This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools

This is my coil winder. I have posted this before. The drill has a foot pedal to turn it on or off, speed it up or slow down.

I have an extra one of these Matt if you are going to wind a bunch of coils for a larger generator. This is what I used to deal with the coil expansion issue. It works. I have an extra foot pedal to go with it and even an extra drill. Need another drill chuck though. Don’t have an extra that I can find.

Coil winder - YouTube

Coil Winding accessories - YouTube
    Last edited by Turion; 08-04-2018, 07:28 AM.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Battery swapper

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      Post the schematic and code, I'll see what I can.Matt
      Thank you, Matt. A tool like this I think it will be interesting for many of us...
      Originally posted by citfta View Post
      What you basically need to do is have two loops. One for each battery. Only one loop should be running at any one time. As a loop runs it needs to read the battery voltage like you apparently have it doing correctly. When the battery reaches the low voltage you have set you need that to signal the program to jump to the loop for the other battery. Then it should stay there until that battery reaches it's low voltage target which will then trigger the program to jump back to the first loop and first battery.Carroll
      And thank you, Carroll. Your suggestion was welcomed, so I think first part of coding it's done.
      @All,
      I finally manage to assemble all my parts and to draw an schematic (which is still possible to have minor bugs).
      All seems to work so far well, but must be tested extensively on „real” life.
      Anyway, it was fun to work in my spare time on this arduino project, and, because I don't want to waste anybody's time, I post something when I have something to say. For the rest, I am always watching the thread when I have a moment.
      Enough talking, bellow are the images - feel free to improve this project, in the spirit of sharing from Matt & Turion.
      Attached Files

Comment

• The Arduino code for Battery swapper

Some final mentions:
        - for the sake of simplicity, you can use a power bank, so you don`t need components from power section;
        - the setup is incomplete, because does not contain also the booster, as seen in schematic, but this can be easily added;
        - pay attention to wiring the relay board, some instruction are in coding file (.ino);
        - for voltage sensor, You can use something like this, or you can do your own board, like myself (I used high precision resistors: 2 x 2K (single 4k, if you find), and 1 K resistor for each board));
        - all was mounted on a bigger test board, using 0,5 and 1 mm copper wire for soldering;
        - connection of the sensitive boards (arduino, the future LCD Nokia screen) was made with male - to female connectors, so the components can be exchanged or used for other projects.
        Feel free to ask anything.

L.E.
        It seems like I can't upload the coding file, so here is the code (copy the code in a notepad and save it with the .ino extension):

//2BGS_Battery_swapper V_1, first developed by axxelxavier (Teodor), from energeticforum.com.
        //Based on miscelaneous codes from web, among my personal contribution (mharmon12 for digitalWrite HIGH & LOW inverted; more to come :-) )
        //More contributors are welcomed, please do not remove this ”history status”.

int Relay1 = 5; //pin 5 will be connected to the relay1 (numbering the relays from copper traces, on PCB layout)
        int Relay2 = 4; //pin 4 will be connected to the relay2
        int Relay3 = 3; //pin 3 will be connected to the relay3
        int Relay4 = 2; //pin 2 will be connected to the relay4
        #define ON 0 //invert phase of digital writing for correct operation
        #define OFF 1 //the same

void setup() {//Instruction for 4 Relay board = External „+” voltage goes to JD-VCC and „-” to Ground. VCC from relay board goes to 5 volt Arduino Pin.
        pinMode(Relay1, OUTPUT); //define digital pin 5 from Relay 1 as output
        pinMode(Relay2, OUTPUT); //define digital pin 4 from Relay 2 as output
        pinMode(Relay3, OUTPUT); //define digital pin 3 from Relay 3 as output
        pinMode(Relay4, OUTPUT); //define digital pin 2 from Relay 4 as output
        Serial.begin(9600);//initialize serial print //good for debugging
        }

