Bedini Schoolgirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
    can't say for sure but 2 neons in parrelel should offer more protection. Are you using the 2n3055s?
    The final two fried also! No I am using MJ15022s and they are quite expensive. But I am using #15 wire for my coils which are also like Tesla bifilar, I think that too much power is being generated by the coils and this makes my neons not be able to handle it. I think that using a big 36V zener diode may protect my transistors, actually I had used some zeners, but the zeners burnt out! I guess I should use a zener with higher amp ratings.
    Last edited by elias; 07-30-2008, 02:01 PM.
    Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
    http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

• aw, that sucks.... those are a bit more pricy.... so your bulbs were glowing at full bightness? what was the amp draw?
      "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Yes

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
        aw, that sucks.... those are a bit more pricy.... so your bulbs were glowing at full brightness? what was the amp draw?
        yes and the amp draw at full speed was around 1 ampere. I think that the Tesla type coils are producing much higher spikes and that's causing the problem.

Comment

• hmmm... 1 amp is a pretty high draw... i could only imagine the strength of the spikes! though I'm sure John uses around 10 amps on his big energiser, but then again I seem to remember he is using quin-filar coils so could well be using around 49-50 transistors so that would be about 200ma per transistor. if your set up is using 2 transistors then that would be around 500ma per transistor... I'm not saying the amps are frying them since those transistors should easily be able to handle that amount of "power", but it could be generating alot more spike pressure (a term I just made up, sorry ) then John's devices...

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
          Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
            hmmm... 1 amp is a pretty high draw... i could only imagine the strength of the spikes! though I'm sure John uses around 10 amps on his big energiser, but then again I seem to remember he is using quin-filar coils so could well be using around 49-50 transistors so that would be about 200ma per transistor. if your set up is using 2 transistors then that would be around 500ma per transistor... I'm not saying the amps are frying them since those transistors should easily be able to handle that amount of "power", but it could be generating alot more spike pressure (a term I just made up, sorry ) then John's devices...
            For high amp drawing, is better use one powerfull Mosfet or IGBT.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs. Apple CEO

Comment

• Some Pics

Hi

My new SSG is a tri-coiler with #15 wire, And I have used a separate trigger for each of the coils, and it is also designed with Muller's idea in mind which only one magnet gets aligned at a time. See the pics (4 magnets passing three coils). The amp draw for each transistor is about 300mA. The problem is with the spikes, they seem too powerful and blow up my transistors, if I run the motor with 24 volts. So I am going to buy some powerful Zeners for protection, because I have burnt around 10 pricy transistors. But I think that the muller design adds to the torque power of the motor.
              I intend to add a new rotor to the back of the coils to increase horse power, but I don't know if John Bedini recommends this, because I have heard of him speak of the coils "sucking" the Radiant energy, but anyway I'll give it a try to see if I can double my torque power using this method.

Elias
              Attached Files
              Last edited by elias; 07-31-2008, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Nice work Elias.

Do you have a load on the back end? This is the best form of transistor protection. If not, you can wire a 2k or higher resistor to one of the legs of your neon. This will help absorb more of the spike. Im interested to see how it performs for you.

S
                "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• Originally posted by ren View Post
                  Nice work Elias.

Do you have a load on the back end? This is the best form of transistor protection. If not, you can wire a 2k or higher resistor to one of the legs of your neon. This will help absorb more of the spike. Im interested to see how it performs for you.

S
                  Thanks Ren!
                  I have done this, but still no luck, any way I bought some 5W 41V Zeners today and I'll experiment with it. Hope this will solve my problem.

I think that this Muller configuration really makes it speed up! I have managed to run it up to 2000 RPM, with 20 Volts. Lets see if the second rotor can add to its performance. I'll keep you informed.

Elias

Comment

• About using computer instead oscilloscope

Hi guys I am, newbie in electronics ;I want to ask your opinion if is possible to use a soft that
                    using pc soundcard to turn pc in a scope and using this for experimenting and testing,tuning bedini motors.I cannot afford a realy scope ;is too expensive for me...

