Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Things a Comin!

@Chuck and John
    My apologies if I upset you in any way for my previous comments. In my profession (Computer Science – Integration and Application Development) “PROPRIETARY” is a bad word. This means no source code, no modifications unless you pay dearly. From your follow up posts, I can tell that this is not what I thought you intended. Do not think for a minute that we are not listening and learning. Some of us (me) are just a little slower than others. Very excited about full disclosure when you are ready. Water became less of a concern after reading this as I posted it several days ago. Here it is again”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing_soda

Quoted from the page:
    “In chemistry, it is often used as an electrolyte. This is because electrolytes are usually salt-based, and sodium carbonate acts as a very good conductor in the process of electrolysis. In addition, unlike chloride ions, which form chlorine gas, carbonate ions are not corrosive to the anodes.”

Here is a link to a pdf that I have found very useful and I keep a copy of it in my notebook. I should have posted this long ago. “COMMON CHEMICALS AND SUPPLIES IN AND AROUND YOUR HOME”

http://www.chymist.com/Common%20chemicals.pdf

Brad S
    Last edited by b_rads; 10-26-2011, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Heptahydrates

B Rads,
      I, too must apologies to Ibpointless as I named him by mistake.
      I understand what everybody is doing. Sodium Carbonate is the best for that but it takes much more as the cell must work like a current source with the hydrates. The tricky part may not be easy to do at home. Copper is the best but requires two semiconductors bonded together. Chuck and I are working on that to see if it can be made simple. But no luck with the simple yet. I understand no worry.
      John B
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Dear John and Chuck,
        I have noticed that WHERE I have been polarizing my cells may be of importance.
        I could be possibly wrong. I also could be exceptionally lucky and I need to give credit where credit is due If I am correct.
        I have been polarizing my cells very close to my Kromrey which has four VERY powerful magnetic stacks. I noted JB you made a video making a crystal cell in a magnetic field. This intrigued me a great deal.
        So, for grins I have been fortunate enough to have such a small work area as to need to polarize VERY close to this magnetic field.

So is there any significance to this fortuitous proximity during the polarization phase?

I have also noted that the crystal cells I have made are subject to X-rays more significantly than a comparative galvanic cell.
        This to me notes an assured lattice effect over galvanic.

I know this is really pushing, and I apologize. I welcome any and all thoughts if you can speak to this, as well as infinitely respect your silence as well.

Very Best Regards,
        Jim

Comment

• Polarization phase

@ jehdds and all:
          Polarization was used when growing Rochelle salts(magnetic orientation)
          If you feel you need to "polarize"...tap it on 12volts (early).
          Yes more lattice than galvanic.

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
            @ jehdds and all:
            Polarization was used when growing Rochelle salts(magnetic orientation)
            If you feel you need to "polarize"...tap it on 12volts (early).
            Yes more lattice than galvanic.
            Chuck,
            Thank you sir. Great to know on perhaps the right track.
            I do tap it with 31.5 V. Early to be sure. I am still amazed at the output for so small a surface area.
            Very Best Regards,
            Jim

Comment

• Dear John and Chuck,
              This just hit me. If you saw my video clip showing the sub Zero Current spike on my Zn0 cell, and you have determined that your cell is digesting C02 Which in enough of itself a really neat thing, Have you ever attempted to feed it in a sub zero temp via a exposure to a dry ice environment to see if you see a spike in voltage and current? Please forgive my suggesting this as you probably already have done this. Let us know if you have or if you do see a current spike as I have. I know this is apples to oranges but would be an interesting test none the less.
              Very Best Regards,
              Jim

Comment

• Heptahydrates Crystal Cell

Jim,
                We have not taken the cell down that far but now is the time since we are going to very cold temperatures here. I will try to get it down to 28 degrees outside since I'm going to be using it for outside lighting. I will let nature take care of the watering. I know that the cell is using Co2 because that is being produced from the hydrates. It is a far different mix and no heat is involved at all. I have a stereo scope that makes a video and will be adding that to the youtube when Chuck and I do it. I just half to wait for some more things to arrive for testing.
                John B
                John Bedini
                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                  Jim,
                  We have not taken the cell down that far but now is the time since we are going to very cold temperatures here. I will try to get it down to 28 degrees outside since I'm going to be using it for outside lighting. I will let nature take care of the watering. I know that the cell is using Co2 because that is being produced from the hydrates. It is a far different mix and no heat is involved at all. I have a stereo scope that makes a video and will be adding that to the youtube when Chuck and I do it. I just half to wait for some more things to arrive for testing.
                  John B
                  John,
                  Fantastic. Golly knows it is a bit Nippy up here in Wisconsin to be sure.
                  Perhaps the sub zero current increase could be of benefit if there is a end result for the Zn0 cell type. At the minimum, it is interesting to be sure. I think it atypical to galvanic and is operating much differently. Would you recommend me obtaining a spectral/chemical complete analysis of my mix at this point? I would pursue this if you think it is prudent. I appreciate your differential in your cell. Please let me know if this pursuit that I am on should continue or if a tangential or different path is time better spent.
                  I will replicate your work to be sure. Thank you again and all input or guidance is appreciated beyond words. I am a fringe element. Sorry about my unconventional approach.
                  Very Best Regards,
                  Jim

Comment

• Heptahydrate Crystals

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                    I never had any luck with sodium carbonate or baking soda type cells before. So this is got me thinking John Bedini must be using something more than Sodium carbonate or baking soda? Maybe some Potassium carbonate or some type of potassium? Or even Epsom salts? This is just all speculations.

