One magnet no bearing Bedini motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full circle.

I got my Bedini fan going to charge tickler coils in my solid state, nothing coming from that. I built a new skate bearing axel in a wooden make up box, and spun the 3/4" tube at around 5,000 r.p.m., then I spun a no bearing tube top style on a ball bearing to 18,500 with an output coil between the spin tray and the bifilar coil. I had this bifilar coil wound to mount the ceramic bearing inside the 3/4", but I'm up at that r.p.m. without the bearings, and with the output coil sandwiched between the power coil and the spinner it appears to be doing practicly the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by synchro View Post
      I got my Bedini fan going to charge tickler coils in my solid state, nothing coming from that. I built a new skate bearing axel in a wooden make up box, and spun the 3/4" tube at around 5,000 r.p.m., then I spun a no bearing tube top style on a ball bearing to 18,500 with an output coil between the spin tray and the bifilar coil. I had this bifilar coil wound to mount the ceramic bearing inside the 3/4", but I'm up at that r.p.m. without the bearings, and with the output coil sandwiched between the power coil and the spinner it appears to be doing practicly the same thing.
      Hi synchro,

I have a variety of transformers to fool with, including a BIG one out of a UPS.
      I am working on the thyristor(SCR) feedback circuit next, but am currently playing with and learning from various one wire charging permutations, with different virtual and earth grounds. Testing with the plainjane trafo's are on my list, however... I will let you know when I get to those experiments.

Regarding your ticklers may I recommend using some Joule Thief circuits? You will be able to achieve a MUCH higher frequency with those as opposed to the Bedini/Imhotep fan. I would make sure to use variable resistors on the transistor base so you can tune it properly, and perhaps even some variable caps paralleled with the output for further tuning capabilites.

Cheers,
      Twinbeard
      "Anything the mind can conceive and believe, it CAN achieve." Napoleon Hill

Comment

• Joule Thief.

@Twinbeard,

I sent your video link to several good friends who are wealthy and influential. We'll have to wait and see what they think. Faraday's realy the author of the Aether Vortex Torsion theory, not Tesla, because Faraday genearted as much power spining the magnets along with the copper disk as when held aside. He first used this theory to explain that effect. The other convincing proof is "Jackscholze's" video of the disconected power spin. I have been trying explain some of my hi speed surprises this way too.

I have to first start the tube spiner, then put he coil in place. I can't get the magnet to start up over the output coil, but once spining, the Lenz is lite enough to allow the magnet to maintain super cost efficency hi speed.

When you speak of the Thane Hienz perpetia effect is this what your talking about, the pre-boost you give the spiner to slip the Lenz?

Thanks for the Joule Thief idea. I think I'll try that too. Congratulations on what looks like a speed record of 2.4 million r.p.m.'s.!
        Last edited by synchro; 08-09-2010, 02:57 AM.

Comment

@Twinbeard,

I sent your video link to several good friends who are wealthy and influential. We'll have to wait and see what they think. Faraday's realy the author of the Aether Vortex Torsion theory, not Tesla, because Faraday genearted as much power spining the magnets along with the copper disk as when held aside. He first used this theory to explain that effect. The other convincing proof is "Jackscholze's" video of the disconected power spin. I have been trying explain some of my hi speed surprises this way too.
          Thank you for the recommendation. I very much appreciate it

Ahh. Faraday. I love Faraday. Maxwell too. Upon reading Maxwell's ORIGINAL complete theory, my eyes opened quite wider.

