Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys,
    Here is a video showing what NextGen1967 advised to use as a constituent.
    IB, here is again a confirmation of sustained pressure effect on current.
    Getting Closer to Solid State - YouTube
    Very Best Regards,
    Jim
    Last edited by jehdds; 01-20-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• heptahydrates

Here is a lamp I built that John had purchased and he removed the single LED "2 C cell flickering yellow fixture" We built a "sealed" heptahydrate cell that actually has 2 cells in 1 unit that is in parallel for current. This Crystal heptahydrate cell powers the osc circuit to run the LED that you see in the lit tube in the lantern. Cell is in the base. Osc circuit and LED are in the small black box that the lit tube sits on. Marcus Reids cells only provide 2 Ma of current. This sealed crystal cell heptahydrate produces more current. The "mix" is not avaliable. SO DON'T ASK WHAT IT IS. It holds a pretty stable current (varies about 2Ma). These are not easy to make as you need a kiln and some very hard to aquire materials as well as a machine shop to make these sealed crystal cells. WE WILL POST A VIDEO ON THIS LAMP AT A LATER TIME.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
        Here is a lamp I built that John had purchased and he removed the single LED "2 C cell flickering yellow fixture" We built a "sealed" heptahydrate cell that actually has 2 cells in 1 unit that is in parallel for current. This Crystal heptahydrate cell powers the osc circuit to run the LED that you see in the lit tube in the lantern. Cell is in the base. Osc circuit and LED are in the small black box that the lit tube sits on. Marcus Reids cells only provide 2 Ma of current. This sealed crystal cell heptahydrate produces more current. The "mix" is not avaliable. SO DON'T ASK WHAT IT IS. It holds a pretty stable current (varies about 2Ma). These are not easy to make as you need a kiln and some very hard to aquire materials as well as a machine shop to make these sealed crystal cells. WE WILL POST A VIDEO ON THIS LAMP AT A LATER TIME.
        Chuck,
        Thank you for the update. Quick question. Thanks for additional inspiration to keep trying to improve.
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim
        Sorry About Asking.... couldnt help myself

Ok, I will withdraw the question and rephrase:
        Are you and John planning on showing any additional work on or expanding the work on the glass electrolyte based cell system in the future or is that a topic that needs to be for a new thread?
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim
        Last edited by jehdds; 01-20-2012, 05:22 PM. Reason: Asked a question that could not be aswered....

Comment

• I like it!!

Very Cool – got to make one of these for the granddaughter. I think this would be a nice educational project for her when she gets a little older. That is an excellent job of packaging the whole project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2-5NTl2Vwo

Thanks,

Brad S
          Last edited by b_rads; 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
            So its a cell that contains Sodium silicate and Epsom salt. If this is true i find it odd because I'm working on the same thing but the sodium silicate is still wet and not dry. So far the Epsom salt does melt into the sodium silicate and gives a big boost of power (1.8mA). I left the magnesium in the mix to watch if it corrodes by the next morning. By the next morning the magnesium is fine but it seems to loose a bit of mA's. I look forward to the video of the lamp.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Sodium Silicate

Ibpointless,
              Lets go over this again. You have two things here that are not going to work correctly, 1 the Water Glass, 2 the Salt Substitute these two can not be mixed together as everything will corrode and you will not get much power.

In the last post to you I said that you could combine a Heptahydrate, meaning Epsom Salts, with a Hydrate meaning the crystals of Sodium Silicate, this must all be cooked together. You may add Aluminum grains or Magnesium Grains. At the right Temp they will combine to form either Aluminum Silicate or Magnesium Silicate. This is your medium then and you can use the copper and the Magnesium in the cell. You can not cook down the Water Glass as it is not the same thing, if you cook down the Water Glass and add the grains you may not get the same reaction and it is questionable whether it will work or not in the cell. The timing is very important when cooking the crystals and grains as to not cook it to much or it will turn to solid and you will not be able to make the cell.
              John B
              John Bedini
              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John,
                Is the following applicable?
                Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Type IA, NF
                Thank you for the clarification.
                Very Best Regards,
                Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                  Ibpointless,
                  Lets go over this again. You have two things here that are not going to work correctly, 1 the Water Glass, 2 the Salt Substitute these two can not be mixed together as everything will corrode and you will not get much power.

In the last post to you I said that you could combine a Heptahydrate, meaning Epsom Salts, with a Hydrate meaning the crystals of Sodium Silicate, this must all be cooked together. You may add Aluminum grains or Magnesium Grains. At the right Temp they will combine to form either Aluminum Silicate or Magnesium Silicate. This is your medium then and you can use the copper and the Magnesium in the cell. You can not cook down the Water Glass as it is not the same thing, if you cook down the Water Glass and add the grains you may not get the same reaction and it is questionable whether it will work or not in the cell. The timing is very important when cooking the crystals and grains as to not cook it to much or it will turn to solid and you will not be able to make the cell.
                  John B

yes I agree about using sodium silicate and salt substitute, I've experienced this first hand and found that when these two combine it corrodes like crazy. Sodium silicate and Salt substitute don't go together.

