Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
    @IB
    I tried your petroleum jelly idea and it didn't really work very well. I was kinda surprised because I have had such good luck using it on my boat to keep the electrical connections from corroding yet still make good contacts. John B. mentioned to me that in these cells we are looking for something else to happen and it is a different situation. Still it was a good stab at trying something new here and that is what this thread is all about.

@ All
    We don't talk complex theory and math much ---but we sure do build alot of things. Jeanna once wrote when someone asked her about a coil wind, "...just wind with wild abandon." I often think about that phrase. It was her way of saying ---just go for it. That is what we do here.

Lidmotor
    yea it doesn't work that great, it forms bubbles of hydrogen in the small cracks of the jelly which stop flow of power. It works great for battery connections and other electrical connections for boats.

Have you tired playing with vinegar yet? Magnesium will corrode like crazy in the stuff, the petroleum jelly will keep the corrosion down on the magnesium. Aluminum holds up better in vinegar better than magnesium. Whats odd is the low current you get from vinegar, its a acid and i expected a lot of current but didn't get that much.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Jelly belly and vinegar head

Lidmotor,
      For years on Hot Rods we looked for a solution for the corrosion in the battery boxes under the passenger seats, as it was a real pain to keep taking the seat out to scrape the battery cables. Now we have gel cells but they do not fit in that box. The answer was the removal of the normal battery acid and replace with the Alum mix, that battery in that truck has more power then it ever had at 14 years old. That motor pulls that battery down to 10 volts when you try to start it. Jelly and Grease do nothing. I change every battery that I use to that when they give me trouble. Not only that but it charges much faster and the 100 amp alternator works much easier. The grease may work for awhile but in the end it does not stop anything and breaks electrical connection. @Ibpointless2 You know you can rub mercury over the magnesium or on zinc and get better results, it would more scientific here instead of vinegar and jelly experiments, but go ahead and keep wasting time on this, and that is just my opinion.
      John B
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• @John Bedini

I'm sorry my funding is limited to Petroleum jelly and Vinegar, but nothing ventured is nothing gained.

@all

Please no one play with mercury, its very dangerous.
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
          @John Bedini

@all

nah, i used to play with it when I was 8 year old. We used to hold this in our hands and be amazed how liquid and flexible and shinning it was.

Off course, do not inhaled or eat it otherwise you will get intoxicated big time.

But it is not that dangers as marketing says. No more dangers than sulfuric acid in your bare hands.

Chemistry is dangers in general but when one knows how to manipulate it and knows what it he/she is doing, it is no different than working with a High Voltage Tesla Coil system.

Fausto.

Comment

@John Bedini

I'm sorry my funding is limited to Petroleum jelly and Vinegar, but nothing ventured is nothing gained.

@all

Yet, ironically due to the "wisdom" of some it is still considered an ok constituent for fillings go figure
            Jim
            (note: I do not use this material)

Comment

• Plengo please don't say sulphuric acid touching human skin is not a bad thing, its a very bad thing.

A Google search of "sulphuric acid on skin" will show that sulphuric acid is bad. The pictures can be very upsetting so view them at your own risk.

Please everyone be safe!

Comment

• You seem to do what you want

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                @John Bedini

@all

@Ibpointless2,
                Yes I understand that, but with the will you have it should not be a problem. You seem to do what you want. It has nothing to do with funding as anybody can change their situation in life. This is like your trying to run a rocket ship to mars on baking soda and vinegar.

If the jelly was important in making primary cells in the 18th century they would have discovered it and you would know all about it, but they did not. Go to Google books and look up batteries and you will know what is known.

You said you were going to look into Gallium. I can save you some time a NiCad does better as far as the discharge curve goes. Look at Google patents. I had nothing money wise but that did not stop me from crawling all over the desert looking for rocks to test. It did not stop me from wanting to know anything about the science field. Wanting to do something is a state of mind, it's getting up every morning and pushing forward. Hate me if you want but life is what you make of it. What a blessing today we have with this computer for research., make use of it. Use it.....
                John B
                John Bedini
                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• One coil LED oscillator with solar cell

@John, Chuck, & All

I worked with that LED circuit that I found online and boxed it up with a solar cell on top. It is a little different but it worked good on the Hydrate cell.

One coil LED oscillator - YouTube

Lidmotor

Comment

Plengo please don't say sulphuric acid touching human skin is not a bad thing, its a very bad thing.

A Google search of "sulphuric acid on skin" will show that sulphuric acid is bad. The pictures can be very upsetting so view them at your own risk.

Please everyone be safe!
                    IB,

I had my lab when I was younger and I did many experiments including using all sort of acids. I did not say H2SO4 is not dangers - read it back again ("No more dangers than sulfuric acid in your bare hands.")

I said that Mercury is no more dangers than "burning your hand with sulfuric acid" which is bad off course, it is burning ones hand, but no MORE DANGERS than that.

In other words, on the context I said (just read it back), it is safe to manipulate it if you know what you are doing, that's all. If you are stupid enough to put H2SO4 in your hands (which shows one does not know what he/she is doing) too bad, it is very dangers.

@Tim,
                    you are right. I removed ALL my fillings that had Mercury. Imagine having that in your mouth and inhaling that everyday for decades??!!!!! Insane.

Fausto.

btw: once I was working with Nitric acid and the things spilled in my left hand. I was in my lab and knew that If I would pour water in my hand it would get really nasty, so I pour sugar right away and guess what happened? it removed 1mm of a full hand skin like a human glove. I was amazed at the speed the acid did its things. I was lucky enough to know what I was doing and not pour water on the hand and off course finish loosing my hand with third degree burn.

