Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
    Maybe it would be easy for you all to get a fire starter stick make the electrode like I said then play with the silicates doped with the salt substitute in a cup. Please listen to what I'm saying about this cell as it has taken a long time for me to do. What to start with Go to the store and buy drying silicate add the Salt substitute and experiment from that point, but make the electrode as I said. you want to convert the Hydrogen to Co2 with this chemical, you might even add a small bit of calcium carbonate, it's the carbonate that is going to generate the Co2.
    John
    JB it seems that your using something different DRYING SILICATE. Is the drying silicate for flowers a much finer grain than silicate gel?

So for a basic replication we would melt some epsom salt down on the stove than add the salt substitute, sodium carbonate, and use copper electrode and magnesium electrode that must oxidized with either EPSOM SALT or ALUM prior adding the cell?

Also you mentioned that the ALUM and SODIUM CARBONATE neutralize each other out. So I take it that these 2 should not be added together when trying to make a cell crystal?

regards
    rick

Comment

• Lead Carbonate Battery
      Lead Carbonate Fill Battery - YouTube
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Heptahydrates

Originally posted by phinine View Post
        JB it seems that your using something different DRYING SILICATE. Is the drying silicate for flowers a much finer grain than silicate gel?

So for a basic replication we would melt some epsom salt down on the stove than add the salt substitute, sodium carbonate, and use copper electrode and magnesium electrode that must oxidized with either EPSOM SALT or ALUM prior adding the cell?

Also you mentioned that the ALUM and SODIUM CARBONATE neutralize each other out. So I take it that these 2 should not be added together when trying to make a cell crystal?

regards
        rick
        Rick,
        I have given two examples in what I have posted.The drying silicate for flowers is fine and that is what I would use. The other mix is a hot method, but I was talking about a cold method with the carbonates.
        You can not mix the Alum with the Sodium Carbonate without that reaction, these are two different Crystal Cells.
        John B
        John Bedini
        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Rick,
          I have given two examples in what I have posted.The drying silicate for flowers is fine and that is what I would use. The other mix is a hot method, but I was talking about a cold method with the carbonates.
          You can not mix the Alum with the Sodium Carbonate without that reaction, these are two different Crystal Cells.
          John B
          My question is with the cold cell how do we get the ingredients to solidify into a solid crystal without heat or a liquid binder? So you put the dry ingredients you mentioned together and mix them and insert the copper and magnesium electrodes and it will show voltage and current?

Comment

• Heptahydrate

Originally posted by phinine View Post
            My question is with the cold cell how do we get the ingredients to solidify into a solid crystal without heat or a liquid binder? So you put the dry ingredients you mentioned together and mix them and insert the copper and magnesium electrodes and it will show voltage and current?
            Rick,
            Look at this as making cement.
            John
            John Bedini
            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Here is a video of the big crystal cell that is painted and running a LCD clock.

Update on big crystal cell amp reading - YouTube

I will keep on testing it and making new ones. Just keep in mind that testing these things takes time.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

editAt All,
                Remember that I'm using Magnesium and can not have any Galvanic Action, it's a no no. Toothpaste(Sodium Hydroxide) is not the same thing and the mixture is much different then straight Sodium Carbonate. This is a Hydrate mixture and this cell is using Carbon dioxide for fuel from the break down of the water inside the crystal. These cells use that hole you see for water intake this is why I gave the hint about Heptahydrates . The electrodes must be multiple metal bonded semiconductors. I figure your all on your own thing here and do not have time to listen to me, so I kept going on my experiments.
                And again I'm not talking about Epsom Salts....

The cell that is cut in Half is patterned after a Emitter junction to a power semiconductor on a much bigger level. The reason I said Heptahydrates is because they lock up water, as soon as it is used up to form Carbon Dioxide then the cell remains for two to three days at full power output. The holes you see are for feeder tubes for water and not much. The Hydrates reverses the Ion flow so no galvanic action occurs and the process starts all over again. Magnesium is Sodium Carbonate in a crude form. The cells have been under rated at 150 Ma more like 250 Ma under short circuit. The cells gain power under load the four Leds at 3.2 volts @ 20Ma each are all in parallel, we could add more but we just need to finish the testing. As chuck said these have been going for months now under extreme conditions, water is the fuel and the hydrogen is converted to CO2.

