Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
    Allwest:
    Thank you for showing us your cell. In your video you are reading the voltage and current with the wrong polarity, and is why you are getting the - sign to the left of your readings. The red (positive) goes on the copper, and black - on the magnesium. You probably figured that out by now...
    In any case, it looks like you have a strong cell, and that can even give a strong negative reading, also.

Ib2: I just made several different cells using ceramic grout, table salt, activated carbon, and sand as the electrolyte, in more or less the same quantities.
    Well, the cells output readings do go up in the small coke bottle cap cell, using copper/Al wires, when connected to a load like the meter. But, also do drop once connected to an led. There is some advantage in that the grout holds the mix together, and can get to be somewhat drier, even like a rock. But, once the grout totally dries out, the cell starts will lose power, similar to the cement cells.
    I got 1 volt, and 1 mA from the coke bottle cap cell, and about the same voltage, but with higher mA (3 to 6 mA) readings when using different materials with more mass like brass/aluminum plate, or even two different coins, with the grout mix in between, but still using the same electrolyte (carbon,sand, table salt, and grout). The electrolyte with grout can take any form, and can be wet down as needed, as using sand and salts allows the water to seep in through the grout.

I can't get Epsom here, I've looked for it, or the salt substitute. So, Sea Salt, or table salt is all I have to work with, so far. I'm sure results would be better by using them instead.
    Table salt is what hinders you, try to avoid it. You may have to resort to nature for your supplies.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Yes, I know. But my "hot dog on a stick cell" now months old is still giving 0.65 volt, 500 micro-amps. So, it just takes more cells to get to the same voltage as with your Epsom/sub mix, but the current is not that different. This is with no water added in over 6 months.
      NickZ
      Last edited by NickZ; 04-29-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• salo post-it cell

Hi guys/new to the forum

I have been researching for a while here and overunity and i figured it was about time i posted some results. Ive been thinking how electricity works and how it naturally occurs in nature and the human body and came up with the conclusion from the k.i.s.s method (keep it simple stupid) haha, and found great results.

Right now with just sodium silicate and other doping agents between two small post-its create great voltage results. Think dielectric materials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Mf...e_gdata_player

Comment

• another version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESBh...e_gdata_player

Copper plate/ magnesium ribbon

Comment

• Originally posted by vintasalo View Post
            Hi guys/new to the forum

I have been researching for a while here and overunity and i figured it was about time i posted some results. Ive been thinking how electricity works and how it naturally occurs in nature and the human body and came up with the conclusion from the k.i.s.s method (keep it simple stupid) haha, and found great results.

Right now with just sodium silicate and other doping agents between two small post-its create great voltage results. Think dielectric materials

Hi welcome!

How old is the cell you show in the video?
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
              Hi welcome!

How old is the cell you show in the video?
              Its a fresh cell only a day old. I thought this idea would widen the spectrum on the cell structure, like your "glue cell". Also i havent seen anyone use galena as a anode and mag ribbon as cathode, this combo seems to work best on hydrate cells. Also with the paper as a dielectric your minimizing the direct oxidation of the metals. Not to mention their storage capabilities since they are not permanently attached to the metals.

I have made many variables of this cell so i will keep this forum updated on their decay rate if there is any. I encourage thread readers to experiment with different dielectric materials, for example "Teflon"

Here is a simple dielectric material chart:
              (Found on yahoo answers)

The best dielectric is thin films of silicon oxynitride, with a dielectric strength of over 1,000 mV/m. Material* Dielectric strength (kV/inch) ==============================
              Vacuum ------------------- 20
              Air ---------------------- 20 to 75
              Porcelain ---------------- 40 to 200
              Paraffin Wax ------------- 200 to 300
              Transformer Oil ---------- 400
              Bakelite ----------------- 300 to 550
              Rubber ------------------- 450 to 700
              Shellac ------------------ 900
              Paper -------------------- 1250
              Teflon ------------------- 1500
              Glass -------------------- 2000 to 3000
              Mica --------------------- 5000R

Comment

Its a fresh cell only a day old. I thought this idea would widen the spectrum on the cell structure, like your "glue cell". Also i havent seen anyone use galena as a anode and mag ribbon as cathode, this combo seems to work best on hydrate cells. Also with the paper as a dielectric your minimizing the direct oxidation of the metals. Not to mention their storage capabilities since they are not permanently attached to the metals.

I have made many variables of this cell so i will keep this forum updated on their decay rate if there is any. I encourage thread readers to experiment with different dielectric materials, for example "Teflon"

(Found on yahoo answers)

The best dielectric is thin films of silicon oxynitride, with a dielectric strength of over 1,000 mV/m. Material* Dielectric strength (kV/inch) ==============================

I like the idea of the paper separator, where you store the electrolyte in a package between sticky notes. I've made cells that have notebook paper seperators between the two metals and they seem to be the best cells for longevity.

@all
                I'm working on a new design for my panel cells. These new cells are smaller and easier to deal with. I'm hoping to make a 100 cell panel were I charge up capacitors and the capacitor run the loads. I may not be no where near the power output of John bedini cells and many others but hopefully I can make steps towards that power output.

I've been doing a little reading on batteries and found that for a fact you don't need water for a cell to work. Lithium battery's don't use water because if the lithium comes in contact with water it explodes. I thought that was interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                  I like the idea of the paper separator, where you store the electrolyte in a package between sticky notes. I've made cells that have notebook paper seperators between the two metals and they seem to be the best cells for longevity.