void loop() {
        int Batt1 = analogRead(A0);// read the input of Battery 1
        int Batt2 = analogRead(A1);// the same for Battery 2
        float voltage1 = Batt1 * (5.0 / 1023.0)*4.75; //last number is to convert voltage to real value, use it to fine tune your readings. It must be changed for each battery.
        float voltage2 = Batt2 * (5.0 / 1023.0)*4.75; //my voltage divisors use 1% precision resistors, so the results are similar, but feel free to test each voltage divisor and tune up for best performance
        Serial.print("Battery 1: ");Serial.println(voltage1);
        delay(1000);
        Serial.print("Battery 2: ");Serial.println(voltage2);
        delay(1000);
        if (voltage1<voltage2){ //Relay 1 and 3 from Battery 1 will close, Battery 2 is now active
        digitalWrite(Relay1, OFF);
        digitalWrite(Relay3, OFF);
        digitalWrite(Relay2, ON);
        digitalWrite(Relay4, ON);
        Serial.println("Battery 1 < Battery 2");
        }else{ //Relay 2 and 4 from Battery 2 will close, Battery 1 is now active
        digitalWrite(Relay1, ON);
        digitalWrite(Relay3, ON);
        digitalWrite(Relay2, OFF);
        digitalWrite(Relay4, OFF);
        Serial.println("Battery 2 < Battery 1");
        }
        }
        //the code it is still incomplete, must be implemented in the future:
        //1. some safety features
        //2. when voltage1 = voltage2, all relays should shut down
        Last edited by axxelxavier; 08-04-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Can you draw a simple block diagram of what it is your doing.

Charge one battery while discharging the other? Sorry I got lost. Its easy I am blond.

Matt

Comment

• Tin Man

I finally took the time to watch Tim Man's video of his test of the Matt motor. It wasn't exactly a Matt motor, but it did show what we expected it to show. There is a spike produced by the motor of a HIGHER voltage than the standing voltage of the battery, that when given a CHANCE, can act to charge the battery. That's the reason we run it between the positives OF BATTERIES instead of with a power supply as he used in his "replication." You can see how excited he gets when he puts the smoothing caps on and the spike goes away. This supposedly proves that what I have been saying is not true. Duh. What would you expect to happen? The problem with this replication is that it is NOT a replication. There is a reason we use batteries instead of a power supply. Batteries react FAVORABLY to that kind of spike. Does anyone believe the spike is going to "charge" the power supply? A scope is a much more accurate measure of voltage than a meter, and the scope showed the peak to peak voltage.That is a correct measurement. But what you ALL have to understand is that what we are interested in is the EFFECT this circuit has on the batteries. They charge better. The capacitance increases, and you get LONGER RUN TIMES. I have compared the stock motor to the Matt motor over long periods running the same generator attached to the same load, and the run times with the Matt motor are longer and MORE generated power is produced with that motor. Until you have done THAT test, I just am NOT going to pay TOO much attention to the silliness.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Proof again

Originally posted by Turion View Post
              I finally took the time to watch Tim Man's video of his test of the Matt motor. It wasn't exactly a Matt motor, but it did show what we expected it to show. There is a spike produced by the motor of a HIGHER voltage than the standing voltage of the battery, that when given a CHANCE, can act to charge the battery. That's the reason we run it between the positives OF BATTERIES instead of with a power supply as he used in his "replication." You can see how excited he gets when he puts the smoothing caps on and the spike goes away. This supposedly proves that what I have been saying is not true. Duh. What would you expect to happen? The problem with this replication is that it is NOT a replication. There is a reason we use batteries instead of a power supply. Batteries react FAVORABLY to that kind of spike. Does anyone believe the spike is going to "charge" the power supply? A scope is a much more accurate measure of voltage than a meter, and the scope showed the peak to peak voltage.That is a correct measurement. But what you ALL have to understand is that what we are interested in is the EFFECT this circuit has on the batteries. They charge better. The capacitance increases, and you get LONGER RUN TIMES. I have compared the stock motor to the Matt motor over long periods running the same generator attached to the same load, and the run times with the Matt motor are longer and MORE generated power is produced with that motor. Until you have done THAT test, I just am NOT going to pay TOO much attention to the silliness.
              Hi Turion,

This is what I've been after you to prove and what I think gotuluc (*meant to say tinman) was attempting to disprove:
              I have said for a long time that Matt’s motor put out more than goes in, ...
              It clearly does not put out more than goes in.

Yes, there is a short duration of reverse current each cycle. It shows on the scope along with a bump increase in voltage. This represents a power going to the source which makes power supplies behave badly, but would actually deliver a small charge pulse to a battery if that battery was used to drive the motor.

For your comparative test, too bad you didn't collect real data such as energy in and out.

Regards,

bi
              Last edited by bistander; 08-05-2018, 02:15 AM. Reason: Used other tester name*

Comment

• I love more than anything how the Bisexual shows up right after David says something. LOL
                No offense David but he has to attack the novice because for sure he is less of a man than Bromikey especially when it come to his primary concern of detracting any progress.