Once upon a time, I bought an IBM S/390 Mainframe from US Government Surplus for portions of pennies on the dollar. I still have it. In fact, it came with two large triple 42U rack storage servers, called ESS2105 "Sharks." I hacked linux onto one Shark (4 x PPC RSII-64 chips and 4G of memory per host x 2 hosts per rack, redundant everything, MSRP about a cool million each... beefy) but the other was unrecoverable, so I stripped it for parts. Here is a pic of one of the beasts, and of the lcd output after the linux port so you know I am talking out of my mouth and not the other end:

http://gnuveau.net/sharkim/DSCF0026.JPG
          http://gnuveau.net/2105.jpg

In any case, it would have cost me a small fortune to have 3-phase installed at my location then to power the mainframe proper(the shark ran on 240), so I started thinking about ways to generate the requisite juice to run it. I found Faraday's wheel in the process, which led me to Depalma, and I started dreaming of a thing similar to the rotoverter, which at the time (2004 or so) I had never heard of. Then again, being a computer guy, I did not know much about Lenz either... I only had a good understanding of DC power systems from working with mobile electronics in cars for several years.

Eventually, I decided that the mainframe was too much power to run, so I just warehoused it, and began work on the SolarNetOne solar powered Linux Terminal network system that I sell now ( solarnetone.org ). Trying to bring the cost down(about $7500 for the power system is steep for developing nations), I revisited Faraday, which brought me to this forum. I have been steadily reading and building for several months now to the end of replacing or shrinking the solar array with something smaller and cheaper.

I agree... Faraday found it, Maxwell documented and quantified it, and Tesla extended it to a global scale, notwithstanding the obfusication of Gibbs, Heaviside, and the rest of academia at the time.

Originally posted by synchro View Post
          I have to first start the tube spiner, then put he coil in place. I can't get the magnet to start up over the output coil, but once spining, the Lenz is lite enough to allow the magnet to maintain super cost efficency hi speed.
          As I explain in the video, I have to first start the 1" rotor being driven by the hockey puck coil bedini. Then, _without_ the generator coil in place, I physically move the 1" rotor so that it starts the small rotor in the FlowerPower spinning, via the "satellite effect" shown in the early parts of this thread, mainly by JonnyDavro and Lidmotor, iirc. Once the small rotor "syncs" with the large one, and starts rotating, I move the larger rotor away
          and let the FlowerPower coil drive the small rotor. At this point, the large rotor is out of the equation. Were I to use a standard NPN or Darlington, I do not think this would be necessary, but my using the MOSFET w/o a gate driver, I really have to get that little rotor going pretty well before it produces enough voltage in the trigger winding of the starship coil to fire up the MOSFET. Only after that is done do I introduce the generator coil on top of the starship, and position the rotor in its housing about 1cm above the surface of the starship, inside the generator coil, directly above the aircore of the starship. Note that the starting position of the rotor is dead center (x,y, and z axis) inside the starship.

When you speak of the Thane Hienz perpetia effect is this what your talking about, the pre-boost you give the spiner to slip the Lenz?
          No. I am talking about the generator coil. Thane figured out that one could use the parasitic capacitance effect displayed when high impedence coils are pulsed by passing rotor magnets to essentially delay the creation of a counter magnetic field in generator coil... effectively bypassing Lenz drag because it is shifted out of phase by the minute delay. The high frequency creates an _electrostatic_ charge on the _surface_ of the generator coil wire for a brief instant before it decays into current in the coil, then creating the normal field around the coil. Now, instead of the coil decelerating the rotor under load, it delays it enough that it actually sucks the next magnet (or rotation in my case) in, providing an additional motor effect with the associated rotor acceleration included. I posit that there is an equation to be extracted there somewhere, and the variables include frequency of pulsing, impedence of coil, possibly number of turns, and possibly wire gauge. Most folks try to eliminate parasitic capacitance in circuits... Thane optimized for it and reaped the benefits! We need a Faraday to quantify that empirically, and then a Maxwell to memorialize it. Until then, we are just pissing in the wind and luckily hitting an electric fence

Thane explains it here:
          YouTube - ‪GOD'S APRIL FOOLS JOKE on Science & the SECRET‬‎

*edit* Thane is not pissing in the wind. He has determined EXACTLY where to piss for his rotor

