This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post

I don't know if this counts, but I'm guessing you're not "supposed" to be able to light 240 volt bulbs in your hand

Light, The Tesla Way-01 - TMT 72.4 Scale - YouTube

Also Eric has posted coil construction calculations in the other thread, the coil in that video was made using the equations labelled "20 turn secondary coil general formulae in centimetres" and "Tentative extra coil dimensions" Note: The calculation reckons the extra coil will be 50.25 turns but the conductor length is actually for 126 turns with the given dimensions.
    This was interesting. I've seen the video with the fluorescent lamp, and somebody explained it as the high frequency in the coil would cause ionization/excitation of the lamp's gas (which, at least without investigating it further, seemed to me like a reasonable explanation). But this is not a fluorescent lamp, and yet it lights up. Does anyone know some (established) theory that could explain it? While watching the video I notice that the person is holding the lamp on its second pole (not sure about the terminology here, I'm not a native english speaker). Could it be that some kind of ionization results in a current flowing from his hand (that somehow "absorbs" the ion charges from the surrounding air) to the earth?

Comment

• Originally posted by fefish View Post
      While watching the video I notice that the person is holding the lamp on its second pole (not sure about the terminology here, I'm not a native english speaker). Could it be that some kind of ionization results in a current flowing from his hand (that somehow "absorbs" the ion charges from the surrounding air) to the earth?
      The bulb requires something on the other terminal of the bulb, so the filament is not the "end of the line" so to speak. That is, in my mind at least, it needs something beyond the filament so it can flow THROUGH the filament and therefore light it. If it has no reason to pass through the filament then it won't light. I can hold the bulb in my hand, or attach any "capacitive" type contraption here, like a metal plate, fluorescent tube, bucket of soil, even another filament bulb or a short piece of wire. The "capacitance" of the object/material determines the brightness of the bulb. This is a similar experiment done a few months ago using a flat spiral coil, but with me in series before the bulb and another person as the capacitance. Using low power because it was the first test. The same can be done with the small TMT but apparently to a much more impressive degree, I don't have any video of that.

A Bulb In Hand(s) - YouTube

I don't believe the current is flowing from anything except the coil, but I'd also like to know what the established view on this is.
      http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• "The Radio Designers Handbook" also called "The Radiotron Designers Handbook"

Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post
        Could someone with the text "The Radiotron Designer's Handbook" see if there are any expressions for calculating sheet inductance? I'm looking for some tools for calculating the inductance of a primary loop made from flat copper sheet.
        @Geometric_Algebra &
        @Madhatter
        You can download the book here on my scribd.com page Radio Designers Handbook

@Fefish
        This is a good starting point to glean information for your coil design.
        Building a Tesla Coil Cold Electricity.pdf and Space Cat Tesla Coil Design How-to-Part-01.pdf

Good Skill and Perseverance

Mike

Comment

• fefish,
          Welcome aboard! Good to see some more 'academics' looking at this. If I may make a couple of suggestions as to help you understand this all without preconceptions from tertiary studies. First of all, think of the modern theory and the theory presented in these pages as completely unrelated. While it is true they are describing the same phenomena they are describing it from a completely different view point.

Also understand that the majority of the theory taught in modern academic circles is for steady state cases, or what Tesla calls continuous/undamped waves, however most of the phenomena we're dealing with come from transient/damped waves where a few rules aren't the same. If you take a look back a page or two you'll see a discussion on magnifying/amplifying power (NOT energy) where a misconception arose because the poster assumed that VI are constant which is NOT the case in transient phenomena which are in a constant state of growth and decay. I believe this is a more natural embodiment of electricity since there is nothing in the natural world which is steady state but is always under growth and decay (we live in a balanced cyclic universe) but alas I go off on a tangent.

As for a ready-to-go instruction set I believe Eric is getting the dimensions of the TMT from the Colorado Springs Notes and has just scaled it as to make it more accessible to the home-experimenter. So he's not just pulling them out of his arse, they are based on Tesla's experimental findings. They can be found very easily with a google search.

