Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
    Ibpointless,
    What do think the compound is? to get magnesium silicate you would need to cook this over time dissolving the magnesium grains and it would start the reaction all by itself.
    After you have that compound you can re-melt it with the Epsom Salts by adding a little water to form a Magnesium Hydrate and then fill the cell.
    You need to find out what you have made, if you look at it under a microscope you will see just what material it is. It has mimicked a rock that is mined and used everywhere. I'm not going to say what it is at this time as I want to see if the group can tell me what it is.
    John B

A rock that is mined and used everywhere. We don't mine for just any old rocks, they have to be of some use which means its got to make someone money. So what is a rock that is mined and used everywhere? A few rocks come to my mind. The first thing that comes to mind is gold. Also copper, coal, and granite come to mind too.

I'm sitting here looking at the cell. It has pits and holes much like a rock would have. The texture is rough and complex. It feels dense and has a little weight to it, but the weight could be from the copper sheet it rest on. This riddle is fun.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Rock salt? Or sea salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post
        This is really hot news !

Frzn water, John has made recommendation to IBpointless on how to improve using pure magnesium and he explained the hepta hydrate.
        You can build on the experimentation of many of the guys just to mention a few. Jehdds work is way ahead of its time
        and Plengo's adaptation is exceptional.
        Yes I read that after my post. JB was asking us to figure it out for ourselves and I'm lost in that department. Guess I'll just linger till I can learn more of the way to do it and muddle along with the basics till then
        Tnks for the response
        FrznWtr

Comment

• Talc

I would guess Talc. Soapstone is also made up of mostly talc, so that could be it too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talc

For those wondering about Sodium Silicate crystallization phases when heated, I posted a link regarding them many pages ago. Here it is again.

http://144.206.159.178/FT/627/536386/14042576.pdf

Thanks again everyone for sharing your discoveries.

rw
          Last edited by everyidea; 01-22-2012, 06:49 AM.
          My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Talc

Mike Klimesh
            Live to experiment, Experiment to live (+_+)

Comment

• Clay, also called PHYLLOSILICATES

Comment

• Its a new morning and the Sodium silicate & Epsom salt cell that I made yesterday is dried out and is hard. But the cell is now resting at a steady 1.557 volts @ 60uA. This when first made was giving over 1.600 volts @ over 5mA, but as it dried out its now resting at a lower amp but the volts almost stayed the same. For a dry cell I would consider this a good one. If i used a bigger piece of magnesium I would have gotten more power, If i used a magnesium anode like Bedini does in his alum cells I'm sure I would be at 1mA. This type of mixture would do better in a copper cap or copper cup. Right now the material looks almost white. I have not added any water to this cell, and i'm sure if i add water the amps will go up.

I've always figure the higher we can get the voltage and the lower we can get the amps the better we would be off. Tom Bearden always talked about how voltage is given to use from nature, and voltage can be used to power a load. Tom Bearden tried to make a circuit that would only pull voltage from from a battery because current lags behind voltage, and if you only pull voltage from a battery than you never drain the battery. Now what if we're making the batteries that give you voltage but no current, if you're pulling little to no current from a battery than you're never destroying the battery and nature will keep supplying the voltage for free. Sometimes I feel like I'm making the thing that Tom talks about in his book but instead of using a circuit I'm using a battery that's been made to only give voltage and little to no current. You can power a load on just voltage, it is possible, and if you never use any current you never destroy a battery. But this is just a thought of mine that's been floating in my head.
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Ib2:
                  I also made cells like my carbon/quartz cells that can output several volts when placed in serie, but with practically no current. I find that even at 7.5 volts they won't light an led, with out using an oscillator.

Jim: I love your Carbon/Mg cells. They can be put in a press and piled up.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
                    Ib2:
                    I also made cells like my carbon/quartz cells that can output several volts when placed in serie, but with practically no current. I find that even at 7.5 volts they won't light an led, with out using an oscillator.

