This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario,
    Those 7 amp hour batteries should work. Your primaries should be the same kind of battery and your transducer the same kind of battery. Make sure you drain the buffer down to just over 12 volts. In some cases we have had it instantly charge and that can be really bad if it is already fully charged...BOOM!

That goes for everybody. Batteries explode. Take precautions. I have a plexiglass shield between me and my batteries when I start things running. Better safe than sorry.

Dave
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      Here's the link to the circiut.

Loading the transformer electrically is probably an easier task than loading a motor mechanically for most people anyway. Also we cannot explore whats happening if you do not try to add control.

What is it we can do to AMP this thing UP..

Cheers
      Matt
      What he said....

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Mario,
        Those 7 amp hour batteries should work. Your primaries should be the same kind of battery and your transducer the same kind of battery. Make sure you drain the buffer down to just over 12 volts. In some cases we have had it instantly charge and that can be really bad if it is already fully charged...BOOM!

That goes for everybody. Batteries explode. Take precautions. I have a plexiglass shield between me and my batteries when I start things running. Better safe than sorry.

Dave
        Ok Dave, thanks. You're right about precautions, I've had a muller type motor generator explode into 1000 pieces at 10000 rpm... the magnets came off like bullets and made holes through wood, even found one stuck inside a lead acid battery...
        I'll keep you posted about results, won't be before a few days though.

Mario

Comment

• Though we be yet few in numbers, we be mighty! And every day we gain momentum. Let's just keep it rolling.

Good luck Mario. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Dave
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Question re loading the motor

Turion: When you loaded the motor in the past did you ever try a resistive load ie a bulb or something like that?

Comment

• When I loaded the motor I have only used physical loads...a belt and pulley arrangement that I could tighten to put the motor under load. I have also used another motor shaft coupled and used as a generator to a bridge to a 25 watt 12 volt bulb. I am not sure how you would use just a bulb to put a load on the motor???

Dave

Comment

• Well, I would simply put the bulb in parallel with the motor. That way the "motor/bulb" combo would be drawing more amps and we would know if it is an electrical effect or a magnetic effect and possibly more depending on the results.

Comment

• You can do that, but that may or may NOT help you balance your load. I have never tried it that way so I don't have a clue. It would definitely slow the motor down like loading it up would, so maybe it will work. Let us know!

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    You can do that, but that may or may NOT help you balance your load. I have never tried it that way so I don't have a clue. It would definitely slow the motor down like loading it up would, so maybe it will work. Let us know!

Dave
                    I haven't completely replicated the system yet, so won't be in a position to test for a few weeks. My guess is that provided you balance the system, the resistance across the motor will have the same effect as increasing the load.

Comment

• Why use the motor at all?

Do you need it?

Matt

Comment

• Connecting a resistor in parallel with the motor should not slow the motor down unless the wires are too small going to the motor. Or unless the battery is unable to supply the extra current needed for both loads at the same time. What it will do to the balance of the system I don't have any idea so it needs to be tried I guess just to see what will happen.

Carroll
                        Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by a.king21 View Post
                          Well, I would simply put the bulb in parallel with the motor. That way the "motor/bulb" combo would be drawing more amps and we would know if it is an electrical effect or a magnetic effect and possibly more depending on the results.
                          You will find a resistive load in parallel with the motor/driver will negate the effect. Don't take my word for it, test it.

Randy
                          _

Comment

• The resistor reduces the modulation put out by the motor. Has anybody just tried a switch? Don't pulse motors work better than regular motors? Why?

Do you need a schematic and parts list?

Matt

Comment

• Matt,
                              Are you talking about the circuit you posted in post # 2519? If you already have the parts list put together, I'll take one of those. By the way, my wife has her heart set on an Audrino with all kinds of accessories. She cracks me up sometimes. Anyway, she ordered it on Amazon, so I guess that's what I am getting. At least the kit she is buying comes with books. I haven't messed with "C" in a few years...like ten, so it will be interesting.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
                                You will find a resistive load in parallel with the motor/driver will negate the effect. Don't take my word for it, test it.

Randy
                                I'll put it on my "to do" list.
                                It's got me thinking.....:

Comment

Working...
                                X