X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    The instant you connect that coil to a load, you have a complete electrical circuit that includes a coil wrapped around some kind of a core. Magnetic flux is going to be captured by that core from the passing magnet, which creates electrical current in the (now completed) wire circuit The wire wrapped around the core turns the core into a powerful electromagnet of the SAME polarity as the magnet that created the flux. Let's call that "the event".

Hi Turion,

As the rotor mounted magnet sweeps past the coil it induces one cycle of AC. So when a North magnet approaches the center of the pole (which is the core in the center of the coil), it induces current in the coil causing a N pole on the face towards the rotor. The N pole opposes the N magnet. At TDC (the moment the magnet is centered relative to the pole), there is zero voltage generated in the coil and no current, so the pole face actually becomes a consequent S pole. As the rotor magnet moves away from the pole, it generates opposite polarity so the current is in the other direction in the coil making the pole face S. This S pole then attracts the N magnet on the rotor causing a torque opposing rotation. The coil current always causes a polarity which will result in torque opposing rotation when generating current in that coil. This is the mechanism taking mechanical power from the prime mover.

What I have just described is easily verifiable by connecting a scope across the coil/load resistor. The scope will display voltage. Coil current will have the same profile (waveform) but scaled by Ohm's Law to the ohmic value of the load resistor. Give it a look.

Regards,

bi

Comment

• Bi,
      You are absolutely correct. Up to a point. It happens with a normal coil. The coil under load repels the approaching magnet and then switches polarity and attracts it as it is trying to leave. On a NORMAL coil. I didn’t bother to talk about the second event (the attraction part of that process) that takes place because what we want to do by delaying Lenz it to have the “like” polarity in the Coil core that will repel the magnet occur at the right time so that what you describe does not get the chance to happen. If that makes any sense.
      Last edited by Turion; 04-21-2018, 01:24 PM.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Unusual coils

So I plan to wind my coils at 253 feet length x 12 using 23 awg and connecting three sets series parallel. Then this will aid in the delayed lenz event. Therefore the capacitance of the coil makes this possible?

I dare not engage in this discussion. My magnetism knowledge concerning generators and motors is lacking. But I'm learning. When the core material gets here next Wednesday I'll have something to get hands on experience with.

Dave I've only enough mag wire to build one coil at a time. Sorry to ask stupid question if this is one. But can I get any testing done with just one, two or even three coils?

Thanks for your post. I guess it will make more sense to me as this machine teaches my hard head.

wantomake

Comment

• One coil

One coil wound the way you plan will give you what you need to test with.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Good to hear

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            One coil wound the way you plan will give you what you need to test with.
            Thanks Dave,
            Good. I plan to connect the modified Matt my1016 to the 3BGS setup from my videos later on for more power.

At 13 Volts straight connected to the battery bank the rpms are high. I'll try that first before connecting through the booster setup.

Got to get the coil wound and get the core material in before any testing. Just thinking ahead.

wantomake

Comment

• Thank you Dave. It's all much clearer now. It only remains to be put into test and determine the right parameters.

Wantomake, I can not use my left hand for another 5 weeks but thought i could buy from ebay some stuff, like welding rods, as it takes 3-4 weeks to deliver. So I searched and find lots of different kinds. Which ones will you use, and how many for each coil. I see the prices very a lot. When I am ready I will use your setup parameters as guidance. For wire I already bought 23 quite a lot.

Comment

• Later answer

Originally posted by liber63 View Post
                Thank you Dave. It's all much clearer now. It only remains to be put into test and determine the right parameters.

Wantomake, I can not use my left hand for another 5 weeks but thought i could buy from ebay some stuff, like welding rods, as it takes 3-4 weeks to deliver. So I searched and find lots of different kinds. Which ones will you use, and how many for each coil. I see the prices very a lot. When I am ready I will use your setup parameters as guidance. For wire I already bought 23 quite a lot.
                I’m away from home and my links to eBay where I bought the rods. I’ll post the link here for you.
                As Dave said the parameters or variables are different for each build. Just build and adjust until they work together. Sounds like bad advice I know. But that’s my plan. When the unit sits in front of you on the bench then you learn and adjust it. There may be better way than mine. Sorry.

Will be home later today then I’ll post the links.
                wantomake
                Hope the hand gets better. Good time to study and plan.
                Last edited by wantomake; 04-21-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Link

Here's the link for the rods:
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Welding-Rod...72.m2749.l2649

wantomake

Comment

• Core material

Got the welding rods in today.

Want to get into the shop to wrap the 12 single strands onto empty spools, then onto the main larger coil. Bought the necessary parts to measure out the feet needed. Will assemble winding machine now that I've all the parts.

Will take a few pics as I wind just in case it will be any help to someone.

wantomake
                    Last edited by wantomake; 04-24-2018, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Questions

Originally posted by BroMikey
                      I have more pieces to the puzzle as of today. I have been watching this
                      forum and seeing all entries. Turion is out. Soon we will rule the board.

I sure hope so, it is time.

