X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Ash, that's a really big document you've referenced. Really great stuff.

And I can't wait to see the tests. It's happening - all over the place. Exciting times guys.

Comment

• heater resistance

Hi guys about the heater resistance it should be 32mm to work as shown on the schematic?
      Can one use a normal nichrome filament heater?
      Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
        Hi guys about the heater resistance it should be 32mm to work as shown on the schematic?
        Can one use a normal nichrome filament heater?
        Thanks
        Hi Guruji,

The heater or inductive resistor is 10 ohms and the outside diameter is 32mm.

Through most everyone's testing using a standard 10 ohm wire wound resistor "off the shelf" type similar to the one I tried which was a 100 watt "MEMCOR" #7931 brand name which has a much smaller outside diameter of approximately 19mm does not have the same circuit effect or results.

I see no problems in using a heating element that uses a nichrome filament wire as the custom prototype resistors I'm using has "Ni Cr" type "A" 80% nickel, 20% chromium wire being used in it's construction as shown in my POST # 2684

Regards,
        Glen
        Open Source Experimentalist
        Open Source Research and Development

Comment

• Heater element

Originally posted by FuzzyTomCat View Post
          Hi Guruji,

The heater or inductive resistor is 10 ohms and the outside diameter is 32mm.

Through most everyone's testing using a standard 10 ohm wire wound resistor "off the shelf" type similar to the one I tried which was a 100 watt "MEMCOR" #7931 brand name which has a much smaller outside diameter of approximately 19mm does not have the same circuit effect or results.

I see no problems in using a heating element that uses a nichrome filament wire as the custom prototype resistors I'm using has "Ni Cr" type "A" 80% nickel, 20% chromium wire being used in it's construction as shown in my POST # 2684

Regards,
          Glen
          Wow Fuzzy that's a nice job about that heater element
          I have an old tv and going to use it's arial hope that it stands heat
          I try and see what happens. Still waiting for my mosfet to arrive.
          Thanks

Comment

• Hi guys,

I've had a few off forum requests for an update on the paper's submission. We're still trying to reach the editor who is responsible for TIE submissions. I think the holidays have mitigated against this. But hopefully soon. As soon as the correct channel and journal is established I'll post more.

Meanwhile, Mike, Fuzzy, - thanks for the extraordinary work done through your live broadcasts. The response was extraordinary. And Jibbs, your article hung up there in the top 20 for a really long time. Clearly there's interest and clearly we're getting the word out. Extraordinary the advances that are evident - and coming thick and fast and from all over the place. It's really good news.

EDIT I hope this is not entirely off topic. It's just so interesting I thought I'd post a link.
            YouTube - baja 22 063.avi
            Last edited by witsend; 01-08-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• crashing through the energy barrier

Hi Guys,

More of the same. This exercise was done as a basis for a press release that I hope will happen sometime soon.

Crashing Through the Energy Barrier Final for DS-2

By the way - Fuzzy and Mike, if you go live again please remember to post links here. Many thanks guys.
              Last edited by witsend; 01-09-2010, 12:08 PM. Reason: reminder

Comment

• Still at it and still around

Hi all

Still here and working to clean up my security. It happened again with the e-mails, but this time in better English, just after the livestream the other day, coincidence, my be, you can judge that yourselves.

Well I have been working out what is happening with the circuit. The FL's burn out very quickly, on the livestream show, some time in the early hours of the morning, the FL burned out and the amp draw shot up and drained the battery. This circuit HAS TO HAVE A LOAD or the amp draw shoots up, the more the load the lower the amp draw!!!!!!!!!!

The circuit is only triggered by the input signal, when you have it just right it goes into a self oscillation, this depends on the power coil, I have tried all that I have and I can get all to go into a self oscillation generating multiple frequencies.

The secound thing that is important is the biasing and loop back for the phasing transformers, I am sure I do not have this at its best, and if the good Dr. Stiffler reads this, or anybody else, I would be very grateful for some input on this which might reduce the time in solving this.

The last thing is to find a better way of using this high voltage which is generated along with the feed back to keep the battery charged. It has been noted that the battery acts as a load, which you would expect, when it is connected to recharge the current draw goes down and if you put a load on the battery, other that the circuit, the current draw goes down as well!!

Well thats it for now, all constructive comments are welcome. I will post a circuit of the twin phasing transformer and twin power coil set up when I have finished drawing it up.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by witsend View Post
                  Hi Guys,

More of the same. This exercise was done as a basis for a press release that I hope will happen sometime soon.

Crashing Through the Energy Barrier Final for DS-2

By the way - Fuzzy and Mike, if you go live again please remember to post links here. Many thanks guys.
                  Will read this when I have a quiet moment

Mike

Comment

• shunt resistor

Hi guys what is a shunt resistor? If I use a normal resistor does this circuit work?
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                      Hi guys what is a shunt resistor? If I use a normal resistor does this circuit work?
                      Thanks
                      Its usual to make better measurements at the Circuit.
                      Actually, it has only a small resistance, you can measure the loss over it, and calculate the Energy, what is running over it.
                      But it works without the Shunt too, and as they did investigate the Circuit,
                      they moved the Shunt anywhere around at the Circuit,
                      like witsend mentioned once.

That is a Question, what i did ask myself a long time too
                      Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• The term comes from "current shunt" ; a very common method of determining Current in a circuit path through reading the Voltage across a "Shunt", and then using Ohm's Law to calculate the Amperes (since there really is no direct way to read "current").

As examples, a "1 Ohm" shunt resistor with "5 Volts" reading across its ends, represents "5 Amps" of current. A "10 Ohm" shunt R reading "5 V" would represent "0.5 Amps".

