Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE NEED MORE POWER.... Amp reading on New Crystal Cell - YouTube
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• You know there is one thing about lead acid batteries and solar panels... bang for the buck, and all that is very true if you can afford it, but they are already available and working fine. On the other hand there are no perpetual light devices available, yet. Ones that you don't have to change the batteries, and you can take it to your cabin, boat, or camping, that don't have to be turned off, and will run for years.
      maybe that's where the fun and excitement lies, for at least a few of us.

Comment

• Guys,
        Putting this out as a possible data collection point for Nick Z.
        Of the multiple cells that I have created in the last few weeks, some which were outputting 30mA, in series 60mA now are only producing 10mA non series.
        Has anyone else noted a 30% reduction in CURRENT? The voltage seems less affected. Just curious if this is an isolated coincidence or if it is noticed around the areas. After all, the particular waves these devices may be tapping are perhaps more ubiquitous than one may envision.
        Thank you for your input.
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim

Comment

• John: I think that you really may have hit it on something... That the impedance goes up as the cells are placed in series. That is very good to know.
          So, the thing to do, is to make the surface area as large a possible and connect all cells in parallel, and then to the oscillator. Thus avoiding the higher impedance. Wow, sounds right...
          I'll give that a try, thanks John.
          And BTW I do plan on using larger 6 inch by 6 inch dissimilar metal plates for making a larger cell, but, it is the electrolyte film coating that I'm looking into first. The electrolyte can just be a layer or surface coating or film as such, and still transmit ions. I've been testing some E-poxy based electrolytes a bit.
          The idea of semicoductor cell, if it can really be proven to produce a higher voltage, than the non semicondutor cell like the mg/cu star cell, then that is where we should all focus on.

Comment

• Sweet!

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
            Please share, very impressive readings. What do your readings stabilize at?

Ib / lidmotor - can you help me here? Since I did not use the Aluminum Foil in my earlier builds of the "Stove Top" cell I cannot compare the readings of my new build with any accuracy. After 2 days running on the oscillator I finally checked this new cell that uses Zinc Oxide and Antimony added to Ib's original formula. Loaded with the pot at the minimum the meter reported 1.26 volts. Turned up the pot to the brightest light I could get and the meter bounced from 3.6 to 4.2 milliamps. How does this compare to your original cells?

I measured the Mg ribbon in this cell and I have 1 inch embedded in the crystal mixture. The ribbon is approx 1/8 inch wide so the surface area is roughly 0.25 square inches. A Harbor Freight Mg fire starter has approximately 9.4 square inches of surface area. That is over 35 times more surface area than the ribbon I used. Anyone care to guess what the current readings would be. I am seriously doubting that there would be a one to one relationship. Thanks JB, much to think about.

Brad S

Comment

• @ Ib2:
              That is amazing, can you let us know what "crystals" the mg ribbon and copper tube are working with, and if it lights leds by itself.
              More amps are more better... congratulations... quite a find.

Comment

• The quest for a "power" crystal battery

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                Lidmotor,
                That is right it's going to be very hard to beat the good old common Lead Acid battery considering that they have had 200 years to make it much better.
                The problem everybody faces with a crystal cell is the impedance. You just can't get much power with that type of impedance, but the one thing is that even at 2.5 Ma and the Crystal cell keeps going,that is very hard to beat. All my cells are still going on oscillator lights. The Reid cells do not waver from the output. The answer to Crystal Cells is the surface Area of the electrodes and parallel operation. When the crystal cells are in series the voltage is more but the impedance is again twice that of one cell. If your not careful the week one will reverse in the string and then it's just like having a load resistor in line. Crystal cells can be made just like Lead Acid batteries but I do not think anybody here has tried that, but it works for more current.
                John B
                @John
                I am glad that you think it is possible to tweak the crystal cell through physical design and multiplication----to get the power. As I recall the standard lead acid battery uses a grid type plate design to get the surface area. To get the voltage up by series connecting the cells seems a little tricky. Perhaps all the cells need to be exactly the same and built at the same time.

@Brad
                My stove top cells only produced that kind of amperage when they were new. Within a week they are at 1 mA or less. I think that you will have to wait awhile until yours stabilize. It seems that all these cells start out strong at first..

@IB
                We made those "barber pole" cells a ways back to get more amperage. The problem with them is that if there is a break in the coiled Mg strip the cell fails. It will be interesting to see if by using the soild crystal design the cell hangs together. Some of the people wrapped their cells with masking tape to help but the Mg just corroded away underneath the tape. Those cells were pure water galvanic in nature and doomed to failure.
                Lidmotor
                Last edited by Lidmotor; 10-19-2011, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                  @IB
                  We made those "barber pole" cells a ways back to get more amperage. The problem with them is that if there is a break in the coiled Mg strip the cell fails. It will be interesting to see if by using the soild crystal design the cell hangs together. Some of the people wrapped their cells with masking tape to help but the Mg just corroded away underneath the tape. Those cells were pure water galvanic in nature and doomed to failure.
                  Lidmotor
                  This barber pole crystal cell is not using water, its solid and hard now. I'm going to spray paint it to keep water out and allow it to run for a long time. Also some of the stuff used to make the cell should help to keep the cell together.

@all
                  if this latest cell is good enough i'll post how to make one but now I'm just now getting to test its abilities. It runs a LCD clock like its nothing, in-fact its now at a higher voltage then when i plugged the LCD clock in.
                  All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post
                    Please share, very impressive readings. What do your readings stabilize at?

