Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 wire, thats what you have to measure. You want .1 - .3 ohm. In that range. You need to use 18.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      1 wire, thats what you have to measure. You want .1 - .3 ohm. In that range. You need to use 18.

Matt
      Hi Matt

My transformer can not handel 8 wires 12m long so I have to look for a big transformer and that is a real headache or I can use my 3000w transformer .

Ehsan
      Take the wisdom even from the mouths of the insane

Comment

• Why do they have to be 12m long? You can use what ever you want. THis calculator for resistance in wire.

Resistance of Wire (Wire Resistance Calculator)

1 meter is 3.28 feet.

Matt

Comment

Why do they have to be 12m long? You can use what ever you want. THis calculator for resistance in wire.

Resistance of Wire (Wire Resistance Calculator)

1 meter is 3.28 feet.

Matt
          Hi Matt

Thank you now I understand what you mean I am just learning forgive me for asking silly questions but I am really want to make the scalar with no mistakes because it's really pain in the .... To make the order and wait two week to have it .
          Thank you again for your patient about my dam questions,it seems like I am the only who is asking!lol

Ehsan

Comment

• Hi Matt

I just unwind my transformer and I am lucky to find 60m of 18#AWg wire. So 6m should give me 1.2 ohm but my ohmmeter said that the resistance is 0.3 so I said ok we are still in the range so I wind the the transformer but then after installing the laminator I found that there is two wires shorted with the laminator so I was like hopeless then I get an idea to try inserting insolated paper between the wires and the laminators but it was difficult , finally it works so I got my transformer ready and I am waiting to my forth diode and the extra diode and capacitor that you add in your update to go.
            Can I used 0.1 mf 640v cap instead of 1000v 0.1mf cap?
            And I have 1000v 3a In5408 diode does it work here for extera diode you added?

Good luck

Ehsan

Comment

• Ya they will work.

Always make sure to tape your wires onto the spool so when you put plates on they don't cut the wires.

I always fill the center of the spool also with wood or somthing then beat on it with a hammer and block to compress the wire.

Cheers
              Matt

Comment

Ya they will work.

Always make sure to tape your wires onto the spool so when you put plates on they don't cut the wires.

I always fill the center of the spool also with wood or somthing then beat on it with a hammer and block to compress the wire.

Cheers
                Matt
                Hi Matt

Next time I wind the transformer your way although I put a tape on the wire but the plate cut the tape and the wire but I am glad I fix it with an 1/2 hour extra time .

Ehsan

Comment

• Ehsan,
                  You're probably the only one asking questions because there are probably very FEW people actually building. Lots of folks talk, talk, talk, very few build, build, build. Be proud man. LOL
                  “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                  —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by ehsanco1062 View Post
                    Hi Matt

Next time I wind the transformer your way although I put a tape on the wire but the plate cut the tape and the wire but I am glad I fix it with an 1/2 hour extra time .

Ehsan
                    The standard transformer usually has about 10 mm of space between the wires and the iron. Just watch your spool and jam the wire together hard.

Cheers
                    Matt

Comment

• removed post.....
                      Matthew Jones
                      Last edited by Matthew Jones; 06-22-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                        Ehsan,
                        You're probably the only one asking questions because there are probably very FEW people actually building. Lots of folks talk, talk, talk, very few build, build, build. Be proud man. LOL
                        Hi Dave

Thank you that’s encouraging, I think many of the people here try to ask but I didn’t give them the chance to ask by asking too many questions, I hope you are doing well with your setup any good news from you after we hear the good news from Matt?
                        Here is my transformer with 8 wire #18AWG , 0.3ohm wire resistance , 6m is the length of the wire, working in progress

Good luck

Ehsan

Comment

The standard transformer usually has about 10 mm of space between the wires and the iron. Just watch your spool and jam the wire together hard.

Cheers
                          Matt
                          Hi Matt

It’s a small transformer 75w I cannot leave 10mm space between the wires and the iron, but I will order for bigger one that’s why I said next time.
                          I just want to do something instead of just waiting for the new transformer to be in hand.

Ehsan

Comment

• Hi @all
                            Since there is no post so I want to active the thread a little so I bin working on putting all the parts together and I am still waiting for the fourth diode and here is the work until today hopefully I will finish everything on Monday.

Good luck

Ehsan

Comment

• Hey Ehsan

Looks like your keeping it orderly. Thats a good thing.

I have gotten some more wire for transformer and I'll be rewinding tomorrow. And maybe I'll even get mine hooked back up and run some more tests.

One thing I did overlook (one of many) is the fact that if you use a 12 volt battery to collect the output the caps will not fill much above 24 volt. Thats because your are running only a 12 volt potential.
                              So in that case they won't there job. But we'll see here tomorrow if that hold true. Either way its an easy thing to rearrange and fix. No extra parts, I promise

So when you finally get hooked up if you can't get your caps to go to 48 volt let us know (i know you will) and I'll post the fix.

Also make sure for a load you use a light bulb or resistive load. I know Turion was using a motor and surge current (start up current) was blowing his system.
                              Eventually we can make that work as well but it will include another part. But just for motors.

Anyway I'll post some info tomorrow.

Cheers
                              Matt

Comment

Hey Ehsan

Looks like your keeping it orderly. Thats a good thing.

I have gotten some more wire for transformer and I'll be rewinding tomorrow. And maybe I'll even get mine hooked back up and run some more tests.

One thing I did overlook (one of many) is the fact that if you use a 12 volt battery to collect the output the caps will not fill much above 24 volt. Thats because your are running only a 12 volt potential.
                                So in that case they won't there job. But we'll see here tomorrow if that hold true. Either way its an easy thing to rearrange and fix. No extra parts, I promise

So when you finally get hooked up if you can't get your caps to go to 48 volt let us know (i know you will) and I'll post the fix.

Also make sure for a load you use a light bulb or resistive load. I know Turion was using a motor and surge current (start up current) was blowing his system.
                                Eventually we can make that work as well but it will include another part. But just for motors.

Anyway I'll post some info tomorrow.

Cheers
                                Matt
                                Hi Matt

Don't you werry about any extra parts as long as it Will make this thing run butter .
                                I have many different bulbs 12v to be used as a load I have 5w,10w ,25w .....55w to play with ,but do you want me to hook voltmeter across the cap and see untill the voltmeter read 48v or what ?just explained please what is exactly you want me to do and I will do it and off course I will inform all the detail I will get and I will try to document all the reading I can get during the test .

Good luck

Ehsan

Comment

Working...
                                X