Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
    Yes, heat increase power. My cells off course run on room temperature.

I am playing with one formula (94 in my notes) that is working extremely well. It is Activated Carbon, Sand and MnO2. The MnO2 will absorb the Hydrogen production and help reducing oxidation (I think). If H2 is not free to fly and build up it must be absorbed by the mix which is reused by the water molecules and therefore improve power.

This particular cell using that formula was almost dead (after running for over 6 months) and when I added very little water again, she is running full blast 5 10mm LEDs with no Oscillator giving easily 5 to 10ma (since the LEDs are full brigthness). This is very, very interesting.

The cell is rock solid inside, so letting it dry and only than add water again really worked plus the MnO2 that stops gas build up and also the cell of growing too much in size.

What I mean by growing in size is that the cells expand in size with time to the point one other cell of mine broke the copper pipe from within like reaping paper with your hands. An amazing pressure I must tell you to reap a copper pipe from within.

The Mg inside is intact with a cover of black and the mix is solid. Adding water produces 30ma or power, very impressive.

So I have many cells that together are building the story of how this thing behaves and what are the major factors.

Fausto.
    Plengo,

"The MnO2 will absorb the Hydrogen production and help reducing oxidation (I think)"

I also have been doing research on hydrogen absorption, it seems to clog the power of these cells, and there is a history of this being a problem in the early batteries

Along with the same thought, I decided to followup on adding the fuel cell idea to the cell as well

our cells create hydrogen and oxygen breakup, and we gain power, the fuel cell collects hydrogen and oxygen and put them back into water also gaining power

Thereby gaining two power sources and removing hydrogen that clogs the cell power

Some luck with this, but platinum is not cheap
    Chapter 3: Electrochemistry - build a hydrogen fuel cell

Best of luck

Comment

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post
      Potato Battery

Quote from the referenced site:
      “To demonstrate, the researchers created a series of batteries out of slices of boiled Desiree potatoes about the size of a standard mobile phone, though they say the type and size of potato slice do not determine its power.
      The device had the same basic components as conventional batteries, consisting of two electrodes separated by an electrolyte (the potato). Each battery powered a small light for 20 hours, after which a new slice could be inserted. (another article referenced of this suggested zinc and copper were used).
      Potato batteries are estimated to generate energy at a cost of approximately US$9 per kilowatt hour (kW/h), which compares favourably with the best performing 1.5 volt (AA) alkaline cells — or D cells — which generate energy at US$50/kWh.”

Also worth mentioning is this patent: US 2,718,539 – issued Sept 20, 1955
      “SOLID STATE BATTERY” very similar, but different also to the copper alum magnesium battery many of us replicated on this thread. About the only thing some of might have missed was the addition of lead peroxide as a depolarizer.
      I would call that a renewable energy source, that also saves us money I thought that was an (oxymoron)

Are we so arrogant, that we will not try and study things outside the box?

All hail the potato

Best of luck

Comment

• I am not sure if this has been posted here but I think it is highly relevant to the crystal battery.

Batteries Made From Water - YouTube

Fausto.

Comment

I am not sure if this has been posted here but I think it is highly relevant to the crystal battery.

Batteries Made From Water - YouTube

Fausto.
          I've posted a lecture by the same guy talking about the same thing in a past post. I remember he would place one electrode in the water and have one barely touching the water and get a voltage. I discovered the same thing when I was working on my same metal water battery. I found that i got the best voltages when one electrode was barley touching the top of the water. But the electrodes i used were aluminum foil and over time they would corrode and holes would form through the aluminum foil. Even though they were the same metals in distilled water they would corrode. You can also see this depletion zone that the guy talks about buy sticking either aluminum or magnesium in water and let it sit, where the metal meets the air in water a discoloration will happen.

Even did a blog about it and you can see they guy giving the same lecuture but its longer. Same Metal Water Battery: Water has crystal video
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• To Plengo

This is an old dry Cell, that had 1.3 volts and 6.48 MA

This video shows heat applied to dry cell, with the Amps going over 100 MA

I guess the question is does this deteriorate the cell more, or is it converting heat to electricity, this is like a molten cell used in the past

test - YouTube

Another dry cell type using heat
            test 002 - YouTube

Best of luck
            Last edited by Allwest; 08-11-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• I have been testing a new cell technique, using no space between the mag and copper

At the begging very little volts

testing 001 - YouTube

Eventually the black corroded mag starts forming a layer and the volts start showing with amps

testing 005 - YouTube

Comment

• A 60mV crystal cell charging a capacitor to over 700mV. I don't know where the extra energy is coming from.

