Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
    Thank you for that last test results. So, it looks like what you are seeing is that without water there is little or no current output, at least with that type of cell.
    I live in a VERY dry climate (especially in winter). In the heated cells I can remove the water to the point that the cell reads as open circuit: 0v. It takes a drop of water to activate the cell after I make them. As far as I'm concerned, that is proof that water is necessary to produce the current.

I'll have to see what happens if I try 99% isopropyl alcohol to activate the cell, thanks Jim.

Hmmm, couldn't a "cold cell" be made just by mixing everything with the alcohol and letting it evaporate? That way the crystal would meld together without loosing the inert water that's trapped inside the crystal.

Comment

• What happened to John Bedini and Chuck with the carbonate cells?
      Haven't seen anything new about those cells they were building for a while.

Comment

• Sugar crystals

Aloha all,

How does heptahydrates and sugar correlate? Supposedly sugar is piezoelectric. Has anyone experimented with these crystals, either with the sodium based mixes or alone? IB's pressure experiment might coincide with this.

Thank you all for everything
        Take care

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
          Thank you for that last test results. So, it looks like what you are seeing is that without water there is little or no current output, at least with that type of cell.
          Correct.
          At least I am assured by extended dwell time in the desiccant chamber,
          That all water was removed that could be without vacuum.
          Now that being said, Is that amount added atypical or typical for galvanic cells,
          And is that the modus for how it works ie consuming metal?
          That issue is Not clear. Again, do galvanic cells show voltage without water?....
          Very Best regards,
          Jim
          PS
          IB your last video on pressure is interesting, but sustained piezo?
          Not sure, but perhaps the electrodes are getting closer and that is allowing for increased current? Just a thought if subjected to hyperbaric chamber would you see increase?

Comment

• I have figured out what powers my cells, its pressure.

Here is the video Pressure Is what powers the Crystal cell - YouTube
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
              IB your last video on pressure is interesting, but sustained piezo?
              Not sure, but perhaps the electrodes are getting closer and that is allowing for increased current? Just a thought if subjected to hyperbaric chamber would you see increase?

You do bring up a good point. I'm sure a hyperbaric chamber would squeeze it too so that test would not be valid. You do have me puzzled a bit.

The cell in the video has a piece of notebook paper that separates the two metals, and that paper has the two crystals (salts) in it. There is not glue in that cell so the distance in the metals is small.

So far I have a big deep cycle lead acid battery sitting on the cell. When placing the deep cycle on the cell it goes up to 33uA but over 30 minutes it sets at 28uA. If it was the metals getting closer it should have stayed at 33uA and not drop at all. Also placing the object on the cell should raise it up instantly, but as you see in the video its a gradual increase. The cell still holding at 28uA for some hours now and I will keep an eye on it, I worry the amps will keep dropping but so far so good.

But I can't ignore your point so I'll be on the look out for that thank you for bringing that up.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Nice demo video IB
                I wonder if you get the same lifespan out of previously known mixtures, with the pressure being permanent ?
                Perhaps it increases lifespan, fades, or stays the same as well as increasing output....well worth experimenting with.

May bring new meaning to the phrase "squeeze the last drop out of it"

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                  You do bring up a good point. I'm sure a hyperbaric chamber would squeeze it too so that test would not be valid. You do have me puzzled a bit.

The cell in the video has a piece of notebook paper that separates the two metals, and that paper has the two crystals (salts) in it. There is not glue in that cell so the distance in the metals is small.
                  IB,
                  If there is no glue,
                  The displacement potential will be small. If pressure is the cell powering it would only be confirmed by hyperbaric equal pressure on all aspects of cell.

If DISPLACEMENT causes power then hyperbaric will NOT do it.
                  Does this make sense? It would increase density
                  Of ambient fluid air bathing the cell and may change output on many levels.
                  I'm building a chamber to test my cells etc. Might be worth trying
                  Very best regards,
                  Jim

Comment

• Hi Guys new mix I tried.
                    Very Interesting and is akin to the Waxy looking semi dry cell description that Pie wrote about.
                    20.0gm Epsoms doped with galina and pyrite and powdered graphite .2gm
                    20.0 gm Rochelle salts
                    10.0gm Zn0
                    .5gm LiClO4
                    1gm fine powdered Feldspathic porcelain dust
                    .5gm Salt Substitute, KCl.
                    Heated and it melts into a real sticky goo that maintains its molten state MUCH longer than the crystal cells I have been making. After nine hours, the remaining part of the batch has the consistency of a tootsie roll or firm carmel with a crusty outer thin shell. (no I would NOT recommend eating this
                    Interesting to assemble cells and almost can act like a glue to hold things together.
                    I made a Graphite cylinder with graphite led electrode and it is holding 600mV upon dead short it showed over 100uA then drains down like a cap to 10uA But it seems to refill.

