Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
    JB, Chuck,& All
    I was successful replicating the full size Crystal Hydrate cell today. It was not easy and it took two attempts. Cooking the mix right is very hard and the first attempt was too undercooked and a failure. The second time I got it right somehow and the cell turned out amazing. Thanks again John and Chuck for this cell design. It is hard to make but worth it.

I tried it out on all my toys that run on a AA and was most pleased when it powered up Slayer Exciter. A bunch of us who work on the "Exciter" projects have dreamed about this for a long time.

Bedini Hydrate Crystal Cell running a Slayer Exciter - YouTube

I guess I'll try IB's new pressure cell next.

Lidmotor
    Awesome work Lidmotor. Those cells can really do things.

Fausto.

Comment

• Intresting Tid Bit

I came across this information, check it out.

"Free Energy" cell battery Lithium sulfinyl chloride accumulators which appeared in recent years combine the compact size of nickel cadmium batteries and nickel-metal-hydride batteries and a high capacity of lead-acid batteries."Free Energy" battery produced by the "Center of independent supply sources" is one of the variants of standby battery of this type. They are composed of PMX165C cells with a nominal voltage of 3.93V per cell, the capacity of 6.2 A/h and the size 24*55 mm.The peculiar feature of these cells is a relatively low discharge current about 0.3A. Therefore they can't be used in transport vehicles or power electric tools unlike lithium-iron-phosphate cells.Although these cells as supply source of independent devices have a wider temperature range from -20 to +165 degrees and low self-discharge current not more than 3% of the capacity per year.Moreover, "Free Energy" batteries have an inbuilt unit of discharge control which monitors the discharge level and sends reports on its status to the remote unit of data reader via Bluetooth or PC cable.All these characteristics make "Free Energy" batteries a reliable supply source for independent high-duty equipment."

"Free Energy" cell battery - YouTube

Very interesting

Mike

Comment

• Another one "Lanthanum Fluoride Battery"

I especially like the processing of the electrodes on this one. Makes one think of applying these creative techniques.

"Lanthanum Fluoride Battery One of the most modern high-capacity batteries are lanthanum fluoride batteries. The Russian company "High-energy battery systems" has been working on this type of secondary power source since 1999 under the leadership of Alexander Potanin, PhD in technical sciences.A lanthanum fluoride battery represents a fundamentally new class of secondary elements - solid-state batteries. Its anode is made of lanthanum, and the cathode - of fluoride bismuth or lead. Barium lanthanum fluoride is used as the electrolyte, besides this electrolyte is hard. The battery production technology consists of covering anode and cathode electrodes in a solid solution of lanthanum and barium fluoride. The element is formed by AC voltage of a sinusoidal form of industrial frequency at 800 degrees, resulting in reduction of internal resistance of the element that increases its maximum output current.During the subsequent charge - discharge cycles, the current source with the open circuit voltage of 3.7 V had stable discharge characteristics at a voltage level to 1.5 V. The theoretical energy consumption is up to 750 W • h / kg. The capacitance per unit volume is over 1330 W • h / dm2.A lanthanum - fluoride battery can be used as part of long continuous systems at normal temperature; in the autonomous power sources for operation at high temperatures; in the thermal reserve batteries of different capacities and duration of action, for example, for starter run of diesel engines.Currently, this type of battery is the optimum combination of high specific electric power with operational safety and small size."

Lanthanum Fluoride Battery - YouTube

Just add water, sounds familiar.
        Multi-Functional Water Battery Clock - YouTube

Mike

Comment

• Water & Heat

@ Chuck
          The little Hankscraft motor ran all day and then slowed down and stopped in the evening. I heated up some water in a cup and set it on the cell and it started back up. This action of freeing up the water in the crystal with heat facinates me. I guess you and John are going to use solar heat to do it and that is a really cool idea. I just wonder if there is ideal temperature to shoot for. The hot coffee mug worked pretty good.

On the new Hydrate Crystal cell I decided to seal it up tonight with tape like you and John did yours. I hope that I got the build right and that it will continue putting out the great power.

@ Plengo
          I think that the direction back towards using water and not totally dry cells is the best idea. JB is right---if you want the power you need the water. The trick is preserving the electrodes like he says.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Still looking for material alternatives?

As we all know, there are many ways to create energy and converting that energy into productive work, Solar, wind, hydro, chemical, and even garbage to name a few. This operative here is to find a source that can compete economically with what is already available. I have gone a different direction and experimenting with and studying MFC technology.

I came across this material and am considering using it in some of my experiments and thought some of you might be interested in it. Especially since it has a greater voltage potential and if you are moving towards different wavelengths and temperature as a source for initiating and maintaining power output in your cells, this material is permeable. “ARGENMESH™” I am not endorsing this seller and there are possibly other sources for a material very similar to this.

