Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ibpointless,

Great output power on last cell. Please, spill the beans.

Fausto.

Comment

• The right mix and the cells burns water

Hi everyone, I've made a couples of these cells with the right mix and oxides and it works great! The key is the manganese dioxide3(MN2O3) for the full h2o burning mode. It's been since 3 weeks and very little watering every 5-7 days is required for full operation mode. I opened one of the cells to see if there is a galvanic effect and I see nothing. The black copper oxide layer is 100% there and the magnesium is slowly turning black because of the manganese oxide protective layer. Its putting out 3-7 ma on a constant load (5mm white bright led) and 15-20 ma on a 10 ohms resistor load.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrystalDipoleMatrix View Post
        Hi everyone, I've made a couples of these cells with the right mix and oxides and it works great! The key is the manganese dioxide3(MN2O3) for the full h2o burning mode. It's been since 3 weeks and very little watering every 5-7 days is required for full operation mode. I opened one of the cells to see if there is a galvanic effect and I see nothing. The black copper oxide layer is 100% there and the magnesium is slowly turning black because of the manganese oxide protective layer. Its putting out 3-7 ma on a constant load (5mm white bright led) and 15-20 ma on a 10 ohms resistor load.
        thanks for this, i had my eye on the Mn, where do you get the Mn203, does it have to be this kind precisely? cheers

Comment

• How to get MN2O3

It's pretty easy to get. Take an old alkaline battery, remove all the black. This is the manganese DIOXIDE. Put it in a coffee filter and put it in vinegar to remove all the KOH (POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE). Rince in water and repeat the process until no ''oily feelings'' on your fingers. Please make sure all the manganese dioxide is GRINDED TO FINE POWDER. Bake it to the oven to 300-350 to oxidize further to manganese oxide III, MN2O3. Heating MNO2 produce the oxide MN2O3. Hope it helps.

Jean-Sébastien

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
            Hey Ibpointless,

Great output power on last cell. Please, spill the beans.

Fausto.

Get a cup

fill cup with Morton's Salt Substitute and Epsom Salt. About two spoon full of both.

add this on top of the salts http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...d2739e_300.jpg

Mix all three things together.

Add enough water to make it the texture of mashed potatoes.

Add a little more of salt substitute and Epsom salt to it and mix it all together.

Insert copper and magnesium electrodes.

With you finger smash down the mix to make a flat compressed area, don't smash too hard. You want a nice flat smashed surface on top.

allow to dry over night.

The next day record amps and voltage.

leave on amp setting and see if amps go up.

hook a resistor to it and see if the voltage across the resistor goes up.

Leave resistor hooked up over night, remove resistor and allow to rest for 5 minutes and see if voltage and amps went up.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Thank you IB. That is a nice lunch!

Fausto.

Comment

• thanks crystaldipole, ill try that next

Comment

• Friday night fun

This video is by link only
                  large power cell - YouTube

I am testing two cells separately

Trying figure out which way to connect the cells for best result totally

The amp scale is on 10 Amp

Comment

• The first cell 1.61 volts .24 Amps

Copper pipe with mag ribbon, paper between and alum water

Second cell 1.50 volts .44 Amps

1.5" rod inside copper pipe, paper and alum water

I guess size does matter

These amps where WAY up from when it tested, the only thing I can think of why it goes down is the oxidation of the Mag from the alum

The first cell was .26 and the second was .52

I am going to try and coat the mag to prevent oxidation

1. Electrical grease- I use it when I connect copper and Aluminum wires together to prevent corrosion on the connection point

2. Sodium Silicate- I see where you guys use silicate to coat, does that help prevent oxidation?

Your thoughts?

Comment

• Here is one idea, I was thinking about trying on these cells

Descrete Multistage Light Sequencer
                      LED Sequencers, Flashers, Clocks, Faders

?

Comment

• No Corrosion after several months on crystal cell - YouTube
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• ibpointless2

Thanks for showing about the corrosion with dry cell

I am trying a different approach with some of these cells
                          I figure if you can't beat corrosion, then join them

I am using the oxide side of mag that turns Pos and the clean side of the mag for neg in the video below
                          Smallest home made battery I have ever seen or made - YouTube

This is kinda like a solid state concentration cell

These cells produce power even when dry, more when wet

entropy is the word of the day

Comment

• This is all In my humble opinion

As I see it, decay always wins, nature is always trying bring everything thing down to the lowest common substance

The slower the decay less power

More decay More power, (more water to activate decay= more decay)

This unusable energy is given by the entropy of a system multiplied by the temperature of the system.

everything around us is making electricity, it is the product of decay, we capture this power by tapping between the decay

Unless I am all wet in my opinion or dry Ha!

And regarding your salt substitute, I think it is the potassium that gives the cell the kick, see the Standard electrode potential (data page)

Good luck to all

Comment

• Allwest:
                              Thank you for showing us your cell. In your video you are reading the voltage and current with the wrong polarity, and is why you are getting the - sign to the left of your readings. The red (positive) goes on the copper, and black - on the magnesium. You probably figured that out by now...
                              In any case, it looks like you have a strong cell, and that can even give a strong negative reading, also.

Ib2: I just made several different cells using ceramic grout, table salt, activated carbon, and sand as the electrolyte, in more or less the same quantities.
                              Well, the cells output readings do go up in the small coke bottle cap cell, using copper/Al wires, when connected to a load like the meter. But, also do drop once connected to an led. There is some advantage in that the grout holds the mix together, and can get to be somewhat drier, even like a rock. But, once the grout totally dries out, the cell starts will lose power, similar to the cement cells.
                              I got 1 volt, and 1 mA from the coke bottle cap cell, and about the same voltage, but with higher mA (3 to 6 mA) readings when using different materials with more mass like brass/aluminum plate, or even two different coins, with the grout mix in between, but still using the same electrolyte (carbon,sand, table salt, and grout). The electrolyte with grout can take any form, and can be wet down as needed, as using sand and salts allows the water to seep in through the grout.

I can't get Epsom here, I've looked for it, or the salt substitute. So, Sea Salt, or table salt is all I have to work with, so far. I'm sure results would be better by using them instead.
                              Last edited by NickZ; 03-25-2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• I made another video where i remove more of the electrical tape and reveal that the magnesium is not deteriorating.

Dissecting A crystal cell - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X