Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
    John B:
    Thank you for the info on your oscillator circuits. There is also a circuit posted on the first page of this thread.
    Are there any updates, improvements or suggestions for the different oscillators circuits, since they were first made and used? Especially in regard to recommendations for use with very low current output cells (less than 1mA)???
    Do you also feel that there is additional energy coming into the device from the ambient, possibly even more so when using an oscillator, than when a direct led connecton to the cells is used?
    NickZ
    Nick,

Small interruption from me about the additional energy...

You have the cell on a penny like type oscillator? what is volt&amps under load that you see?

About the additional energy I pointed out to earlier on the oscillator... Of course this is not some magic trick, but simply adds a ground loop to the system. However, I noticed that the cell + ground loop gave an effect that I not expected, and thus my desire to examine this a bit further with a -controlled- potential injection. There *might* be an advantage in this that came as a surprise to me, but I need to validate this.

--
    Ron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
      @All
      I tried different things on my Hydrate Crystal "test" cell and decided the heat is the most interesting thing that makes it do it's thing. Thanks John and Chuck for all the help with the R&D on this. It must be some kind of a thermal activated device. I tried an IR led (near IR), laser, and different types visible light but it was plain old heat that did the trick. Of course you can add water to the cell to make it go but when it dries out it stops. A constant heat source seems to work the best.

Here is a test that I did using a hot mug of coffee this morning:

Heat activated crystal cell.ASF - YouTube

@John, Chuck, and IB

There might be a way to use a heat source with the "pressure cell" and get more out of it??

Lidmotor

PS--- For anyone who wants to make motion instead of light, here is where to get one of those little "Hankscraft" motors that I show in the video. Just remove the tiny solar panel and hook up your crystal cell to it

Hankscraft HM11P Solar Motor-The Electronic Goldmine

@Lidmotor

Cool effect you show there! , or should I say HOT :-)

No seriously, I assume the cell converts this heat to electricity, and so I assume again, that heat is taken away....This could have some serious applications... Since I'm on a starting solar cell project, I thought of a way to make double use of the cells... Idea I had in my mind to have a double glassplate at the backside of the panels and have a water flow between the small space of the plates.. it would 1 warm the water, and 2 lower the heat of the solar cells which become quite HOT in the sun (and thus drop in performance)... If these cells at say 1 square meter could remove heat at a reasonable rate AND convert these on top of that in some power, It would have real usable efficiency increase (only need to keep in mind what will be the $$$).

Plenty of other area's in which it could be useful (also never have to change your digital watch battery anymore).

Hmm, a peltier battery...

--
      Ron.

Comment

@All
        I tried different things on my Hydrate Crystal "test" cell and decided the heat is the most interesting thing that makes it do it's thing. Thanks John and Chuck for all the help with the R&D on this. It must be some kind of a thermal activated device. I tried an IR led (near IR), laser, and different types visible light but it was plain old heat that did the trick. Of course you can add water to the cell to make it go but when it dries out it stops. A constant heat source seems to work the best.

Here is a test that I did using a hot mug of coffee this morning:

Heat activated crystal cell.ASF - YouTube

@John, Chuck, and IB

There might be a way to use a heat source with the "pressure cell" and get more out of it??

Lidmotor

PS--- For anyone who wants to make motion instead of light, here is where to get one of those little "Hankscraft" motors that I show in the video. Just remove the tiny solar panel and hook up your crystal cell to it

Hankscraft HM11P Solar Motor-The Electronic Goldmine
        Hey Lidmotor, be carefull not to spill your coffee on that unsealed cell as it might become "Galvanic"... HA, HA

Heat makes cell output more... Sun makes heat... can anyone else see where were heading with this?

@ all, John has went to procure some copper as We are about to go big on some new crystal cells, well at least a we bit bigger. New tooling needs to be made so it may take a day or so.

