This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amigo View Post
    Saying that you won't have internet access means you won't be around internet cafes, libraries, or other free public terminals? Perhaps you could still come out of the bushes to at least drop us a note or two every once in a while?
    Eric is just going back to the area that he prefers to exist. He goes to the coffee shop every morning and if somebody has a computer, he tries to read the forum. When he is 'in the bushes' he spends most of his time writing then mails me the manuscript which I type and post. There will still be interaction so don't worry.

Also, if anybody is building anything prescribed by Eric and would like some direction, send an info pack with pictures and data to the general delivery address in Lone Pine which can be found on the N6KPH Yahoo group. If it isn't packed full of stupid questions, he will respond. Geometric_Algebra is a testament to that.

Dave

Comment

• It is easy to say forget, forgive, and lose your anger. It is all too simple to think you would know what others may feel or what you would do in a hard spot, but honestly and sadly; it is impossible to fully empathize with anyone or their feelings. I wish him the best and hope that someone will lift him back up to the position and status he deserves.

Comment

• Thomas Henry Moray

Originally posted by Nhopa View Post
        I am member of this forum since last summer. This is the "energetic forum" yet I have not seen one reference to or comment on T.H. Moray's experiment. He was Tesla's contemporary and thinking along much the same lines as Tesla. One of Dr. Moray's publication is called "Beyond the Light-Rays, Explanations of Oscillations of Radiant Energy". There is more information at rexresearch.com about Thomas Henry Moray's "The Sea of Energy". Any comments?
        Nhopa,
        THM is the reason why I went back into Vacuum Tubes as some of the Tubes today will be able to emulate THM's discoveries and why I have focussed on Photo and Multiplier types.
        Philo T Farnsworth is another I follow closely for the same reason as they were working in the same area and what they produced was not necessarily taken up by the mainstream for the right reason, more subject to ego, social status and money/greed.
        There are facts hidden back in those days of the 20/30s that were not used because they displayed phenomena that we currently seek and were steadily designed out of a manufactured product.
        Tesla was the only smart one amidst all of this crowd as he stood his ground without the weaknesses.

Anybody know where the Tesla quote wrt '3.6.9' came from would be appreciated.
        Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• Secondary tuning test results. Metallic connection to meter test first.

Using 20 Turn Secondary calculations

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...aryCoil001.jpg

F = 3670000 cycles/sec

Height = 4.08cm
          Diameter = 20.7cm
          Number of turns = 20
          Calculated wire length = 13.07 metres
          Wire used after octagon shaping of thin wire around frame = Approx 12.92 metres 26 SWG
          Approx 18.9 grams of copper in coil

No variable condenser used with secondary for any of the following tests.

Test Coil = 1 turn 1.5mm wire

Setup

Frequency Sweep

Notes

Metallic connection
          Wire length from top ring to meter approx 20cm
          Wire length from meter to beer can approx 12cm
          Beer can = 440ml
          Longer signal generator USB (power supply) cable decreases meter reading from 84µA to 80µA

Signal Generator Output
          Vrms = 441mV
          Vpeak/peak = 1.32V

Coil Peak Output

84µA @ 3478.5 kc
          Last edited by dR-Green; 06-11-2012, 07:37 AM.
          http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Setup

Frequency Sweep

Notes

Condenser rings connection
            Distance between rings = 3.5cm
            Test coil to secondary distance = 6mm
            Ground plane to bottom of secondary distance = 5.88cm

Signal Generator Output
            Vrms = 1.203V
            Vpeak/peak = 3.56V

Coil Peak Output

94µA @ 4020.8 kc
            Last edited by dR-Green; 06-11-2012, 07:33 AM.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Setup

Frequency Sweep

Notes

Condenser rings connection
              Test coil to secondary distance = 1cm

Signal Generator Output
              Vrms = 1.203V
              Vpeak/peak = 3.56V

Coil Peak Output

98µA @ 4034.5 kc

Next test will be the extra coil.
              Last edited by dR-Green; 06-11-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
                We appear to be very limited here as to what we can display with reference to pdfs other than providing URLs which is not always possible and why I use the Yahoo 'n6kph' site for that singular purpose.

