No announcement yet.

Bedini Schoolgirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indeed it seemed to be charging faster and the battery voltage when charging was higher hard to really tell my batts are not conditioned well and my transistors may not be the best as there random ones from some amp still waiting on my 2n3055s when they arrive i will make a cleaner bit larger and some better coils i might even go to 24 volts

Comment

• my pot is a 5 k and sensitive and it made me blow a transistor
      i only had to that were working for this system ::::::::::::::C :C :C no more fun for me tonight

Comment

• Presentation model assembled!

Trifilar circuit built to spec. 1n4001's sourced from computer cicuit board due to unavailability. One master and one slave. 100ohm resistors with 1k pot.

Will run on as little as one transistor @ 50ma.
        2 transistors @110ma.
        Sweet spot seems to be around 110-120 ma one transistor and 290-330 ma with both firing.

1 ohm 5 watt resistor shows no more than .3 volts across it, and as little as .02 v at minimum draw. At current sweet spot it reads .16v with both transistors firing. More accurate readings awaiting arrival of a analogue multimeter. Laser tacho and new 12 7.2ah batteries to follow shortly.

I found the pot useful in getting the wheel up to speed then dropping the amp draw down while maintaining and even increasing speed. Its a little harder to start on the sweet spot and get it up to speed otherwise. Rotor is quite heavy, over 1500 grams and only 300mm diameter.
        Last edited by ren; 12-03-2009, 10:42 PM.
        "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• very nice setup ren
          Can't wait to see your results
          How did you cut the plexiglass rotor?
          It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Looks good ren, though I would still put some duct or other strong tape around the rim of the rotor even though you have glued the magnets.

You never know if the glue will give in or not...so rather be safe than sorry.
            Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

• hey amigo. I have tested the epoxy glue on another design at speeds of over 4000 rpm (estimate) with neos. That was scary...lol. This rotor doesnt go very fast in comparison and the magnets are recessed in and glued on three sides. Your probably right however, and a neat bit of tape will probably improve it aesthetically too. Safety first!

Jet, I got the rotor cnc/laser cut so as to ensure neat and centered finish. I rang around and was quoted as high as $400 aud for a 300mm by 20mm rotor, ended up finding a place just up the road that did it for $77.00 I grinded/filed out the recesses for the magnets by hand, its pretty easy stuff to shape if your patient. The coil mount plate and back plate is just some acrylic window material I got from a local hardware store, bout $40 for a huge sheet. Cuts with jigsaw, although its thinner and easier to crack if you rush it.

Looking at getting some new sla's over the next few weeks for serious tests!
              Last edited by ren; 12-09-2007, 11:25 AM.
              "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• Hello!
                i have a few questions...

First, my supplier of components didn't have the 1N914 diode(outgoing model) so i bought a 1N4448 diode instead, that seamed to be about the same in my eyes... will that work?

Also, since i don't live in the states i couldn't get the correct wire as well..
                I bought 1kg of 0.5mm and 1kg of 0.6mm copper wire.
                The drawings said #23 & #26 (AWG or SWG??) so it could be anything from 0.573mm or 0.610mm to 0.405mm or 0.457mm... confusing.

The wires i can get are these:
                0.30, 0.35, 0.40, 0.45, 0.50, 0.60, 0.70, 0.80 mm
                So my next question is what thickness would you recommend? or will it work with the wires i already have bought?

Comment

• Hello Master.

the size you have should work good. The plans state for awg, I live in Australia and had to get swg. I used 24 swg for my power and 27 swg for my trigger. Try and pick a size close to the plans, theres a great guy on ebay who deals in awg if you want to be specific. Resistor values will vary slightly for different gauges and lengths, experiment a little. Use a 1n4007 for the output diode (1000v rated) and you can use it for the emitter to base as well if you want.

If I was you I would wind both wires on until I ran out. Have a massive coil. Test it later if want you can cut it all up. That way you could still have the option of turning it into a tri/quad filar later. Wind at least 400 odd turns if you want anything with decent output with that gauge.