One thing does worry me about the design. Its a cup like cells and the problem with these is that they easily trap water, where the top dries first and the inner can't dry due to top being dry. But I don't know the design and how they make it so my worries could be for nothing.

Ibpointless,
                    Your right Sodium Carbonate or baking Soda are not the same thing chemically. The electrodes are very important as the positive must be two semiconductors in one. The problem is that it is very hard to make on one electrode without error. I'm up to almost 1000 degrees in the oven.
                    The semiconductor looks almost like a IBGT transistor on the copper side and a Schottky Diode on the Magnesium side, this is tough to do, you cant heat the magnesium so you must use oxide. It turns out to be a strange semiconductor. The Magnesium heats all by itself during this process once it's cool it's done. I have made those five but the sixth was a failure, it's all timing. Most do not know how to make semiconductors but they can be made almost out of anything. I have explored semiconductors my whole life and built many rock semiconductors. The word is as implied, semi-conductive. Do not let anybody feed you a line of crap about what you can make them out of. I have made all different kinds and will put it in the youtube video just to prove it. As I said I have seen this effect before at TRW but never had time to work on it till now, that is 35 years later. So nobody should give up on the Crystal Cells, it's the future electronics since everything is moving to low voltage high current.The Crystal Cell is a self powering current source, detector amplifier and so on and it can be modulated. I thought it was great when I was handed my first crappy point contact transistor. I could not do enough I passed my dad right by as he could not understand them, either could any of the engineers who ended up pumping gas after that. The excuse was they did not have a hot cathode to emit electrons, hogwash. So nobody give up, you can do it.
                    John B
                    John Bedini
                    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Guys:
                      More solar flares lately, and lit up skys in the southern states, probably never seen before. This may have an affect on some of the cells.

Northern Lights Seen Across Southeast U.S. | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

Comment

Ibpointless,
                        Your right Sodium Carbonate or baking Soda are not the same thing chemically. The electrodes are very important as the positive must be two semiconductors in one. The problem is that it is very hard to make on one electrode without error. I'm up to almost 1000 degrees in the oven.
                        The semiconductor looks almost like a IBGT transistor on the copper side and a Schottky Diode on the Magnesium side, this is tough to do, you cant heat the magnesium so you must use oxide. It turns out to be a strange semiconductor. The Magnesium heats all by itself during this process once it's cool it's done. I have made those five but the sixth was a failure, it's all timing. Most do not know how to make semiconductors but they can be made almost out of anything. I have explored semiconductors my whole life and built many rock semiconductors. The word is as implied, semi-conductive. Do not let anybody feed you a line of crap about what you can make them out of. I have made all different kinds and will put it in the youtube video just to prove it. As I said I have seen this effect before at TRW but never had time to work on it till now, that is 35 years later. So nobody should give up on the Crystal Cells, it's the future electronics since everything is moving to low voltage high current.The Crystal Cell is a self powering current source, detector amplifier and so on and it can be modulated. I thought it was great when I was handed my first crappy point contact transistor. I could not do enough I passed my dad right by as he could not understand them, either could any of the engineers who ended up pumping gas after that. The excuse was they did not have a hot cathode to emit electrons, hogwash. So nobody give up, you can do it.
                        John B

Your new cell does seem very promising. I think you said it makes CO2, if this is true it would be best to keep the cell near a plant so that the plant can make O2 for everyone.

I have a question to ask you John, have you built one of my cells before? The Crystal glue cells or Stove top cell? These are very interesting cells but they're low power, but what you said about electronics keep using less and less power made me keep hope. Thank you.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

B Rads,
                          I, too must apologies to Ibpointless as I named him by mistake.
                          I understand what everybody is doing. Sodium Carbonate is the best for that but it takes much more as the cell must work like a current source with the hydrates. The tricky part may not be easy to do at home. Copper is the best but requires two semiconductors bonded together. Chuck and I are working on that to see if it can be made simple. But no luck with the simple yet. I understand no worry.
                          John B
                          John,

The two semiconductors on the copper, is the thickness of these layers of vital importance, or can this be more thick?

By incorporating a third (binder) material besides the (red) cuprous oxide (Cu2O), and the (black) cupric oxide (CuO), this third material could do the bonding between the two and the copper material. It also would allow to bond to carbon for example. The layers would be less in mass, tough thicker because of the binder.

I have the black oxide available shortly, and I have the binder. The red oxide lacking still.

It might be a working solution for all of us here to do it in a more simple way? Tough it might be less optimal, it still could perform adequate maybe.

--
                          Ron.

Comment

• Exothermic to Hydrophobic Mg

Good reading: Reactions of the Group 2 elements with water

ScienceDirect - Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects : In situ synthesis of nanolamellas of hydrophobic magnesium hydroxide

rw
                            Last edited by everyidea; 10-26-2011, 05:40 PM.
                            My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• just made rochelle salts

I just made a batch of rochelle salts. I used a paint can for the water bath and a #10 can for the salt solution. It foams up a lot. Next time I will use the paint can for salt solution and a large pot for the bath. I poured the filtered solution into a container about 15 minutes ago and about 1/4 depth of it is allready precipitate. Hope Im getting rochelle salt as I used the whole 25 oz container of cream of tartar. I dont know how to polarise the crystals as they form.

Our clay box for holding plates is almost dry enough to fire.

We are going to dope with borox for boron, TSP for phosporous, and carbon dust. I am going to try to silver plate the copper sheets. american elements in LA is working on a quote for magnesium sheets.

Alan

Comment

• Dear John Chuck and all,
                                Is pulse dc polarization at higher voltage and lower current a worthwhile way to polarize vs straight dc?
                                Just a thought.....
                                I will try tonight, and was wondering if anyone has tried this yet.
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X