Solid State Bedini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theremart View Post
    Yes the Jetijs circuit is very sweet. I have been hitting some large golf cart batteries with it at 24 V 3 amp on the front end and 18 V on the back end. The batteries seem to be starting to respond to this

I have just completed my solar setup with solar panels at 1.25 a watt on a nice sunny day I am getting average 3 - 10 amps of power at 25 V so after the front set of batteries are charged, I can then hit the back set hard with the Jetijs charger. so far I have only been using 5 transistors, but as soon as I get two banks charged think I will have two primary banks each with 5 transistors so doubling the power I am putting in now. So each bank of 5 will get 3 amps at 24 V .

I have used little 12 amp hour batteries with this, but I pull down the voltage to like 12V.

Congrates on your build, happy charging !
    Sounds like a good setting of yours

Thanks, i am charging 24aH 12v batteries now, they recover slowly. I will make it a 4 or 5 transistors circuit now i know it works well after building it.

Comment

• please ....send me..

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
      Hi,
      I have some big 200Ah truck batteries that are laying around and do not hold a charge for long time. So I decides to make one of my quintfilar coils into a Bedini solid state oscillator. The circuit is very simple, one strand of wire is used for triggering and is leading to bases of four transistors though a 50Ohm resistor. The other end of the trigger strand is connected to the ground. Then we have the input positive lead is connected to one side of remaining wire strands and the other end of those strands is connected to the collector of the transistor, so that each strand has its own transistor. All the transistor emiters are then tied together and go to the negative line of the power supply. Each collector of those transistors has its own 1n4007 diode that delivers the inductive spike to the charging battery + terminal. The charging battery minus terminal is connected to the power supply positive line. Here is a picture:

The coil has five strands of 200 feet long wire that makes about 450-500 turns. The core is copper coated welding rods. There are no resistors or diodes connecting the transistor base with emitter, because when I used a diode, I could not get the thing to self oscillate. Anyway, it works just fine. Each transistor makes the circuit consume 0.5-1.3A depending on the input voltage and charging battery state. So all the transistors together consume 2-3A constantly. And this charges the hell out of small 7Ah batteries, much much better than those SSG's I had that consumed just 200mA. Of course with those I would have to spend months to charge up a 200Ah battery, but with this selfoscillator it will be much faster. This setup does not selfstart, I have to wave a magnet near the coil core to make it start oscillating, but I found that if I place a high resistance resistor across the collector and base of the transistor, then it starts oscillating by itself when the power is turned ON. But I do not use that method for now. I found that the lower the base resistance, the smaller the oscillation frequency, but the bigger the amp draw. The transistors stay cool all the time, but my coil gets hot - up to 50 degree celsius, not too much, but still... The heat is coming from the coil core and is also heating up the coil wire. I attached a small fan that cools the coil for now, but I guess I have to use an air core coil, because the eddycurrents are responsible for the heat buildup in the core.
      If you want, I can post the circuit that I am using.
      Just wanted to share
      Thanks,
      Jetijs
      I would really like you to send me the circuit design to my email if possible doing a favor, nmarfara@me.com
      Thank you once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
        Hi all.
        I was wondering about Michaels circuit. I mean this:

Does it seem right to you? I mean the transistor emiter is not connected to the ground of the primary battery. And does the trigger winding have to be connected to the positive terminal of the drive battery just like the slave power windings? I don't see how this could work. Or am I missing something here?
        This is the basic Bedini self oscillator circuit:

Is a bit different.
        Couldnt help but notice you were online. I haven't been able to find a good solid state circuit to build. I've made two, and the original schematics were posted here but they're long gone. I need to get my hands on a couple in the next two hour because whatever circuit schematics I send out tonight, I'll have built by the dozen by next week. By the way, do you have any suggestions? They can wind coils and do other stuff but this stage is more about creating multiple pulse circuit models we're going to be experimenting with. I want to support any research that could be benefitted by some professionally etched boards with military quality components. Any pointers?

Just fyi, I'm going to be making a number of different chargers, almost all of them inspired by or worked on by John Bedini. Trying to get a straight answer on SS circuit is best has proven a little difficult, even though the guy who's building me these prototypes is friends with John. Anyways, anything you can do to help me is appreciated, and I'll send ya a couple if you want any.

Comment

• Please send the schematic

Originally posted by nmarfara View Post
          I would really like you to send me the circuit design to my email if possible doing a favor, nmarfara@me.com
          Thank you once again.
          Please send me the schematic. I made a Youle thief.

Comment

• Solid state circuit

Hi to Jetijs, my solid state bedini has 5 mjl21194 transistors with base R 1k ¼w(+ 2k pot) & C diodes are IN5408 & I get 0.5A total draw. How to increase Amp? Will be thankful for any guidance please.

Comment

• Solid state Bedini

Originally posted by mnasim31 View Post
              Hi to Jetijs, my solid state bedini has 5 mjl21194 transistors with base R 1k ¼w(+ 2k pot) & C diodes are IN5408 & I get 0.5A total draw. How to increase Amp? Will be thankful for any guidance please.
              Hi Jetijs, If I am reaching to you through this mail, please can I get a diagram of your solid state on my email: mnasim31@yahoo.com

Thanks
              mnasim

Comment

• fuse

Originally posted by Hoppy View Post
                Hi Mark

I have built a 17 strand single coil charger using 19swg (18awg) x 100ft strands. I use this to charge a 460 A/hr golf cart battery set. I'm not at liberty to post the circuit schematic as it is mostly a Bedini design. It is based on a simple solid state blocking oscillator circuit which drives additional transistors from a common trigger circuit. The oscillator produces extremely fast leading edge pulses which is essential for good performance. Each transistor output is taken from the collector via an ultra fast single diode to a common output bus for connection to the charging battery. All transistors are MJL21194.

The coil former is 7" x 5" with an air core. My 100ft trigger strand is wound on first, followed by the power strands in a 4 x 4 configuration (4 x 4 twisted strands).

A big single coil multi-strand charger is easier to build and get running than a multi-coil, multi-strand charger because the magnetic fields collapse in synch using a single coil where all strands are wound together. This gives a more effective discharge spike.

A big charger like this needs a good power supply which will deliver at least 10Amps. The average input current for my charger is about 5 Amps but the peak pulse current is much higher. For good performance its important to get the impedance very low using a big cap across the supply lines. I use 8AWG conductors for the input power supply and the output output charging leads. A fuse or preferably circuit breaker is essential in the supply line for safety reasons to prevent serious damage in case of a transistor failure resulting in a short circuit.

The Bedini '1 ohm test' replacing the charging battery should give less than 1volt drop across the resistor, as with the normal SG monopole energiser.

Hoppy
                May I ask what size is your input fuse? Thanks

Comment

• Bedini keeps blowing transistor

i have your basic bedini ssg set up and running but when I unhook the charging battery my neon bulb lights and then, about 2 seconds later the transistor is fried. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

my motor has
                  8 1/4 neo magnets

1/2 inch core filled with multiple 1/8 steel rods
                  200 ft of 22 and 26 gauge magnet wire

a 1n4001 diode
                  a 1n4007 diode

started with a 430ohm resistor, now using 100ohm1/2watt

a 1k - 5k pot

a 120v neon bulb

and 2n3055 transistor

Comment

Working...