I will try to put together a video showing how I start the device, and one showing the acceleration effect with scope shots. Its a pity the audio range is bad on my camera and the ambient noise is so high due to all the fans here, because there is an audibly detectable difference... you can actually hear the frequency ramping up while watching waveforms get closer together on the scope... all the way past where I can hear. The effect is strongest when the generator coil is at a dead short. You can probably get this effect as well, if you have 100 ohm coil or so, and can get your rotation over 900-1000Hz. Just put the coil there and short the two leads together.
          I was able to get acceleration out of a 9ohm coil wound with #18 or 20 AWG at about 7500Hz... it was a very large degaussing coil off the back of a 42" CRT television that I manhandled around a bit of PVC pipe. I joked that it was no longer a deguassing coil, but a delenzing coil

Thanks for the Joule Thief idea. I think I'll try that too. Congratulations on what looks like a speed record of 2.4 million r.p.m.'s.!
          No problem on the JT. It seems closer to what Sweet's VTA did, and the exciter part of the MEG as well. Let us know how that turns out!

As to the RPMs... many thanks! I was considering what might happen if we up the drive voltage to 48VDC or so... its running on anywhere from 12.8 to 14.3VDC from the solar array now, depending on the time of day. Tesla said he drove his Magnifying Transmitter at around 150Khz, so I have some catching up to do, I think, if I want to start setting records!

Cheers,
          Twinbeard
          Last edited by twinbeard; 08-09-2010, 05:25 AM. Reason: joke amended

Comment

• FlowerPower Device start sequence

Hi Synchro,

Here is a short clip of the startup sequence of the device:

YouTube - ‪fpstart‬‎

I will have my lovely wife shoot a vid showing the Thanes acceleration effect once she wakes up... I do not have enough hands to do it properly alone

Cheers,
            Twinbeard

Comment

• Thanes.

@Piratetwinbeard,

Thanks! I'm enjoying your videos very much . The Starship Coil looks awesome. Looks like a Si-Fi warp factor power plant. The start sequence for "The secret energy pellet". The lighting's great the equipment backdrop, and your expert language make these 4 star videos. Looking forward to your next demonstration of Thane's effect.

I ran my 3/4 inch spinner up to 18.5 K r.p.m. top style over a pancaked output coil sandwiched from below by a bifilar bedini. The output is uniform even though the spinner is zig zaging around. I realized that this extra orbital motion adds an additional charge advantage. The magnet top requires a pre-start and placement. I'll try and wire this output to the charge battery or back to source to compare to my magnet core coil design. Magnetman120003 uses this configuration, but his mag-lev axel bearing may be a waste of time. Twinbeard's videos have reconvinced me that; "The less the better". I have a relay ready to wire in for the Davro advantage.
              Last edited by synchro; 08-09-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

@Piratetwinbeard,

Thanks! I'm enjoying your videos very much . The Starship Coil looks awesome. Looks like a Si-Fi warp factor power plant. The start sequence for "The secret energy pellet". The lighting's great the equipment backdrop, and your expert language make these 4 star videos. Looking forward to your next demonstration of Thane's effect.
                Many thanks. You are too kind. Hhoforvolts came up with the starship idea. All I did was make a permutation. Several, actually, but that one I named the Leedskalnin Varient Starship. Just like putting together a program from open source code... this library, that subroutine...

#include <solararray.h>
                #include "libpulsemtor/bedini.h"
                #include "libpulsemotor/onemagnetnobearing.h
                #include "libinductor/starship.h"
                #include "libinductor/perepiteia.h"

My wife differs a bit in opinion concerning the scenery. I asked that I clean the lab before she would help film. Alas, the lab is halfway clean already. Haha. I would have rallied her to help anyway, but she is right. This place needs a good once over. I'll add in a closeup of the mystic pellet to the video.

I ran my 3/4 inch spinner up to 18.5 K r.p.m. top style over a pancaked output coil sandwiched from below by a bifilar bedini. The output is uniform even though the spinner is zig zaging around.
                I realized that this extra orbital motion adds an additional charge advantage.
                That is a really excellent idea with the pancake. If that stabilizes output while still allowing the rotor to precess. I have tried several different rotor housing type combos that allowed for different movement patterns, including just the mirror underneath.