Smokey
                Hey smokey,

Whenever I need to post something from a pdf I just take a screenshot with the "prtscn" button, paste it into microsoft paint, edit it and save it as a jpeg so you can display it on the forum

John
                Please help support my indiegogo campaign: Cosmic Induction Generator

Comment

• Dr. Green:
                  Looks good. Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Crystal Set without Coils

Originally posted by jpolakow View Post
                    Hey smokey,

Whenever I need to post something from a pdf I just take a screenshot with the "prtscn" button, paste it into microsoft paint, edit it and save it as a jpeg so you can display it on the forum

John
                    John,
                    Thanks but was looking at something a bit larger than 1 page.

Crystal Set without Coils:
                    Just took the Headphone 1N34 pickup head out to my aerial which is a green plastic covered 14awg clothesline restring product 30 meters long and was able to receive the local AM Station without a Coil.
                    Signal level at level 1 where you can just make out what they are saying.
                    Brought out the working Extra Coil and signal level increased dramatically to level 5.
                    In retrospect may now take out a variable condenser across the coil and see what else I can get.

Finished the former ends for the new Extra coil and will wind tomorrow using 11 awg vice 14.

Just received a 1964 ARRL Handbook as they have been snapped up on Ebay here in Oz but nobody wanted this one and in excellent condition and cheap.
                    Covers 'tank circuits' as Eric advised plus much more.

Smokey

Comment

• Hey everybody,

I just want to let everybody know that Eric has something in the works as far as a laboratory goes. He said that it is called "Area 52" and it is in an undisclosed location. At least he will not be bored in the bushes all day starting soon.

Eric only has one financier who is funding this all out of his personal pocket. If anybody can donate what they can afford to help supplement the funds being used for the start up of the lab, the help would be most appreciated. If anybody is thinking about donating a substantial amount and feel uncomfortable with using the PayPal medium, PM me and I can forward you to either Eric or his financier.

Since I am not Eric, I will refrain from discussing what will happen in this new laboratory since I am unsure of how much information he wants to disclose. After all, it is Area 52.

Dave
                      Last edited by Web000x; 06-14-2012, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                        Hey everybody,

I just want to let everybody know that Eric has something in the works as far as a laboratory goes.
                        Dave
                        That is great news Dave! Perhaps when I get settled in from my move I will be able to free some money to help.

On an aside, I was reading a lot of Tesla material last night and it reminded me that his greatest accomplishment and the work that occupied his latter years was on the impulse. That is where the true magnifying coil came from.

I am wondering if anyone has done any work on the short pulse capacitive discharge impulse side of things instead of trying to force the pure electrostatic out of his normal coils? It would seem to me that would be the best way to get the longitudinal wave with no TEM component.

If anyone has information or links as to how Tesla did that with an oil submerged magnetic spark gap, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Orion

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                          How do you find out the output impedance of an oscillator if it doesn't say it in the manual?
                          For this you will need a voltmeter, and a 0-500 Ohm resistor (rheostat). Put the voltmeter on the test oscillator and adjust the output of the oscillator until it reads 100% scale on the voltmeter. Now put the variable resistor across the output of the oscillator, with the voltmeter connected to it as well. Now adjust the resistance of the rheostat until the voltmeter reads 50% of what it was initially. Disconnect the variable resistor and measure the resistance of its setting. That is the output impedance of the oscillator. Now the voltage is divided evenly between the internal and external impedance. This is how you measure the impedance of any source of alternating or direct current.

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                            Busy...

Just finished this less than an hour ago. Do what you will to validate E.P. Dollard.

Dave
                            Hi Dave,
                            You might want to consider silver plating your MWO coils. It will stop the corrosion and make the surface more able to radiate. It will also cover up the toxicity of the copper. There are various wipe on silver coatings you can use.
                            Here is one:
                            Cool-Amp

Also there are various liquid silver platings used to coat silverware. Or you could consider electroplating it

Comment

• Thanks John,

I would like to eventually coat them, but for the time being (financial issues), I just bought some compound from ACE hardware that is used in copper to copper connections that keeps the copper from corroding. I just smeared a small layer on and wiped it off. It seemed to do the trick because now a greasy finger print will just wipe right off without a trace. Unfortunately, I had already touched the copper traces before I applied this compound so there are permanent blemishes already. Do you think gold plating or silver plating is more effective for increasing radiation?

