• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetsReplicate View Post
    Hi,

Looks cool.

I redrew your schematic and posted it on Let's Replicate:
    Super Penny Blocking Oscillator – ibpointless2

You "ground plate" would be classified as an antenna, even if it is picking up the Earth ground.
    Thanks the schematic looks a lot better than mine. It must be noted that just placing the magnet on the inductor will not work, certain spots of the inductor can increase the power to over 300uA and some spots can drop it down to 15uA, its all about the right location. Finding the right spot on the inductor is key to getting the amp draw down low.

Also you can get the amps even lower if you touch the ground plate, having something living touching it works the best. I don't know why it works but i figured i was grounding it but lifting my feet off the ground did not slow down the rate blink.

The ground/antenna is neat and all but what got me is the magnet on the inductor. You can increase the magnetic field of a inductor with a magnet, a increase in magnetic field means more power for less work! Check out what this guy does with a magnet and a inductor Magnet Transformer (free energy) - YouTube
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
      IB,
      Do you have a large coil of wire or co-axial cable that would at least match the MASS of the aluminum block?
      How large in dimensions and mass is it?
      Great work.
      Very Best Regards,
      Jim
      I tried to use a bigger coil of wire. I guess you could say that more mass to the ground plate the better. I find that it works best when i'm holding the ground wire in my hand.

I have not put the ground in the ground yet but I might do that later.

@all

I've found that if i take the super penny and switch the LED around it will go out until you put the magnet on the inductor and it comes on very bright but at the same power as the stock penny oscillator. I find it odd that the LED works both ways with the magnet on the inductor.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
        I tried to use a bigger coil of wire. I guess you could say that more mass to the ground plate the better. I find that it works best when i'm holding the ground wire in my hand.

I have not put the ground in the ground yet but I might do that later.

@all

I've found that if i take the super penny and switch the LED around it will go out until you put the magnet on the inductor and it comes on very bright but at the same power as the stock penny oscillator. I find it odd that the LED works both ways with the magnet on the inductor.

IB
        Great Work. If you have the opportunity to use the ground with a caduceus coil let us know what it brings. Thank you again for your findings.
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim

Comment

I made some improvements to the Penny Oscillator that Lidmotor made and I have it running my 5 foot Crystal Cell. Here is the video of it Super Penny Blocking Oscillator Running off of 5 foot crystal cell - YouTube

It went from using about 70uA of power down to 14uA and it now gives more light too! This is done by adding a ground plate and placing a square magnet in the right place, and it makes we wonder if other oscillators can be improved by doing it this way?
          You might want to try to place the antenna between the 2 150uh conductors (in between L1 & L2), then stick a pin in the ground outside, and connect it to your ground of the circuit (to the minus). You then even might want to try to remove the 5 foot Crystal cell. (adding one or two low forward voltage diodes might help).

--
          Ron.

Comment

• I watched tonight the last 2 DVD from Bedini and i love it. The crystal battery and step charging.

Thank you Bedini and production.

Fausto.

Comment

• You might want to try to place the antenna between the 2 150uh conductors (in between L1 & L2), then stick a pin in the ground outside, and connect it to your ground of the circuit (to the minus). You then even might want to try to remove the 5 foot Crystal cell. (adding one or two low forward voltage diodes might help).
              I'm going to try that on a Dr. Stiffler SEC 18 homebuild
              Seems the two projects are related in their use of the inductors, to some extent. Jonnydavro showed the benefits of a magnet the other day, on a similar SEC circuit.

I've got a crystal cell running now that isn't fading one bit, since Nov 17th. It runs a Penny and a blue LED. It'll be my New Years eve stare at thing while drinking bottled ales no doubt
              It's a standard enough cap can and stovetop mixture, with salmon coloured pre-heated copper electrode through the middle. Epsom, alum and boric acid. But, I put some untreated, large crystals from the packet of epsom salts on the top of the mix. When stovetopping, you get the reduction in mix height from the alum melting, so I topped up with the salts.
              Best runner yet for me and, because those salts had already absorbed ambient moisture, I wonder if the process came to an end naturally (hence much larger crystal size in the packet) and now somehow feeds the cell while sealing the salts below from differing ambient humidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
                I'm going to try that on a Dr. Stiffler SEC 18 homebuild
                Seems the two projects are related in their use of the inductors, to some extent. Jonnydavro showed the benefits of a magnet the other day, on a similar SEC circuit.

I've got a crystal cell running now that isn't fading one bit, since Nov 17th. It runs a Penny and a blue LED. It'll be my New Years eve stare at thing while drinking bottled ales no doubt
                It's a standard enough cap can and stovetop mixture, with salmon coloured pre-heated copper electrode through the middle. Epsom, alum and boric acid. But, I put some untreated, large crystals from the packet of epsom salts on the top of the mix. When stovetopping, you get the reduction in mix height from the alum melting, so I topped up with the salts.
                Best runner yet for me and, because those salts had already absorbed ambient moisture, I wonder if the process came to an end naturally (hence much larger crystal size in the packet) and now somehow feeds the cell while sealing the salts below from differing ambient humidity.
                Slider,
                What voltage and amps are you getting?
                IB what does your 5 foot long crystal battery variant produce?
                Very best regards,
                Jim
                Great work all and Ron thanks for the insight to be sure!!

