Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to get something straight...
    Can the semi-conductor layer be as simple as a video I watched on YouTube recently.
    Two Penny Solar Collector - YouTube
    It's for a solar cell from pennies. He simply heats the pennies and then removes the black oxidation to leave the red oxidation. The method works, it responds to light by increasing in voltage.
    Am I right in thinking that we replace the water with salts and voila, semi-conductor salts cell ?

Small confirmation of wavering cell action - the AAA is still going, but has exhibited a very strange effect.
    Yesterday morning at approx 4am it stopped. The light started up on the oscillator again at around 2pm. Last night it stopped again, at around 4am and was still off when I got up at middday. it's just started back up again !
    Throughout all, it has remained connected to the oscillator.
    Last edited by Slider2732; 09-28-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Jehdds:
      You did not show the voltage readings between the copper and the clean shinny part of the magnesium electrode, as a comparison. Its there any difference, compared to the "semiconductor part, and the copper?
      The main thing is what is the output, and how long it will last.

Comment

• Everythin. Has a black/white "whole" so there you have your coherent input output of information or energy. Sin e the ideal crystal structure isbased on tetrahedrons you can expect results from this salts having this geometric lattices as per which ones are ideal remainds to be aeen through study and experimentation ..I'm about to revive
        Y copper pointsetia lamp containing cement and quartz at a 50 lb weight which is still after 2 years putting out 1.5 volts but not readable amps it was lightning up 3 supe bright big blue leds with toroid joule thief didn't last but 3 or so days with long aluminum and rusted now copper electrodes cement's che.ical reaction depleted?. I must revive my wife's mother's day gift!! ....or I won't. Have a reason as to why I'm doing this. from her point of view! ...cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
          Jehdds:
          You did not show the voltage readings between the copper and the clean shinny part of the magnesium electrode, as a comparison. Its there any difference, compared to the "semiconductor part, and the copper?
          Yes there is a difference. Bare magnesium nominal reading.
          I will make another video to show this clearly.
          Very Best Regards,
          Jim

Comment

• Hi guys!

Any tips for the best stuff to use to seal the battery? I got the bouncing back effect with my cells, but all of mine have failed over time. I think Nick is absolutely right - I need some sealant.

Is epoxy OK? Dont really know much about sealants. Is epoxy permeable to water?

Cheers

PS I DO like the idea of at least trying a carbon rod from a battery, like Nick, but I remember how long it took me to split open the last battery for carbon rods If I build up the strength.....
            Last edited by seth; 09-28-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seth View Post
              Hi guys!

Any tips for the best stuff to use to seal the battery? I got the bouncing back effect with my cells, but all of mine have failed over time. I think Nick is absolutely right - I need some sealant.

Is epoxy OK? Dont really know much about sealants. Is epoxy permeable to water?

Cheers
              @ seth:
              I have used both of these products.
              http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/easycast-casting-epoxy-807347/
              http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/polyester-casting-resin-with-catalyst-840462/
              They are a little pricey and do not set up quickly. I have had excellent results with both though. I am sure there are many products that will work fine. One that I know does not work well is “Super Glue Gel”.
              Love your thread “How to light an LED with no battery (or AV plug).” Got to try some of those experiments you have been doing.
              Brad S

Comment

• 5 minute epoxy is what I use. 2 tubes and you mix them together. My mistake, it seems, was to not mix the two tube amounts for long enough...which is pretty funny because I use it often for aircraft models !
                People use it on model boats as a sealant..it is heavy though if used excessively.

The Coast to Coast link is up btw...the show starts with CME info that some of us may have experienced with our cells. Then the main guest of the first 2 hours has some weird thoughts on crystal energy: Coast To Coast AM: Light Speed Communications / Spontaneous Combustion 9-27-2011 Download Link - YouTube

Making 4x semi-conductor pennies cells. Will report if anything happens with those.
                Last edited by Slider2732; 09-28-2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Midnight reading

For those looking for something to read, here's a good book.

Ceramics as Electrical Materials

rw
                  My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• IT WORKS !
                    The 2 pennies as a semiconductor do increase in amperage with sunlight
                    Simply wet salt is between these that i'm showing.

Solar Power Pennies - YouTube

Comment

Jehdds:
                      Guys,
                      Here you go.
                      Zn0 Inerface RETEST - YouTube
                      Very Best Regards,
                      Jim

Comment

• Years ago I told an european engineer that themayans new how to harvest electricity he disregarded me sarcastically asking "hooo yeah and then where are the machines? Where are the wires.." just to show you how short shighted we can be ..ceramics piezoelectric and wireless are the future...Again.

Comment

• Jim:
                          That is a pretty amazing find with the oxide layer. Thanks for the video.
                          But when you are doing the meter readings of the bare part of the magnesium with the copper, you are getting no voltage because there is no electrolyte separating the two metals. That is not how you take a reading of the voltage difference between the two different metals, by touching one metal to the other.
                          The oxide layer is acting as the electrolyte, allowing ions to pass while filtering the electrical conduction. Possibly an electrolyte can be considered a semiconductor? I don't know. But the rest of the bare Mg is not.
                          Try putting a little piece of wet paper towel on top of the bare spot, and try to take another reading of the voltage again. You may find that you get a similar voltage reading as compared to the oxide layer section.

