No announcement yet.

Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hausmannite is the natural dark metallic crystalline form.
    Looks like an interesting crystal oxide. Also used in lithium batteries.
    Hausmannite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• I find that even by attaching (just touching) a copper wire to a carbon electrode will create oxidation in the copper wire. Even without drilling or using screws to attach the Cu wire to the carbon electrode. Maybe a liquid solder would work better to avoid the corrosion. Or possibly the end of the copper wire can be treated to form the black protective layer, also. This is important because it looks like carbon is the best and strongest positive pole material, which although it does not corrode, it can be contaminated by the venting of the hydrogen gas combining with air (oxygen) to form water, which corrodes the copper wire at the connection point to the carbon. So, any connections should be done outside of the cell, and sealed airtight.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
        I find that even by attaching (just touching) a copper wire to a carbon electrode will create oxidation in the copper wire. Even without drilling or using screws to attach the Cu wire to the carbon electrode. Maybe a liquid solder would work better to avoid the corrosion. Or possibly the end of the copper wire can be treated to form the black protective layer, also. This is important because it looks like carbon is the best and strongest positive pole material, which although it does not corrode, it can be contaminated by the venting of the hydrogen gas combining with air (oxygen) to form water, which corrodes the copper wire at the connection point to the carbon. So, any connections should be done outside of the cell, and sealed airtight.
        Nick,
        I have found that if you use High grade Stainless Steel screw to attach to Carbon, you will do ok. Graphite is a dream to drill and tap. With SS the resistance is higher, but if you use a large enough screw surface area it is nominal issue. I suppose you could always try press fitting Silver/Gold/Palladium alloy wire into a carbon electrode as well.
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim
        Last edited by jehdds; 02-12-2012, 06:37 PM. Reason: Incomplete alloy for wire

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
          @ Plengo:
          Looks like you have gotten real good results using the pulverized aquarium carbon, with silicate, and Alum. on the copper caps with 1/2 inch Mg plugs.
          But I think that the layer treatment of the metals is still absolutely necessary to control the oxidation.
          Thank you for sharing your work.
          So far I have some interesting results. With the carbon cell I have more voltage and current for sure. I did a cell that is very wet and although it provides lots of currents it totally corrodes the Mg.

A dry cell, or dry after the first wet (or activation) is the best. I corrodes about 1/2 mm on the surface of the Mg and than it stops while continue providing a good 4ma or more of current continuously at a good voltage too.

Adding very tiny amounts of water carefully on the carbon or mix and avoiding the Mg surface works very, very well.

Too much water totally destroys the carbon/mix crystalline structure killing the cell permanently, very interesting finding. Silica seams to be, in very small quantities, important to give some structure strength to the mix.

Another important finding is that on the first wetting of the cell (activation) some ammonia is formed which is NOT good for the cell and causes corrosion of everything. Once that first ammonia gas is evaporated the cell starts working the best. So some form of initial ventilation seems important here, at least in my cells.

Fausto.

Comment

• Guys,
            Layering may be of benefit. More testing needed. Thought you might find this interesting.
            PGS Graphite and Mg PGS Graphite - YouTube
            Very Best Regards,
            Jim

Comment

• Bioplastic Carbon Cell

Originally posted by plengo View Post
              So far I have some interesting results. With the carbon cell I have more voltage and current for sure. I did a cell that is very wet and although it provides lots of currents it totally corrodes the Mg.

A dry cell, or dry after the first wet (or activation) is the best. I corrodes about 1/2 mm on the surface of the Mg and than it stops while continue providing a good 4ma or more of current continuously at a good voltage too.

Adding very tiny amounts of water carefully on the carbon or mix and avoiding the Mg surface works very, very well.

Too much water totally destroys the carbon/mix crystalline structure killing the cell permanently, very interesting finding. Silica seams to be, in very small quantities, important to give some structure strength to the mix.

Another important finding is that on the first wetting of the cell (activation) some ammonia is formed which is NOT good for the cell and causes corrosion of everything. Once that first ammonia gas is evaporated the cell starts working the best. So some form of initial ventilation seems important here, at least in my cells.

