waste oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waste oil

Hi, A friend of mine is in the sludge business. He is looking at a contract for collecting waste oil from garages it is very expensive to dispose of this waste. How could he go about cleaning up the oil and reusing it as a fuel ?

Take a look at:

Alternative Energy Secrets Book <- not an affiliate link, but direct link to book page.

. . .
    Regular service Signature:
    Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
      Hi, A friend of mine is in the sludge business. He is looking at a contract for collecting waste oil from garages it is very expensive to dispose of this waste. How could he go about cleaning up the oil and reusing it as a fuel ?
      I would imagine by distilling the stuff.

These people are looking into doing this to plastic:
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...l-cheaply.html

There is another thread talking about tyres.

Comment

Hi has anyone seen or used Steve Chastain waste oil seperator ?
        Best Centrifuge Features

Comment

Hi all,

I am looking for help as I am confused which is the best system to produce diesel from waste oil. All producers say their system is the best.

I have looked at the following

Best Centrifuge Features

Raw Power Centrifuge

WasteOilDiesel.com - Used Oil Recycling Waste Oil Into Usable Diesel

Make an alternative diesel fuel from used petroleum oils.

Make your own biodiesel: Journey to Forever

Any info would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Comment

Hello Diesel,

My son and I have been making our own biodiesel for several years now. I do not know anything about making diesel out of used motor oil although I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to do it. I do want to caution you about one thing though. On the Journey to Forever site they talk about using straight vegetable oil or SVO. DO NOT DO this on any car you value at all. My son destroyed a perfectly good VW Rabbit this way and has a friend that also destroyed his Mercedes engine. Both engines were ruined by all the extra carbon that built up on the pistons and rings and eventually scored up the cylinder walls until all compression was so low the engine would no longer run. The long polymer chains in SVO just will not burn clean and cause all the damage. After that my son decided it would be better in the long run to just make biodiesel. The other advantage to using biodiesel is you can put it in any vehicle or tractor without having to modify the vehicle.

If you decide to use biodiesel you need to remember it will gel at a higher temperature so in the winter you will have to mix it with regular diesel if you live in a cold climate where the temps get below 30 degrees F or so. Good luck on your efforts.

Carroll
            Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Working...
            X