Comment

• Hi John B and all,

Here is a youtube video of the crystal cell battery's that Jack, Jeremy and I have built over the last several mo, and have been testing with various LED fixtures that we have built up or salvaged, using Bedini fig. 33 self oscillator circuits, and various test coils

crystal battery testing.wmv - YouTube

we will build some more crystal battery's with the newest mix once we have all the materials on hand

RS

Comment

• NOT "Peltier" or "Thermocouple" effect

Originally posted by NextGen1967 View Post
            @Lidmotor

Cool effect you show there! , or should I say HOT :-)

No seriously, I assume the cell converts this heat to electricity, and so I assume again, that heat is taken away....This could have some serious applications... Since I'm on a starting solar cell project, I thought of a way to make double use of the cells... Idea I had in my mind to have a double glassplate at the backside of the panels and have a water flow between the small space of the plates.. it would 1 warm the water, and 2 lower the heat of the solar cells which become quite HOT in the sun (and thus drop in performance)... If these cells at say 1 square meter could remove heat at a reasonable rate AND convert these on top of that in some power, It would have real usable efficiency increase (only need to keep in mind what will be the $$$).

Plenty of other area's in which it could be useful (also never have to change your digital watch battery anymore).

Hmm, a peltier battery...

--
            Ron.
            Ron ----After I made that video (and finished my coffee) the little motor kept right on going. What might have happened was that the heat activated the water molecules in the crystal (opened the doors?) and whatever party is going on in there--- just started up again.

This is the craziest thing to watch. I can almost hear the music. This isn't how a peltier module or a thermocouple would react. Take away the heat or heat differential and turn out the lights--the party is over.

Lidmotor
            Last edited by Lidmotor; 01-31-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Water and lattice

Lidmotor and all:
              So when the heat was applied the water began to flow as the lattace was able to "reconnect" and reconconduct (new word I think) the Ions. And then it was said "Let there be light" or in lidmotors case "motion to create motion.
              Chuck H

Comment

Ron ----After I made that video (and finished my coffee) the little motor kept right on going. What might have happened was that the heat activated the water molecules in the crystal (opened the doors?) and whatever party is going on in there--- just started up again.

This is the craziest thing to watch. I can almost hear the music. This isn't how a peltier module or a thermocouple would react. Take away the heat or heat differential and turn out the lights--the party is over.

Lidmotor

@Lidmotor

Ha, that's why I said 'peltier BATTERY'.... :-)

Let me know if the cell stops again after a while... It would be possible...

--
                Ron.

Comment

• Working cells and circuits

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
                  Hi John B and all,

Here is a youtube video of the crystal cell battery's that Jack, Jeremy and I have built over the last several mo, and have been testing with various LED fixtures that we have built up or salvaged, using Bedini fig. 33 self oscillator circuits, and various test coils

crystal battery testing.wmv - YouTube

we will build some more crystal battery's with the newest mix once we have all the materials on hand

RS
                  Very nice RS. Keep up the good work and thanks for showing this stuff really works. And thanks to all doing this.
                  Chuck H
                  Last edited by chuck H; 01-31-2012, 08:11 PM. Reason: Same as always spelling

Comment

• Updates on cells and other stuff

Just an update on the sealed cells charging the AAA battery. Also John shows a "DON'T DO THIS" and explains why. Also some of the MR cells and the BIG BLUE osc I made last year keeps going.

Hydrate crystal cell charging NiMh - YouTube

Chuck H

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                      In this video we show how to make compression Crystal cell and what to expect by doing it this way. It works good and requires time to build as you need tooling to compress the material in the cell. This is a Ibpointlass2 cell using salt substitute and then in the second cell using a Hydrate compound.

IBpointlass2 Cell and a Hydrate Crystal Cell.wmv - YouTube

On the second day cells completely dried out as it only took hydration one time to activate these cells. The Ibpointless cell is holding at 3 Ma under oscillator load. The Heptahydrate , hydrate cell with the mix I gave on the group is holding at over 7Ma. They are both good cells and it is worth expanding at this type of cell. Good work Ibpointlass2.
                      John Bedini
                      Thank You John Bedini for doing the replication, Glad it works and glad to see the Hydrate one too.

Have you tired to make one with a bigger tube and more salts in it? I'm sure you'll get the mA's you're looking for if you scale up bigger.
                      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
                        Just an update on the sealed cells charging the AAA battery. Also John shows a "DON'T DO THIS" and explains why. Also some of the MR cells and the BIG BLUE osc I made last year keeps going.

