No announcement yet.

Solid State Bedini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure you keep an eye on the fluid level in those batteries. Add a little distilled water every now and then to keep the plates from running dry.

Comment

• I was asked to talk about Bedini devices at local physics institute, so I made a self oscillator to demonstrate what these spikes can do. This one has six windings, one as the trigger winding and other 5 as power windings. By adjusting the base resistor value I can regulate the amp draw of the oscillator, thus also regulating the charging rate, more input power = faster charging. This thing can handle 7.5A of current without the transistors heating much. Here is a picture:

Thanks,
      Jetijs
      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
        I was asked to talk about Bedini devices at local physics institute, so I made a self oscillator to demonstrate what these spikes can do. This one has six windings, one as the trigger winding and other 5 as power windings. By adjusting the base resistor value I can regulate the amp draw of the oscillator, thus also regulating the charging rate, more input power = faster charging. This thing can handle 7.5A of current without the transistors heating much. Here is a picture:

Thanks,
        Jetijs
        Nice build. I presume your standard Jetijs SS setup... How long did you go with the wires?

So I guess 7.5 amp at 12 V = 90 watts of power...

I have been doing 36V at 2 Amp = 72 watts

Slowly I am getting the guts to add more current to it I guess that is why you have the transistors so easy to replace in your setup

Thanks for all the good work Jetijs
        See my experiments here...
        http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• Hi Mart,
          I used about 50 of wire and six strands in parallel. The transistors are easy to remove because you never know, but this far I have never had a blown transistor with this circuit. Also I am using transil diodes for the protection of the transistors instead neons. To adjust the current draw all you need to do is to adjust the base resistance, smaller resistance will give greater current draw and greater charging, but the frequency will become lower. I adjust the base resistance so that no more than 1.5A is divided per transistor, this way they stay cool while working and 5x1.5=7.5A that I can safely use
          Also I needed a more compact version of the charger, because my previous one was so big and ugly
          Thanks,
          Jetijs

Comment

• Ok thanks..

Ok, I take that as 50 feet? 20 gauge wire? that is much shorter than mine but to fit on that coil that makes sense.

Is the trigger winding the same 50 feet as well?

So you are using diodes.... on the transistors, never heard of transil diodes...

Anyhow I still love the original Jetijs circuit it brings my 12 amp batteries back to life with kick, and is scalable. My circuit is ugly as it is, and I would clean it up if I had to do show and tell.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
            Hi Mart,
            I used about 50 of wire and six strands in parallel. The transistors are easy to remove because you never know, but this far I have never had a blown transistor with this circuit. Also I am using transil diodes for the protection of the transistors instead neons. To adjust the current draw all you need to do is to adjust the base resistance, smaller resistance will give greater current draw and greater charging, but the frequency will become lower. I adjust the base resistance so that no more than 1.5A is divided per transistor, this way they stay cool while working and 5x1.5=7.5A that I can safely use
            Also I needed a more compact version of the charger, because my previous one was so big and ugly
            Thanks,
            Jetijs

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• Mart, sorry for the mistake, I meant 50 meters, that is about 150 feet All the wires are the same length and thickness (about 0.7mm)
              I use 1.5KE82CA transil diodes, check the specs of this thing It turns On at 82V and it is a bidirectional diode. Those transil diodes are essentially high power zener diodes. Works like a charm

Comment

• circuit

Hi Jetijs,

May you post your circuit?

Thanks,
                Selamatg

Comment

• Hi
                  This is the circuit I am using now:

But I also use transil diodes across the emitter and collector of each transistor to protect them. They are not shown in the circuit.

Comment

• Thank you

Thank Jetijs for posting the circuit,

This is as your previous circuit. I have try before, but my result the battery getting better performance only in first few cycle (5-8 first cycle) then slowly getting warm and the performance slowly down too. Not sure what the problem. In my previous setup the Amp draw less then C/20 by adjusting the resistor value. Do you have any suggestion on this?