What a good times!!!
                    Last edited by plengo; 02-23-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                      @Ibpointless2,
                      I had nothing money wise but that did not stop me from crawling all over the desert looking for rocks to test. It did not stop me from wanting to know anything about the science field. Wanting to do something is a state of mind, it's getting up every morning and pushing forward. Hate me if you want but life is what you make of it. What a blessing today we have with this computer for research., make use of it. Use it.....
                      John B
                      Bravo, wise man... thanks.

id like to know if anyone can tell me how to get the hydrate #5 in a place other than alfa aesar please

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
                        IB,

I had my lab when I was younger and I did many experiments including using all sort of acids. I did not say H2SO4 is not dangers - read it back again ("No more dangers than sulfuric acid in your bare hands.")

I said that Mercury is no more dangers than "burning your hand with sulfuric acid" which is bad off course, it is burning ones hand, but no MORE DANGERS than that.

In other words, on the context I said (just read it back), it is safe to manipulate it if you know what you are doing, that's all. If you are stupid enough to put H2SO4 in your hands (which shows one does not know what he/she is doing) too bad, it is very dangers.

@Tim,
                        you are right. I removed ALL my fillings that had Mercury. Imagine having that in your mouth and inhaling that everyday for decades??!!!!! Insane.

Fausto.

btw: once I was working with Nitric acid and the things spilled in my left hand. I was in my lab and knew that If I would pour water in my hand it would get really nasty, so I pour sugar right away and guess what happened? it removed 1mm of a full hand skin like a human glove. I was amazed at the speed the acid did its things. I was lucky enough to know what I was doing and not pour water on the hand and off course finish loosing my hand with third degree burn.

What a good times!!!
                        Oh gotcha, sorry I misunderstood.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                          @Ibpointless2,
                          Yes I understand that, but with the will you have it should not be a problem. You seem to do what you want. It has nothing to do with funding as anybody can change their situation in life. This is like your trying to run a rocket ship to mars on baking soda and vinegar.

If the jelly was important in making primary cells in the 18th century they would have discovered it and you would know all about it, but they did not. Go to Google books and look up batteries and you will know what is known.

You said you were going to look into Gallium. I can save you some time a NiCad does better as far as the discharge curve goes. Look at Google patents. I had nothing money wise but that did not stop me from crawling all over the desert looking for rocks to test. It did not stop me from wanting to know anything about the science field. Wanting to do something is a state of mind, it's getting up every morning and pushing forward. Hate me if you want but life is what you make of it. What a blessing today we have with this computer for research., make use of it. Use it.....
                          John B

John I don't hate you, i just voice my opinion which may seem obnoxious at times. Reading text on a computer screen can seem like someone is angry at you but in reality they're not angry at all. I guess this is why we have emoticons If I remember correctly someone said to me that talking is only 10% while body language is 90% of how we communicate?

I do study what the books and Google says but I find that actually doing the experiments, no matter how simple and foolish they may seem, is the best way to get the information.

An author can only say so many words, but an experimenter can say much more.

Comment

• Guys,
                            All this talk of Mercury, H2SO4, lab injuries etc. made me think of Organic Chemistry class a Long time ago.
                            So, as a means to again show those out there who think what is occurring is only due to galvanic action, please check out my latest experiment. I did this to see if one could remove all lattice water with desiccant and combination of drying agents. I found that we may not need water specifically. Maybe the lattice need some POLAR fluid only. Will crystalline lattice hold more than water, yes it appears it can. Now, will galvanic action still take place if ALL water is removed? perhaps?, but will it be much slower.......John, thoughts?
                            I am NOT advocating wet cells as a substitution for what I am seeking, namely a cell that need not be hydrated akin to the MR cell. Getting closer to be sure. Anyway, all thoughts welcome. Also, please let me know if anyone else has made the dual toroid modification to the oscillator that I show on the site based on Lasersaber's design and parts. It really is spectacular sensitive and with even a tiny blip off a cell it continues to run for like 30 seconds without being attached to power.
                            Very Best Regards,
                            Jim
                            Ionic Conduction via (CH3)2CO - YouTube

Comment

• Solid State Crystal Cells

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                              In this video I'm showing the newer type of mix which now I have turned into a polycrystalline solid state mixture under pulse currents it recharges itself for the next pulse. The Led must have a resistor on it to use steady state.
                              John Bedini
                              YOUTUBE
                              Solid State Polycrystalline Cells / John Bedini - YouTube
                              @JohnBedini

Hey John, I watched this vid on your channel awhile back, and to this day I am still very curious with this type of cell. I couldn't find anywhere the chemical formula for this mix, (unless I missed it), and I'm dying to replicate and experiment with it with my partners! The pulses seem to be radiant! I also need to order materials for the research sooner rather than later. So if you share the chemical formula, that would be awesome!
                              - Kyle Herbig

Comment

John I don't hate you, i just voice my opinion which may seem obnoxious at times. Reading text on a computer screen can seem like someone is angry at you but in reality they're not angry at all. I guess this is why we have emoticons If I remember correctly someone said to me that talking is only 10% while body language is 90% of how we communicate?

I do study what the books and Google says but I find that actually doing the experiments, no matter how simple and foolish they may seem, is the best way to get the information.

An author can only say so many words, but an experimenter can say much more.
                                hahahaha @Ibpointless
                                you're right. I recently found out that a woman will decide whether or not to listen to you, or reject you based entirely on your body language BEFORE any conversation starts. intersesting and important stuff dude.
                                - Kyle Herbig

Comment

Working...
                                X