If anyone else has seen a mix that acts like this let me know.
                    Very Best Regards,
                    Jim
                    Last edited by jehdds; 12-10-2011, 01:29 AM. Reason: decimal issue unless big batch Sorry

Comment

• GUYS,
                      UPDATE INFO, I USED 70% ETHYL ALCOHOL NOT ISOPROPYL for Hydration in this experiment for desiccant chamber. Sorry for the error.
                      Very Best Regards,
                      Jim

Comment

• I can remove the amp meter from the cell with the heavy object on it and it will charge up. so to charge this cell all i need to due is put a heavy object on top of it and it recharges. I find this interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                          I can remove the amp meter from the cell with the heavy object on it and it will charge up. so to charge this cell all i need to due is put a heavy object on top of it and it recharges. I find this interesting.
                          It might be just a 'recovery' of the cell... When you remove the scale amp meter.... It might climb up, due to removal of the 'load'... To see if this is true, place an digital amp meter on the cell and let it settle for a while.... (While the heavy object is on the cell already)

Then ADD -do not remove the digital amp meter- the scale amp meter, and see if the cell slowly falls down to a lower stable value..... (after any eventual fall, it might climb a little bit to finally kind of stabilize).

Then if settled again, REMOVE the scale amp meter, and see on the digital meter (which is still always attached) if the cell climbs up again.

If it goes down and climbs up with adding and removing the scale meter, it is probably reflecting the load of the scale meter itself.

The climb (if any) *usually* includes an 'overshoot'.. Meaning the voltage climbs to an -too- high point after an 'recovery' and then slowly falls down a little bit again to a sustaining value.

--
                          Ron.

Comment

• Originally posted by NextGen1967 View Post
                            It might be just a 'recovery' of the cell... When you remove the scale amp meter.... It might climb up, due to removal of the 'load'... To see if this is true, place an digital amp meter on the cell and let it settle for a while.... (While the heavy object is on the cell already)

Then ADD -do not remove the digital amp meter- the scale amp meter, and see if the cell slowly falls down to a lower stable value..... (after any eventual fall, it might climb a little bit to finally kind of stabilize).

Then if settled again, REMOVE the scale amp meter, and see on the digital meter (which is still always attached) if the cell climbs up again.

If it goes down and climbs up with adding and removing the scale meter, it is probably reflecting the load of the scale meter itself.

The climb (if any) *usually* includes an 'overshoot'.. Meaning the voltage climbs to an -too- high point after an 'recovery' and then slowly falls down a little bit again to a sustaining value.

--
                            Ron.
                            Question: since current meters have to be in series to work, how do you expect him to connect the analog on after the current has stabilized WHILE measuring the current?

No matter how he does that, he'll have to break the circuit, and change the impedance. On the DMM the cell is driving effectively no impedance on the current setting; and analog current meters are really a volt meter across a known resistance (mine are 2k ohm, but it varies based on scale). An impedance change like that is GUARANTEED to give you a different current output from loading anyway.

Could you perhaps rephrase that test to be voltage measurement across known resistors then calculate current? The test would be more valid then.

Originally posted by jehdds
                            Hi Guys new mix I tried.
                            Very Interesting and is akin to the Waxy looking semi dry cell description that Pie wrote about.
                            200gm Epsoms doped with galina and pyrite and powdered graphite .2gm
                            200 gm Rochelle salts
                            100gm Zn0
                            .5gm LiClO4
                            1gm fine powdered Feldspathic porcelain dust
                            .5gm Salt Substitute, KCl.
                            Heated and it melts into a real sticky goo that maintains its molten state MUCH longer than the crystal cells I have been making. After nine hours, the remaining part of the batch has the consistency of a tootsie roll or firm carmel with a crusty outer thin shell. (no I would NOT recommend eating this
                            Interesting to assemble cells and almost can act like a glue to hold things together.
                            I made a Graphite cylinder with graphite led electrode and it is holding 600mV upon dead short it showed over 100uA then drains down like a cap to 10uA But it seems to refill.

If anyone else has seen a mix that acts like this let me know.
                            Very Best Regards,
                            Jim
                            Interesting cell, only a dentist could ever make it though (just like the palladium one). Is it just as reactive to pressure as all the other cells or does it just deform? Porcelain dust would be similar to glass dust in reactivity right? Would glass dust cause the same slow-drying property?

And sorry to get on your case about this but "Pie" is only how it's pronounced: my name is ^.^ (It's a common mistake, no worries )

Comment

• "Interesting cell, only a dentist could ever make it though (just like the palladium one). Is it just as reactive to pressure as all the other cells or does it just deform? Porcelain dust would be similar to glass dust in reactivity right? Would glass dust cause the same slow-drying property?

And sorry to get on your case about this but "Pie" is only how it's pronounced: my name is ^.^ (It's a common mistake, no worries )[/QUOTE]

^.^,
                              Sorry about the name confusion, please forgive my ignorance of character to sound etc. I should be able to do better at that in that I am but a dentist who has COMPLETELY illegible writing!
                              I am currently uploading a video I just took. It is most reactive to pressure, and confirms IB's find of linear current, perhaps due to mass strain and very very slow but persistent displacement on the scale of microns, which is enough to cause current. It is interesting material to be sure and would make a dandy strain gauge! Now to figure how to imbed it in a mouth guard for people who severely grind their teeth at night and Bingo, they could charge their Ipod in their sleep! Or use it as neuromuscular biofeedback as a self generated tens appliance!
                              Very Best Regards,
                              Jim

Comment

• Guys,
                                Perhaps what we have with this latest mix is a system of multiple elements that are piezo. Small particulate size ZnO and Rochelle salts both being affected. Perhaps there is a synergy of microscopic lattices that impart the ability if the lattice to move across the face of the other? Very Very interesting stuff. All Thoughts welcome.
                                Very Best Regards, and I will let all know when the video is up.
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X