• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
    You'll have to give me the part number.

Matt
    Hi Matt

If you mean the part number for the transformer ,there is no part number but if you mean for the resisters then I will get it for you.

Ehsan
    Take the wisdom even from the mouths of the insane

Comment

• The part number for th TRANSISTOR you said you were using.

Matt

Comment

The part number for th TRANSISTOR you said you were using.

Matt
        Hi Matt

Sorry it's my mistake instead of writing transformer
        I write transistor .lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
          Here are the Digi Key part numbers for the schematic

C1 .1uf 478-6010-ND
          C2 .1uf 478-6010-ND
          C3 .1uf 478-6010-ND
          C4 .1uf 478-6010-ND
          DC1 DC-DC Converter 12v-15v VFSD2-S12-S15-SIP
          DC2 DC-DC Converter 12v-15v VFSD2-S12-S15-SIP
          DC3 DC-DC Converter 12v-15v VFSD2-S12-S15-SIP
          DC4 DC-DC Converter 12v-15v VFSD2-S12-S15-SIP
          FOD1 3120 driver FOD3120-ND
          FOD2 3120 driver FOD3120-ND
          FOD3 3120 driver FOD3120-ND
          FOD4 3120 driver FOD3120-ND
          J1 Terminal Block 2 pin ED2580-ND
          J2 Terminal Block 2 pin ED2580-ND
          J3 Terminal Block 2 pin ED2580-ND
          J4 Terminal Block 2 pin ED2580-ND
          R1 1k ohm RNF12FTD1K00CT-ND
          R2 1k ohm RNF12FTD1K00CT-ND
          R3 1k ohm RNF12FTD1K00CT-ND
          R4 1k ohm RNF12FTD1K00CT-ND
          R5 47 ohm 1/8 watt CF18JT47R0CT-ND (zero after the “R” not a capital O)
          R6 47 ohm 1/8 watt CF18JT47R0CT-ND
          R7 47 ohm 1/8 watt CF18JT47R0CT-ND
          R8 47 ohm 1/8 watt CF18JT47R0CT-ND
          R9 22 ohm 1/8 watt CF18JT22R0CT-ND (zero after the “R” not a capital O)
          R10 22 ohm 1/8watt CF18JT22R0CT-ND
          R11 22 ohm 1/8 watt CF18JT22R0CT-ND
          R12 22 ohm 1/8 watt CF18JT22R0CT-ND
          TE1 A98479-ND A98479-ND

I will post a picture of my boards.
          Install Express PCB that Matt gave you the link for. Download the two files Matt gave you a download link to. When you open up the PCB board file, go to "Layout" at the top of the page and then to "order boards from the internet" At one point it will give you a choice of three or four different kinds of boards and you want the CHEAP one which I think is at the bottom. I think it's called the "mini board" or something like that. Three for $75.00. Each board will control 4 fetts, and you only need ONE board for this setup, but the minimum order is three. So some of you might want to go together and get the boards and share the $75.00 expense.

Matt sent me a "Paint by Numbers schematic for folks (like me) who are just learning to really understand circuits. It includes a picture of the basic stamp, my completed circuit board, the fetts and batteries for this setup. It also shows the modified schematic that has the driver circuit for the fetts removed. It does NOT include the latest modification for driving a load and charging a battery. For that, refer to Matt's drawing above.
          Thanks Matt,

I've ordered my boards and am still parts-gathering... I have the bigger transformer - just need to rewind it. I'm neck-deep in a big project at work and am at work right now as I write this... been working all weekend so it'll be a couple of days before I can get back into this...

Cheers,

Luther
          Electrostatic charges manipulating magneto-gravitic streams...

Comment

• Originally posted by ehsanco1062 View Post
            Hi Matt

Sorry it's my mistake instead of writing transformer
            I write transistor .lol
            You can use the 250 watt. Just go with a smaller wire. Like 20 awg or something.

Originally posted by LutherG View Post
            Thanks Matt,

I've ordered my boards and am still parts-gathering... I have the bigger transformer - just need to rewind it. I'm neck-deep in a big project at work and am at work right now as I write this... been working all weekend so it'll be a couple of days before I can get back into this...

Cheers,

Luther
            Don't feel bad, it my plan and I have not had the time to get it going. Life's got alot to do lately.

Matt

Comment

• Hi Matt

About the transformer what do you think is butter laying the wires on the core or litzing the eight wires?
              Battery P3 please don’t tell me it’s the bad battery ?

Ehsan
              Last edited by ehsanco1062; 05-29-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• The point of winding a transformer is to minimize the air space. So try to fill it up with copper. Litzing it will not do that unless you use a very small wire.

