thing is how the generator assists the prime mover when its loaded.

I like to think of this as a positive twist on the Kromrey.

Regards

Comment

• OK Erfinder,
                    Now you HAVE to show pictures! LOL

Dave
                    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      OK Erfinder,
                      Now you HAVE to show pictures! LOL

Dave
                      Work in progress....

You have no choice but to wait!

I don't show my work till its finished! I will make this one exception so that you know I'm serious. I will not post any more images till the device is complete, and tested.

This is all there is for the moment.

Regards
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by erfinder View Post
                        Work in progress....

You have no choice but to wait!

I don't show my work till its finished! I will make this one exception so that you know I'm serious. I will not post any more images till the device is complete, and tested.

This is all there is for the moment.

Regards
                        Very nice I'll wait

Thanks
                        Vtech
                        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• This would be a great solution for those just getting started.

Comment

• You don't even want to imagine my build, flower pots ,speaker magnets, and old car fans

Matt,..you said something about putting the charge in the battery when its' off or when it's just being connected...?

That Eklin Brown only does 4 hits per rev...
                            My pmg is not the normal design....I get a couple 100 per rev..

I just need to know how often I should hit the batteries ,and at what values

Good stuff............shylo
                            Last edited by shylo; 05-04-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Ya but your not understanding my point. If you put load on a generator like yours it slows down. The EB does not. And it can have as many poles as you want it too.
                              But then again I really don't know what you have built. Maybe your gen does not load down.

Matt

Comment

• Does anyone see any similarities?

Aviso self charging motor 1 of 6 " BREAKTHROUGH " - YouTube

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post191427

Comment

Working...
                                X