Selamatg

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                      I was asked to talk about Bedini devices at local physics institute, so I made a self oscillator to demonstrate what these spikes can do. This one has six windings, one as the trigger winding and other 5 as power windings. By adjusting the base resistor value I can regulate the amp draw of the oscillator, thus also regulating the charging rate, more input power = faster charging. This thing can handle 7.5A of current without the transistors heating much. Here is a picture:

Thanks,
                      Jetijs
                      I am very intrigued with your use of zener type diodes Would you mind posting some scope shots across the coil and battery terminals and the what kind of charging results you had? Theoretically (by conventional wisdom) the charge rate should be poorer because of the less efficient transfer of charge.

Also what effects did you demonstrate to the institute?
                      "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Wooooowww

Last night after I was REALLY STUPID yesterday ( instead of removing my multimeter line I removed the charging battery line and was replacing transistors, I again fix my 2 burnt transistor mistake.

Well... I replaced my diodes with (2) bundled 5408 instead of the six 4007 diodes, and also I noticed my ferite beads were heating up in the main trigger coil. Well I pulled them all out and then I went to get a scope shot.

Input was 34V, but to my shock the spikes were 580 V ! I had to keep moving the scale up on the Scope to the highest level to fit them in the screen. I am running at 4 amp so 136 Watts is what is going in to the 5 transistors. The coils are warm, and the trasistors are plenty warm but ok.

I am most interested to see how this will effect charge rates

Mart

Comment

• can the zenier diodes be used and still have the neo light (opps light)
                          in the circuit? So we would know something is not hooked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwdotme View Post
                            can the zenier diodes be used and still have the neo light (opps light)
                            I have used 5w zeners across the terminals of high farad/low voltage caps in cap pulser circuits and they protect the cap... don't know how they would hold up across the transistor collector/emitter...
                            "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                            Nikola Tesla

Comment

Yes i was talking about input draw.
                              I have 4 starter batteries that I have been cycling.
                              desulfating them I can charge them with less amp draw
                              but this way in a 24 hour charge they are cold boiling ( I think
                              the term is) and improving with every charge. I am watching
                              and reading all that I can to learn how the energizer works.

ww
                              I see. Your circuit draw more power when there is no load then?

My circuit is rather unpredictable now. 0.38A at 11.8V without load. 0.33A with 3V nicad load (rather empty). 0.41A with 12V SLA load (full).

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                              I was asked to talk about Bedini devices at local physics institute, so I made a self oscillator to demonstrate what these spikes can do. This one has six windings, one as the trigger winding and other 5 as power windings. By adjusting the base resistor value I can regulate the amp draw of the oscillator, thus also regulating the charging rate, more input power = faster charging. This thing can handle 7.5A of current without the transistors heating much.
                              Wow. Nice build. I wonder if it safe to use that much of power to charge a battery?

Don't you have internal spark problem at secondary with that much of power? Did you submerge the coil in oil bath, apply wax or other similar internal spark prevention?
                              Last edited by sucahyo; 12-02-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

can the zenier diodes be used and still have the neo light (opps light)
                                Yes, you can, but then you have to get those transil diodes with higher voltage rating than the neon bulb. I use 82V transil diodes, if I used a neon bulb in parallel, they would not light up even if the charging battery was removed.

Sephiroth, the charging of this circuit is the best I ever had, but then again it uses much power. Also if the battery is charged up fully, it slowly starts to heat up. Using this circuit the battery voltage climbs up and then stays the same for a while, then as the heating begins, the voltage starts to fall a bit, this is when I remove the battery from the charger:

sucahyo, there are no sparks anywhere in my setup, the HV is easily absorbed by the battery and if the battery is removed, then transil diodes step in and short those spikes out. I am only running at 12v, I guess at higher voltages this problem could arise, but I doubt that.
                                Thanks,
                                Jetijs

Comment

Working...
                                X