Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
    @lidmotor,

Good find on the powdered Sodium Silicate. That's the ticket!

@jehdds

Sodiummetasilikat (Na2SiO3) is different from the reagent you located.

A meat thermometer would probably help. Recent progress is warp factor quantum leap compared to those cumbersome old Stubblefields.
    Allen,
    What specific molecular variant? Differ from below specifically?
    Besides one being in German?
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Jim
    Sodium Metasilicate

Na2SiO3•9H2O *** F.W. 284.20 *** CAS: 13517-24-3 ***

Comment

• This kind of Sodiummetasillicate comes mixed, like a drug dealer would cut Methamphetamine with talcum powder. Seperateing the mixture might cause more of a problem then synthisizing the compound.
      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 01-25-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

This kind of Sodiummetasillicate comes mixed, like a drug dealer would cut Methamphetamine with talcum powder. Seperateing the mixture might cause more of a problem then synthisizing the compound.
        Allen
        The analogy eludes me. If we have a reagent that is PURE is that not better than possible impurity from dubious starting materials such as drano etc?
        What is the reagent that I showed cut with to make it less suitable?
        Thank you again.
        Jim

Comment

• Reagent.

@jehdds,

These following quotes are from the Wikipedia article on reagent:

"In another use of the term, when purchasing or preparing chemicals, reagent-grade describes chemical substances of sufficient purity for use in chemical analysis, chemical reactions or physical testing".

In another use of the term,

"reagents are compounds or mixtures".

Na2SiO3•9H2O Do you see the alphanumeric string after the asterik: 9H2O?

That's the talcum powder! My guess is it comes in the form of a paste.

I never advised anyone to use Drano. All I stated was that it contained Sodium Hydroxide, more commonly known as Lye and colored salt.

My other point is that Epsom Salts will unclog drains too. They are both reactants.
          Last edited by Allen Burgess; 02-26-2012, 01:13 AM.

Comment

@jehdds,

These following quotes are from the Wikipedia article on reagent:

"In another use of the term, when purchasing or preparing chemicals, reagent-grade describes chemical substances of sufficient purity for use in chemical analysis, chemical reactions or physical testing".

In another use of the term,

"reagents are compounds or mixtures".

Na2SiO3•9H2O Do you see the alphanumeric string after the asterik: 9H2O?

That's the talcum powder! My guess is it comes in the form of a paste.

I never advised anyone to use Drano. All I stated was that it contained Sodium Hydroxide, more commonly known as Lye and colored salt.

My other point is that Epsom Salts will unclog drains too.
            Allen,
            With respect to what compound Lidmotor notes,
            Did you notice the description "hydrous?"
            And the following: regarding % h20?
            Specifications:
            Wt. Ratio SiO2/Na2O : 2
            %Na2O 27.0
            %SiO2 54.00
            %H2O 18.00
            Density g/cm3 0.977
            Characteristics: Fine white powder
            CAS# 1344-09-8
            Please forgive my ignorance of the subtle difference.
            Are you seeing a great difference with metasilicate with tied up water molecules as being a lesser chemical for reaction due to the water being bound?
            Are they not both hydrates?
            Again, I am simply trying to learn how a nonahydrate or pentahydrate could be considered an adulterated compound. How about this,
            I will try the reagent and see if it works. If not, time to synthesize.
            Let us know how your efforts go as well.
            Very best regards,
            Jim

Comment

• Reagent

@jehdds,

"Are you seeing a great difference with metasilicate with tied up water molecules as being a lesser chemical for reaction due to the water being bound? Are they not both hydrates?"

Disodium trioxosilicate is the compound it's mixed with. This is not water, even though an "H2O" appears in the alphanumeric description. Two Hydrogen and one Oxygen has a sub diget, much different from one Hydrgen and two Oxygens, easily confused.

This information is incorrect! Both are merely synonyms for the identical compound.
              Last edited by Allen Burgess; 01-26-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

@jehdds,

"Are you seeing a great difference with metasilicate with tied up water molecules as being a lesser chemical for reaction due to the water being bound? Are they not both hydrates?"