Gestalt is correct when he says that academic circles don't teach engineers like this but technical schools teach something similar to what we are discussing here. I have an electrician friend who understood what I was saying because he uses a 1 quadrant version of Eric's 4 quadrant theory and thus wasn't too hard to stretch his mind. He just didn't fully understand the rotations by j because he hasn't studied complex numbers. However you probably won't have this difficulty since you most likely studied them in your bachelor degree.

Watch Eric Dollard 2007 Presentation - Misconceptions of Electricity and More - YouTube after going over his books: Directory contents of /pdf/Eric_Dollard_Document_Collection/ and your understanding will greatly increase. Watch it as many times as you can because everytime you watch it you pick up on something new - the gift that keeps on giving. I wish I could give more details on technical construction but I am unable to start construction due to financial issues.

As a side note does anyone know if anything more has been done about recovering the 16 hours of SFTS lecture footage Eric has done?

Raui
          Scribd account; http://www.scribd.com/raui

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
            The following are two responses written via 'snail mail' from Eric to a 'Juliet Charlie' on the N6KPH Yahoo group. They are detailed tuning methods for all interested in getting a true Tesla Coil up and running.

http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Eric_Dollard_.../27APR2012.pdf

http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Eric_Dollard_...n/3MAY2012.pdf

Dave
            Does somebody have a program that can dissect each page of these pdf's and post them on this thread? Eric is very adamant about having visible streamlining of his comments without links.

Or Juliet Charlie, can you post the originals using photobucket? You can email them to me and I will post them if you don't want to sign up for that service.

Thanks

Comment

• Eric Dollard Tesla Coil build help Transmission

I just uploaded to my site in jpeg form: Additional Posts by E.P.Dollard 2012 » Gestalt Reality | Gestalt Reality

A collection of Eric Dollards latest posts and writings on my website: Gestalt Reality - Eric Dollard

Comment

• 2nd Document

A collection of Eric Dollards latest posts and writings on my website: Gestalt Reality - Eric Dollard

Comment

• url problem?

Originally posted by h2ocommuter
                  html link is not using the new post and thread url in my e-mail notification.

I can't seem to find the new update posts.

Thanks in advance.
                  Zane
                  Zane, I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you subscribed to the thread and new post notifications are giving you a url that doesn't bring you to the actual post anymore? Please clarify.

thanks!
                  Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                  Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                  RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Originally posted by Gestalt View Post
                    Building a TC is not as simple as going to a store, buying a kit and following instructions. The TC requires complex tuning and setup that you wont be able to do unless you understand exactly how it works. Thus understanding Erics theory is crucial in building a TMT. He has given instructions, however they are interspersed with lots of theory. Hence why you need to read through his posts/transmissions.

The goal is to understand first and then replicate what Eric Dollard accomplished 20 years ago and what Tesla accomplished over 100 years ago.

Write a thesis on Eric Dollard himself. You can always do the crystal set initiative, or play around with a Tesla "Hairpin" which is just the primary of the TMT...but has some neat unconventional effects. Also watch the Dollard videos, there are numerous experiments in there that you can replicate that show some of these unconventional effects.

Like Armagdn03 said, you want to stick with the old school analogue. Sadly very little of this is taught in the annals of modern dogmatic academia. You want to get your hands on the nitty gritty, stuff usually only taught in tech institutes and trade schools. It's the utility side stuff, Transformers, Transmission lines, Generators, Motors, Relaying, Switching, some basics such as communications/antenna design may be of minor benefit. You want to understand and work with electricity in a real tangible way.
                    Thanks for all the tips! I will consider writing about Eric Dollard actually, but first I have to read all his theory and see whether it is as reasonable as it seems (no offence here, it's just that I don't know Eric as good as many of you do here). And when that is done, I'll have to present this theory to my examiner and hope that he accepts that I write about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raui View Post
                      fefish,
                      Welcome aboard! Good to see some more 'academics' looking at this. If I may make a couple of suggestions as to help you understand this all without preconceptions from tertiary studies. First of all, think of the modern theory and the theory presented in these pages as completely unrelated. While it is true they are describing the same phenomena they are describing it from a completely different view point.

