X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plengo cell

Originally posted by plengo View Post
    Just sharing some new construction and formula. Crystal Cell 14 - YouTube

I am using Activated Carbon, Alum, dry Sodium Silicate, Mg and paper.

I waited a night for the Sodium Silicate to dry out into a glass solid structure. I grind it to powder. Mixed it with the other elements and formed the Cell similar to my other cells. THis time I use a lot more paper around Mg so that it will hold the water but no touch the remaining (geometry again).

This cell gives an amazing 1.9v or more and 30ma or more. With an oscillator it can give 20ma constant. Without the oscillator and 12 LEDs in parallel it gives about 2 to 5ma for a long time. This is a very small cell and the performance is orders of magnitude better than my previous cells.

I can only say the Silica is the tricky in this case.

Fausto.
    Hi Plengo,
    Nice cells! This is fantastic. Is that big die made of copper or Mg? I never could get soooo many mAs out of a cell this size!
    I suppose you use Mg in the center and copper in the outside, is that correct? Thanks for helping!

Comment

• Rocket gyro batteries.

@John Bedini,

This is what I managed to turn up so far:

"The air batteries and nitrogen batteries are filled up to 200 bar, and the rocket now weighs 28,000 lbs (12,700 kg). Electrical cables are now connected and gyroscopes are being powered up by 28 Volts / 60 Amps, DC".

1680 Watts worth of Crystal Power Cells would take up alot of space, but the air and nitrgen batteries weigh enough. At 100-250 W-hr/kg for a lithium-ion battery, the electric power source would only have to weigh around 15 pounds, a huge weight savings over the 200 bar of compressed gasses. It would make sense to replace the disclosed heavy air and nitrogen battery system with Crystal Power Cells, based on weight savings advantage, if they became available. I'll keep searching for more clues.

They told me their Saucer Jockeys had to wear mittens! Quote from Plengo: Wow! "I can only say the Silica (Sodium Silicate) is the trick in this case". On lighting 12 super bright LEDS for a long time with just two tiny cells.
      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-08-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Alum cell

Originally posted by plengo View Post

I waited a night for the Sodium Silicate to dry out into a glass solid structure. I grind it to powder. Mixed it with the other elements and formed the Cell similar to my other cells. THis time I use a lot more paper around Mg so that it will hold the water but no touch the remaining (geometry again).

This cell gives an amazing 1.9v or more and 30ma or more. With an oscillator it can give 20ma constant. Without the oscillator and 12 LEDs in parallel it gives about 2 to 5ma for a long time. This is a very small cell and the performance is orders of magnitude better than my previous cells.

Fausto.
        @ plengo
        That is a good cell for Ma output. John and I built that one awhile back and found that the Alum grows and pushes the cell apart. They start out at about 30Ma. We used graphite instead of carbon though.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post

Fausto.
          Fausto,
          Very nice.
          Are you seeing the magnesium being digested?
          Very best regards,
          Jim

Comment

• Current

Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
            @John Bedini,

This is what I managed to turn up so far:

"The air batteries and nitrogen batteries are filled up to 200 bar, and the rocket now weighs 28,000 lbs (12,700 kg). Electrical cables are now connected and gyroscopes are being powered up by 28 Volts / 60 Amps, DC".

1680 Watts worth of Crystal Power Cells would take up alot of space, but the air and nitrgen batteries weigh enough. At 100-250 W-hr/kg for a lithium-ion battery, the electric power source would only have to weigh around 15 pounds, a huge weight savings over the 200 bar of compressed gasses. It would make sense to replace the disclosed heavy air and nitrogen battery system with Crystal Power Cells, based on weight savings advantage, if they became available. I'll keep searching for more clues.
            @ Allen
            Those gyro require huge amounts of current to run. The DRA/DRAI/NC2/pt512/s systems on the submarines I worked on for the US Navy required huge current to run. I really dought that a crystal cell is a candidate to run a gyro based system at a level that would allow that system to be accurate as needed. But, we can hope we get there someday though.
            Last edited by chuck H; 01-24-2012, 04:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• @Jim,
              I dont know. Too early. I have similar cells with carbons and the answer is no. Not really.

@aaron5120'

Yes. Mg inside and copper outside. This cell is very small. Smaller than the copper cap ones. Total material used is minimal too.

@chuck,

Off course you guys did. I feel like i am always behind great shoulder. I really wish i could work with you guys there and learn from you.

Btw, the first cell was running since last night until i made the second one and the video shows the rest. Very impressive amps on such small size. Brand new made was giving over 100 ma at .5v shorted through the meter. Amazing!!!