Disodium trioxosilicate is the compound it's mixed with. This is not water, even though an "H2O" appears in the alphanumeric description.
                Allen,
                Are you pulling my leg?
                Sodium=Na, Di=2 Tri=3, Oxo=Oxygen silicate
                Na2SiO3
                From Wiki:
                Anhydrous sodium silicate contains a chain polymeric anion composed of corner shared {SiO4} tetrahedral, and not a discrete SiO32− ion.[1] In addition to the anhydrous form, there are hydrates with the formula Na2SiO3·nH2O (where n = 5, 6, 8, 9) which contain the discrete, approximately tetrahedral anion SiO2(OH)22− with water of hydration. For example, the commercially available sodium silicate pentahydrate Na2SiO3·5H2O is formulated as Na2SiO2(OH)2·4H2O and the nonahydrate Na2SiO3·9H2O is formulated as Na2SiO2(OH)2·8H2O.[2]
                Is it not the Hydrates that John noted is what we seek?
                Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen Burgess
                  I don't like your attitude. You got a little too smart with me over the magnetic flux issue at the Joule Thief thread. You grow tangential to remain adverserial. I am tired of chasing the issue.
                  Allen,
                  My apologies, and I do not intend nor am I the type of person to be a wise guy. Please feel free to refresh my memory if I stated something on the Joule thief thread that was offensive. Again, I never intended to offend if taken as such my apology. Please let me know specifics. This can be off this thread. I am not being tangential, rather, understand I am simply trying to clarify. If this is all off on my part, I will happily withdraw, recant and remain silent.
                  Very Best Regards,
                  Jim
                  BTW, PLEASE SPECIFY IN PM WHAT EXACTLY I DID ON THE JOULE THEIF THREAD. I DO NOT REMEMBER DOING SO.

Comment

• what do you think

Anyone try diamond dust? I found some 3-5 micron dust on ebay for pretty cheap.
                    I'm just guessing but I am thinking small amounts of diamond dust(5-30%)and then using your voltage draw or other means to resonate the cells crystal the diamond might work with a Casimir effect because of it's almost cube shape. My plan is to try this with silica powder as the base since it already yeilds good results as well as it has a piezoelectric effect. I found pure silica powder on ebay also, it was a bit more expensive but it was only sold in slightly larger amounts I believe. I found it as a beauty product of some kind.

Another thought is what about using platinum mesh or gold plating for the cathode and lead or aluminum as the anode. Materials that Cause Static Electricity by Ron Kurtus - Succeed in Understanding Physics: School for Champions

Thinner crystals and materials I would imagine would be much more efficient due to the gap between the anode and cathode layers being thinner helping the cathode and anode move the electrons out of the crystal structure faster.

Also a well designed magnetic field might be of use in organizing the crystal structure, if you can control the microns of the powders you are using, and you can control the field you ought to be able to align them in particular directions.

With the correct frequency, alignment of diamonds (enough magnetism should polarize them?) and a conductive material, which I am hoping more stable metals as a plating could provide chemical durability, performance and maybe help remove the need for any kind of electrolyte.

Bedini talked about his cells getting stronger in the day (invisible light?) as well as collecting and using heat to make electricity, maybe these methods could help to capture those wavelengths or with the cells in general.

I could be completely wrong I don't have any of the tools to test any of this yet, I'm working on getting together what I can so if I can get working cells going I plan to work on getting nicer tools but I think that it's going to take a little more time than it should so I just want to put the ideas out there.

Hopefully I have gotten my ideas down well enough in this post that it makes sense but let me know what you think and about any results, please help me do some experimentation and with my thinking about the problem until I can get equipment. If I'm not being clear enough about anything please let me know, I really feel like this could lead to something.

Matt

Comment

• Caustic soda and sand.

Have a look at this link:

Make Sodium Silicate - NurdRage

"We make sodium silicate from drain cleaner and those little gel beads".

The Marcus Reid Crystal Power Cell in the picture is 4 parts drain cleaner and 3 parts gel beads per weight. They are dissolved in boiling water, and a thick slurry poured into an aluminum pipe with a copper tube in the center. This Power Cell generated 60WH of D.C. current over a period of seven years without oxidizing the aluminum.

This is Stoichiometric Sodium Silicate, also known as Sodiummetasilikat (Na2SiO3).
                      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• The gift

John bedini is willing to give a gift!
                        Pay attention, you already have all the info presented many times in this thread!

Comment

• Hydrates and Heptahydrates, and how to fix the John Hutchison cells.

Hydrates and Heptahydrates, and how to fix the John Hutchison cells.

Follow these instructions very careful or the test will not pan out.

We have been over and over and over this and I really do not have time to teach this from scratch about Crystals.

Take the copper and heat until Cherry Red and dip in warm water until you form a layer of black oxide and I mean Black, test with Ohm Meter for conduction you should find none. Then the copper is ready to work with.
                          Take Rochelle Salts 3 spoons
                          Take Epsom salts 1 spoon
                          Take Hydrate # 5 and dope the mixture with two pinches.
                          Then take Iron Pyrite and file enough into the mix so you can see it as a
                          bronze covering in the mixture Mix it up with a spoon. Then take the magnesium and file it until you see it covering the mixture then mix it again in this dry mix.