Tinmans Video showed exactly what David have been saying. When the spikes hit the power supply and raised the voltage it was clear the motor started going faster. How much faster we won't know because those people who sacrificed the integrity of there power supply has done the same thing and ignored the fact that the motor speed up. The power no matter how little returned to the smoothing capacitors of the power supply actually had an effect on the motor.

The motor has issues I have maintained that and we are looking to fix those issues. In do time, but how much more work is it capable of when it speeds up do to the fact it pushes power back? If you put in 24 volt 1.5 amp and the motor runs a load or not at 4500 rpms. You tune it to return power and gains to 4600 rpms. Well thats just a little bit more out than you put in...Isn't it?

The point is not how much you gain or return to source the point is we are trying to find something that does better job. I know the general opinion of the people who think we have done nothing, or its just failure, like Bisexual and tinman, but guarantee those people have done nothing. They have nothing, they want nothing, they are nothing and all you can do is ignore them until they provide insightful improvement. If they choose to ignore the positive while stating the negatives as all the truth, or as fact, then they are the people who mean nothing in search for progress. They are unintelligent cowards who have nothing to contribute. They should go away. Contribution is what makes you valuable. Something you have not done.

Matt
                Last edited by Matthew Jones; 08-05-2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Not

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                  ... If you put in 24 volt 1.5 amp and the motor runs a load or not at 4500 rpms. You tune it to return power and gains to 4600 rpms. Well thats just a little bit more out than you put in...Isn't it?
                  No it is not. That 36 watts (probably more) is still power into the motor. It may be returning a small fraction of that input power to the source battery, but not more out than you put in. The tests by gotuluc and Tinman clearly show what I'm saying.

Comment

• Lol

Bi,
                    The really funny part is that you don’t even know how MUCH you don’t know. And the very BEST part is that because you refuse to listen, you never WILL. So every time you act like a condescending ass hat, it makes me chuckle. I KNOW how much MY system can produce, and I also know how it can be made much more efficient. As for YOUR system... oh wait... you don’t HAVE a system do you? LMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                      Can you draw a simple block diagram of what it is your doing. Charge one battery while discharging the other? Sorry I got lost. Its easy I am blond.
                      Matt
                      Yes, Matt, you got it. It is the two battery setup, one batt is discharging while the second is charging. In the attach is the analogic version (which has been tested and it's working) of this arduino project.
                      The code it's in the sketch stage, there are scenarios which have to be tested, like 2 batteries fully charged, or a big load wich will push setup in a continuous loop open-close...
                      Best regards,
                      Teo
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                        Bi,
                        The really funny part is that you don’t even know how MUCH you don’t know. And the very BEST part is that because you refuse to listen, you never WILL. So every time you act like a condescending ass hat, it makes me chuckle. I KNOW how much MY system can produce, and I also know how it can be made much more efficient. As for YOUR system... oh wait... you don’t HAVE a system do you? LMFAO!
                        You know you would think that after while of pointing out we are all misinformed disillusioned idiots, he would just give up and go away. But he has nothing better to do than rehash that over and over. I am sorry to say that is sad. Don't wanna look, don't contribute, just sit around and insanely repeat yourself. I am not sure but I think if I was in that spot I would go get a life or something. I mean whats he trying to save...? Whats his purpose?
                        I'm not really worried about it though if anyone chooses to listen to him they can, good luck with that.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by axxelxavier View Post
                          Yes, Matt, you got it. It is the two battery setup, one batt is discharging while the second is charging. In the attach is the analogic version (which has been tested and it's working) of this arduino project.
                          The code it's in the sketch stage, there are scenarios which have to be tested, like 2 batteries fully charged, or a big load wich will push setup in a continuous loop open-close...
                          Best regards,
                          Teo
                          Thanks bud, I'll look through it all.

Matt

Comment

• My system

Bi,
                            Hi Turion,

My system, or the systems I endorse, of electrical energy conversion and energy storage, power the grid for the entire planet and do it extremely efficiently and reliably. How much useful energy has your system produced?

Keep laughing,

bi

Comment

• Lol

Bi,
                              I will. Thanks. The present system is NONE of the things you claim. It is expensive, unsightly, inefficient and an environmental disaster. So it’s all yours bud. Keep looking through your rose colored glasses while change creeps up and then passed you by. We have given you plenty of chances to get on board, but you aren’t interested. So just remember that. I know you will look back at all this with sincere regret some day, but you will have no one to blame but yourself.
                              Last edited by Turion; 08-05-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X