Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post
    @minoly:
    I agree, while preparing some cells last night for sealing I noticed this. While cleaning the copper pipe and magnesium rod cell for sealing, I noticed that the heat from my hands caused the current to increase. After letting the cell sit for a while, I took a 9LED flashlight to look and see if the area where the seal was going to be was clean. Again I noticed the current increasing and I was not touching the cell. With this information and remembering your post, I pulled my 2 copper magnesium alum cells that I injured in the ultrasonic experiment and measured them. 2 in parallel were measuring 1.54 Volts and 1.8 ma. With the same flashlight, shining approx 1 inch from the cells for several minutes, I got 1.57 Volts and 3.3 ma. Before shutting down I measured the cells again and got the same 1.57 Volts but 3.0 ma. Then I placed these cells in a cardboard box with the leads coming out and covered the box with several shop towels. This morning the cells measured 1.5 Volts and 1.7 ma. I will leave these cells in the dark until the weekend when I plan to put them in full sunlight and measure again. Thanks minoly for showing us this.
    Just tying to understand, is it possible the electrode potential is establishing the voltage parameters and the photoelectric is controlling current?
    @NickZ:
    Mixing the crystals in epoxy and putting in the electrodes appears to be a bust. So far no voltage or current. I will let them completely cure and measure again to be certain this is right.
    Brad S
    I actually think as I look back on my notes that both things are going on.
    one
    there is an increase in energy output when there is a temperature differential between the copper and the magnezium.
    two
    there is some solar activity being collected by the copper. we used a 100watt incandescent bulb.
    I am making a magnezium core with a large heat sink that protrudes from the cell to see if I can amplify the effect of temp differential as this one interests me more than the solar. I know there is already such a product, but I have found them extremely inefficient and difficult to work with. the temp difference has to be significant to get any real power.

Patrick

Comment

• CU MG Alum cell materials

@ John B or Chuck H,

Is standard copper plumbing pipe pure enough to be suitable for this purpose?
      At the conference, I noticed Chuck inserting a magnesium rod inside a copper pipe but I was too far away to hear the conversation and didn't get a chance to ask him about it later.

I was thinking about making a cell using a standard copper plumbing pipe with an end cap and using a smaller diameter magnesium rod inside of the copper pipe. I would prepare the copper pipe just like the copper half sphere by heating until properly oxidized and quenching/cleaning in borax solution. Once cleaned and capped I would insert a small amount of alum in the pipe or maybe a non-conductive spacer like a piece of plastic to prevent the magnesium from resting on the copper. Then I would wrap the magnesium rod in a paper towel and insert it centered in the pipe. The remaining space between the magnesium rod and the inner wall of the pipe would be filled with alum. This would provide lots of surface area of both copper and magnesium and should produce significant current.

At the demonstrations at the conference and on the DVD you show that the alum crystals grow. In the arrangement I described above, would the alum crystal growth cause excessive pressure against the inner wall of the copper pipe that could possibly cause it to burst, or fracture or damage the delicate semiconductor cuprous copper layer? The reason I am asking is during the advanced workshop, I believe Chuck had mentioned one of his cells made of acrylic had cracked but I don't remember what materials he used in that cell.

Do you think this arrangement would work?

If the crystal pressure is a problem in the above arrangement, another option would be to cut the copper pipe and magnesium rod in half lengthwise and lay the whole arrangement it on its side.

Thoughts?

Thanks
      Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by hherby View Post
        @ John B or Chuck H,

Is standard copper plumbing pipe pure enough to be suitable for this purpose?
        At the conference, I noticed Chuck inserting a magnesium rod inside a copper pipe but I was too far away to hear the conversation and didn't get a chance to ask him about it later.

I was thinking about making a cell using a standard copper plumbing pipe with an end cap and using a smaller diameter magnesium rod inside of the copper pipe. I would prepare the copper pipe just like the copper half sphere by heating until properly oxidized and quenching/cleaning in borax solution. Once cleaned and capped I would insert a small amount of alum in the pipe or maybe a non-conductive spacer like a piece of plastic to prevent the magnesium from resting on the copper. Then I would wrap the magnesium rod in a paper towel and insert it centered in the pipe. The remaining space between the magnesium rod and the inner wall of the pipe would be filled with alum. This would provide lots of surface area of both copper and magnesium and should produce significant current.