Comment

Jim:
                            That is a pretty amazing find with the oxide layer. Thanks for the video.
                            But when you are doing the meter readings of the bare part of the magnesium with the copper, you are getting no voltage because there is no electrolyte separating the two metals. That is not how you take a reading of the voltage difference between the two different metals, by touching one metal to the other.
                            The oxide layer is acting as the electrolyte, allowing ions to pass while filtering the electrical conduction. Possibly an electrolyte can be considered a semiconductor? I don't know. But the rest of the bare Mg is not.
                            Try putting a little piece of wet paper towel on top of the bare spot, and try to take another reading of the voltage again. You may find that you get a similar voltage reading as compared to the oxide layer section.
                            Nick,
                            Thanks. Is not the tap water an electrolyte? The paper towel test is a poor reference due to unknown quantitative acidic washes for pulp etc and obvious incorporated unknown chemicals. I am NOT using deionized distilled h20. Just good old Lake Superior aquifer tap water. What is key is the qualitative comparison of all three layers using the SAME ELECTROLYTE thus, a comparison is valid. Incorporating a layer of unknown fibrous/chemical altered cellulose would muck the clarity to be sure. If this is incorrect, please let me know why the addition of a compounding variable such as paper towel on bare magnesium is a valid comparison in so far as we are trying to ascertain what the nature and modus of the interface layer is.
                            Please forgive my insistence on this issue.
                            What is interesting to me is the tenacity of the layer and it is not pitting the metal. Dry it out, leave it, short it, re-hydrate ( really tiny amount ) it and it bounces back. My tests thus far are TINY and sealed test cell #4 shows 58 mA and 1.5 volts after a day of rest after shorting. Each Half of the pile cell shows 1.558-1.559.V , 57 mA. No rehydration of the pile cell.
                            The cells albeit nominal in the output at this scale, I am still optimistic that the utilization of Zn0, Epsoms, Silica gel , galina, and Iron Pyrite may be VERY useful in creating a tenacious layer on Magnesium and perhaps even Aluminum that essentially would allow for a battery to be made with nominal fluid electrolyte requirements or vapor in sealed environment etc. I am observing what appears to certainly be a bit more that galvanic action at this point as the etiology of the function of the cell. What is it that we are trying to do? Replicate the Marcus Reid cell,? Of Course!! BRAVO AND KUDOS TO MARCUS!! Unlike JB, I am a small time researcher bumbling about thinking and really trying to figure out HOW AND WHY WHAT MARCUS REID, JB and some others may already know. Am I getting close? I have no way to know other than empiric observation and experimental testing. More to follow for sure. I tell you, I see the potential for this is very inspiring. I thank you and all for your patience and tolerance of my findings.
                            Very Best Regards,
                            Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                              Nick,
                              Thanks. Is not the tap water an electrolyte? The paper towel test is a poor reference due to unknown quantitative acidic washes for pulp etc and obvious incorporated unknown chemicals.

<snip for brevity>

Am I getting close? I have no way to know other than empiric observation and experimental testing. More to follow for sure. I tell you, I see the potential for this is very inspiring. I thank you and all for your patience and tolerance of my findings.
                              Very Best Regards,
                              Jim
                              I think what is meant that the 2 electrodes should not be allowed to touch each other, as this will in essence make a short circuit.

But you are right, plain water is enough, but just be sure to NOT get the two metals touch each other - how steady is your hand haha-. better use a bit larger drip... Place the electrode inside the drip of water, but don't let it touch the other magnesium electrode. My prediction would be that you likely get a slightly higher reading, but just barely higher then the polarized one.

Yes, I think you get close :-) You saw my PM ?

--
                              NextGen1967

Comment

• Originally posted by NextGen1967 View Post
                                I think what is meant that the 2 electrodes should not be allowed to touch each other, as this will in essence make a short circuit.

But you are right, plain water is enough, but just be sure to NOT get the two metals touch each other - how steady is your hand haha-. better use a bit larger drip... Place the electrode inside the drip of water, but don't let it touch the other magnesium electrode. My prediction would be that you likely get a slightly higher reading, but just barely higher then the polarized one.

Yes, I think you get close :-) You saw my PM ?

--
                                NextGen1967

Tested and True. The water conducts and creates a voltage. That is via Galvanic correct? The essential question is that is what is happening at the interface layer if it is galvanic or other. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this. After all this is an open forum and all will benefit with insights. I would rather have you mention your view than my repeating it.
                                Is the interface layer a protective "filter" that allows for voltage without the concomitant deterioration of the magnesium? That is the question.
                                Very Best Regards, and thank you for your insights to be sure.
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X