Also understand that the majority of the theory taught in modern academic circles is for steady state cases, or what Tesla calls continuous/undamped waves, however most of the phenomena we're dealing with come from transient/damped waves where a few rules aren't the same. If you take a look back a page or two you'll see a discussion on magnifying/amplifying power (NOT energy) where a misconception arose because the poster assumed that VI are constant which is NOT the case in transient phenomena which are in a constant state of growth and decay. I believe this is a more natural embodiment of electricity since there is nothing in the natural world which is steady state but is always under growth and decay (we live in a balanced cyclic universe) but alas I go off on a tangent.

As for a ready-to-go instruction set I believe Eric is getting the dimensions of the TMT from the Colorado Springs Notes and has just scaled it as to make it more accessible to the home-experimenter. So he's not just pulling them out of his arse, they are based on Tesla's experimental findings. They can be found very easily with a google search.

Gestalt is correct when he says that academic circles don't teach engineers like this but technical schools teach something similar to what we are discussing here. I have an electrician friend who understood what I was saying because he uses a 1 quadrant version of Eric's 4 quadrant theory and thus wasn't too hard to stretch his mind. He just didn't fully understand the rotations by j because he hasn't studied complex numbers. However you probably won't have this difficulty since you most likely studied them in your bachelor degree.

Watch Eric Dollard 2007 Presentation - Misconceptions of Electricity and More - YouTube after going over his books: Directory contents of /pdf/Eric_Dollard_Document_Collection/ and your understanding will greatly increase. Watch it as many times as you can because everytime you watch it you pick up on something new - the gift that keeps on giving. I wish I could give more details on technical construction but I am unable to start construction due to financial issues.

As a side note does anyone know if anything more has been done about recovering the 16 hours of SFTS lecture footage Eric has done?

Raui
                      Thanks
                      I will consider what you have written here. Actually I already have Eric's document collection offline since a couple of weeks back, going through it at every possible occasion. I've also watched an hour or so of that video, and I get the main ideas, but unfortunately I feel that I loose a lot because of the bad audio recording (at least it's hard for a non-native english speaker like me). Would be great if someone added subtitles to that video!

/fefish

Comment

• Konstantin Meyl

By the way, being interested in Teslas work I ran across Konstantin Meyl and his experiments. Any opinions/facts about him and his experiments and/or claims? I haven't yet been able to determine whether he's honest or not...

/fefish

Comment

• Originally posted by fefish View Post
                          By the way, being interested in Teslas work I ran across Konstantin Meyl and his experiments. Any opinions/facts about him and his experiments and/or claims? I haven't yet been able to determine whether he's honest or not...

/fefish
                          Use the search function on the forum to see all the previous conversation about that researcher. You can do this with almost any name in the free energy community, there has been a lot of discussion over the years, and tons of great archived information.

Comment

• Love you site

@ Gestalt

I had not seen your site until today. It is awesome.

Comment

• Is Tesla longitudinal or the near field, far field?

I am sorry for posting here, but I am trying to get in touch with Peter Lindeman or Eric Dollard. I am a big fan of Nikola Tesla and his wireless energy and communications. Tesla claimed he was using longitudinal waves. His critics say he was using the near field and far field. One critic states that Tesla was using the Goubau transmission line or "G-line." The URL is: Tesla's Big Mistake?. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Comment

• Hi teslatek:
                                I recommend you read Nikola Tesla "Colorado Springs Notes 1899-1900" and then tell us where did Tesla use "long and very narrow secondary".
                                I hope you do your home work. I also urge you to look at some of Eric Dollard's videos demonstrating longitudinal waves. Please come back to the forum after done your "assignments" and tell us what do you think.
                                For the book you may contact "info@bnpublishing.com", to look at the videos go to "Borderland Sciences Research Foundation" on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X