Don't jump to conclusions here Chuck and I will explain it in much better detail in a better Youtube, and Yes Ibpointlass ( should have been B Rads) I know what your doing also with your mixture so you do not need to give your secrete mix away. You just need to explain where the energy comes from.

To make this cell requires some real chemistry and machining . Also how many did the experiment with the Salt Substitute on Lasersabers battery to see what happened ? The chloride is very important but you do not need the glue at all, as it just adds water for the Heptahedra mix.
                John B

This is an interesting process. This cycle with cleanup is the beginning
                of true maintenance free, also it moves us in the direction that energy exists in the open system and not dependent on electrolytic consumption.
                One set of cells heal for a few days while the other cells are working.

Comment

• Precoating both electrodes with an oxide layer---seems to work

@All
                  The small cell that I mentioned in my last post is still working and I made another one today to verify the results. I took the first one apart after a day and examined the magnesium for deterioration. I found none so I decided to put it back together and resume testing it. In the process I DROPPED IT and knocked off some of the crystals. All I could think of was the nursery rhyme "Humpty Dumpty" and how ..."all the kings horses and all the kings men" ect. ect. Somehow I got the pieces back together and the cell came back to life.

Here is a video about "Humpty Dumpty"----the cell that had a bad fall and survived.

Humpty Dumpty---- The crystal cell that had a bad fall and survived - YouTube

There might be a PN junction going on here John. I really don't know.

Lidmotor

Comment

• GUYS,
                    THIS IS A WD 40 QUESTION....
                    I TOOK A CARBON/MG MINI CELL FROM MY LAST EXPERIMENT.
                    IT WAS DESICCATED AND READ NOMINAL VOLTAGE. BUT CURRENT REMAINED BETWEEN 6-8 mA. I FLOODED it with WD 40. It STILL RETAINS CURRENT at the SAME LEVEL. Now only reads 85 mV......
                    So the question remains, why current is LESS affected by insult eg, removal of all hydration by displacement, more so than voltage.
                    All thoughts welcome,
                    Very Best Regards,
                    Jim
                    PS Bravo IB and Lidmotor.

Comment

• By the way,
                      If I take the cell after the WD 40 immersion and simply swirl it in 70% Rubbing Ethyl alcohol for a few seconds, the voltage returns to normal......i.e. over 1.8V
                      Thoughts?
                      Jim

Comment

• As I've mentioned before, the conducting grease really helps to maintain the voltage and current levels. It works well with the WD-40, once that has a chance to penetrate and then dry out a bit, I then apply the conducting grease on the connection points, ( I got some from the Power Co. here). Which keeps out further moisture and prevents oxidation, thus helping to maintain the original output levels.
                        Maybe using the combination of the WD- 40 and then the alcohol also helps to cut, dissolve and clean the oxidation crusts that forms where the copper, aluminum, or mg electrodes, are exposed to the air. Then the grease helps to to further seal the contact points and keep them clean.
                        I have also been using Bees wax on some outer metal surfaces to protect the metals from the air. The whole cell can be dipped into wax when its hot and molten. Paraffin (candle wax) may work almost as well, but may have have all the anti-corrosion inhibitors. Oxidation prevention is the number one issue.
                        NZ

Comment

• Anyone else notice this effect with the crystal cell....

you take a capacitor and one of your crystal cells and record the standing voltage on it. You hook the cell up to the capacitor and let them sit connected over night. When you go to check it the voltage in the capacitor and cell is at a higher voltage than what you started with.

I have a big crystal cell with a standing voltage of 1.300V.
                          The capacitor has a standing voltage of 270.9mV.
                          Hooking the copper of the cell to the positive of the capacitor and then hooking the magnesium of the cell to the negative of the capacitor and letting it sit over night and now both read 1.388V connected together.