Most Shunt Resistors are very low Ohms, and rated for high wattage. For these reasons, "regular" resistors used in circuity usually won't work in their place, because they are too high a Resistance (and so could significantly affect the circuit's performance skewing the data), and/or have too low a current rating (so they burn up under load).

Large current shunts used in industry are often simply rectangular blocks of steel or iron; it doesn't matter much, as long as the precise Resistance is known so the calculation can be done, they can handle the current, and the R remains stable as temperatures rise.

202:

Current shunts are often "floating off ground", for that reason it is important to watch where you put the ground lead of scope probes when reading them (or any other "Single-Ended to Ground" instruments that are not specifically stated to be "Input to Output Isolated"). Hand-held DMM's ("digital multi-meters") and some "scope-meters" are battery powered, with no ground connection, so it is not a problem with them. But it can be a BIG problem with "single-ended" scopes that get a ground through their power supply / wall plug connection, and could cause them to break the house "No Smoking" rules

Comment

• Originally posted by jibbguy View Post

.... But it can be a BIG problem with "single-ended" scopes that get a ground through their power supply / wall plug connection, and could cause them to break the house "No Smoking" rules
                          LOL. Well put Jibbs

Guys Fuzzy's back on line. You may want to 'tune in'.

Open Source Research and Development - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Not sure if I've got that right. I think it's the link.
                          Last edited by witsend; 01-09-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Guys, my other computer is down and I can't access Skype. I get it that there are some messages waiting there. I should have this fixed later in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jibbguy View Post
                              The term comes from "current shunt" ; a very common method of determining Current in a circuit path through reading the Voltage across a "Shunt", and then using Ohm's Law to calculate the Amperes (since there really is no direct way to read "current").

As examples, a "1 Ohm" shunt resistor with "5 Volts" reading across its ends, represents "5 Amps" of current. A "10 Ohm" shunt R reading "5 V" would represent "0.5 Amps".

Most Shunt Resistors are very low Ohms, and rated for high wattage. For these reasons, "regular" resistors used in circuity usually won't work in their place, because they are too high a Resistance (and so could significantly affect the circuit's performance skewing the data), and/or have too low a current rating (so they burn up under load).

Large current shunts used in industry are often simply rectangular blocks of steel or iron; it doesn't matter much, as long as the precise Resistance is known so the calculation can be done, they can handle the current, and the R remains stable as temperatures rise.

202:

Current shunts are often "floating off ground", for that reason it is important to watch where you put the ground lead of scope probes when reading them (or any other "Single-Ended to Ground" instruments that are not specifically stated to be "Input to Output Isolated"). Hand-held DMM's ("digital multi-meters") and some "scope-meters" are battery powered, with no ground connection, so it is not a problem with them. But it can be a BIG problem with "single-ended" scopes that get a ground through their power supply / wall plug connection, and could cause them to break the house "No Smoking" rules

The term "Shunt" means "to bypass" and represents a parallel pathway. Metering systems are very sensitive to current, it only takes a small amount, usually microamps to push them full scale. So to measure the amperage in a circuit it is necessary to provide a parallel path for the larger currents to flow through and a ratio is determined between the meter current and the "shunt" current. Most current meters (aka ammeters) today incorporate internal shunts and are simply placed in series with the current carrying wire.

When instantaneous current measurements are required, it becomes problematic to use meters that provide internal integration. In this case a CSR or current sensing resistor is used which converts the current flowing through the resistor to a voltage across the resistor. These resistors must be noninductive and noncapacitive to work properly, otherwise the instantaneous voltage will not be commensurate to the instantaneous current. A CSR is a series device and the voltage across it can be measured with field effect equipment where zero parallel current flows through the measuring device. For this reason a CSR should not be called a shunt.

These are semantics and I am probably a purist in that regard but the proper use does reflect directly whether a reputable institution would cite the use of it in their works, in my humble opinion.

"Amy Pond, there is something you need to understand, and someday your life may depend on it: I am definitely a madman with a box." ~The Doctor

Comment

• "LIVE" broadcast January 9, 2010

Hi everyone,

I see that many of the members and guests here have shown up on my "Open Source Research and Development" channel showing this threads circuit in operation in various stages of oscillation. The last show was the "Preferred Mode Of Oscillation" that includes the subharmonic modulation that we have deemed necessary for the COP> 1 results which we prefer and must be forced by careful adjustments.

The January 9, 2010 show was the best showing this "Preferred Mode Of Oscillation" in the first 2 hours of the 5 Hour long tape ..... ( search-able video timer shown with time left )

Open Source Research and Development - January 9, 2010

TIME
                                4:45 _ 24.68 to 24.69 VDC Starting Voltage
                                4:01 _ 24.72 VDC Highest Voltage Reading
                                4:00 _ 24.71 VDC
                                3:33 _ 24.70 VDC
                                3:17 _ 24.69 VDC Return to Starting Voltage
                                2:54 _ Temperature Readings
                                2:52 _ 24.68 VDC

STARTING TEMPERATURES READINGS -
                                139 Degrees F - 10 ohm load resistor
                                161 Degrees F - Mosfet
                                113 Degrees F - .25 ohm shunt resistor

2:54 TEMPERATURE READINGS -
                                138 Degrees F - 10 ohm load resistor
                                158 Degrees F - Mosfet
                                107 Degrees F - .25 ohm shunt resistor

5.27 Watt Load ( Load Resistor ) on circuit during operating throughout the time length indicated.

I hope anyone interested might check it out because non stop it's quite interesting .....

Best Regards,
                                Glen
                                Open Source Experimentalist
                                Open Source Research and Development

Comment

Working...
                                X