Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear lidmotor,
    Understood to be sure regarding the reconstituted issue.
    The problem is
    The salts solidify so quickly.
    Addition of a small amount of water extends working time.
    Imagine very thick peanutbutter consistency.
    Upon polarization, if you polarize
    Until the voltage reaches
    Max akin to showing a pure resistance,
    This electrically cooks the electrolyte
    Again and it drives off
    The water. The cells become hard quickly. The internal component of the silica gel sucks most of any residual in short order.
    Very best regards,
    Jim

Comment

• Heptahydrates

@ Lidmotor,
      Ok so you say that you have no water in the cell because it is cooked.
      What you have built is a Heptahydrate cell. You can find many chemicals that do this. I think everybody should understand that you can not get away from the water, but in this case you have added a chloride to the mix, which is an Ionic compound. Also your Oscillator is in Micro Amps and can run for a very long time, shorting the cell just looks like a series resistor to the cell, no problem it will jump right back. If you balance the impedance with a steady current you will see if Galvanic Action is in the mix.

I have not finished my test yet so I can do the youtube but you all are going to very surprised at how easy this crystal battery is and we can hold over 10 to 15 Ma under load.
      None of my cell have died and are still running the oscillator loads at over 2.5 Ma for months now. It does not make any difference if you use a drop of water as long as you find no galvanic action. I'm running the best super bright Leds you can get 140,000 MCD for the price. The oscillator makes a big difference and must be tuned to the cell as Chuck and I found out. For example you might find a small resistor in series makes all the difference in line with your cell. However the next thing is the semiconductor on the copper electrode as this makes an energy dam for the water and repels "Galvanic Action Process".

The Key lies in the makeup of the Rochelle Salts and how it is made. The most power is the Copper Magnesium cell, so you must pick a Heptahydrate that will lock things up and not cause Galvanic action but repels it. IB's cell is working just like that it has the water locked up, but you can do it without the Glue and just water, remember he has added a chloride Ion to that. The other thing is the size of the electrodes and the spacing between the cell walls, very important for Semiconductor action, it's called the Geometry of the cell.
      When the Crystal Cell is correct the temperature does not effect it much.
      Most of you have a Lasersaber battery hanging around, so just spray it with Salt Substitute and see what happens......

Heptahydrates in chemical form work between 50 to 500Um that puts it in the far Infrared range.(a hydrate that contains seven molecules of water, as magnesium sulfate, MgSO4⋅7H2O.) This is just a textbook definition and I'm not talking about Epsom Salts here.
      John B
      Last edited by John_Bedini; 10-22-2011, 06:28 PM. Reason: edit
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
        @ Lidmotor,
        What you have built is a Heptahydrate cell. You can find many chemicals that do this. I think everybody should understand that you can not get away from the water, but in this case you have added a chloride to the mix, which is an Ionic compound. Also your Oscillator is in Micro Amps and can run for a very long time, shorting the cell just looks like a series resistor to the cell, no problem it will jump right back. If you balance the impedance with a steady current you will see if Galvanic Action is in the mix.

I have not finished my test yet so I can do the youtube but you all are going to very surprised at how easy this crystal battery is and we can hold over 10 to 15 Ma under load.
        None of my cell have died and are still running the oscillator loads at over 2.5 Ma for months now. It does not make any difference if you use a drop of water as long as you find no galvanic action. I'm running the best super bright Leds you can get 140,000 MCD for the price. The oscillator makes a big difference and must be tuned to the cell as Chuck and I found out. For example you might find a small resistor in series makes all the difference in line with your cell. However the next thing is the semiconductor on the copper electrode as this makes an energy dam for the water and repels "Galvanic Action Process".

The Key lies in the makeup of the Rochelle Salts and how it is made. The most power is the Copper Magnesium cell, so you must pick a Heptahydrate that will lock things up and not cause Galvanic action but repels it. IB's cell is working just like that it has the water locked up, but you can do it without the Glue and just water, remember he has added a chloride Ion to that. The other thing is the size of the electrodes and the spacing between the cell walls, very important for Semiconductor action, it's called the Geometry of the cell.
        Most of you have a Lasersaber battery hanging around, so just spray it with Salt Substitute and see what happens......

Heptahydrates in chemical form work between 50 to 500Um that puts it in the far Infrared range.(a hydrate that contains seven molecules of water, as magnesium sulfate, MgSO4⋅7H2O.) This is just a textbook definition and I'm not talking about Epsom Salts here.
        John B
        John,
        Your cell sounds great. Any hint for us on what constituent you are using?
        I believe my best cells had no greater than a 1/8" gap between electrodes.
        Smaller seemed better. Thank you again.
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim

Comment

• Guys,
          Tackle box battery update. Two cells in series, cells rock hard.
          Combined in series = 3.31V @13.2mA. Individually 1.67V @7.1mA, 1.65V @ 6.5mA.

Very Best Regards,
          Jim

Comment

• multi cell update

Today I got some clay for making our ceramic multi cell container. It will take a few days for the container to dry before it can be fired.

I also got a 1 pound container of Mcormicks cream of tartar.

Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
              @ Lidmotor,

John B

Hi john glad to see you hope you been well.

Glad to see that all your cells still work but if your cells need water to run than its a galvanic cell no matter how you slice it. Its true my cells have H2O in the lattice but the metals never come in contact with them due to the transfer of electrons on the skin of the crystal and not through the crystal. If your metals are coming in contact with water then they will corrode due to water being a universal solvent.