I noticed that at certain base impedences, the rotor would simply orbit the core of the coil on its inner edge at 7-8 rpms, in addition to its high frequency rotation. You could watch the rotational vector change as well, as though there were a slow orbiting field of some type that it was keeping its pole over pole primary rotation aligned to. Geez, I guess there is another demo for the video.

If I were to want to take advantage of that as freely as possible, I think I would find a way to house the rotor in a hollow torus of approximately the path and radius necessary to optimize output. Perhaps on the outer diameter of that, one could put up a tesla coil secondary...

The magnet top requires a pre-start and placement.
                I'll try and wire this output to the charge battery or back to source to compare to my magnet core coil design. Magnetman120003 uses this configuration, but his mag-lev axel bearing may be a waste of time. Twinbeard's videos have reconvinced me that; "The less the better". I have a relay ready to wire in for the Davro advantage.
                I think that maglev is pretty cool. I think a liquid nitrogen maintained superconducting environment allowing levitation in that manner would be even cooler. Da dum,. ching.

I used his relay coil in the "jumpstart rotor" motor. I have found that with some other motors, it adds too much impedence, and make it difficult to start. A simple toggle across the coil or coil/cap perhaps fixes that to allow the motor to start easily, and with the flip of a switch, the power savings of the relay coil is realized. I use a similar "gearing" system on a bedini monopole I made from an old server hard disk, but I simply toggle out the base resistor, having found the correct value for resonance first with a rheostat, and then replacing that with a fixed resistor. Perhaps an hour or two to revisit that motor will be in order eventually, for the addition of a 3rd gear using that relay, some diodes, and a cap to store it in... another 'node' on the long wire, so to speak.

*Edit* I have gotten several requests for schematics. I will make a nice one as soon as I have the opportunity, and post a link here.

The sun sets on another day:

Cheers,
                Twinbeard
                Last edited by twinbeard; 08-10-2010, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• tangentally off topic... its a pattern behaviour.

The coolest thing I saw on Monday:

YouTube - &#x202a;K0W0O0N0's Channel&#x202c;&lrm;

I have heard of coils singing before, but this is just way over the top!
                  Last edited by twinbeard; 08-10-2010, 06:26 AM. Reason: brain moves faster than fingers in trancelike state

Comment

• Pictures.

Here's a picture of the coils, coil cans, two core spinners, the little blue teflon plumber spool, and my 20k bifilar with a ceramic bearing showing on the left side of the axel, hanging over the cardboard walls. Zoom in for this.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by synchro; 08-10-2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• schematic and photo

Hi All,

I will be shooting some video tonight, but I wanted to go ahead and get the schematic up for all who have asked.

Here is an image of the interior of the chassis:
                      Hi Res Image

I took this image the day I added the barrier strip to the top and mounted the toggle for the charge output capacitors. I have not opened the case since.

Cheers,
                      Twinbeard

Comment

• Cook battery.

I believe it's possible to perpetualy power a no bearing spinner with the Cook oscillator I built half of already, and have test results over at my "Oscillator thread". I plan to try this as soon as my new magnets show up.

Comment

• Pulse Width Modulation

You know, following along with everyone's experiments and being unable to conduct my own right now is very frustrating.

One thing that occurred to me is that all attempts to draw power from any of these self triggered pulsed coil devices results in an undesirable feedback loop where the rotor slows under load reducing output which slows the rotor even more which reduces output etc.

But how about if you isolate the coil modulation from the rotor by separating the trigger circuit. To do that you need an independent controller which we commonly know as a pulsed width modulator (pwm) controller. Pulse-width modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Buy one here for 8 bucks:
                          FK804 DC Motor Speed Control

Then you spin up your neo using precise and independent coil switching. After that, you use whatever power extraction method is most efficient and you can feed back the recovered power into the PWM supply or storage cap. without destabilizing your rotors.