Hydrate crystal cell charging NiMh - YouTube

Chuck H
                        Don't mix salt substitute with John Bedini's Hydrate mix, but its ok to mix salt substitute and Epsom salt.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Guys,
                          Working on a polymer matrix for the cells we seek to keep the fluid from desiccating and may have promise. The ETOH and H20 can be tied up in this polymer. I did a simple test sans any electrolyte salts or other and the viscoelastic gel that is formed will indeed allow for current, voltage etc. The hydration will be tied up to be sure and the desiccation would be very low. The mix does not at all seem to deteriorate the Mg. It has adhesive properties. I just wanted to place this in the open as others can try as well.

Polymethyl methacralate BASE FOR POLYMER CHAIN
                          Benzoyl Peroxide as catalyst
                          Ethyl Alcohol
                          Water
                          Dibutyl Phthalate
                          Triethyl Citrate

Another endeavor that I am attempting is the Perchlorate mix pre-oxidization of Mg. Before assembly without using current. In other words another way to PRE Treat the Mg before cell assembly without using current to Hot paint the Mg. Parts per volume specified as numerals.
                          Mix of 2. ZnO, 1. Feldspathic porcelain, 1Lithium Perchlorate, 1Na Metasillicate Nonahydrate, .25 Carbon and .25 Mg particulate Doping Mixed with water to form a paste and painted on the magnesium to allow to dry. Crystals form on the surface to be sure…. Time will show if effectual in retarding or eliminating Mg galvanic consumption. So far mini tests hold promise.

This pre-treatment will be followed up with filling the cell with the electrolyte of choice, to be sure a Metasillicate based one that will also contain ZnO, Al02 and Silica Gel powder. I believe the crystal formation is critical for EXTENT of current delivery. Compression is brilliant, and I am taking the opposite end of the spectrum to PRE make the crystals on the MG surface and then back fill to bridge. Polarization will be a brief interlude if at all. I am hoping to make layers that will allow for fantastic current delivery as well as sustained lower current. Perhaps both are necessary for optimization.

Great work everyone. The hope that Magnetic field assistance during crystal formation as well as electrical may help magnify the current capacity.

I think all see know that FLUID of some POLAR form is ESSENTIAL for the functioning of these cells. Until we transfer into GASEOUS materials or PLASMA, we are married to FLUID at SOME level, hopefully IRREVERSIBLY BOUND and Non Volatile.

Very Best Regards,
                          Jim

Comment

• I am starting to be really happy with the group finding out the water in limited and structured and special delivery process is key to this thing.

I thought for a moment that we would be pursuing only dry, 100% water free cells and not get anywhere. That is not to say we can not, it is just my opinion that water is essential (just like anything in organic life) and it is a mater of how to delivery and how much.

I think also to have 100% water free cells we will have to find an example in nature first and than look how it does it. Rocks in my opinion are far free from water.

Fausto.

Comment

• Cells and salts

@ IB2:
                              We just finished a much larger cell about 2" copper by 6" tall. John had to go home and I have meetings tonight. John will post tonight or in A.M. on this. It took John 4 hrs to make the tooling for this
                              "compressed cell". The dies probably way 4 pounds but will never need another set for this size cell.

Yes those two you can mix. Epsom and Salt sub as I'm sure you know that.

Comment

• Hydrate Cell--Full replication-----running a Slayer Exciter

JB, Chuck,& All
                                I was successful replicating the full size Crystal Hydrate cell today. It was not easy and it took two attempts. Cooking the mix right is very hard and the first attempt was too undercooked and a failure. The second time I got it right somehow and the cell turned out amazing. Thanks again John and Chuck for this cell design. It is hard to make but worth it.

I tried it out on all my toys that run on a AA and was most pleased when it powered up Slayer Exciter. A bunch of us who work on the "Exciter" projects have dreamed about this for a long time.

Bedini Hydrate Crystal Cell running a Slayer Exciter - YouTube

I guess I'll try IB's new pressure cell next.

Lidmotor
                                Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-01-2012, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X