Also, if you speak to Eric, ask him what he thinks the chances are that I'll get F'ed with by the FCC since I am continuously (40 to 60 Hz) discharging about 5000 volts from a 500 pF capacitor into an antenna that ranges from around 300 MHz to 5 GHz?

Dave
                              Last edited by Web000x; 06-14-2012, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Extra Coil Math

First for Eric to consider which was posted at 'n6kph':

There are problems with Eric's 'Tentative Extra Coil Dimensions' as they do not equate to what Tesla was actually using.
                                This is not a criticism but 'Tentative' means exactly that and is open for change by looking at the CSNote data available and what I have worked to and find I have a working 'Crystal Set' which models Tesla's TMT using Telluric current from an AM Radio Station that is of only 2 Kw.

Several discrepancies are made apparent and they are:
                                1. Diameter ratio Primary/Secondary to Extra is 6:1 (Don't think this is of consequence as it would be physically too small for the 'Crystal Set' and the important data is wire length and to be determined wire size)
                                2. Secondary wire size original was 37 turns of 10awg to match the Primary which consisted of 37 of 10 awg wires in a twisted core.
                                Final turns used was 17 which relates to a mass ratio of Secondary/Primary of 17/37 = 0.46 or about 1/2 the mass.
                                3. Extra Coil final is 100 turns of 6 awg with 2 turns of 10 awg meaning the wire is larger in the Extra than in the Secondary.
                                4. Primary = 2 turns
                                5. Secondary = 17 turns, Length = 2630.3' or 801.7m of 10 awg (2.69mm, 5.7 sq mm)
                                6. Extra = 100 turns, Length = 2591.8' or 790m of 6 awg (4.11mm, 13.3 sq mm)
                                7. Secondary and Extra are nearly of the same length
                                8. Secondary/Extra wire mass ratio = 5.7/13.3 = 0.43, meaning the Extra contains about 2x the Copper mass as the Secondary.

Eric may like to change his 'tentative' data so that it more closely matches the 'real' data.
                                This is going to be difficult for him to do as he does not have a Lab available nor a 'Crystal Set' but may be able to model on paper from the data above.
                                However, will do my best to produce a Math that resembles Teslas which I have already begun as previously indicated.

You can change your Extra using the following Math based on above 'real' data:
                                1. Your Station Frequency * (pi/2) * 4 and then use a standard 1/4 wave calculator like this one to get your wire length:

2. FREQUENCY & WAVELENGTH CALCULATOR

3. Calculate your length for one turn and divide into the above answer to get your turn number.
                                This will give you an Extra Coil that responds as intended and models a TMT.

Sample Math of my system for Extra Coil:
                                1. 1.557 * (pi/2) = 2.4457 Mhz * 4 = 9.7829 Mhz
                                2. 30.645 meters, 30645mm
                                3. 2piR = 613.24 mm - 30645/613.24 = 50 turns
                                Use the same size wire as the Secondary or double for the 'real' mass where mine is 14 awg and should use a 9 awg but am using 14 in my working coil.
                                Once again this is a 'tentative' but working calculation that is still in need of refinement.
                                As I reported earlier that my Extra tuned on turn 45 but is best volume at final turn 55 and need to reason why.

Having problems with 'C':
                                Wire Length = C/2piF = 300,000,000/2*pi*1,557,000
                                Ls = 30.666 meters
                                Which matches the Sample Math above where Secondary and Extra Coil lengths are the same.

As a consequence of the above and I am unable to refine the 'real' Math then I will build another Extra of double the length or turns as I expect this to continue to amplify to infinity.
                                I repeat that this is not a condemnation of Eric's Extra Coil data but something that is based on the 'real' data that will give you what was intended by the original CRI.

Smokey

Comment

Working...
                                X