Thanks
                    Mike

Comment

• Hi sinergicus,

Welcome to the forum!

It is possible to turn your computer into an oscilloscope though I don't think it can work at as high a frequency or voltage that a real oscilloscope can handle.

It may give you an idea of the wave form but will not give you an accurate picture.

I think Gabriolaman has had success using this method

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...illiscope.html

however i killed my soundcard

If you are going to try it I would recommend getting a cheap soundcard to try it with and not the integrated soundcard on your motherboard.

Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Mega Coil (electromagnet)Help

i made an electromagnet with many many many turns (3k or more) it is big. I check it for opens by connecting one end to a 9 volt battery and the other end i obviously connected to the multimeter. I then connected the other multimeter cable to the remaining electrode on the 9v battery and it displayed 9 volts exactly. Thus, no open was found, i think. Good. However, when I checked for continuity by connecting both end of the coil to the multimeter and then setting it to check for continuity it quickly displays 3 or more digits and goes back to 1. Note: my other smaller electromegnets dont make a beeping sound but show 3 digits. This large electromagnet just quickly shows some digits and goes to 1 and stays there. I tried connecting a battery and a small lamp in series with a 9v and 12 volt but it did not light. My small electromagnets did light when i did this test. they didnt beep when i check for continuity but they do show 3 digits.

I dont understant how my large electromagnet can show 9volts but fail both continuity test. Can somebody please help. Do I have an open? Whats up?

By the way this is a masive single coil.

Thanks for yas help in advance

Comment

• Problems ...

Originally posted by theinventor View Post
                          i made an electromagnet with many many many turns (3k or more) it is big. I check it for opens by connecting one end to a 9 volt battery and the other end i obviously connected to the multimeter. I then connected the other multimeter cable to the remaining electrode on the 9v battery and it displayed 9 volts exactly. Thus, no open was found, i think. Good. However, when I checked for continuity by connecting both end of the coil to the multimeter and then setting it to check for continuity it quickly displays 3 or more digits and goes back to 1. Note: my other smaller electromegnets dont make a beeping sound but show 3 digits. This large electromagnet just quickly shows some digits and goes to 1 and stays there. I tried connecting a battery and a small lamp in series with a 9v and 12 volt but it did not light. My small electromagnets did light when i did this test. they didnt beep when i check for continuity but they do show 3 digits.

I dont understant how my large electromagnet can show 9volts but fail both continuity test. Can somebody please help. Do I have an open? Whats up?

By the way this is a masive single coil.

Thanks for yas help in advance
                          Hi,

I am having alot of difficulty understanding what you are saying... Just not clear about your setup, a picture would really help.

Basic guidelines. When the BIG picture don't work, test each small element of your project to verify each component works, then try it again. It sounds like you are doing that. I have a spare SSG sitting around just to test each component of another SSG to be sure it works.

Check your battery in you multi-meter..... that may be why your continuity test failed ( just short the two leads together on the multimeter and see if it beeps ... )

That is my .2 cents worth
                          See my experiments here...
                          http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• mega coil (super elecromagnet)Help2

I just finished making a coil with 3000 + turns and i'm in the testing phase of it. Thus, I connected a 9v battery in series with it it showed 9volts. But if i connect a light along with the battery the light doesnt come on. and when i tested it on the multimeter for continuity it did not beep and it displays a 1 only and not 3 digits.

Buttom line, i am only testing a 3000 awg 30 wire with 3000 (coil)turns know. That, i will turn into an super elecromagnet latter.

My question again is why is it that when i connect the coil to a battery in series it shows 9v?

But fails the continuity test?

Is this normal for big coils?

What should i do to fix the problem?

Comment

• make sure you have cleaned the ends of the wire well. Connect each end to a terminal of the battery. You should be able to attract/repel. If not so, then you have the wrong wires or you may have a short somewhere.
                              "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• ahh one other thing

magnet wire is very difficult to get the coating off the wire. I normally burn the ends then scrape the carbon off to show the shiny copper underneath.

Mart
                                See my experiments here...
                                http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Working...
                                X