When I say standing voltage i'm talking about leaving the cell and capacitor alone for 12 hours without touching them and then record the voltage.

The capacitor should have charged to the 1.300 volts of the cell but for some odd reason its gone up in voltage and keeps going up.

I don't think its temperature because its now colder than it was when i started the experiment.

Comment

• Yes IB, have noticed that..but because i'm a little wayward in cell construction at the moment, didn't know if or how or whether it was a real effect.
                            It seems similar to that odd phenomenon with diodes, where leaving them in one place for extended periods (weeks or months) can see them develop voltage across them.
                            Any fresh capacitor appears to ambiently soak, for want of a better set of words. Short a cap and the mV will begin to appear, slowly creeping up. I thought it was residual, a voltage held within after a short period of shorting it. But, you can short a cap for days and the same thing begins to happen.
                            I had a 'cap kit' for the replacement of old capacitors in an arcade game monitor and tried those. None have been used, all in a sealed packet....they showed the effect.
                            Older caps, say a decade old, may show a negative voltage and some may just sit at almost zero.
                            Series or parallel connecting doesn't seem to work and kills the effect..but...as you are trying them singularly combined with these type of cells, well it may be that same effect is allowed to occur because of the crystal cell construction.

As I say, unsure if it is real or a previously well noted effect by electrical engineers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                              Anyone else notice this effect with the crystal cell....

you take a capacitor and one of your crystal cells and record the standing voltage on it. You hook the cell up to the capacitor and let them sit connected over night. When you go to check it the voltage in the capacitor and cell is at a higher voltage than what you started with.

I have a big crystal cell with a standing voltage of 1.300V.
                              The capacitor has a standing voltage of 270.9mV.
                              Hooking the copper of the cell to the positive of the capacitor and then hooking the magnesium of the cell to the negative of the capacitor and letting it sit over night and now both read 1.388V connected together.

When I say standing voltage i'm talking about leaving the cell and capacitor alone for 12 hours without touching them and then record the voltage.

The capacitor should have charged to the 1.300 volts of the cell but for some odd reason its gone up in voltage and keeps going up.

I don't think its temperature because its now colder than it was when i started the experiment.
                              @IB

The higher charge reflected in the capacitor is due to the fact that your DMM uses some of the energy from the cell (usually they use a 10Mohh internal resistor). If you would record the cell voltage on a quality bench meter (which generally measures over an 1Gohm or more resistor), it would record also an voltage that is higher then the 1.3 volt a general handheld meter would measure. So, you could see your DMM as a load on the cell.

If you store the energy of the cell in an metalized polyester capacitor of say 36uf@250v, the charge will probably reach a bit higher even, due to the lower leakage rate of this type capacitor, and the low uF value makes sure the charging will not be to slow.

Something which can even more push the level of the capacitor up, is when the cell is receiving fluctuating signals from the outside... The peak voltages of this energy will be stored in the capacitor, a meter generally could not measure these because the peaks are to fast for the meter to register.

A simple way to register incoming fluctuating energy in the cell is by simply take the output leads of the cell, and connect them to an (high gain) amplifier.... Place a 10nf (or any small capacitor value) in between the non grounded lead to protect the amplifier for incoming DC. The Mic input usually has an high enough gain for such. usually when you bring mass (your hand) in very close proximity of the cell, the incoming fluctuations (if they were there), will gain in strength.

--
                              Ron.

P.S: If the value of your capacitor is very small, and you connect your DMM on the capacitor (while still keep everything connected), you probably will notice that the voltage *very slowly* drops back down to the 1.3 volt level (due to the load connected now). If your capacitor value if high (>36uF or even >1000uF, seeing a gradual drop will probably take a looooong time).
                              Last edited by NextGen1967; 11-02-2011, 02:13 AM. Reason: Add of P.S:

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                                Here is my latest test with regards to showing ANODE to CATHODE mass and surface area ratio. This test seems to show that it may indeed be beneficial to have a larger ANODE than cathode. This is the highest voltage I have attained with one cell.
                                3 Volt One Cell - YouTube
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X