Here is a link:

http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html

Brad S
            Last edited by b_rads; 02-01-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• My cells running inside sealed plastic bottles with a few mls of water inside are running great. Definitely the water in those bottles keeps those cells running very strong for much a longer time. So water is indeed keeping them running.

I also opened one of those cells and there is a very little amount of corrosion going on but very little.

Some cells are contained and never added water again are some are going pretty well. Very well to be honest.

I am concluding that there are two ways to utilize the water: molecule contained (Bedini style with hydrates - 5H20) and external (Fausto's way ).

I really like the molecule way. Carbon seems to increase the conductivity inside the cell and therefore reduce impedance and improve current output. Silica seams to be helping in containing the level of delivery of water to the Mg and therefore controlling its corrosion. Epson or Rochelle seams to be having the hydrates we want and Alum seams to be the crystal grower that provides the "tubes" or "pipes" that guides the water to the correct location.

I am trying to improve in the crystal growth and silica level now.

Fausto.

Comment

• RU Sodium Silicate + Sand = Rock

An interesting way to make a rock. Now, what if you where to add things to the sand, or replace it entirely?

Railway Bob's Railway Restorations: Sand Cores Using Sodium Silicate and Carbon Dioxide (CO2)

Metal Casting at Home Part 11. Sodium Silicate & CO2 Core Making. - YouTube

rw
                My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Big Heptahydrate hydrate cell.

In this video I'm showing the biggest of the hydrate cells. These Cells are combined Hydrates and mixed with Iron Pirate and Magnesium grains. As the video shows that the Hydrate material can pull the moisture right out of the air. The cell in this video is capable of over 200Ma under dead short circuit current. During the pressing process the cell releases the water from within the crystals and the cell shorts itself out. All Crystal Cells contain water locked up within the crystals. The crystal cell uses this locked up water for Ion movement between the electrodes.The Hydrate allows the cell to gather the water from the air and this then rejuvenates the cell. The cells were built by Chuck Hupp and John Bedini, the pressure
                  process was an idea of Ibpointlass2 on the Energetic Forum, under Bedini Earth Lights.
                  John Bedini
                  Big Heptahydrate Hydrate Cells Chuck And John.wmv - YouTube

@ lidmotor,
                  Lidmotor you should only have to hydrate the cell one time if you have mixed the hydrate #5 in. I did not notice this as part of your mix in your test cell.
                  The answer is in what Ibpointless2 has figured out as cooking the mixture may not be necessary as the two crystals are different things. if the group can just compress them as I did in this video and see the water pressed out you know that it is locked inside the crystals. The mixture has stayed the same as I gave some pages back. It is much easier to make the cell this way as it does not require any heating of the copper, and it looks like it builds it's own semiconductor surface on the copper as it goes black and does not stop working.
                  JB
                  Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-01-2012, 10:19 PM. Reason: correction
                  John Bedini
                  www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                    In this video I'm showing the biggest of the hydrate cells. These Cells are combined Hydrates and mixed with Iron Pirate and Magnesium grains. As the video shows that the Hydrate material can pull the moisture right out of the air. The cell in this video is capable of over 200Ma under dead short circuit current. During the pressing process the cell releases the water from within the crystals and the cell shorts itself out. All Crystal Cells contain water locked up within the crystals. The crystal cell uses this locked up water for Ion movement between the electrodes.The Hydrate allows the cell to gather the water from the air and this then rejuvenates the cell. The cells were built by Chuck Hupp and John Bedini, the pressure
                    process was an idea of Ibpointlass2 on the Energetic Forum, under Bedini Earth Lights.
                    John Bedini
                    Big Heptahydrate Hydrate Cells Chuck And John.wmv - YouTube

@ lidmotor,
                    Lidmotor you should only have to hydrate the cell one time if you have mixed the hydrate #5 in. I did not notice this as part of your mix in your test cell.
                    The answer is in what Ibpointless2 has figured out as cooking the mixture may not be necessary as the two crystals are different things. if the group can just compress them as I did in this video and see the water pressed out you know that it is locked inside the crystals. The mixture has stayed the same as I gave some pages back. It is much easier to make the cell this way as it does not require any heating of the copper, and it looks like it builds it's own semiconductor surface on the copper as it goes black and does not stop working.
                    JB

@all
                    Like it shows in John's video when you compress the cell it releases water, this is very important. A hydrate cell needs water for amps but if you have to much water you can kill the cell. Compressing the cell forces any un-needed water out. The water that remains is the "water crystal" or the water locked up inside the crystal, its that water that you need. All the extra water is not needed and only gets in the way of power production. Compressing a cell is a great way to fine tune the cell for best power and long life. Also only use distilled water and not tap water, tap water may contain organisms that might try to eat the crystal mixture.

Great video John and Chuck
                    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• allow me a new surprise concerning the water.

Try with H202 and you will have a nice surprise!!!

Water not only but the oxygen will eat up the free ions that corrode the metals.

Fausto.

