X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very interested

Hi Carroll,

I've been trying to do some form of electrical switch, but I'm not an electronics guy. I tried using flashers from car 4-way blinkers but there too slow.
    I need some form of an adjustable switch, but it has to be very fast.
    I'd be willing to buy such a circut ,if somebody could make one.

thanks shylo

Comment

• Explain what has got to happen and at what time, and I am sure we can come up with something pretty simple for ya.

Matt

Comment

• edit

I just tried to add to my post but am not very computer literate

Yes shorting triples output if done at the right time.

shylo

Comment

• Hi Matt,
          thats just it I'm not sure when it has to be done ,thats why it needs to be adjustable.When I tried brushes from a car starter ,they didn't work because they cover too much area.If you just short two wires together it doesn't work .If you short the 2 wires through any conductor ,like the rotor in the pic it works.

not sure if thats clear or not.
          shylo

Comment

• I looked at your drawing and I just don't see how it all ties together. You can probably do it with switch of some like a fet or transistor. I just can't follow whats supposed to happen, and the order of things.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by shylo View Post
              I don't use steel for back plates this was my 1st attempt

I tried using an old armature, and a set of brushes as a switch,it worked quite well,the only thing was the more area you cover with the brush,the more drag you create

But if you can make multiple connections at the same time ,in the right sequence, hence the switch

The only way is to reduce the size of the brush(or contact)

shylo
              Hi Shylo,

You might consider something like this maybe:

http://www.pwrx.com/pwrx/docs/t700.pdf

Some of these devices can switch in 10usec and can handle high voltage and amperage and can be controlled by a simple 555 circuit... You can find these surplus and sometimes they're on Ebay...

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Luther
              Electrostatic charges manipulating magneto-gravitic streams...

Comment

• Thanks for the link Luther,like I say though I'm not the electronics type.
                I'm going to try a reed switch see if that works.Even if it does I'm pretty sure it won't last due to the amount of switching involved.It would make adjusting easy since it can be be placed in any location.
                Matt, I have to short the coils at a specific time ,a very quick open and close thats all. The adjustment is at what position the magnet poles are in compairison to the generating coils ,thats the part I'm not sure about.
                shylo

Comment

• I'll piddle around Sunday and see if I can come up with something for ya. I have one thing like this I started, but haven't finished that works off commutator. But I know you can do it off the signal as well, based on the sine of the generator.

I'll see if I can get something together.

Matt

Comment

• Hi Matt

I have my three PCB today and still waiting for the parts to be in my hand with in three days but I never thought that the PCB will be that small which will make to soldering problem because I am not good at soldering on PCB specially with the smaller one ,any way i am so exiting I can't wait to put all these parts together to make the scaler generator.

Ehsan
                    Take the wisdom even from the mouths of the insane

Comment

• Its not as hard as you think. The whole thing has through hole parts and they stay in place pretty easy. Just get a good iron and some small solder and it will be a breeze.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                        Its not as hard as you think. The whole thing has through hole parts and they stay in place pretty easy. Just get a good iron and some small solder and it will be a breeze.

Matt
                        Thanks Matt
                        I have brand new soldering station I bought it four months ago and I never use it yet so here come the field to test it so I just need small solder to make the job done ,
                        I have 1Farad 10v big digital capacitor and i need to use it for something useful and I don't know where ,can any one direct me to something useful?

Ehsan

Comment

• When we get this thing running I'll give you a place to put it with a small add on circuit and you can see how it does.

The thing with most big caps like that is the ESR. If its too high they are not good for much other than filters or current boost, but if it has a low ESR it will make a good cap dumper.

Do you have a part number on it?

Matt

Comment

• Hi Matt

It's audio capacitor (CAPAUDIO-A-1.0 - Capacitor; 1F) I couldn't find more details .

Ehsan

Comment

• Hi Matt

This is the link for the cap where I bought it
                              CAPAUDIO-A-1.0 - Capacitor | Transfer Multisort Elektronik

Ehsan

Comment

• Hi all

I have receive my order from Digikey today so I have all the parts to start with the scaler.
                                I am preparing my self for the soldering to get the board ready so as soon as I complete the board I will go to wind the transformer .
                                I don't see any one posting here I mean David what's up how is your setup going ? Any result?

Ehsan

Comment

Working...
                                X