Now take a hot plate and take just enough of the mixture in a stainless steel cup and add 4ml of water not much, heat to 100c stering until you see little bubbles at this time the chemical will almost be ready it will dry very fast so you must work fast. Do this in a plastic box so you can seal it.
                          Pour the mixture the first time in the box and push the copper into it and cover the flat sheet completely with mixture. Now cut a paper towel to fit over the electrode and push it down on the copper as this will be sticky Use a big piece of magnesium (like a fire starter flat piece, drill a hole for a screw to attach a wire same for the copper, you can scrape and solder the wire on the copper.
                          Now heat the rest of the mixture and pour it into the box and just push the Magnesium into it, make sure it's almost to the top of the Magnesium.

Note: it would be better if you cut notches out of the magnesium so the crystal can form in the groves around the outside.
                          When this is completed you will have a very sticky crystal that will dry out, but in the meantime it will give between 10 and 50 Ma for the Radiant Oscillator circuit I have discussed before on this group. When the crystal dries out it will produce between 4.5 to 10 Ma with the radiant circuit, not the joule thief.
                          I have used these and have watched them work for weeks even months, the Idea is to enclose them with enough H2O in the mixture as this is what this cell requires to work.
                          If you make a crappy unit you will fail, if you use the wrong electronics you will fail, just do it the way I have said here. Make sure you can not see any conductivity of the copper with an ohm meter The only conductivity you should see is in the meg ohms. That black oxide is making an NPN device, when you see no more power add 1ml of water to each side don't worry about your Magnesium because it's going to take years to kill this cell.

Now all this being said if you follow directions it will work for you If you can not get the materials then ask Chuck or I for the correct electronics/ Magnesium/ Box as most of this is in the Kits we have made for sale. This is the only way to learn how to do it, then experiment yourself and see if you can make it better.
                          John B
                          John Bedini
                          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post

Take Epsom salts 1 spoon
                            bronze covering in the mixture Mix it up with a spoon. Then take the magnesium and file it until you see it covering the mixture then mix it again in this dry mix.
                            John B
                            Tnks John
                            Question;
                            Two pinches of what?
                            What is Hydrate # 5?
                            Tnks in advance
                            FrznWtr

Comment

• Thanks JB for sharing, it's MUCH appreciated.

@FrozenWaterLab

I believe JB is referring to SODIUM METASILICATE PENTAHYDRATE - SiO3Na2•5H2O, seeing that every mention JB has made regarding hydrates is in reference to a sodium silicate hydrate, and where the water molecule can be either 5,6,8 or 9.

SODIUM METASILICATE PENTAHYDRATE

rw
                              My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post

We have been over and over and over this and I really do not have time to teach this from scratch about Crystals.

Take the copper and heat until Cherry Red and dip in warm water until you form a layer of black oxide and I mean Black, test with Ohm Meter for conduction you should find none. Then the copper is ready to work with.
                                Take Epsom salts 1 spoon

Now take a hot plate and take just enough of the mixture in a stainless steel cup and add 4ml of water not much, heat to 100c stering until you see little bubbles at this time the chemical will almost be ready it will dry very fast so you must work fast. Do this in a plastic box so you can seal it.
                                Pour the mixture the first time in the box and push the copper into it and cover the flat sheet completely with mixture. Now cut a paper towel to fit over the electrode and push it down on the copper as this will be sticky Use a big piece of magnesium (like a fire starter flat piece, drill a hole for a screw to attach a wire same for the copper, you can scrape and solder the wire on the copper.
                                Now heat the rest of the mixture and pour it into the box and just push the Magnesium into it, make sure it's almost to the top of the Magnesium.

Note: it would be better if you cut notches out of the magnesium so the crystal can form in the groves around the outside.
                                When this is completed you will have a very sticky crystal that will dry out, but in the meantime it will give between 10 and 50 Ma for the Radiant Oscillator circuit I have discussed before on this group. When the crystal dries out it will produce between 4.5 to 10 Ma with the radiant circuit, not the joule thief.
                                I have used these and have watched them work for weeks even months, the Idea is to enclose them with enough H2O in the mixture as this is what this cell requires to work.
                                If you make a crappy unit you will fail, if you use the wrong electronics you will fail, just do it the way I have said here. Make sure you can not see any conductivity of the copper with an ohm meter The only conductivity you should see is in the meg ohms. That black oxide is making an NPN device, when you see no more power add 1ml of water to each side don't worry about your Magnesium because it's going to take years to kill this cell.

Now all this being said if you follow directions it will work for you If you can not get the materials then ask Chuck or I for the correct electronics/ Magnesium/ Box as most of this is in the Kits we have made for sale. This is the only way to learn how to do it, then experiment yourself and see if you can make it better.
                                John B

Hey John Bedini, I was wondering what your definition of a crystal battery is? How would you describe it?

Thanks
                                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                                X