At the demonstrations at the conference and on the DVD you show that the alum crystals grow. In the arrangement I described above, would the alum crystal growth cause excessive pressure against the inner wall of the copper pipe that could possibly cause it to burst, or fracture or damage the delicate semiconductor cuprous copper layer? The reason I am asking is during the advanced workshop, I believe Chuck had mentioned one of his cells made of acrylic had cracked but I don't remember what materials he used in that cell.

Do you think this arrangement would work?

If the crystal pressure is a problem in the above arrangement, another option would be to cut the copper pipe and magnesium rod in half lengthwise and lay the whole arrangement it on its side.

Thoughts?

Thanks
        Alex
        Alex I did exactly that and it works very well.

Fausto.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post

Fausto.
          You did exactly what? Left the pipe whole or cut it in half? What kind of output did you get? And how long was the pipe?

Comment

• My 2 cent crystal cell----maybe???

@All
            I made a super simple cell using two US pennies, Elmer's glue all (Ibpointless idea), and Alum (John Bedini idea). I just sanded down one of the pennies to expose the zinc core to make the plates of a regular zinc/copper cell. I then used a piece of white paper soaked in white glue and coated in Alum as the barrier. A wooden clothes pin was used to clamp the cell and it was allowed to dry for 24 hours.
            It ended up at around .3 volts but for fun today I tried exposing it to sunlight to see if there was perhap an increase in voltage with the IR. THERE WAS!!!
            Here is the video of the experiment:

My 2 cent crystal cell---maybe.ASF - YouTube

Lidmotor

Comment

• Cu pipe

@ hherby

yes that will work. just remember that the Alum Crystals will grow out the top. so don't use to much Alum as it will grow through the path of least resistance... Have fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck h
                @ hherby

yes that will work. just remember that the Alum Crystals will grow out the top. so don't use to much Alum as it will grow through the path of least resistance... Have fun!
                Thanks Chuck
                Can the excess crystal growth out the top just be periodically removed without hurting anything?

Originally posted by plengo

Fausto.
                Hi Fausto,
                Is that how you made the 3 cells you talk about below?

Originally posted by plengo View Post
                I build 3 crystal cells based on Bedini (thank you man) latest EFV DVD series. They are holding all 3 together in series a good 2.5v and .5 ma and lighting an LED for 3 days now. Totally dry by now.
                Fausto.
                Can you tell us the dimensions of the copper pipe and magnesium rod that you used?

Thanks
                Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  You did exactly what? Left the pipe whole or cut it in half? What kind of output did you get? And how long was the pipe?
                  Sorry for not being specific. I took copper pipe caps 3/4 (JMF Copper Pipe Cap (3/4'') at Blain's Farm & Fleet) size. Those are very common in USA.

I used a torch to heat inside the cap so that it will become orange color. Cleaned with Borax solution and added alum powder inside at about 1 mm tick at the bottom of the cap. Covered with a tinny piece of kitchen paper (those used by house wives to clean table tops) and inserted a piece of magnesium of about 10 mm (I think) diameter inside. Fille remaining spaces of the cap with more alum powder.

Added a few drops of water. Made 3 of those and connected them in series. Initial voltage was around 2.60v and 4 days later now it is at 2.49v and ultra dry and hard. Still running one LED at 1/2 ma.

Fausto.

Comment

• cheap cement batteries

hi guys,

because the magnesium ribbon didn't arrive yet, i started making those super easy cement batteries with aluminium candles and a piece of copper tube.
                    we used 2 different types of cement and added sand in two out of four, still as of today (one day after the process) they all hold about the same voltage.

1.13vdc

so connected in series we had 4.5 vdc and could light a led.