Yes agreed again with what you stated, Sodium silicate and Epsom salt do ok together. I have not have not cooked them yet but in their wet states they don't corrode the magnesium as easy. This is good news. I will be cooking them like you said when i get the chance, I like to start off covering most bases before I jump into anything.

I do thank you for this response, it has answer so many questions. I know what you mean by timing now and cooking it too much is bad. Its all starting to make perfect sense now! Chuck said you'll make a video on the cells that powers the lamp, what is the voltage reading and amp reading on just single cell using that mix?

I think I may also have stumbled apon another mix that uses the heptahydrate and something else. This something else made me laugh because its a ingredient that makes you think "why didn't I do this from the start?". I'm testing it right not, the amps are not great yet but i'm getting over 1.650 volts @ 700uA. I'm doing my simple test to see if holds up. The simple test is just letting magnesium ribbon sit in the mix and seeing if it corrodes. When the mix passes the simple test I'll post the mix, some might find it funny.

Thanks again John Bedini its starting to make sense.
                  All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• heptahydrate???

Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post
                    Which heptahydrates will work with John's cells.
                    Could it be related to metal silicates used as a conductive strain relieving layer in piezo transistors ? Or could it be related to a process used in semiconductors that John was familiar with long ago.

I think it is simple but maybe not soda ash but more like when he doped a mix heavily with selenium, the kiln set about 850C then after that I could not guess what was a the hepita. But there are limited number of hepta hydrates
                    and this is where we are and without kiln.
                    What are the heptahydrates that you have mentioned?
                    I am one of the worst chemists posable.
                    This is something I know very little about.
                    Any help anyone gives is appreciated.
                    There must be alot of study info out there,
                    but I do not know in what direction to look even.
                    FrznWtr

Comment

• you must make it

Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                      John,
                      Is the following applicable?
                      Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Type IA, NF
                      Thank you for the clarification.
                      Very Best Regards,
                      Jim
                      Jim,
                      You must make it.
                      John
                      John Bedini
                      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• I stumbled upon something that made me think, "why didn't i use this in start?". I picked up some Metal Polish, it says it cleans and protects metals such as copper and magnesium. Its a liquid and when I stick my two electrodes in it I get 1.6volts @ about 50uA. So then I place some Epsom salt into the mix and I was getting over 500uA. Using Metal polish makes sense, its job is to clean and protect the metal so one would think corrosion will be put at bay. It makes me wonder what is in Metal polish that makes it protect metals? A strip of magnesium survived over night submerged in the metal polish with Epsom salt so it does look like its trying to protect the metal.

Comment

• This is really hot news !
                          Chuck and John have a new release I want support them in kicking off the the best practical crystal cell kit that is available.
                          This announcement is something millions of people need to become aware of
                          This is a new technology and not a magic trick. Not just Crystal Cell but also uses awesome Bedini electronics.
                          I hope public acceptance grows at one of those internet accelerated rates. Momentum baby !

Frzn water, John has made recommendation to IBpointless on how to improve using pure magnesium and he explained the hepta hydrate.
                          You can build on the experimentation of many of the guys just to mention a few. Jehdds work is way ahead of its time
                          and Plengo's adaptation is exceptional. People please be careful to speak positively and truthfully because I noticed this thread
                          is now picked up on all major search engines within hours of your post, thankyou.

The Crystal Cell is really here, Just think what will happen as more people start assembling this latest kit !
                          Last edited by mikrovolt; 01-21-2012, 05:30 PM. Reason: crawl before walking

Comment

• John, Chuck and all,
                            QUESTION.....
                            Will true crystal cells be additive in series arrangement with respect to voltage as galvanic cells are? What about Current? Do the same calculations apply to their use?
                            From my latest experiments, this seems not to be the case. There is some loss in series. I assume the impedance is the issue. Is that correct? I sincerely appreciate your perspective on this.
                            I ask is relation to your silicate based cells as well as the elusive glass type.
                            Very Best Regards,
                            Jim
                            Last edited by jehdds; 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• I just combined Sodium Silicate and Epsom salt into one mix, cooked it till it stop bubbling and stuck my electrodes in. After letting the cell cool for 15 minutes I getting a whooping 1.662v @ 5.50mA!

Combining Sodium silicate and Epsom salt together makes a new material that looks and feels like my crystal glue cells. Timing did seem important, too much and the cell was useless and too little and the cell was hard to work with. I think i should have cooked it for a little longer though, but it being my first one I consider it good enough. I'll have a picture below to show you what it looks like.

SodiumSilicateEpsomSaltHeated.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                                I just combined Sodium Silicate and Epsom salt into one mix, cooked it till it stop bubbling and stuck my electrodes in. After letting the cell cool for 15 minutes I getting a whooping 1.662v @ 5.50mA!

Combining Sodium silicate and Epsom salt together makes a new material that looks and feels like my crystal glue cells. Timing did seem important, too much and the cell was useless and too little and the cell was hard to work with. I think i should have cooked it for a little longer though, but it being my first one I consider it good enough. I'll have a picture below to show you what it looks like.

[ATTACH]10102[/ATTACH]
                                IB,
                                Was that liquid Sodium silicate?
                                Thanks for the update.
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X