Bedini Schoolgirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About SSG Neon bulb

Hi, can anyone advise me the alternative for NE-2 (NEON bulb)?
    In japan, it is hard to get the NE-2,65V (AC) , 0.6mA the same spec.
    What is other NEON bulbs to replace to this one?

KJP

Comment

• Hi, Randy san
      One more question, how about welding rod?
      Should it be anything only if it is made from iron?
      How about diameter? Any size is OK? Not copper coated OK?

KJP

Comment

• Soft Iron

KJP,
        Yes, no copper coating is ok. I have used coat hangar wire with much success. I have used fluxed welding rod and cleaned off the flux with much success. I know someone who used bailing wire with success. The idea is to use soft iron that won't retain magnetism. So when the current is off, there is no magnetism in the core. I have used 1/16-3/16 inch wire for core with success.
        Any NEO bulb above 80v and below 200v will work. This is there to protect your transistor and is not necessary for charging. If the voltage of the bulb is to low, it will leak, reducing charging capacity. Know the high end of the voltages of your transistors use a neon with a voltage lower than that. This way you will not be replacing transistors when you forget to connect a lead on the charging side or knock one off while the energizer is running.
        Good luck with your build.

Randy
        _

Comment

• Hi, thank you for your reply.
          For NEON bulb, 80V means AC or DC?
          Can you check the following web site to find which is the best one for NE-2?

http://www.toyokawadenki.co.jp/SH_Neon.swf

KJP

Comment

• Yes

KJP,
            Any of the first 13 will work. A great resource for obtaining parts for the Monopole is Rick's site at Electronic Parts. His prices are fair, service is great, and he provides specifications.
            Randy
            _

Comment

• Thank you very much for your reply.
              I have ordered almost all of parts needed in local shop.
              By the way, LP1 (lamp) is not neccesary?
              and a variable resistor is 1k ohm is OK? Someone says that it needs more higher variable resistor to protect a transistor. Is that true? I have ordered 1kohm one anyway.
              What I need to prepare is 2 of 12V batteries, anyway.

Thank you very much.

KJP

Comment

• Lp1

KJP,
                LP1 is not necessary, but definitely helps. This lamp adjust the timing automatically after you have the base resistance set. After you have your timing set for best rpm, you put that bulb in the circuit and adjust again. It will glow a dim orange. As the batteries impedance go down, the bulb glows brighter, increasing the resistance. You will then find that you don't have to constantly mess around with the timing as your charging battery changes impedance. Rick's site, mentioned earlier, sells them as the "grain of wheat" bulb. Also, 1k pot will work fine, however you may have to adjust the base resistor to help you find that "sweet spot". This all depends on the batteries you charge and their impedance. Have fun.
                Randy
                _

Comment

• SSG Coil and resonance

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  You'll probably get it working on the first try.

Use a 10ohm resistor to start with, easier to get it running on that. Not as efficient, but just get it to work.

1 X 10ohm resistor
                  1 X 1N914 diode
                  1 X MPS8099 transistor or RCA3055 or 2N3055 either of those will work fine

Get enough wire of #23 and #26 or closest you can find for those. Enamel coated magnet wire..enough to wind about 600 turns on the coil to the dimensions in those schematics. Make sure to wind it so that when you put + top the top of the coil and - at the bottom that the magnetic field on the coil is NORTH at the TOP. Wind both of those wires together at the SAME time around the spool.

The core for the coil can be a soild piece of iron or use a bunch of smaller pieces of welding rod cut to lenght and bundled together.

The transistor has a collector, emitter and base. The collector is the input, the emitter it the output. With these NPN transistors, there is no connection through the transistor from collector to emitter. The faucet is shut off basically. To make the connection, it requires a bit of current at the base...that is what the trigger wire is for. That turns it on and when the power is no longer at the base, the transistor shuts off. It is just an off and on switch triggered by the base.

When you buy the transistor, the package will give you a diagram or you can find it online which lead is what. BCE are the 3 you need to know. Just connect the coil wires, diode and resistor to each other like in the diagrams John drew.

The resistor doesn't matter which way you put it. The diode, the little black stripe needs to be towards the base of the transistor.

Make sure the wheel spins really, really easily. One little spin and it just keeps going. You can make it like mine where the wheel spins around the shaft or you can make it fixed to the shaft so the shaft spins in some bearings in the frame uprights.

You can use regular ceramic magnets on the rotor. Just make sure North is facing out on all 4 magnets so that south are all facing towards the axle.

The little black sealed gel cell batts are good ones to play with for starters. Use 12 volt ones.

When it is all hooked up, you give a slight little spin on the wheel and it will just start speeding up as fast as it can go.

When you get it running with these parts (use the 10ohm resistor), then you can switch out the resistor to something like a 680ohm to see if it will run on that. You basically want as much resistance as possible while still letting enough get through to trigger the transistor. That is the idea anyway.

