No announcement yet.

Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loads of Papers concerning doping, polycrystals..

Hi everyone,

I found a fraunhofer institute that works a load with semiconducting crystal structures.
    here is a long list of there papers:

http://publica.fraunhofer.de/starweb...arch=BARCD=IWM

One Example:

Density functional theory study for polycrystalline ZnO doped with Si or Nb

Autor(en): Körner, W.; Elsässer, C.

Abstract
    We present a density functional theory analysis for polycrystalline ZnO doped with the potential multiple donors silicon and niobium. A self-interaction correction allows a more accurate description of the defect formation energies as well as the additional electronic doping levels, which enable us to evaluate the influence of Si and Nb doping on the optical transparency and electrical conductivity of ZnO. According to our study, Si and Nb point defects in the bulk crystal or at grain boundaries lead to electronic dopant levels that may explain the high electrical n-type conductivity combined with the high transparency achieved by several experimental groups.

Cheers,

Prato

Comment

• Still thinking about roach killer and stovetop
      came across utube on trimethyl borate.
      notice methanol dissolves boric, and that the shape is 3d zig zaggidy for ion tunnels, the color of the flame as to frequency shift from blue.
      Could there be another crystal that would combine with this?

08 - Green Fire with Trimethyl Borate - YouTube
      Bahr's Class - Colored Flames - YouTube
      Last edited by mikrovolt; 10-16-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• @microvolt I have a roach killer stove top type running at the moment and it has been a surprising ride. The cell was cooked up, alum on top, but for longer than usual until it turned black - just to see what happens.
        A piece of the hardened mix was put in a plastic cap from a drink bottle and the cell had just 0.040V on it. Soooo...not wishing to just throw it away, a couple of drops of Spic+Span cleaner were put on and it was then fully sealed in hotglue. What the heck, might last a couple of days on a blocking oscillator ?
        It's still going, running my Ha'penny 'Penny' type oscillator..

These are the figures so far, showing an initial slow rise in voltage, then a small fall, before a rise again on Wednesday night (might be CME related ?):

-----------------------------------------
        Water bottle cap cell - 10th October 2011

Stove top - Pre-heated baking soda, Boric Acid powder, Alum on top
        Overcooked to black, Spic+Span added after 'fail'.
        Sealed with hotglue.
        Electrodes - copper/galvanized steel

Monday
        19.30pm 0.766V
        01.00am 0.808V
        Tuesday
        12.30pm 0.810V
        12.30am 0.816V
        Wednesday
        12.30pm 0.797V
        05.00pm 0.801V
        Thursday
        01.00am 0.805V
        02.00pm 0.800V
        Friday
        01.00am 0.796V
        Saturday
        02.25am 0.790V
        02.20pm 0.783V
        Sunday
        12.15am 0.778V
        03.30pm 0.772V
        -----------------------------------------
        Last edited by Slider2732; 10-16-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• McCormicks Cream of Tartar MSDS

Originally posted by radiant1 View Post
          All three cells have an initial quick spike at 2.8 volts then go down to about 1.2 volts. Cell number 2 has the highest ma at 20, so we cant light leds.

Learning from our first build we must melt the salts in the cell container itself. Its too thick and dries too quick to move it around.

As soon as we get the ma's up on one cell we are going to fire a ceramic box with grooves on 2 sides to hold metal sheets. This box will be open on the top. The salts will be melted in this box and alternating hot copper and magnesium sheets will be quickly put into the slots to form a multi cell - cell. All like plates are going to be charged at the same time.

Brad, yes very addictive, and until some one proves by chemistry and physics how these work and work best, many experiments need to be done.

To who ever was going to check on Mcormicks cream of tartar is it ok to use?
          Alan
          As it was told to me by McCormicks in the last post, yes it is Potassium Bitartrate www.energeticforum.com/159146-post1595.html

Here Alan, McCormicks never emailed the MSDS spec sheet as they said, so I retrieved it from MSDS online. Sorry for the delay!

Also here's an MSDS on Rochelle Salt

For anyone who wants some basics this is a quick primmer. Semiconductor Materials, Junctions, and Devices

Nice work everyone, very nice!

Mike
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Michael Kishline; 10-17-2011, 05:45 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

• I'm starting to see a theme with the Crystal Glue cells (Epsom salt, salt substitute and Elmer's glue). Giving a load, either a short or a circuit, the Glue cell will eventually go down in voltage while connected to the load but does fluxuates up and down before going fully down. Once the load is removed and the cell is left to rest Voltage starts to climb back to the original voltage.

Take for example the crystal glue cell that has been shorted out for since 8-12-11 has it short removed and allowed to rest for one hour and its voltage bounces back to its original voltage. No battery ever created will bounce back to its original voltage when left shorted out for two months.