Fausto.
              Last edited by plengo; 01-24-2012, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• @all,

Can someone with good equipment measure if those cells have constant or pulsating DC voltage at mega range frequency?

Fausto.
                Last edited by plengo; 01-24-2012, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Ps: i forgot to mention. This cell 100% dry produces 1.9v and shorted a constant current of 50uma (micro amps).

Fausto.

Comment

• thank you John

Thank you john to lightning our live again

Comment

• Fausto:
                      You mentioned that the cell when new gave 100mA, but dry gives 50 micro amps? That it uses water, but shows no oxidation, as it is too early to tell.
                      NO sand used in these last two small cells? Where do you get the carbon?
                      Sorry for all the questions,
                      thanks for sharing your results.
                      Nick

Comment

• @Nickz,

activated carbon for aquariums.

Tetra Black Diamond Media 16 oz.

No sand. I will also make one using sand and see what happens. Yes dry 50 microamps at 1.9v. I will have to wait a few weeks before opening one and see how much corrosion will happen.

Fausto.

Comment

• Source for dry Sodium Silicate

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                          Ibpointless,
                          Lets go over this again. You have two things here that are not going to work correctly, 1 the Water Glass, 2 the Salt Substitute these two can not be mixed together as everything will corrode and you will not get much power.

In the last post to you I said that you could combine a Heptahydrate, meaning Epsom Salts, with a Hydrate meaning the crystals of Sodium Silicate, this must all be cooked together. You may add Aluminum grains or Magnesium Grains. At the right Temp they will combine to form either Aluminum Silicate or Magnesium Silicate. This is your medium then and you can use the copper and the Magnesium in the cell. You can not cook down the Water Glass as it is not the same thing, if you cook down the Water Glass and add the grains you may not get the same reaction and it is questionable whether it will work or not in the cell. The timing is very important when cooking the crystals and grains as to not cook it to much or it will turn to solid and you will not be able to make the cell.
                          John B

@ JB
                          I found a source for the dry sodium silicate that you specified for this cell--

Sodium Silicate, Powder, Alkaline

If I am reading your description correct the only other thing required is epsom salt and a doping agent. Cooking outside is extremely important like we discussed because of the poisonous nature of sodium silicate. The cook down of the ingredients needs to be enough to melts things but no so much as to turn them to powder? Burnt copper and magnesium are probably the best electrodes? Dope the mixture with magnesium filings?

If this is correct and will give us the true crystal cell------guys we are there. We can all do this.

Lidmotor
                          Last edited by Lidmotor; 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                            @ JB
                            I found a source for the dry sodium silicate that you specified for this cell--

Sodium Silicate, Powder, Alkaline

If I am reading your description correct the only other thing required is epsom salt and a doping agent. Cooking outside is extremely important like we discussed because of the poisonous nature of sodium silicate. The cook down of the ingredients needs to be enough to melts things but no so much as to turn them to powder? Burnt copper and magnesium are probably the best electrodes? Dope the mixture with magnesium filings?

If this is correct and will give us the true crystal cell------guys we are there. We can all do this.

Lidmotor
                            What I am about to say is a complete wild guess. I think that cooking can never pass 600 degrees. One of the report posted by someone before shows that if you heat Sodium Silicate above that it becomes something that is irreversible and since with pure Silica Powder I got excellent result I theorize we want it in the Silica format.

Fausto.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
                              What I am about to say is a complete wild guess.
                              Fausto.
                              You're right, wild guess

You can heat it all you want, but it will go through transformations along the way.

75c = drive off water in the silicate
                              100c-350c = solid, no crystal formation
                              400c-750c = multiple formations of crystal structures during temp. changes.
                              800c = loss of crystallization, clear and cracked mass

One thing to remember, Mg melts at 650c... so...

@lidmotor, the powder you found may not be crystallized or a hydrate, something to think about.

rw
                              My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Temperature.

@lidmotor,

Good find on the powdered Sodium Silicate. That's the ticket!

@jehdds

Sodiummetasilikat (Na2SiO3) alone is different from the reagent you located. The reagent is a mixture. Epsom Salt bonding with the Sodium Silicate should result in a long chain molecule similar to the one Lye would produce. Both are corrosive salts. The resulting crystal compound lattice is probably just as good for the power cell. I have'nt cooked either one yet.

A meat thermometer would probably help. Recent progress is quantum leap compared to those cumbersome old Stubblefields.
                                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 01-25-2012, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X