...lets see for how long?^^

looking forward to the glue batteries

prato

cement-copper-aluminium-16-08-2011.jpg picture by prato_braun - Photobucket

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                      @All
                      I made a super simple cell using two US pennies, Elmer's glue all (Ibpointless idea), and Alum (John Bedini idea). I just sanded down one of the pennies to expose the zinc core to make the plates of a regular zinc/copper cell. I then used a piece of white paper soaked in white glue and coated in Alum as the barrier. A wooden clothes pin was used to clamp the cell and it was allowed to dry for 24 hours.
                      It ended up at around .3 volts but for fun today I tried exposing it to sunlight to see if there was perhap an increase in voltage with the IR. THERE WAS!!!
                      Here is the video of the experiment:

My 2 cent crystal cell---maybe.ASF - YouTube

Lidmotor

Hey Lidmotor, I like the name of the video very clever.

The video that you showed makes me think its heat but isn't heat and infrared along the same lines?

Have you made the latest glue cell that contains Epsom salt and Salt substitute with the Elmer's glue? This cell is interesting when you use copper and magnesium as you electrodes. This latest glue cell will self charge it self over and over even if you short it out for weeks. B_rads even used your pancake coil joule thief idea and he said he can run a LED for 4 hours and let the cell rest for some time and the cell will run the LED for another 4 hours. I highly recommend making this latest glue battery.

Here's a video on how to make the latest glue battery How to Make a Crystal Glue cell - YouTube
                      In the video I used copper and aluminum but copper and magnesium works a lot better.
                      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Nvm, info is in the video.
                        Last edited by Freezer; 08-18-2011, 02:52 AM. Reason: Redundant info

Comment

• Guys:
                          I just threw something together that seams to be working well. A cell made with a piece of galvanized iron sheet 1 by 3 by 1/8 inch, and some copper wire wrapped around it. Between them is a cloth layer soaked in salt water. Its puts out about a volt and 60mA. Not bad for just some stuff laying around. Two of or three them would more than light an led or two, or connected to a BwJt circuit, would light alot more leds than that.
                          I could imagine taking short 4 to 6 inch pieces of galvanized iron pipe, covering it with oil-Epsom soaked cloth, and then wrapping it with copper wire. I think that it would would quite well. Sure would be nice in an emergency as they can be made very quickly.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Crystal seporation

@ hherby

Yes! You can remove and store, or use at your leisure, the crystal section. You can also soak (Hot water) and reshape, and or remove as needed for service if ever needed. I would recommend using the Cu bowl that John Bedini has shown as this works very well as designed for the low power circuits. Hope this helped.
                            Last edited by chuck H; 08-18-2011, 02:38 AM. Reason: oops 2 many the the

Comment

• cell design

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                              Hey Lidmotor, I like the name of the video very clever.

The video that you showed makes me think its heat but isn't heat and infrared along the same lines?

Have you made the latest glue cell that contains Epsom salt and Salt substitute with the Elmer's glue? This cell is interesting when you use copper and magnesium as you electrodes. This latest glue cell will self charge it self over and over even if you short it out for weeks. B_rads even used your pancake coil joule thief idea and he said he can run a LED for 4 hours and let the cell rest for some time and the cell will run the LED for another 4 hours. I highly recommend making this latest glue battery.

Here's a video on how to make the latest glue battery How to Make a Crystal Glue cell - YouTube
                              In the video I used copper and aluminum but copper and magnesium works a lot better.
                              @ Ibpointless
                              I have several glue battery experiments running right now. They all work but it is a case of how much power and for how long. Time will tell. The 2 cent cell was the one that showed a reaction to sunlight so I made the video of that one. I am pretty sure now that it was a heat event and not a photovoltaic one.

@John B.
                              I tried to make Rochelle salt using the McCormick cream of tartar but I think that buying the salt ready made is a better idea like you said. I have not found the selenium locally yet. May have to order that also.

@Chuck H.
                              Any tips on these cells is greatly appreciated. I can't find those small copper bowls anywhere. The copper bowls that I can find cost too much or are too big. The copper pipe end caps that Minoly is using might be the answer. I also can't find the thin copper sheet locally to make the "Star" cathode used in John's latest cell. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lidmotor

Comment

• Lidmotor

You can get selenium supplements at Health food stores or Drug stores. I would think that you could just crush them up into a powder. Unless this is the incorrect form of it. I would imagine it is the same mineral.

FRC

Comment

Working...
                                X