60mV crystal pressure cell charging capacitor beyond 700mV - YouTube
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                  A 60mV crystal cell charging a capacitor to over 700mV. I don't know where the extra energy is coming from.

60mV crystal pressure cell charging capacitor beyond 700mV - YouTube
                  IB,

Sorry don't know much about capacitors

I would try it on a battery and see what result you get

What does the Amps do?

Best of luck

Comment

• 1.2 Amp cell

new cell 001 - YouTube

Comment

• Hi Allwest,
                      Very interesting recipe for the Mg-Cu battery. When you said salt and hydrogen peroxide solution for the electrolytic mix, do you mean a H2O2 water solution of food grade concentration of 35%, or do you mean a 6% concentration of drug store grade H2O2 solution? The mix should have some sort of water in it, or you just used salt with H2O2 solution?
                      1.6V 1Amp is quite impressive, I hope it can endure some days along, providing a continuous current flow without diminishing its power.
                      I suggest also the used of Permatex conductive grease to protect the Mg rod from corroding. But the H2O2 will certainly react with the grease.
                      aaron5120

Comment

• Originally posted by Allwest View Post
                        Hey Allwest,

that is a very interesting experiment. I am replicating and indeed it is very powerful. I see lots of gases (as you show in your video). The question will be how long it will run.

I like the idea of the oxidation layer between the metals and the peroxide water, which I have used in the past too and indeed that one alone increases the performance of the cell.

I will keep you guys posted of my replication on that one.

Fausto.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaron5120 View Post
                          Hi Allwest,
                          Very interesting recipe for the Mg-Cu battery. When you said salt and hydrogen peroxide solution for the electrolytic mix, do you mean a H2O2 water solution of food grade concentration of 35%, or do you mean a 6% concentration of drug store grade H2O2 solution? The mix should have some sort of water in it, or you just used salt with H2O2 solution?
                          1.6V 1Amp is quite impressive, I hope it can endure some days along, providing a continuous current flow without diminishing its power.
                          I suggest also the used of Permatex conductive grease to protect the Mg rod from corroding. But the H2O2 will certainly react with the grease.
                          aaron5120
                          aaron,

I am still playing with the electrolytic mix

I use 35% solution, but add a teaspoon to the glass of water, you could probably use a 3% solution from drug store, with no water and have same affect

I try and use very little salt, as it seems to crystallize on the copper and reduce the power

The trick is to get the copper as tight onto the mag as possible, and let the oxide build between copper

Then the mag does not corrode as much, the copper will be welded to mag if done right

Higher concentrations of hydrogen peroxide does give this type of cell allot more power, I have had this type up over 2 Amps

Note: 35% hydrogen peroxide will burn your skin

Also, interesting findings on this, at the top of the cell, I widen out the copper coil, for several reason, (one, is when the copper gets a light blue oxide on it, it will absorb the hydrogen bubbles)

Best of luck

Comment

Hey Allwest,

that is a very interesting experiment. I am replicating and indeed it is very powerful. I see lots of gases (as you show in your video). The question will be how long it will run.

I like the idea of the oxidation layer between the metals and the peroxide water, which I have used in the past too and indeed that one alone increases the performance of the cell.

Fausto.

Hi Plengo,

Thanks,

This cell is very touchy, until the oxide layer is formed

To speed the oxide layer up, you can heat the copper right on the mag, and then stick in the salt- hydrogen peroxide bath

I have found out that, after you heat up and place in liquid, the water stays hot much-WAY longer than normal, I wonder if it is being thermally activated with the liquid and hydrogen being released

Best of luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Allwest View Post
                              Hi Plengo,
                              ...the water stays hot much-WAY longer than normal...
                              hmm.

Fausto.

Comment

Hey Allwest,

Fausto.
                                Plengo,
                                The third day you will loose half the power you begin with, the one I am working on now reads 350 Ma, and when you start the meter to read it goes up to 550 Ma and stays on load, I believe the load is creating the heat that makes the Amps go up, add additional depleted hydrogen peroxide and it will go up from there

Best regards

Also, it does not need to be as long as the one in the video, you could cut the rod in quarters, and get 4 cells out of one rod

Comment

Working...
                                X