X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FuzzyTomCat View Post
    Hi everyone,

Well I got it together and now have a "LIVE" Broadcast site to to the testing and evaluation on the Rosemary Ainslie COP heater circuit and others .... but ... in doing so I had to come up with a "CHANNEL" name and it's called .....

Open Source Research and Development - live streaming video powered by Livestream

The strange thing is you must supply videos for some time to be a verified channel and somehow this was bypassed .... possibly because of the name I chose .... don't know this was in the e-mail .....

Effective immediately, you can now stream to unlimited concurrent viewers. In addition, your Livestream Free channel is now listed at livestream.com and is available via search or by browsing the Channel Guide. Plus, your channel is now eligible for promotion in throughout the Livestream Network.

I am broadcasting "RIGHT NOW" for the first time as a dry run .....

Glen
    FANTASTIC FUZZY.

Comment

• I also have a channel

Hi Glen and all

I also have a channel which as of yet I have not used, it goes under the name of Centraflowsystems.

I have never tried it out yet, but I am thinking of doing so as a tool to do ongoing experiments with instant input from others as to what they would like to see in real time.

The problem might be that I am GMT+1 like Rosemary, but I suppose a time could be set up to suit all.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
        Hi Glen and all

I also have a channel which as of yet I have not used, it goes under the name of Centraflowsystems.

I have never tried it out yet, but I am thinking of doing so as a tool to do ongoing experiments with instant input from others as to what they would like to see in real time.

The problem might be that I am GMT+1 like Rosemary, but I suppose a time could be set up to suit all.

Mike
        that's fantastic news Mike. I for one find this viewing absolutely compelling and would love to see your set up live as fuzzy is doing. What fun.

Comment

• "LIVE" Broadcast

Hi Everyone,

I have another "LIVE" streaming video broadcast with a chat room going on right now demonstrating the operation of the Rosemary Ainslie COP Heater Circuit Replication if anyone would like to check it out for the next 12 to 24 hours ...

Open Source Research and Development - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Best Regards,
          Glen
          Open Source Experimentalist
          Open Source Research and Development

Comment

• An Essay On The Subject Of Changing Paradigms

Guys, bear with me. I've written my own little essay on energy here. Sorry it's so long.

I've deleted the article here because it's been published and I think I've forfeited ownership of this for the next 48 hours or so.
            Last edited by witsend; 12-30-2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Well written Rosemary, you have a lovely way with words, I wish I could write like that

Mike

Comment

• Thanks Mike. Just trying to change the presentation on a rather repetitive theme that I'm trying to drum home. Keep hoping the occassional academic visits the forum and will start wondering why they never see these facts published in their journals.

Bit long winded - decidedly too flowery - but my best shot at an overview. LOL

EDIT. Btw. Just seen our readership is also at a tipping point. As I write the number is 99 999. Got to be auspicious.
                Last edited by witsend; 12-28-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• I agree with Mike; Rose, that is beautiful work there. And i like the much less "confrontational" style of it, which i have often been accurately accused of over-doing

Comment

• I was always taught that if at first you don't succeed try and try again, I think it is good advice, like learning, keep repeting untill you have it fixed in your mind, it is the only way.

Mike

Comment

• Hi Jibbs. Thanks for the supportive comments. I assure you that there is nothing too confrontational in your writing. I sincerely believe that both approaches are required. And I also assure you that my own writing is way, way too generalised. We, the public, depend on your abilities to marshall enough facts together to show the evidence of suppression. I only complain. And my writing has always been excessively descriptive. It's how I duck reference to the facts that you can assemble with such apparent ease.

But - to the point - I do think that the actual target of our complaint is not the academic. My own experience of them is that they are enquiring and interested and way more knowledgeable and disciplined than I could ever hope to be. The problem is with those few who decide what facts to allow published. That's an amazing control that they exercise. And no self-respecting academic will openly associate with any challenge to Thermodynamic Laws unless it comes to them through their reviewed journals. Else they'll be accused of being cooks. I think Dr Stiffler could tell us more about this. It's those few who determine what to publish and when - they are the the real culprits to the furtherance of this knowledge and of all our hard work in this field. Hopefully they'll be challenged by the academics themselves - eventually.

Meanwhile it won't hurt to complain. And guys, the appeal is still there. Anyone with any reach into any academic forum - please repeat these arguments if and when you get an opportunity. Every bit helps.
                      Last edited by witsend; 12-29-2009, 02:31 AM.

Comment

• Paper

Guys, this is the news from the IEEE. Not all bad. It's been proposed that we submit this to an alternate journal within the IEEE. We still have to discuss this as a group - but it's a whole lot better than an outright rejection.

Date: Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 5:59 AM
                        Subject: Paper TPWRD-00893-2009, by Mr. Ashtweth Palise, Open source evaluation of power transients generated to improve performance coefficient of resistive heating systems.
                        To: ashtweth@gmail.com
                        Cc: pesdecisions@ieee.org, iravani@ecf.utoronto.ca

Paper Title: Open source evaluation of power transients generated to improve performance coefficient of resistive heating systems.

We regret to advise you that the Reviewing Committee is unable
                        to accept the subject paper for publication as a PES Transactions paper even with possible revisions.

Enclosed please find the comments of the reviewers that should
                        serve to explain the recommendation of the reviewing committee.
                        I hope you will find the explanations satisfactory. Although we
                        could not accept this paper, we hope that you will consider
                        Transactions on Power Delivery for other papers in the future.

We thank you for your continued interest in the Power Engineering Society.

COMMENTS TO THE AUTHORS:
                        Editor's Comments:

Editor
                        Editor Comments for Author:
                        We suggest this paper to be sumitted for review to the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics or Industry Applications. This rejection is an administrative decision and not based on the paper content.

Reviewers' Comments:

Reviewer: 1
                        Comments to the Author
                        After the initial review we concluded that the paper is more suitable for IEEE Transactions on Industrial electronics and not Power Delivery.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Reza Iravani
                        Editor in Chief
                        Transactions on Power Delivery
                        iravani@ecf.utoronto.ca

Comment

• Damn, i do hope you guys arent going to get the "run-around" here...being passed from one department to the next with refusals all along the way

fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by rave154 View Post
                            Damn, i do hope you guys arent going to get the "run-around" here...being passed from one department to the next with refusals all along the way

fingers crossed
                            Me too rave. I think Iravani may have dropped this like a hot potato. But the new journal suggestions were also an 'admin' decision. Hopefully it was also well considered.

Comment

• Transactions on Power Delivery deal primarily with the transmission of power from a source to a load. So this decision does not surprise me, but after the difficulty I received in trying to get the paper properly formatted for submission I felt it best to step back and let the path take a familiar course through Iravani's Dept. rather than introduce new variables into the process. Personally, I'm not certain that this falls into the confines of the 'Industrial' arena either, but if we think of it in terms of heat exchangers I can see why IEEE would think it to be a close match. The underlying thesis would probably be better suited to IOP or the like.

The best approach in these cases is to follow the directions of the editor. Be prepared to provide additional information for Industrial application of the process.

Cheers,

Harvey
                              "Amy Pond, there is something you need to understand, and someday your life may depend on it: I am definitely a madman with a box." ~The Doctor

Comment

• one 12v battery only

Hi guys anyone did manage to use one 12v battery only to this circuit using an inverter to the 24v side?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X