There are a LOT of people around the world who have build these Bedini machines so you won't have a problem getting people to help you out.
                  Hi,
                  i am new in the forum and i cant find the answer to my questions:
                  1.does it make a difference in wich direction the coils are wound since i have a northpol when the coils are powered(multistrand,8x 18gauge)?
                  2.is it better when the coils are measured with a function generator so that they have the same resonant frequency or is this not nessecary?
                  Thanks

Comment

• Welcome!

forelle
                    1: Short answer, No. Long answer, Maybe. It is recomended to use a right hand wind. I have done both and have seen no difference. Well, let me qualify that. There are always differences, just none to shout about.
                    2: I am working on quite the oposite. I have been working on interferometric resonance so my coils have had different frequencies. So I guess the answer is, it will work ether way.
                    One thing I have noticed and wondered how many people get caught up with is this. Some coil geometries do not allow the rotor to hand start. This does NOT mean failure. I have found by reving up the rotor beyond 7200 magnets/minute, I get success on a seamingly failed construct! Not rpm, everyone has a different idea of what size and how many magnets to put on their rotor, but rather magnets past one coil core. I use a 12v r/c model airplane motor starter with a rubber snubber on it to spin up the rotor if it won't hand start. Single coilers are usually not a problem. Good luck with your build.
                    Randy
                    _

Comment

• JetiJs Bedini

Hi Jeti I've build your multi coil but did not oscillate. I am trying to change transistors cause the one's I did are bit high to open.
                      I've did three secondaries but not trifilar mode. One after the other.
                      Does this works for oscillation. I know it's a bit quite a long time since you've posted this circuit but I am trying this.
                      Thanks for sharing the circuit in the past.

Comment

• Can I use N50 Neodymium magnet instead of ceremic magnet?

Thanks for reply

There is an official Bedini SG manual finally available: Bedini SSG

You'll probably get it working on the first try.

Use a 10ohm resistor to start with, easier to get it running on that. Not as efficient, but just get it to work.

1 X 10ohm resistor
                        1 X 1N914 diode
                        1 X MPS8099 transistor or RCA3055 or 2N3055 either of those will work fine

Get enough wire of #23 and #26 or closest you can find for those. Enamel coated magnet wire..enough to wind about 600 turns on the coil to the dimensions in those schematics. Make sure to wind it so that when you put + top the top of the coil and - at the bottom that the magnetic field on the coil is NORTH at the TOP. Wind both of those wires together at the SAME time around the spool.

The core for the coil can be a soild piece of iron or use a bunch of smaller pieces of welding rod cut to lenght and bundled together.

The transistor has a collector, emitter and base. The collector is the input, the emitter it the output. With these NPN transistors, there is no connection through the transistor from collector to emitter. The faucet is shut off basically. To make the connection, it requires a bit of current at the base...that is what the trigger wire is for. That turns it on and when the power is no longer at the base, the transistor shuts off. It is just an off and on switch triggered by the base.

When you buy the transistor, the package will give you a diagram or you can find it online which lead is what. BCE are the 3 you need to know. Just connect the coil wires, diode and resistor to each other like in the diagrams John drew.

The resistor doesn't matter which way you put it. The diode, the little black stripe needs to be towards the base of the transistor.

Make sure the wheel spins really, really easily. One little spin and it just keeps going. You can make it like mine where the wheel spins around the shaft or you can make it fixed to the shaft so the shaft spins in some bearings in the frame uprights.

You can use regular ceramic magnets on the rotor. Just make sure North is facing out on all 4 magnets so that south are all facing towards the axle.

The little black sealed gel cell batts are good ones to play with for starters. Use 12 volt ones.

When it is all hooked up, you give a slight little spin on the wheel and it will just start speeding up as fast as it can go.

When you get it running with these parts (use the 10ohm resistor), then you can switch out the resistor to something like a 680ohm to see if it will run on that. You basically want as much resistance as possible while still letting enough get through to trigger the transistor. That is the idea anyway.

There are a LOT of people around the world who have build these Bedini machines so you won't have a problem getting people to help you out.

Comment

• Did you delete the video? I cannot access it now. Is that possible to email me at lis_wang@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Bedini SG (roller skate wheel motor) video posted on youtube.

YouTube - Bedini SG - Schoolgirl - Bare basic model

Comment

• Been answered many times

Originally posted by lis_wang View Post
                            Can I use N50 Neodymium magnet instead of ceremic magnet?

Thanks for reply
                            No. Stick with the ceramics.
                            Randy
                            _

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
                              Randy
                              Thanks. I am a new comer in this area and want to start with a simple one first.

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
                                Randy
                                May I know what size of ceramics magnet shall I use? What is diameter for #23 and #26 copper wire?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X