Ib / lidmotor - can you help me here? Since I did not use the Aluminum Foil in my earlier builds of the "Stove Top" cell I cannot compare the readings of my new build with any accuracy. After 2 days running on the oscillator I finally checked this new cell that uses Zinc Oxide and Antimony added to Ib's original formula. Loaded with the pot at the minimum the meter reported 1.26 volts. Turned up the pot to the brightest light I could get and the meter bounced from 3.6 to 4.2 milliamps. How does this compare to your original cells?

I measured the Mg ribbon in this cell and I have 1 inch embedded in the crystal mixture. The ribbon is approx 1/8 inch wide so the surface area is roughly 0.25 square inches. A Harbor Freight Mg fire starter has approximately 9.4 square inches of surface area. That is over 35 times more surface area than the ribbon I used. Anyone care to guess what the current readings would be. I am seriously doubting that there would be a one to one relationship. Thanks JB, much to think about.

Brad S

If the LED is still lit then the cell is doing very well. If the cell recharges to its original voltage when the load is removed then the cell is doing very well. For more power you need to use bigger plates. To prolong the life of the cell you need to coat it in spray paint in-order to protect it from the surrounding moisture.

Comment

• Potential Materials

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                      This barber pole crystal cell is not using water, its solid and hard now. I'm going to spray paint it to keep water out and allow it to run for a long time. Also some of the stuff used to make the cell should help to keep the cell together.

@all
                      if this latest cell is good enough i'll post how to make one but now I'm just now getting to test its abilities. It runs a LCD clock like its nothing, in-fact its now at a higher voltage then when i plugged the LCD clock in.
                      Thanks ibpointless2 and lidmotor for responding to my question earlier. I do usually wait several days before taking initial readings as they do take awhile to balance out. So far so good.

All,
                      In looking for materials to enhance the already very successful “glue” and “stove top” crystal cells, I came across this very interesting little tidbit from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing_soda

Quoted from the page:
                      In chemistry, it is often used as an electrolyte. This is because electrolytes are usually salt-based, and sodium carbonate acts as a very good conductor in the process of electrolysis. In addition, unlike chloride ions, which form chlorine gas, carbonate ions are not corrosive to the anodes.”

This may well be worth exploring as an adjunct to some of the other materials being used.

Brad S

Comment

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post
                        Thanks ibpointless2 and lidmotor for responding to my question earlier. I do usually wait several days before taking initial readings as they do take awhile to balance out. So far so good.

All,
                        In looking for materials to enhance the already very successful “glue” and “stove top” crystal cells, I came across this very interesting little tidbit from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing_soda

Quoted from the page:
                        In chemistry, it is often used as an electrolyte. This is because electrolytes are usually salt-based, and sodium carbonate acts as a very good conductor in the process of electrolysis. In addition, unlike chloride ions, which form chlorine gas, carbonate ions are not corrosive to the anodes.”

This may well be worth exploring as an adjunct to some of the other materials being used.

Brad S
                        Guys,
                        I agree,
                        My latest batch of cells have incorporates chalk calcium carbonate and calcium sulphate. I am happy so far with output voltages up to 1.919 volts single
                        Cell.
                        Very best regards
                        Jim

Comment

• @John Bedini,

You sure have been quiet here lately, is everything ok, are you still working on Crystal cells? Hows the "Solid State Polycrystalline Cells" working? Have you scaled up any of your cells? Anything new with the Marcus Reid cells?

Comment

• Ballest Resistor

Seeing that JB has mentioned that impedance is a problem, should one be exploring ballast resistors? In Claus W. Turtur's paper titled: DFEM-Computation of a Zero-point-energy Converter with realistic Parameters for a practical Setup, which is cited by MR, he uses a ballast resistor to "permanently extract energy from the zero-point-energy converter." It also mentions that with its use, an energy gain is created.

It looks like MR cells also use a ballast resistor, you can see it in the photos of the completed and sealed cells.

If you have not read MR white papers, I highly recommend them. Follow the links in them to this report of tapping into ZPE.

BTW, just ordered up some copper foil... should be fun making a Cu/Al foil rolled literal crystal, kinda like how a cap is made. But, instead of paper separating them, it will be a thin nonwoven fabric with alum seed crystals on one side and borax seed crystals on the other, then set in a saturated glass of alum/borax. Talk about massive surface area...

rw
                            Last edited by everyidea; 10-19-2011, 09:08 PM.
                            My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Great to see this thread still moving in a very positive direction, with lots of results, tests and discussions coming from a whole lot of people. Well done Steve. Thats a great output. I hope it sustains. What are you using for the mix? Just epsom rochelle and alum? I imagine you used a lot of Mg ribbon to get such a high amp reading. Is it true? I just figured surface area would be the key, like in any battery. Im also gonna give a large surface area a try. I'll report back to the forum when I have something for you. Just wanted to say hi and well done.

By the way IB - did you charge that battery first? Had it just been charged? Or was it still like that 1 hour after charging? If its like that without charging - we have a winner already!
                              Last edited by seth; 10-19-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• jehdds:
                                Can you show a picture of your cell that puts out almost 2 volts. Or is there a video on it? What kind of current reading? Maybe a little more info?
                                I've got a thick piece of chalk (sidewalk chalk) here at the house, can that be pulverized and used in the electrolyte (carbon electrolyte) mix to help raise the output? If not I can get the white powder called Kal here which should be calcium carbonate and is used in agroculture, to raise the soil ph.
                                It needs to be ion conductive but not conduct normal electricity, right???

Comment

Working...
                                X