Now for the bad news. You don't have power unless you have amps. So Voltage climbs back fast while amps climb back slowly. Where voltage takes hours amps can take days. So these cells are mostly voltage where amps follows behind slowly. Kind of sound like what Tom Bearden says about not destroying the dipole, use only voltage and the battery will last for a long time.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
              I'm starting to see a theme with the Crystal Glue cells (Epsom salt, salt substitute and Elmer's glue). Giving a load, either a short or a circuit, the Glue cell will eventually go down in voltage while connected to the load but does fluxuates up and down before going fully down. Once the load is removed and the cell is left to rest Voltage starts to climb back to the original voltage.

Take for example the crystal glue cell that has been shorted out for since 8-12-11 has it short removed and allowed to rest for one hour and its voltage bounces back to its original voltage. No battery ever created will bounce back to its original voltage when left shorted out for two months.

Now for the bad news. You don't have power unless you have amps. So Voltage climbs back fast while amps climb back slowly. Where voltage takes hours amps can take days. So these cells are mostly voltage where amps follows behind slowly. Kind of sound like what Tom Bearden says about not destroying the dipole, use only voltage and the battery will last for a long time.
              I Concur,
              The voltage in the ZnO cells bounce back quickly but the current takes longer and I believe is more dependent upon the intrinsic moisture trapped. Has anyone used glycerine as an adjunct or substitution for rehydrating polycrystaline type cells? This is the next experiment for me. Advantage may be in creating a matrix that can go well below Zero, and may still show current increase without the worry of hydroscopic swelling and alteration of the polarized matrix. All thoughts welcome.
              Very Best Regards,
              Jim

Comment

• Crystal Glue Cells

Hi All,

I'm new here - so wanted to start out and say thanks for sharing and posting some really solid info. This thread is great and the you tube videos you guys post are excellent tools as well. Looks like there are some really awesome people here.

I needed to start somewhere so I did my first test today making IBs Crystal Glue Cells. I didn't have all his top rated materials yet (magnesium or salt substitute) so I improvised a bit.

I just used 3 aluminum mini cupcake trays with copper wire. Added a bit of tape to keep the wire from shorting it out.

I did have some white glue - it was not the same type IB used, but I used it anyway for today. It was the bond fast white glue.

I had epsom salts, borax, alum and cream or tartar at my disposal. I've seen these chemicals mentioned throughout the thread. So I made 3 crystal glue cells for a test.

1. Epsom & borax.
                2. Epsom & alum.
                3. Epsom & cream of tartar.

Within 5 minutes they all started showing a voltage, the epsom / alum and epsom / cream of tartar were about 440 mV and the epsom / borax was about 590 mV. Amperage wouldn't register.

Based on IB's videos, he saw a significant increase in voltage with the Magnesium & Copper versus aluminum & copper so I will try that when I get the magnesium.

So that was fun - but now the why....

I have a couple questions on the polycrystalline ingredients that maybe you guys know the answers to. Has anyone done any comparisons on which ones work best - voltage wise? Why only combine 2 - why not multiple?

@ IB is there any particular reason you prefer salt substitute & epsom salt for crystal glue cells versus borax or other chemicals you have used?

Chris

Comment

• Hybrid Stove Top Cell

@all:
                  Just wanted to show an update and give you the latest cell I made this past weekend. This is a combination of Steve (ibpointless2) "Stove Top" cell and the addition of Zinc Oxide that Jim (jehdds) has been using. I also added Antimony to the mix and sealed with white glue. If this cell holds up, I will also add another plastic seal later.

Hybrid Stove Top Crystal Cell - YouTube

Jim, I am a proponent of glycerin. I have used it in many galvanic cells and am currently performing tests with it now. Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, and water makes a terrific galvanic fuel cell. It also holds and gathers moisture very well. I hope your experiments work out well.

Brad S

Comment

• Ib and All :
                    Your current level are low because you only use the two small pieces of wire. You have surprised everyone already by being able to get 1.7 volts, with just using that set up. But, if you ever want to see some current, you'll have to make a cell that has more mass, as I'm sure you already know.
                    Most all cells tend to drop in output when put under a load because of the hydrogen build up creating a resistance and higher impedance on the positive rail. This hydrogen build up will not allow the flow of ions through the anode, as before. By disconnecting the cell it allows these gas bubbles from the hydrogen to attach themselves onto oxygen (air) to create water. That is why we will not get anywhere if the cells are not kept hermetic, as this water as well as the air is what is oxidizing the metal. You are right in thinking that the glue is helping, to a degree, but the hydrogen levels are still building up inside the cell, and if your output levels were higher the sealed cell can pop, like an overcharged capacitor.
                    The Reid cells may be the only ones that can maintain constant running voltage levels, but that may also be due in part from having very little current output. I don't remember having heard just how much current his cells can output, or even seeing them connected to leds, but I believe that John mentioned that 2.5 mA is about all that can be expected from that type of crystal semiconductor cell.

All my cells have dropped in voltage today, compare to a couple of days ago. Just in case some of you have noticed the same thing happen.