Comment

• @Jim
                  Just took a reading. 0.621V and 0.24mA. The 'Penny' oscillator is a finger nail sized one, using a pair of 100uH axial inductors, LED is a superbright blue. Nothing sparkling, except for its duration compared to other previous cells.
                  In fact, the longest runner I have here is approx 2 months of continuous running - a pill bottle of water, with copper strip and galvanized steel electrodes.

After reading back this evening, i'm seeing a general trend too of wanting to do something different with these, that store bought cells can't do.
                  I'm liking the thoughts of a 9V PP3 sized end result, having thousands of microlayer structures within, part lab created and part finished by nature. To produce the power we are in search of.
                  Imagine a lattice supporting a lattice...the crystals grow between a fine mesh of 1 or 2 metals/carbon nanotubes. Each layer is then stacked, for the resultant output of the size of cell required. Just an idea

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                    Slider,
                    What voltage and amps are you getting?
                    IB what does your 5 foot long crystal battery variant produce?
                    Very best regards,
                    Jim
                    Great work all and Ron thanks for the insight to be sure!!
                    When first made it was 1.404 volts with a 3mA short circuit reading. now it runs the super penny oscillator at +800uA. This is not the most efficient design i have but it was the easiest to make. 800uA is not bad when the 6 inch size cells only give 30uA with the same mixture.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get the most power for less material but this is hard because water is needed if you want more amps. Usually the more amps you have the more power water you have in the cell. I need a median that's not water to suspend the crystal mix in that allows more power to flow.

Comment

• My small capacitor cells made with just wood carbon and carbon rods, are only 1/4" by 3/4", and can give almost a volt (0.93v, and 2 mA).
                      I can place 8 of those cells into a 4 AA battery size plastic holder, and obtain about 7 volts, but hardly no current. This should be enough to run an oscillator, but it will not run my Hartleys, as they need and use more mAs, to work properly, usually about 50 mA, or more. The Hartleys work fine on AA batteries, but not on the carbon capacitor can cells.
                      So, I'll have to make a more efficient oscillator that can work with no mA, just voltage, if possible. My idea is not to make a penny type oscillator that will blink on low current power, as blinking led devices are not a useful device, as far as I'm concerned. But, any other ideas on oscillators to power leds on low current cells is welcome. I see that some guys are getting an led to light BRIGHTLY on just ONE mA. That would work for me...

The cells mentioned above are non galvanic, they use no water, salts, heat, or anything else. So, they can last forever, but due to the less than ideal type of carbon (beach wood carbon), they have only fair voltages (up to 1.2volts) on my best quartz/carbon cells, but with little current output.
                      I'm still looking for the ideal mix to dope the carbon with for additional output levels. Jim???

Hot dog on a stick type cell (last picture), using 1/4" brass rod, aluminum wire, and cloth electrolyte covered with table salt and white glue gives 20 mA, and 0.62 volts. Down from 0.78 volts and 50 mAs originally two months ago. It finally finished dripping water out of it. This is a Galvanic Cell, but needs no additional water added (in two months). It is now sealed with glue, as well as I could get it, as it blows holes to vent the electrolysis action, right through the glue. It would be better to seal this type of cell with 5 minute epoxy or or quick setting resin, instead of the glue, to avoid the electrolysis from the all the water that's in the glue which takes a quite a while to dry out. Maybe just soaking the cloth in a Epsom/salt substitute mix and applied dry would work better, like Ib2 does.
                      Last edited by NickZ; 04-29-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Last night i did a 6" 2 cells giving about 3v and when shorted gives 110ma. It is running now with Bedini SSG variation oscilator 10 super bright Leds and pretty good brightness.

Fausto

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
                          Last night i did a 6" 2 cells giving about 3v and when shorted gives 110ma. It is running now with Bedini SSG variation oscilator 10 super bright Leds and pretty good brightness.

Fausto
                          What mixture did you used? any videos of it?

Comment

What mixture did you used? any videos of it?
                            Video is being uploaded now. It is just alum, copper pipe and magnesium. The cooper is treated with a torch to get the oxide red layer first and the trick is really how to put the alum inside the pipe with the magnesium. It took me a little awhile to figure out and it worked very well.

What i did different is really how to put the alum inside packed nice and tight and also allow it to self humidify. This is a wet cell.

All my other cells are still running but they all need a drop of water every 2 or 3 weeks.

One of those cells is of your kind (substitue salts, alum and epson). Even your cell without water can not run an LED for very long, but adding water also works.

Fausto.

ps: Video here Crystal Cell 10 - YouTube
                            Last edited by plengo; 01-01-2012, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• @Fausto:
                              I watched your latest video, as well as several of your other ones, as well. All very interesting, as usual.
                              Do you see any chance of combining your newest cells to power the Dr. Stiffler type of oscillator circuit??? As these cells seam to have enough current also.
                              Thanks for sharing your results.
                              Happy New Year, and best wishes to All,
                              Nick

Comment

• Happy New Year
                                Happy New Year - a drunken Slider ! - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X