@all
                  I'm working on a new design for my panel cells. These new cells are smaller and easier to deal with. I'm hoping to make a 100 cell panel were I charge up capacitors and the capacitor run the loads. I may not be no where near the power output of John bedini cells and many others but hopefully I can make steps towards that power output.

I've been doing a little reading on batteries and found that for a fact you don't need water for a cell to work. Lithium battery's don't use water because if the lithium comes in contact with water it explodes. I thought that was interesting.
                  @IB

I also noticed keeping your cells on a low voltage short increases your batteries capacity. This might have something to do with the phenomena of how they grow stronger after a quick short. In 20min time on a low power short its gone from 1.250 -> 1.310

@All

Research the electric car Tesla made. It had a hydrate cell that he would replace the ground in every 500 miles or so. Just added water and replaced negative plates on occasion. I did a hho project and got extreme output on different configurations of + and - plates. The best design ended up being a 7 plate stack with spacer seperation. 4 of the 7 were neutrals. Like this - n n + n n - . The spacing was percise and effected its efficiency Greatly.

All the free power/electricity/battery/ hhoprojects seem to replicate their processes of efficiency and output.

Comment

• Hi all I'm behind again - all the way back at 2848 Pg 72.
                    Anyway I wanted to share where I'm at.
                    Pic's below
                    1 1/2" Copper shell with cap on bottom
                    1 1/4" x .020 Mg sheet rolled into tube
                    1" carbon rod drilled out 3/4"
                    1/2" MG rod

I have thicker Mg sheet .060
                    I'll be working with that also soon

Need to treat both the Mg rod and tube
                    Thinking 2" copper vessel full of electrolyte salt mix.
                    and heat the copper to get the blk oxide (Kiln is too small)

Going to try to TIG weld contacts of some kind to the Mg's

Gotta drill and tap the carbon for a Stainless screw.
                    (How bout Gold electro plated Screw)
                    Wonder how difficult that would be?

WANT TO START WITH MY SALTS THIS WEEK

hope I'll get the time
                    FrznWtr
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by FrozenWaterLab; 03-28-2012, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Hi guys/new to the forum

Hi vintasalo

Nice video

Comment

• Originally posted by Allwest View Post
                        Hi Chuck,

Nice truck!

I have been reading posts, allot of info in between the lines

Taking awhile

Is there a place that just has facts

Copper and Zinc are the best when used with, and results?

Copper and Mag are the best when used with and results?

Kinda like a Standard Electrode Potentials in Aqueous Solution at 25°C list

Table of Standard Electrode Potentials

Maybe asking too much, but it does not hurt to ask (sometimes)
                        Hi Allwest
                        I was looking for the same thing awhile back asking why don't you submit some facts you have drawn etc.
                        Just not the way the group works. You will find you must go through all the posts w/videos and keep your own notes.
                        Welcome
                        Frznwtr

Comment

(Found on yahoo answers)

vintasalo,

I have tried dielectric grease, that I use on connections for house wiring, and car tuneups

Using it on these cells, works great, cuts down if not completely the decay on magnesium, with very little loss in power

I just tried Teflon, this also works, much easier to work with

I have been working on a new cell that started at 1.88 volts and over night went up to 3.16 volts, although the amps went from 60Ma to 15Ma

I have seen some of John Bedini videos where he hates the smell of some of these cell products Ha!

Okay John, this cell must be for you, The products in this cell smells GREAT

Good luck to all

Comment

• Originally posted by Allwest View Post
                            vintasalo,

I have tried dielectric grease, that I use on connections for house wiring, and car tuneups

Using it on these cells, works great, cuts down if not completely the decay on magnesium, with very little loss in power

I just tried Teflon, this also works, much easier to work with

I have been working on a new cell that started at 1.88 volts and over night went up to 3.16 volts, although the amps went from 60Ma to 15Ma

I have seen some of John Bedini videos where he hates the smell of some of these cell products Ha!

Okay John, this cell must be for you, The products in this cell smells GREAT

Good luck to all
                            Hi All

Teflon, teflon, teflon... oh wow have i been thinking about teflon..lol, but seriously they sell a grill spray thats teflon that you can then in turn bake on to your materials(anode, Cathode).. in theory this would permanently subdue oxidation to little to none.

I especially recommend this with water cells !!

I assume your speaking of your hydrate cell going up in voltage which is cool to see so high, yet your Amps so low... hmm, have you thought of electrical to increase your amps, toroids, oscillators, etc.. I know that when i made two different cells: 1 being just a regular cell with material inside it had ok amps. When i wound the wire to increase the hertz in the cell it then increased in amps.

I also have thought of electrodes suspended in dielectric grease, but for now its paper and teflon

Keep up the great work ALLWest and all others

Comment

• just thinking

@ John B
                              Is this what you are going for?
                              Heat.jpg
                              William Reed

Comment

• @ All:
                                I just wanted to show what three small pieces of activated carbon, on a 1/2" by 3" piece of aluminum, and some table salt can do. Poor mans electrolyte. Ha!
                                This is a Jt circuit is running on 0.45 volt, and 13mAs. I connected the oscillator to 6 leds, and it lit them all up, about 1/3 brightness. The camera flash is dropping the actual brightness of the led, but some amount of intensity can still be seen. Led is too bright to look at, it's a 10mm Radio Shack super bright led.
                                This oscillator is a regular Jt type circuit without a resistor, using a KN2222A transistor, with the led between the collector and the base. It can run down to 0.3 volts, 500 micro-amps, or less.
                                The single carbon/Al cell is working as if it were three cells in parallel. I think... as each time I added another little piece of carbon, the brightness went up on the led.
                                NickZ
                                Last edited by NickZ; 04-29-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X