Good luck, keep us updated

Comment

• Thanks for the quick reply Ren
                    I had a few 1n4007 lying around, and tried them too.

My setup doesn't work, but at least now i can draw the conclusion that it IS the coil and not the diode. I have a too small coil with few strands so its back to the building board...

Comment

• Double check everything master. Youd be surprised how small your coils can be and still achieve rotation. Make sure all your connections are clean and connected well. Post a pic up if you can, I worked on a Bedini/Cole half circuit yesterday for over three frustrating hours, only to notice one connection was misplaced. Fired up straight away after that.

Comment

• diameter of magnetic wire

Hi there,

I'm a 100% beginner in making the Bedini SSG-motor, just to learn the basics. Up 'till now I couldn't find enough length of magnetic wire her in the Netherlands.
                        What I do have is enamel wire diameter 0,8 mm (AWG #20) and 0,2 mm (AWG > #28). Probably both lengths will do for about 600 windings.

Questions:
                        - in the drawing the length of the coil is 1,5" (4 cm): is that enough ?
                        - are the wires 0,8 and 0,2 mm. appropriate for the power and trigger ?
                        - if so, should I use the thicker wire for the power ?

Who can help me ?
                        Thanks in advance !

Hans

Comment

• Starting the SSG

Here are some links...

Overall best link has TONS of info.
                          Directory:Bedini SG - PESWiki

Your first SSG

My videos are not as good as others..
                          YouTube - More on the heart of the SSG the Transistor 9

Much better
                          YouTube - How to Build a Bedini Motor ... Part 1

Good how to..
                          Erwin's Work Shop

Great basics..
                          AionAlchemy™ - radiant

Per the Standard... But you must do it exactly as they put out,

====
                          Here are some lists that you might consider for continued pursuit of this topic:

* http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bedini_Monopole3/- beginners, public
                          * http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bedini_Monopole2/- intermediate, by invitation, private
                          * http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bedini_Monopole/- most advanced, private
                          * http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bedini_sg3/- newsletter, info
                          * http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/B...ow_energizer/- advanced, members only

List of Bedini topic groups at YahooGroups:
                          Yahoo! Groups : Search Results

And some related websites to consider:
                          - http://energenx.com- - John's company website
                          - http://r-charge.com- - Rick Friedrich's promotion of John's commercial products
                          See my experiments here...
                          http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• One other thing...

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                            Hi there,

I'm a 100% beginner in making the Bedini SSG-motor, just to learn the basics. Up 'till now I couldn't find enough length of magnetic wire her in the Netherlands.
                            What I do have is enamel wire diameter 0,8 mm (AWG #20) and 0,2 mm (AWG > #28). Probably both lengths will do for about 600 windings.

Questions:
                            - in the drawing the length of the coil is 1,5" (4 cm): is that enough ?
                            - are the wires 0,8 and 0,2 mm. appropriate for the power and trigger ?
                            - if so, should I use the thicker wire for the power ?

Who can help me ?
                            Thanks in advance !

Hans
                            look up "Daftman" on youtube, he has step by step Bedini, and how to wind the coils. He talks in Millimeters too I have found his material right on the money.
                            See my experiments here...
                            http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• thanks a lot !

Dear Theremart,

Thanks for spending your time om informing me.
                              I will work my way through all this amount of information.

Hans

Comment

• bifolar coil resonance

Hello everyone,
                                this is my first post but i've been interested in these kinds of underground electronics for a couple of years.

i finally had a few spare hours to tinker with this bedini motor circuit. i am currently low on money so i was just using the materials i had in my shop... the bifolar coil is too small w/ too few wraps.
                                as soon as i fired her up, the electromagnet coil (bigger wire) would trigger the trigger coil (smaller wire), which switches the transistor and the cycle continues. The bifolar coil hummed and the rotor seemed to have little effect with regards to the transistor swithing.

what did i do wrong?
                                do i just need to get the correct gauges and length of wire.
                                what keeps your guys' coil from entering this "self-resonance"?
                                the induction from the main coil to the trigger coil is much greater than from the rotor magnets.

Comment

Working...
                                X