Worth a try to overcome the negative feedback trap. What do you think?
                          When you pick up a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way...

Comment

• @Twinbeard.Hi and welcome.
                            First i would like to thank you for sharing your results and circuit here and also your vids are amazing in both what they show and how you present them with both explanations and questions and i am sure you are going to get quite a few questions about your setup,i myself have a few .
                            Regarding Thane Heins Perepiteia effect,I was under the understanding that it was a redirection of the magnetic flux created by the pickup coil that reinforced the rotor flux and the effect gets stronger as rpms increase as more bemf flux is produced and it spirals from there but you mentioned that there may be a phase shift due impart to an hv electrostatic field.I think you may have found something new or has Thane documented this?You may be able to see if there is a hv electrostatic field present by using an avramenko plug led detector.
                            Regarding your starship coil.Can you tell us more about it and the additions you have made which make it different to hhoforvolts starship and are these additions vital to negate the bemf or is the high impedence pick up coil that is key?
                            Have you tried your circuit with a Bifilar Bedini coil or is the starship vital?
                            If you swap the mosfet for a transitor,do the rpm's slow to a normal bedini level for a sphere motor?
                            Does it still work if you use a cheap and nasty pot?
                            It is quite evident from the insane rpm's you are getting "2.4 million" that you have have something different here and i hope the wider Bedini community see your motor as there must be some strange things happening at such speeds,maybe even a sonic boom.
                            You must have what is the fastest motor on the planet in front of you and i have the feeling this is the start of something big.Nice work.Jonny.
                            @Synchro.Thanks for all your posts keeping us informed of your progress.I am finding it quite fascinating and I am as excited as you by your latest discoveries,infact you have made so many in a week it is quite difficult to keep up .
                            I am not sure which setup you are finding charges the cap best,your own or your modified cook coil but are you seeing this diuranl effect that you mentioned on your thread with both setups?
                            I can see though that you are looking at the bigger picture as each magnet in your stack may not produce much voltage but the fact that it is producing any is amazing and when you use multiple magnets/stacks,it will add up to a useable source of free energy and the one mag bedini may proove a good choice of load as Lidmotor has one which runs on 500uA at less than a volt and your own may be similar so you may be closer than you think to a pepetual spinning rotor from which current can be extracted.Keep up the great work synchro.Its been a good week here with a motor spinning at 2.4 million rpms and your OU coil setups as that's what you've got .Exciting times.Jonny
                            @El-tigre.Good to here from you and i feel your pain when i am away from my kitchen lab but you will make up for lost time and you are on the team here anyway .Thanks for posting your idea and it should not be to difficult to try but i think xenomorph may have tried a 555 pulse circuit way back and timing may have been an issue but a long time ago i made a vid of a four rotor bedini which had two of the four rotors spinning in sync without triggering so i know it can be done.Cheers.Jonny.

Comment

• Hi All,

Youtube apparently will not allow me to upload the latest video due to length.
                              Its 34 minutes or so. I encoded it as an .rm file. Most should be able to stream it, until i have a chance to re-encode in 3 smaller segments for youtube.

Please do not click the video multiple times... it will not make it load any faster, nor stop any stuttering video. What will help with that is pausing your video player, and letting the video stream all the way in or at least build up a good buffer before playing it back.

I hope you all enjoy it:

http://www.gnuveau.net/pulse/piratebroadcastshow.rm

*Edit*

Ok, the above was just a rough cut. The final cut is a few minutes longer. It is 1.7Gb, so I am a) having it uploaded to youtube by an associate who has no length limitation on his account, b) cutting it into 4 @8 minute segments to upload to my channel, and c) preparing a torrent so the file will be available without my server getting pounded all to hell and back. Links will be posted here when they are ready.

*Edit2*

Here is the link to the final cut, full 36 minutes in one video.