No bad Battery. I would put 2-4 good batteries of the same type you would use in the serial portion. This should leave you with some charged batteries if the serial drop to much. Even with one batt it should create a slight resonant's across the windings and the load that will help in the long run.

This thing will not run a huge load either. Thats not the point. We just want to run a small moderate load and maintain charge in the primary batteries for as long as we can. If your batteries are 100 amp hour you will not run more than 5 amp in the load portion.
                It will be somewhat of a balancing act. The primary batteries will drop some and hold. If they continue to drop you can lighten the load or adjust the frequency. As the frequencies get charted we will start to increase the load.

If it rains tomorrow I will have time to get mine together (All I need is together just need a little wiring) to start exploring frequency issues. I am hoping I can cover the frequencies needed with the stamp but in case We might have to go with a faster solution. Not sure yet.

It will be a neat thing though have no doubt. I have already seen what this thing will do in pieces of other circuits.

Cheers
                Matt

Comment

• Hi Matt

Thank you the Clarification,I will use #22AWG wire because when I removed the wire that I used it for the small setup for your tesla switch it was #20AWG and it was three wires two are 16m long ant the third wire is 20m long and the wires were litzed together and core was almost full so I can not use 8 wire of #20AWG and we need to put 8 wires of 12m long (40 feet) unless I will use thinner wire or shorter wire and I would rather use thiner wire than shorter wire because I want to stick with the determine length, I chose that wire because that's the only wire that I have that is enough to full the core.

Comment

• Originally posted by ehsanco1062 View Post
                    Hi Matt

Thank you the Clarification,I will use #22AWG wire because when I removed the wire that I used it for the small setup for your tesla switch it was #20AWG and it was three wires two are 16m long ant the third wire is 20m long and the wires were litzed together and core was almost full so I can not use 8 wire of #20AWG and we need to put 8 wires of 12m long (40 feet) unless I will use thinner wire or shorter wire and I would rather use thiner wire than shorter wire because I want to stick with the determine length, I chose that wire because that's the only wire that I have that is enough to full the core.
                    Ya that should be fine if you can get that on there (22awg). 40 ft leaves about .6 ohms of resistance per winding. That leaves the possibility for 40 amps (I=E/R) of surge in the system.
                    So just make your fets can handle that or a little bit more and you'll be good.

CHeers
                    Matt

PS its Raining. I get some shop time today.

Comment

Ya that should be fine if you can get that on there (22awg). 40 ft leaves about .6 ohms of resistance per winding. That leaves the possibility for 40 amps (I=E/R) of surge in the system.
                      So just make your fets can handle that or a little bit more and you'll be good.

CHeers
                      Matt

PS its Raining. I get some shop time today.
                      Hi Matt

Happy shopping day, I will look for 50A Fets,
                      In the board there is a place for the fourth Fet and we are using only three is there a possibility that you might use four Fets in the future?

Ehsan

Comment

• The controller was designed for some of the TS projects working on. The biggest point being you can use any combination of the thing. Maybe when the system gets higher powered you can use 2 Fets in parallel on serial switch.
                        Or maybe 4 Fets in one position then you can drive the whole board with one input and have 4 high powered Fets to do the work of that position.

Its meant to be versatile.

On another project I have 1 board running 4 switch's. And one board running 4 switch's as one switch.

It's just a generic driver you can use for anything.

I have another one also that I am working on but more than likely I will sell them pre assembled when I get it to 1 mhz speeds. Its more like a solid state relay than anything, But you can use whatever rated Fet you want.

Matt

Comment

• Hi Matt

With all these projects you are working on and you have time to answer our questions !
                          God bless you

Ehsan

Comment

• HI Dave , Matt Eshan and ALL

Okay, we are down , doing Daves and will order for Matt's Scalar charger, we need some thing to do till we can order Daves/Matt's boards LOL, we have a lot of parts from Matt's original that we can recycle and get into this.

Eager to show off the new work shop, we had to get one since white ants are hungry and collapsed our old house...I consider Matt and Dave as white ants to the system too LOL

Ash

Comment

• Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
                              HI Dave , Matt Eshan and ALL

Okay, we are down , doing Daves and will order for Matt's Scalar charger, we need some thing to do till we can order Daves/Matt's boards LOL, we have a lot of parts from Matt's original that we can recycle and get into this.

Eager to show off the new work shop, we had to get one since white ants are hungry and collapsed our old house...I consider Matt and Dave as white ants to the system too LOL

Ash
                              You need anything now, Holler at me.

Cheers
                              Matt

Comment

• On their way

My boards shipped today!

I can hardly wait to get this built!

Cheers,

Luther
                                Electrostatic charges manipulating magneto-gravitic streams...

Comment

Working...
                                X