The Chinese sent me 2 hubs 1mm bigger than the package says.
                      So I get my hubs (1 of 3 separate deals I made) look at the label
                      and it says 10mm shaft size but the calipers show 11mm

I have 2 more and they work (to smart to buy just one) just fine, 1
                      is from USA much larger. More coming. This is for Jordan's proof of
                      the concept. Going iron laminates first then to rods in black sand
                      later to compare.

Stand strong, fight til the end, never give in.
                      Bro,
                      Hope you're just posting an LOL moment. Turion isn't out. As people wake up and build/post more I'm sure he will notice and join in.

I worked most of the day on the winding machine yesterday. My Chinese made(no offense please) hand winding apparatus got bumped off the desk and broke the cast iron hand crank. Had to build one from scratch real iron piece. But still got a good idea on how to build a low tech coil winder.

Oh I'm past stopping now. Got too much time, resources, and thought in this setup to give up. When a self runner, self charging, motor/generator is on a bench, EV car or scooter, then I will set back and enjoy watching this thread explode with "Oh it does work and could you help us build one!!!!!!"

Dave and Matthew will say no, I'll laugh but answer READ THIS THREAD.
                      wantomake
                      Last edited by wantomake; 04-26-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Lurking

Matt and I are still around. Just don’t have anything new to share. It is all here. We could keep saying the same things over and over, but that is a waste of everyone’s time and we have been doing THAT for ten years.

I do have the molds to pour ferrite cores for the Matt motor and when that is done and tested, I will post the results.

Until somebody BESIDES ME runs a lenz delayed generator with the Matt motor and shows the results everyone is treading water. There is no belief here other than a couple folks, so until successful replications start piling up, this thread is going nowhere.

I have to share one FACT of interest. I was contacted by someone who has credentials in a couple different areas very specific to what we are working with here who ran across this thread doing research. His conclusions support what we have been saying, but I cannot disclose his name or even the disciplines in which he holds degrees and certifications. LOL. YOU may not give a crap, but for me it was nice to see that SOMEONE in main stream science is on the right track and understands what we are talking about.

Construction at my house plus health issues has slowed my work to a crawl, but that’s ok. What has been presented here is just the tip of the iceberg. Most folks will just pass on by without stopping at all, but a few will realize there is something there and one or two may discover what is below the surface. Matt and I are moving forward with our work and eventually some of the things we know will get passed on to the folks working here. One thing you can be pretty sure of, and that is that it will be passed on privately to the folks who took the time to build and post about their replications here, not disclosed in a public forum so lazy lurkers can run off with our ideas to the patent office as has already happened.

Comment

• Made my day

I’m sitting in VA Cinic about to get scanned for hernia or worse and saw this post. Suddenly I feel better.

I will be testing soon the first coil. Have the winder almost done. Progress is slow but going forward. Will get back into shop after this X-ray today.

wantomake

Comment

• So, lot's of us have health issues i see, including myself.
                            What has helped me over the last few years: Stopped eating meat, anything fried, drinking milk, alcohol, soft drinks.
                            Reduced cheese, spaghetti, bread, sugar and coffee.
                            What is of utmost importance is chewing the food for long time before swallowing it, and not eating anything after 7pm.
                            Hope all gets better with you Wantomake and Dave.

Comment

• ketogenic diet and pics

Originally posted by liber63 View Post
                              So, lot's of us have health issues i see, including myself.
                              What has helped me over the last few years: Stopped eating meat, anything fried, drinking milk, alcohol, soft drinks.
                              Reduced cheese, spaghetti, bread, sugar and coffee.
                              What is of utmost importance is chewing the food for long time before swallowing it, and not eating anything after 7pm.
                              Hope all gets better with you Wantomake and Dave.
                              Thanks Liber63,
                              Yes seems we are on same diet you and I. Started this ketogenic diet 3 months ago and lost 16 pounds. VA doc said this has kept me healthy but still have some problems. All you posted I've stopped eating and feel great. Best thing is I can sleep at nights now and swallow without difficulty.

Any way here is the pics of the winding machine so far. This is only for the single strand spools (12) with 253 feet each. The measuring wheel is mounted on 1/4" Plexiglas then mounted on piece oak wood. The digital readout is easier for me. I placed the manual winder too close to the wheel, needs more space between them. But was able to wind first spool ok.

In the first pic is a guide and two pieces soft plastic to keep tension on the wire. It sits between the large spool and wheel. Tomorrow will place all this on longer piece 3/4" plywood. There will be another guide with same soft plastic between wheel and manual winder. Just needed to see how all the parts would work together. Now I can improve it to work more efficiently.

Hope this gives ideas to anyone,
                              wantomake

30957174_1903035489727280_1444794198_o.jpg30964707_1903035436393952_466915925_o.jpg31076278_1903035633060599_1073275109_o.jpg

Comment

• You will find that the wire wants to slip off your measuring wheel. To keep that from happening as easily, I took some long plastic zip ties and cut both ends off. This left me with plastic strips. I wound these around the wheel on each side and glued them in place. You can build up a few layers and it leaves you with a "track" right down the middle for the wire to run in

Comment

Working...
                                X