YouTube - FlowerPower Device Further Tests and Observations

I am also posting the same video cut into 3 parts on my channel:

YouTube - Pirate Broadcast Show, Part1 of 3
                              YouTube - Pirate Broadcast Show, Part2 of 3
                              YouTube - Pirate Broadcast Show, Part3 of 3

Cheers,
                              Twinbeard
                              Last edited by twinbeard; 08-12-2010, 01:00 PM. Reason: update video links

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                                @Twinbeard.Hi and welcome.
                                First i would like to thank you for sharing your results and circuit here and also your vids are amazing in both what they show and how you present them with both explanations and questions and i am sure you are going to get quite a few questions about your setup,i myself have a few .
                                Hey, thanks Jonny!

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                                Regarding Thane Heins Perepiteia effect,I was under the understanding that it was a redirection of the magnetic flux created by the pickup coil that reinforced the rotor flux and the effect gets stronger as rpms increase as more bemf flux is produced and it spirals from there but you mentioned that there may be a phase shift due impart to an hv electrostatic field.I think you may have found something new or has Thane documented this?You may be able to see if there is a hv electrostatic field present by using an avramenko plug led detector.
                                I show the acceleration in the most recent video, which I am taking a break from processing for youtubage now. It is likely to be useful to have a flux path between prime mover (the starship in this case) and the generator stage. In this case, both prime mover and generator are sharing the rotor, so we can safely assume there is an active fluxpath there in the b-field of the rotor. The acceleration/self motor effect is a result of the generator coils property of parasitic capacitance, which phase shift the current output of the coil in relation to the passing rotor. We make Lenz wait a minute
                                Thane picked up on this... all I did was verify by replicating with a different prime mover arrangement. The AV plug is a good idea. Where can I find a schematic please?

Regarding your starship coil.Can you tell us more about it and the additions you have made which make it different to hhoforvolts starship and are these additions vital to negate the bemf or is the high impedence pick up coil that is key?
                                Well, I made a 24 point jig. I wound both wires together, bifilar, about a dozen turns. Here is a scan of the jig:

We are not negating back emf... we are delaying it slightly until a point in the rotation where it helps us, not hinders. The high impedance coil as the generator stage is key to overcome lenz drag on the prime mover, as is the high frequency. I cannot stress the latter enough.

Have you tried your circuit with a Bifilar Bedini coil or is the starship vital?
                                If you swap the mosfet for a transitor,do the rpm's slow to a normal bedini level for a sphere motor?
                                The "jumpstart" motor is essentially an identical circuit, with the exception of 2 variable resistors as opposed to one, slightly different diodes, a standard bedini on a radio shack hockey puck spool, and a 1" rotor. Lucky to get 500hz on that, but that is trying to move lots more mass too. I have not tried the smaller (@?) 1/4" rotor with the hockey puck coil. I suspect performance would be similar, although there may be some gain to be exploited by starships "antenna-like" design. The starship does concentrate the magnetic field of the coil in the center, which is very handy.

A pancake coil would be worth a go as well. I was actually considering swapping the mosfet for a gate driver and an IGBT. The sharper your transient spikes (absolute value of slope closer to 1 than 0), and the shorter the duration of switching time, the better, it appears.

Does it still work if you use a cheap and nasty pot?
                                It is quite evident from the insane rpm's you are getting "2.4 million" that you have have something different here and i hope the wider Bedini community see your motor as there must be some strange things happening at such speeds,maybe even a sonic boom.
                                I burned up all the cheap and nastys out of TV's while playing with the imhotep fan, so I hit ebay and got a good deal on about 30 of those Ohmites, and have found more and a varied selection at my local electronics recycling store for a couple bucks each. For interesting sonic properties, check out the latest vid. I welcome the larger community

You must have what is the fastest motor on the planet in front of you and i have the feeling this is the start of something big.Nice work.Jonny.
                                Thanks for the kind words, Jonny, and thanks for posting the original snake egg! Inspiring!

Cheers,
                                Twinbeard

Comment

Working...
                                X