X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thugugly View Post
    T-Rex

Ufopolitics has given us a gift, he, as well as other people, have videod a green color, which is only visable on frame review, which then visable becomes purple, then Orange then normal light as the frequency is adjusted up into low khz, not even that high.

The neons are being lit on the cold side of diodes, where they should not light.

This is the radiant field being drawn into the circuit.

Check out the thread

"My motors got me tapped into radiant energy"

Thug
    The green discharges also show up in "Gray Tube" and plasma spark experiments. And is not copper related.

I've been working with discharges for a while now. I ran into a road block when I could not find an affordable diode capable of withstanding the 1000A+ surge current and blocking 12kV. And it needs to be pretty fast as well.

Comment

• Oa4g

The OA4G is available from Ebay anywhere from $10 to $20 each plus shipping.

Comment

• Tuning of secondary coil

Originally posted by T-rex View Post
        ..... Finally, the secondary is made to be operated with a large external tuning condenser such as 2 six inch disks with variable spacing, or a large transmitting neutralizing condenser.
        Hi Eric:
        I will redo the testing as per you instruction. What I did so far was based on the procedures described in post #181 of 4/9/12. For the "Tuning setup - secondary coil" I did not notice any tuning condenser, so where do I connect it? Also I will connect the Function Generator + and - together as shown in the posting and connect the negative of the "Field intensity meter" to the ground plane. Also, is the secondary's end ring connected to the top of the secondary coil for this test?

Comment

• Originally posted by jake View Post
          The green discharges also show up in "Gray Tube" and plasma spark experiments. And is not copper related.

I've been working with discharges for a while now. I ran into a road block when I could not find an affordable diode capable of withstanding the 1000A+ surge current and blocking 12kV. And it needs to be pretty fast as well.

This brings up a good point, the circuits for this type of work will more than likely need to be analog, the digital transistorized 'quantum' components are not going to perform or behave in the desired manner.

the downside is that analog components and power sources are expensive and getting harder to get daily. I'd like to say it's the march of progress and the obsolete tech is inferior, in actuality the analog components are superior and behave in all sorts of interesting manners. it would seem then that's its a more orchestrated thing.

Comment

• Testing

Originally posted by Nhopa View Post
            Hi Eric:
            Also I will connect the Function Generator + and - together as shown in the posting...
            Well, I tried to connect the Function Generator output to it's own ground, as shown in post #181 of 4/9/12, but as expected this kills the signal. So what is the correct hook-up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nhopa View Post
              Well, I tried to connect the Function Generator output to it's own ground, as shown in post #181 of 4/9/12, but as expected this kills the signal. So what is the correct hook-up?
              I think it should look like this. I tilted the one loop test coil a little bit so you can see the connections better but it should be orientated like the secondary.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you jake, this will work, but I still don't know where to hook-up the large adjustable capacitor and should the 1/4" dia copper end ring tied to the upper end of the secondary coil. The difference in reading is about 400 Kc.

Comment

• Avramenko Patent

Eric,

here is Avramenko patent on one wire transmission of power using displacement current.

he is using a parameter variation, the details of which elude me; but I've yet to print this out and really study it. I've only read through it once late last night. hopefully, you will figure it out.

Orion

Comment

• Secondary Tuning

The oscillators I used were large Navy exciters but a solid state version may need more turns of finer wire like #22 and 6 turns. The copper end rings are the capacitor to start with. The secondary high lead connects to the bottom ring and the neutral lead connects to the top ring. A sheet of glass can separate the two, sandwiched between top and bottom rings.

73 DE N6KPH
                    SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
                    Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

Thank you jake, this will work, but I still don't know where to hook-up the large adjustable capacitor and should the 1/4" dia copper end ring tied to the upper end of the secondary coil. The difference in reading is about 400 Kc.
                      Yes. The 1/4" copper ring needs to be connected to the top of the secondary. It essentially becomes the final turn of the secondary.

Do not know about the neutralizing condenser. I was under the impression that the secondary served as both inductor and condenser.

When u add the primary with capacitor it will drop the frequency of the primary/secondary setup. It will get you close to your calculated freq. At that point you would add the extra coil. Then your beating me cuz I ain't there yet.

Good luck

Comment

• went on a little shopping spree yesterday and picked up a couple of each,
                        OA4G, OA2, OD3, OA3, JAN 2050 & a 3C45.

Eric, are the 866's X, AX etc. mercury rectifier tubes useful?
                        Also it seems that the Ukraine has an abundance of Mil-spec tubes for sale.

Comment

but I still don't know where to hook-up the large adjustable capacitor
                          One plate connects to top of secondary, and the other plate connects to bottom of secondary.
                          http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lambda View Post
                              Hi Eric,
                              I'm very appreciative for all of the great information you have been posting lately, nearly ready to get back to work on all of this stuff, hopefully less than a week. I know you have been putting a vast amount of time into your writing as it takes me quite a while to digest everything, again thank you!

For the secondary & extra coil, is there other coax that will work well, although it would be a compromise, as the RG-316 is quite expensive. I already have several rolls of RG-8 & RG-8/U (low loss for VHF/UHF) that are extra since installing my tower here, and I recall you preferred to have a hollow secondary. Also have ~1000' of Commscope quad-shielded RG-6 CATV cable (coax is labeled as PR2712 F6SSVV 7461614), but I don't believe that'd be suitable.

Have you been back to John's in Morro Bay, there has been a PRC-47 waiting for you there since April 20th that I purchased on ebay. The previous owner I bought it from claims it is in full operating condition (stated it worked fine and he used it until the wind took his antenna down). John sent me pictures of it, it looks to be in good condition physically. I hope it get's you back on the air at full output power and perhaps I can work you someday on 40m CW.

Cheers,
                              Mike

73 DE WX9HV
                              Mike,
                              The PRC-47 was received. There were some broken parts that were replaced. It seemingly works. It receives ok, tomorrow will test transmitting. Thank you for the gift.

73 DE N6KPH
                              SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
                                Mike,
                                The PRC-47 was received. There were some broken parts that were replaced. It seemingly works. It receives ok, tomorrow will test transmitting. Thank you for the gift.

73 DE N6KPH
                                Your welcome Eric, thank you for the education that I couldn't obtain anywhere else. Really appreciate you hanging in there and taking us under your wing. I'm a little disappointed that there were any broken parts at all, glad you had the parts and able to make repairs.. I emailed the seller back and forth for nearly a month beforehand and he assured me there is nothing wrong what so ever. There was only one other PRC-47 I could find online for sale, they could do a visual inspection only, and not able to test it in any way, and as you know thats a no-go for buying a rig like this! Please let me know if it transmitts at full power or if the tubes are soft. Perhaps I'll catch u on 40m someday. Hope you do your bidaily transmissions again!

Regards,
                                Mike

73 DE WX9HV
                                Last edited by Lambda; 05-28-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X