Comment

• Hydrate Cell mixture

@John B.
                        My test cell was made with Epsom salt, homemade Rochelle salt, and radiator sealer (the only sodium silicate I had). That mixture was doped with Iron Pyrite and magnesium filings then cooked. The second "real" cell that is in the box was made with Epsom salt, store bought Rochelle salt, and store bought dry sodium silicate. That cell is still at about 1.25 volts and shows 25mA with the meter. The box is sealed up with tape and it is just a case now of waiting to see how long it lasts.

I am sooooo glad that you guys figured out a way to use this mixture without cooking it. That is a major pain.

@ IB
                        I am going to try the pressure cell next but just on a small scale. I don't have a hydraulic press. A small copper tube, Mg ribbon, and pair of vise grips might be as far as I get with this design.

@John, Chuck, and All
                        I have been wondering alot about the copper and magnesium electrodes of the cell. If it turns out that there is indeed a protective coating formed on the metals --then why do we need "thick" pieces. Thinner pieces should work and if THAT works then building a pile to get higher voltage would be easy.

Lidmotor
                        Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-02-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

@John B.
                          My test cell was made with Epsom salt, homemade Rochelle salt, and radiator sealer (the only sodium silicate I had). That mixture was doped with Iron Pyrite and magnesium filings then cooked. The second "real" cell that is in the box was made with Epsom salt, store bought Rochelle salt, and store bought dry sodium silicate. That cell is still at about 1.25 volts and shows 25mA with the meter. The box is sealed up with tape and it is just a case now of waiting to see how long it lasts.

I am sooooo glad that you guys figured out a way to use this mixture without cooking it. That is a major pain.

@ IB
                          I am going to try the pressure cell next but just on a small scale. I don't have a hydraulic press. A small copper tube, Mg ribbon, and pair of vise grips might be as far as I get with this design.

@John, Chuck, and All
                          I have been wondering alot about the copper and magnesium electrodes of the cell. If it turns out that there is indeed a protective coating formed on the metals --then why do we need "thick" pieces. Thinner pieces should work and if THAT works then building a pile to get higher voltage would be easy.

Lidmotor
                          ? to the point (answer: no need to ticker.)

Lid, listen, build the same cell you have now. Beautiful work. Add some "tiny" amount of resistance resolution (carbon, iron pyrite, calcium melted, oxyide melted, Ion, lead and so son). Cook it or not, just put it there with 5 to 10 layers or papers (just like you did but more) and you will have a good 10ma no doubt guaranteed cell.

Fausto.

ps: little drunk now!!! L)
                          Last edited by plengo; 02-02-2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
                            allow me a new surprise concerning the water.

Try with H202 and you will have a nice surprise!!!

Water not only but the oxygen will eat up the free ions that corrode the metals.

Fausto.
                            H2O2 is not good to use it contains twice as much oxygen than water which means it will corrode twice as fast. If you can find a liquid that contains no oxygen and is still conductive than that would be great.
                            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

@ IB

@John, Chuck, and All

Lidmotor
                              Glad to hear you're going to make the pressure cell. I've only used copper tubing and a c-clamp to crush my cell. When you crush it you'll get nothing but voltage and it goes up and down depending on the weather and temperature, but if you add a little water to the cell will give you'll get more amps.

I too worry about the metals. The protective layer that the metals make is the their oxide layer, all metals do this but some do it better than others. The oxide layer of steel is the red rust, but the reason why the metal corrodes is because the rust is porous so it lets more water and air in. This is where the problem is, the oxide layer can protect the metal but if the oxide layer is porous than the metals will still corrode. Now we have two options, either change the mix or change the metals. If you can a liquid that acts like water but contains no oxygen than that would be the perfect liquid. Or you use electrodes that don't react with oxygen or only slightly react with oxygen than that would be golden. I'm working on a new Idea that will either stop the corrosion of the electrodes or prolong the corrosion to at least hundreds years before corrosion is noticed. If i can build a crystal cell that out lives me than I would consider that a success. this idea is proving to be a hard concept to do but I get closer to this goal everyday.

The fact i live with is that nothing last forever, but somethings last longer than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
                                I am starting to be really happy with the group finding out the water in limited and structured and special delivery process is key to this thing.

I thought for a moment that we would be pursuing only dry, 100% water free cells and not get anywhere. That is not to say we can not, it is just my opinion that water is essential (just like anything in organic life) and it is a mater of how to delivery and how much.

I think also to have 100% water free cells we will have to find an example in nature first and than look how it does it. Rocks in my opinion are far free from water.

Fausto.
                                I agree with you and feel that water locked up is key part to these cells. Once the water is gone the current is gone. they are like a plant to much water they may drown and to little water they die. Have to find the middle line of equilibrium where just enough is released for current and can maintain for some period of time with saving negative electrode like bedini mentioned should be the focus.

Hopefully others here can replicate the new hydrate cell from jb and even try to make plengo cell because both seem to have sustained current.

The question is for how long. Thanks to all for sharing their findings

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X