Fausto.
              Fausto
              Your carbon mix with the bioplastic shown in my last video is surpassing all my expectations. Time to replace the Mg ribbon with Mg rod. I will post an update video in a few days showing the results of this experiment. Thank you Sir.
              Brad S

Comment

• carbon mix

I also had great results with the carbon-alum-sod. silicate mix, will be doing some tests with variations on this mix,... i grinded the mix very very fine untill it tuned to dust and it seems to work better, i have to agree with plengo here, quartz is a good addition... the first cell i made has been running for 17 days now and have only had to water it 3 times, it lasts abut 5 days with no water. that one has epsom-rochelle salts at equal ratio and a small amount of quartz grinded really fine. nice work, im very exited, just joined the forum a week ago and very happy to see all this great group work, every thread is a step closer, thank you all.

the picture with the 12 LEDs is the carbon mix by plengo, grinded to dust, and the one LED is my first mix rocchelle-epsom-quartz... cheers
                Attached Files

Comment

• Iiron Pyrite fused to copper electrode

In this video I'm showing a way to make a fused electrode. I'm fusing Iron pyrite to the copper electrode this forms an oxide of Iron combined with copper oxide forming a high stressed crystal as one of the electrodes, thanks for watching even if I ended the movie short
                  Iiron Pyrite fused to copper electrode.wmv - YouTube
                  John B
                  John Bedini
                  www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• does anyone know a source where i can buy pure fine quartz dust?...

Comment

• I just been useing quartz crystal points and grind them to dust or sand like consistency. Smoky quartz has also worked very well for me.
                      Tourmaline sounds interesting, maybe someone can give that a try sometime.
                      My best carbon/quartz cells also go up in voltage when connected to a load. A single cell lighting a red led, is something to see...
                      I use no water, no heat, no salts, totally dry hermetically sealed cells. But without the protective layer treatment the voltages will go down in time, even in dry carbon cells. I use no additional electrolyte, as it has not been needed.

NickZ
                      Last edited by NickZ; 04-29-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Hydrate Crystal Cell --update

@ John, Chuck & All

I have been testing the Hydrate Crystal Cells that I made and they are working like I had hoped. Here is a short video showing them doing work.

Bedini Hydrate Crystal cell ----working with solar cell. - YouTube

Lidmotor

Comment

• By any chance did Nathan stubblefield figure out a crystal battery using iron wire and copper wire and a crystal electrolyte? The surface area of that much dissimilar metal in a very large coil would be tremendous. The wires were wrapped in cloth that could easily soak up the hydrates and dry to a crystal. Put in the ground and let the earth flow through the now tapped crystals might be interesting.

Comment

• I got a cell working with Petroleum jelly, salt substitute, and Epsom salt. The great thing about petroleum jelly is that it is corrosion resistant, and also repels water. I figure it could help to protect the cells electrodes. Jelly Crystal Cell - YouTube

Petroleum jelly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            " petroleum jelly is a non-polar hydrocarbon hydrophobic (water-repelling) and insoluble in water,"
                            "It can be used to coat corrosion-prone items such as metallic trinkets, non-stainless steel blades, and gun barrels prior to storage as it serves as an excellent and inexpensive water repellent. "

I'm figuring that since petroleum jelly is water repelling it could be used somehow combined with the crystals to form water repelling channels that help protect the metal. So if one wants to add water they won't have to worry since the petroleum jelly will keep the water focused on the salts and not on the metals and thus no corrosion,.I could place these cells in cylinders and apply pressure and water according to get more amps. When the cell was heated i was getting over 4mA, so i figure i could get that when i add drops of water to the cell but I don't need to worry about the metals as they're protected by the jelly.
                            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by redrichie View Post
                              By any chance did Nathan stubblefield figure out a crystal battery using iron wire and copper wire and a crystal electrolyte? The surface area of that much dissimilar metal in a very large coil would be tremendous. The wires were wrapped in cloth that could easily soak up the hydrates and dry to a crystal. Put in the ground and let the earth flow through the now tapped crystals might be interesting.
                              There are always these mysteries with certain people like tesla, Stubblefield, leedskin with what exactly they discovered? The concept of a design with a mix of a Stubblefield and crystal cell that would sit in ground would be interesting. Nature would naturally hydrate it in the soil and you would make make some kind of shell like a rock to protect it but allows moisture to penetrate

Comment

• Stubblefield and Leedskalnin

Originally posted by redrichie View Post
                                By any chance did Nathan stubblefield figure out a crystal battery using iron wire and copper wire and a crystal electrolyte? The surface area of that much dissimilar metal in a very large coil would be tremendous. The wires were wrapped in cloth that could easily soak up the hydrates and dry to a crystal. Put in the ground and let the earth flow through the now tapped crystals might be interesting.
                                @ Redrichie & Phinine

It is odd that you would mention this because I have been doing experiments with sea coral and carbon and think that perhaps Ed Leedskalnin may have discovered a crystal cell by accident. Stubblefield may have also made one with his burried coil and not known what he was doing.

@IB

I use petroleum jelly on my boat on all the electrical connections to keep the corrosion off. This looks like another cell that I should try.

Lidmotor

Comment

Working...
                                X