Jim: I love your Carbon/Mg cells. They can be put in a press and piled up.
                    Nick,
                    Have you made some? What mix did you use?
                    Jim

Comment

• Jim:
                      No, I haven't, I was talking about your cells. I like the idea of the the dry layered pile effect that can also be pressed together. You seam to be doing great with them.
                      If I can get the Mg, and the rest of the mix I would makes some cells like yours, but that is not available here.
                      I'm still working with the carbon/quarts dry cells, and looking to make an oscillator that will work well with hardly no current needed. Most of my oscillators don't work with the no current non galvanic type cells.
                      NZ

Comment

• Hydrate

To All,
                        Again, Combining a Heptahydrate with a Hydrate. Sodium Silicate is not what you want as it is already a liquid, if you look at the hydrates of Sodium Silicate we find many, you want crystals that melt. In the melting process you add the aluminum or magnesium grains to form this new crystal structure. Once you have this you add it to the Heptahydrate and add the doping to the mix. The doping can be Magnesium Grains. Aluminum Grains, Silver Grains, Glena Grains, Copper Grains, Iron Pyrite Grains. Quarts and so on depending what your going for. It is best to stick with materials that are the same as the electrodes, especially the negative one as that is the one that will give you trouble. When the cell is first put together you will notice some corrosion and this will stop after some time so it is important that the copper has an oxide layer of red or black oxide. In my cells I use a couple drops of water every two or three months as I just use them for lighting with the oscillator. Go Back and watch John H as he uses the salts melted, I do not agree with his explanation of where the energy is coming from but the mix is very useful to the group especially when combined with a Hydrate.
                        John B
                        Last edited by John_Bedini; 01-22-2012, 06:04 PM. Reason: correction
                        John Bedini
                        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Guys,
                          The postage stamp size PGS Graphene pile battery is at 25 hours.
                          The magnesium was prepared in the usual manner to electro deposit the mix of ZnO, Epsoms, Galina, Iron Pyrite etc. The strip was bench dry and untouched for about a week before assembly. Assembly consisted of taking the Mg and coating with a paint of the following mix: LiClO4, ZnO and Silica gel, all ground to a very fine powder in a mortar and pestle. A very small amount of water was added to make a paint. This layer was then covered with the graphene PGS sheet that matched the size of the Mg layer. I then sandwiched the cells between two graphite blocks to ensure uniformity to the layer. The cells were then BRIEFLY polarized with LOW AMP 16V, like for a second or two. After this step, I measured the output of the cell and each produced between 1.47 and 1.58 volts. I assembled into a series pile and sandwiched the cells in a small vice and started the oscillator. The voltage of the pile was only 4V. 2000uA or so. Again the thickness of the electrolyte is VERY VERY VERY thin. See below photo. The white you see on the edge is the thickness of the Mg with the coating of the pretreatment layer only. You cannot see the painted electrolyte. It was compressed and perhaps is about as thick as the graphene sheet itself. The volume of fluid here is not that great during assembly, and I have a suspicion, it should have been evaporated by now or it is being recycled in the functioning of the cell itself. Perhaps if I would have let this dry out FIRST, it may not be optimal. I hope to run it dead, and let it rest to see what happens. If it needs to be "fed" a smidgen of fluid, I will do this multiple times to see what happens to the Mg. This cell at least is EASY to take apart to see the status of the Mg. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the oscillator to begin to blink. For now it is still "on."
                          The cell does appear to be thermally sensitive. After putting on the overhead light at my work bench, the cell appeared just a bit brighter than when I arrived. My basement is VERY dry but cold. Very Best Regards,
                          Jim
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Guys, John and Chuck,
                            Any more thoughts on the Quiz from John we had yesterday?
                            I could not sleep. Any correct answers to guess the rock?
                            Are we even close?
                            Very Best Regards,
                            Jim

Comment

• @John Bedini,

Do the Marcus Reid cells sound and feel like they contain a liquid? Is the cell sealed off?

Thank You.

Comment

• Answers

Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                                Guys, John and Chuck,
                                Any more thoughts on the Quiz from John we had yesterday?
                                I could not sleep. Any correct answers to guess the rock?
                                Are we even close?
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim

@ All, most answers are partially correct. What rock contains most of these answers?

Comment

Working...
                                X