I have been reading up on the semiconductor idea, and how to best use it to increase the voltage that is already being created by the two different metal cells. I'm actually starting to get it...
                    It would be helpful if someone showed that they are obtaining anything over 2 volts, and over 50 mAs from their semiconductor cell. As that output can be achieved even without any of the additional semiconductor work. Or even to show that a single semiconductor cell can light a red led up fairly well.
                    JB has shown in his cu/mg star cell video that by using the smaller copper bowl and mag star inserted into the dehydrated molten salts, that he was able to get 1.9 volts and 17 mA, and lit an led brightly. He mentioned in that same video that he did not make the semiconductor, because he did not need to. Has this changed? And do the output levels maintain steady levels under load, with that non semiconductor cell? Or does it still start to drop after a while as do most cells.
                    This dropping of the running output over time is one of the main drawbacks of these cells, and something that still needs some working on to resolve.

Comment

• Voltage but not much amperage

"It is what it is" as the saying goes. These type cells seem to maintain a voltage if the amp draw is low enough. My crystal cells are hanging in there but John B. is right about the amperage expectations. The potential is there but you can't drive much.

I have been trying to make a pulse motor that will run on microamps like the Penny oscillators do but so far no luck. Pushing a rotor around is much harder to do than blinking an LED.

I have also been trying to learn the chemistry envolved in the semiconductor cell designs. What to dope what with and how much ----is still confusing to me. I think that to do this right you would need a full lab with a pro chemist standing behind you to help with the formulas and mixtures.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by magnegenix View Post

@ IB is there any particular reason you prefer salt substitute & epsom salt for crystal glue cells versus borax or other chemicals you have used?

Chris

The real reason why I used salt substitute was that i was looking for something that was radioactive but still safe, but later found out that the radioactivity of the cell has nothing to do with the voltage. The reason why I added Epsom salt was John Hutchinson was using it and I had it available. I tried many combinations and this one has work fine. I'm still making more combinations of different crystals and looking for the next great cell, but what I'm doing different is that now I'm using more of scientific method to get the power i need.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• It is what it is...

We have been under the weather here now for over a week, non stop rain, no sun, and my cells going up and down. I don't mind the up, but the down is rather sad. Right now none of my cells will light a red led, like they did a few days ago. I have also felt rather sick, even though I have no cold, or flue, or anything else. So, I think that there is something different in the ambient now.

My original idea was to make a group of cells, (as just one cell is not going to do much), and to connect them to the only system made that has a practical purpose, a system like Lasersaber has made, that is lighting 200 watts worth of bulbs. He is now using the solar panel to maintain the small battery, but with enough of these cells a smaller version can be made. And if not, then the small solar panels can be used instead. I am really looking to have a fully working 12 volt back- up system, that can operate 24/7. That is my purpose in working with these cells. The best way to get some usable light from them is to connect them to oscillators so that the most possible light can be produced without the cells being tapped or driven too hard.
                          After years of playing around, I don't seam to be getting any closer to my goals. And with 2012 around the corner, I'm getting a bit concerned.
                          For those that think that nothing much is happening, look around... the frequency of the planet is changing. It is being over-amped, just like the sun, poles are melting, weather is going wild... money is not worth the paper that its printed on. Hold on to your hats, we're going down, the captain already jumped the ship. Every man for himself.

Comment

• Power!!!! Scotty we need more POWER!!!! But Captain she can't take much more!!!!

Well it is still hard to beat a plain old lead acid battery coupled to a solar panel if you are looking for bang for the buck. I have the parts already to make a micro system at my little home and my boat is already there. To build a battery for the system from scratch that will match or better what is already available--- seems fruitless. Lasersaber's circuit is something that we all are waiting for. The metglas toroid is the only problem that I see because it is going to cost a whole bunch.
                            What is going on at this thread is an exploration of a something new in battery technology and I guess the focus should stay there even if the power output of the cells is dissapointing.

Here is a video of a few thing that I have done lately. The main reason that I post it is that at the end I show an old IB "Glue Battery" still alive and powering Penny No. 2.

CFL inductor pulse motor - YouTube

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Comment

• Crystal Cells

Lidmotor,
                              That is right it's going to be very hard to beat the good old common Lead Acid battery considering that they have had 200 years to make it much better.
                              The problem everybody faces with a crystal cell is the impedance. You just can't get much power with that type of impedance, but the one thing is that even at 2.5 Ma and the Crystal cell keeps going,that is very hard to beat. All my cells are still going on oscillator lights. The Reid cells do not waver from the output. The answer to Crystal Cells is the surface Area of the electrodes and parallel operation. When the crystal cells are in series the voltage is more but the impedance is again twice that of one cell. If your not careful the week one will reverse in the string and then it's just like having a load resistor in line. Crystal cells can be made just like Lead Acid batteries but I do not think anybody here has tried that, but it works for more current.
                              John B
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John,
                                Regarding surface area, would our efforts
                                Be best spent attempting to create the micromechanical surface alteration of the electrodes for example by bead blasting the electrodes vs simply increasing the footprint of the outline form of the
                                Electrodes?
                                My gut tells me
                                It is the microscopic type of surface area alteration that is needed.
                                Thank you for this hint and clarification.
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X