You're right you don't need glue, but i like glue as it helps to protect the cell. You can use water instead. The water allows the two salts to mix into one salt which is very conductive. So just take some water and mix some Epsom salt and salt substitute into it and dunk a piece of paper in it and wrap that paper around your electrodes and allow it to dry. Even when dry the cell will work. The fact that Epsom salt contains 7 water molecules has nothing to do with why the cell works. If the cell work due to Epsom salt having 7 water molecules than only using Epsom salt and Elmer's glue would make a good cell but it doesn't it makes a 12mV cell. Its the combining of the two salts that make my cells work, stove top cell uses alum and salt substitute and the Glue cell uses Epsom salt and salt substitute. Also I think for the Crystal Glue cell when the crystals combine they reject water so this must mean its loosing some of its water and I think its becoming Kainite (MgSO4•KCl•3(H2O)) but im not fully sure yet.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Guys,
                Update #2 five hours after construction
                Cell 1 = 1.649V @ 9mA
                Cell 2 =1.670V @ 9.2mA
                Combined 3.31 @ 17.1mA
                Very Best Regards,
                Jim

Comment

• Guys,
                  Here is a question for all regarding galvanic use of water vs ionic lattice trapping of water.
                  If the cell were using the water in a galvanic type scenario, do you think ionizing radiation would amplify the output regarding current or voltage?
                  If the water were trapped in a crystal lattice and was functioning only to provide ions for electron movement etc. would ionizing radiation exposure amplify output in current or voltage?
                  All thoughts welcomed.
                  Would this test be sufficient to show the difference in MODUS of how the cell is producing current and voltage? Should we see a difference between the two examples? JB, please chime in here if you can.
                  Just a thought.
                  Very Best Regards,
                  Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                    Guys,
                    Update #2 five hours after construction
                    Cell 1 = 1.649V @ 9mA
                    Cell 2 =1.670V @ 9.2mA
                    Combined 3.31 @ 17.1mA
                    Very Best Regards,
                    Jim
                    Great work Jim,

would you describe in more details or even a good video showing how to build each step of that last cell of yours? the one that looks like a car battery.

Thanks,

Fausto.

Comment

• I've made a video showing that even though Epsom salt contains 7 water molecules does not mean it uses those water molecules. If my cell did use that water than a Epsom salt and Elmer's glue cell would work but it doesn't as I prove in this video. I also prove that the chloride in the salt substitute does not help much either. In the end its the combining of two crystals into one is where the magic happens and its not just the water or the chloride doing all the work.

Glue Crystal cell does not run on water - YouTube
                      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Guys,
                        Regarding surface area, it seems as if the surface area is not as critical as what I originally thought. I have smaller cells that produce as much current and voltage as my tackle box multiple plate cells.
                        Does this not speak to the cell NOT functioning as a galvanic cell and speak more to the importance of the polycrystaline material itself and it's ionic relationship to the said metallic/ electrode component electrical makeup?
                        Again, perhaps the mass of the electrolyte relates
                        More to it's longevity and stability to temperature to sustain current due
                        To more liquid being bound in the polycrystalline lattice.
                        Im a bit amazed that the current is still nominal for the surface area of the
                        Electrodes. Thoughts on this find welcomed.
                        Very Best Regards,
                        Jim

Comment

• "Lucky 7"

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                          @ Lidmotor,

John B

@John B.
                          Maybe there is something to the "Lucky 7". My grandad loved playing the slots in Vegas and always played the machines that had the "777" as the big jackpot. I guess I will be doing some research into the Heptahydrates this week.
                          I'll will also try the salt substitute on one of my old Lasersaber cells and see what happens.

I look forward to your new cell. It sounds like something that I can build.

@IB, Jim, Brad, and All
                          This work that we are doing is not easy. It is fun but it takes time and the results can be misleading if you don't really really know what you are doing. It is chemistry. My two semesters of it in college was a humbling experience. My formulas never worked out right, things didn't "precipitate" when they should have, and I could never get my brain around "valence clouds".

If we keep at this and share what we find in a positive way--- this is very worth while effort.

Lidmotor
                          Last edited by Lidmotor; 10-23-2011, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Speaking of precipitation....

Tonight saw the second time one of my cells has reacted to a thunderstorm. Others have done too, but this one is on video, shown to climb during the storm
                            It's the one that was considered as having failed and posted about a week ago, a stovetop mixture that was cooked too long, went brown/black and brittle. A couple of drops of Spic+Span kitchen spray went on the mess and then it was sealed in hotglue (else it would just go in the bin).
                            Cell is still running the Ha'penny 'Penny' type blocking oscillator after 12 days and here's what happened during the storm -

Crystal cell - Live increase of running voltage during thunderstorm - YouTube
                            Last edited by Slider2732; 10-23-2011, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• a phosphorous source?

Would TSP (Trisodium Phosphate) be a good doping scource for phosphorous?
                              Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                                @John B.
                                @IB, Jim, Brad, and All
                                This work that we are doing is not easy. It is fun but it takes time and the results can be misleading if you don't really really know what you are doing. It is chemistry.

If we keep at this and share what we find in a positive way--- this is very worth while effort.

Lidmotor
                                Dear Lidmotor,
                                You are seemingly very correct.
                                It is the chemistry. Also the architecture of the distance between electrodes.
                                I will make a video tonight showing that
                                A mere puff of breath can make a
                                Cell jump, as well as show it is
                                Not surface area that delimits
                                Current. I definitely do not see
                                A galvanic battery analogy here with these cells.
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X